Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Not so Lonely Wilderness

Started by PixelatedGlory, March 23, 2018, 09:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelatedGlory

Though Mert was more used to getting hot food regularly it was still always something wonderful at the end of a long day. He enjoyed his food, though he had no problem pacing himself. He watched as Asta seemed to really enjoy her food and smiled when Deli snuck down to steal some of the food in his bowl. It was like a little family-style dinner.

Mert thought about Asta's offer to keep watch. He didn't want her to miss out on sleeping but if she didn't need to sleep all night it would probably be a good idea to have her keeping an ear out for trouble. Deli was pretty good at sensing danger approaching but Asta's help could make it that much safer. "As long as you get enough sleep. I'll try to remember there's another friendly animal in here if I wake up in the night," he said with a grin. It had been terrifying the night before but after spending the day with Asta in various animal forms he didn't think it would happen like that again.

DragonSong

"Promise." A smile flickered across her face and she nodded. "I could keep this shape, if that makes things easier?" she offered after a moment of thought.

It wasn't as though she disliked being human. She just wasn't really used to keep the form for such long stretches at a time.

PixelatedGlory

Mert shook his head as he finished the last few mouthfuls of his dinner. "I ain't gonna tell you what shape to stay in. That's up to you. Like I said, now I know you might be an animal it shouldn't be a problem."

While Mert had indeed eaten most of his food, he had apparently set aside several tasty morsels of food and held his bowl up for Deli to happily munch away on as he started cleaning things up. As he glanced over at Asta trying to stay buried in the furs he decided to throw a little more fuel on the fire to warm the tent up a little more than he usually would.

"Thanks for your help today. Might not have gone well for me 'n' Deli if we came across them wolves by ourselves." There would have definitely been bloodshed, and almost assuredly Mert would have been wounded or killed.

DragonSong

Asta shook her head. "Don't thank me. Honestly, it was as much for my benefit as for yours. Packs don't usually take too kindly to lone wolves wandering about in their territory. If I hadn't been with you two, they probably would have just attacked me."