Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Roses. [open/PM to join!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 11, 2017, 11:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Long enough," Sadb answered with a shrug, and reluctantly began to follow, several paces behind the woman--which made hearing her more challenging, but it was quiet enough out there in the middle of nowhere.

She would just have to find a way to shake the girl. Perhaps once they got to the village? Or wherever it was they were going. Once they reached a place with a lot of people about, it would be easier to get lost among a crowd and get back home before the fae threw a bloody--quite literally--fit.

Or maybe she could lose her before that.

"How long have you been out here?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Gwendolyn smiled to herself as the girl began to follow, intentionally slowing her pace so as to lesson the distance between them. Her new "friend" seemed intent on dodging the Adhara's questions, but it was understandable enough- Gwendolyn probably wouldn't want to talk either, had she been in the woman's shoes.

The soldier frowned. "Today? Only a few hours. I've been in the general area for about a week, just scouting." Turning her head to look at her companion, Gwendolyn's brow furrowed. "Could I get your name? It's alright if you'd rather not tell me."

Rhindeer

"...Anna," Sadb replied after a brief pause, after weighing her options in her head. There were other Sadbs out there, of course, but she didn't know how many other hermetic Sadbs there were. She didn't want to risk this woman having heard of the witch Sadb.

"What's yours? And how far is this town of yours? Are you sure it's not more dangerous this way, two women walking through the wilds alone, with some beast at large? That seems far more risky to me!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Anna." Gwendolyn repeated, as if checking to see if she was capable of saying the name. "We'll only be walking for as long as it takes to get to my horse. Stonebridge isn't too far, I'll have you there by midnight at the latest."

The White Lily paused. Should she tell the girl her name? It was tough call. On one hand, Gwendolyn's reputation might set the woman at ease- but on the other hand, telling people her name often led to annoying questions.

It was basically the same conversation every time. They'd first ask something like "You're that Gwendolyn Mittermeyer?" To which she'd always respond yes, she was. Then they'd say something like "I never thought I'd actually meet you in person" or "My child won't stop talking about you", to which she'd put on a fake smile and thank them. Then she'd always face a barrage of questions about her life as an soldier, inquiries as to what battles she'd personally fought in, and requests for war stories- all of which were tiring for her. Anna would likely be no different, and the thought of having to spend a few hours with her if she knew...

Yeah. It was a tough call. Still, Gwendolyn didn't like lying.

Gritting her teeth and praying for the best, the soldier broke her silence. "My name is Gwendolyn" she murmured, deciding to leave out her surname for the time being. "I'm with the White Lilies."

"Please, don't let her put two and two together." she prayed silenty. "For my sanity's sake."