Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Traveler [OPEN]

Started by Morgan Droud, October 21, 2017, 10:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan Droud

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind."

Though she said that, there was a doubt in the back of her mind about the missing memories. It was less that they were missing, more like they were scattered. She remembered the city, and taking part in it's defense, but from a multitude of perspectives, and despite the name she had given, she could not recall a single person referencing her as that.

No matter how she looked at it, it felt more like the recollections of a group than the thought of a single individual.

"So, how do we leave here exactly?"

Wrathwyrm

How do you leave?

"Well, that's actually not so hard.  This place has kind of a strange effect in the transition.  I came in from a specific point, but I could walk back out in any direction to leave.  This way, that way, any way."

She indicated with her finger as she said the last part.

"This wide open, perpetually peaceful wilderness has a borderline where it stops being itself, and it starts being your point of entry.  You could emerge from a cave or a woods or a grassy plain...  There'll always be a bunch of very lush trees around when you do.  They seem to be a marker.  The borderline seems to appear when the area gets just a bit misty."

The ferret would've said gray and misty, but she couldn't actually tell the difference.  You see, Keefe is color-blind.

Morgan Droud

"Aright. So, shall we go?"

Morgan more than ready to leave. Keefe was good company, and chatting was fun, but the longer she stayed here, a strange feeling crept up on her. It felt, off, like she wasn't supposed to be here, like this place didn't want her here.

And of course, she wanted to know what exactly was going to happen once she left as well.

Wrathwyrm

"Sure.  I've had my nap.  No reason not to."

So, she led her in a promising direction.

"I usually don't get any unexpected visitors around here.  Sometimes, not at home, either."

It wasn't going to be a long walk to the edge.  This place was big, but not so large as to take all day to get anywhere.

Mogoth

"Wait! " A voice ca me from some near by trees, as a figure pulled away some branches . He wore simple brown, loose fiting slacks and an open cloak of green, his hood was up. The man wore no shirt and his skin was of red brown like clay.
"Hey i dont know how i ended up here and i heard you two saying you were leaving "

Leftrarü

The slow steps of a horse on grass sounded across the clearing, almost unnoticeable with the voice of the other newcomer.
As it rode out from the edge of the forest light fell upon a tall man, who had a surprised, if amused, expression.
His eyes had a visible spark of curiosity as he regarded his surroundings and the people around him.
Blades of grass folded under his feet as he got down from the horse.

In a throaty voice he spoke:
"Excuse me, but could someone tell me what is this place? I'm not entirely sure of how i got here, but it's too different from the steppes i was travelling through to be mundane"

Tags: