Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mirror Mirror in My Pocket {Eckhart!}

Started by Celegwen, November 11, 2017, 01:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

Vivianne furrowed her brows. "Sarah?" She asked. "Who the fuck is..." She shook her head. "I don't have time for that. Hildegarde, I'm not here to hurt you! Believe me, this is not my first choice, but I don't know what else to do. Get rid of that fucking gas so I can look you in the eye."

She took a deep breath, folding her arms over her chest. "Right now, Eckhart's fine. But I don't know how much longer he will be. You know me better than anyone else does, so you know that I would never come back here if I had any other option."

Oh, for fuck's sake, the girl thought, this is so not going well. I just need her to listen to me.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde glowered behind her smokescreen. "Do you take me for a fool, Vivianne? I know you work with The Silence now." She narrowed her eyes. "And we both know how your powers work."

Deep beneath her anger, Hildegarde was conflicted. "I don't want to believe you. I really, really don't." she thought, mouth twitching. "But if there's even the smallest chance you're being truthful..."

The gang leader crossed her arms. "Why should I believe anything you say?"

Celegwen

"Why would I come back here if I was just going to lie to you?" Vivianne asked, her voice a little louder than normal. She pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head. "You know I don't think you're a fool, but I think you're being very foolish right now."

Vivianne looked at the shape behind the smokescreen and sighed. I don't why I thought she'd listen to me, she thought. I wouldn't have listened to her if she'd come to me.

"I don't work with the Silence. I know everyone in the gang because the leader thinks of me as a friend, but I just use them. They mean nothing to me." She shrugged slightly, rubbing her upper arm. "That's why I'm here. One of them, her codename is Wasp, is after Eckhart for a second time. Clearly you already know what happened the first time, so you know how dangerous this woman is. For gods' sakes! I would never lie about your brother's life: you mean too-" She cut herself off before finishing that rant. "It's too serious a matter."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Lying piece of shit." Hildegarde thought bitterly. "She probably killed him already. Still, if there's a chance..."

"I already know that Wasp us after Eckhart." she said flatly. "I also know that you were sent by Spider to 'protect' him." Hildegarde took a few paces to the left, taking the chlorine with her. "If you actually care enough about my useless brother to come here..."

Hildegarde stopped pacing. She looked back towards the mirror, eyes steely. "...You'll tell me Spider's real name."

Celegwen

Vivianne's heart started racing. She knew that Hildegarde would've known most of the information that she had given her, but she was dreading being asked for information not freely offered.

It wasn't that Vivianne was loyal to Teryn because she really wasn't. She knew that he needed her far more than she needed him. Still... They'd known each other longer than she and Hildegarde were close, and he had never done anything to hurt her.

I can't... she thought. He's done nothing to me... She took a shaky breath, pursing her lips together. "Teryn Alut."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Huh." Hildegarde wasn't expecting Vivianne to actually answer. There was still the possibility of her lying though, so she followed up with a second question- something Hildegarde already knew the answer to. "Alright then. What's Fly's name?"

"Just wait. Viv's gonna slip up."

Celegwen

"Phoenix Contel," Vivianne said without batting an eye. Outing Teryn was a difficult moral dilemma, but she absolutely hated Phoenix. The woman was pathetic and desperate and impulsive, everything Vivianne had come to despise.

If it hadn't been for her, Vivianne thought, none of this would have even started.

The girl tilted her head slightly to the right, narrowing her eyes. "So, did I pass?" She asked, a bit condescendingly. "I already told you I'm not here to lie to you."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde's eyes widened. "Y-you're being truthful?" The chlorine began to fade. For a brief moment, the shock in the woman's face was visible. Almost immediately she regained her composure, an angry look on her face. "Well then."

Running a hand through her hair, Hildegarde shifted on her feet uncomfortably. "Where is he, exactly? I can have him brought here in five minutes."

Celegwen

Vivianne smiled softly, as the gas faded away. She bit her tongue because she secretly hated that Hildegarde actually looked amazing. She always looked good, the girl thought. I don't know what I was thinking she'd look like...

"Of course I'm being truthful." She nodded briefly. "He's in Maestoso. He was leaving the Maestoso Public Library when I came here. Couldn't have gotten far. He's staying at a hostel a few minutes' walk away from there with his cat. Wasp is still at least a day away by horse, so you have time. Just..." Vivianne looked down momentarily, drawing a short breath. "Make sure he's safe."

With a slight smirk, she shrugged. "And after this is all over, we should catch up." It was a half hollow invitation. She honestly did miss Hildegarde, but she didn't hold any real expectation that the pink-clad woman would actually agree to it.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

It was funny, Hildegarde decided, that the two people she thought she'd never speak to again showed up at her doorstep on the same day. The woman seemed to shrink as she stared at the reflection of her old friend, a wistful look on her face. "Fuck it. I'm already going to try and fix things with Ecks, so why not her too?"

The facade of a confident grin grew on Hildegarde's face. "Tell ya what, Viv. If you get me the name of the hostel and his room number, I'll catch up with you after I catch up with him. Deal?"

"Sweet Ansgar, I'm getting way to soft for this job."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...And then she told me she was sorry, but I didn't want to risk her being evil so I left."

Eckhart sat on the hostel bed, fiddling with his necklace. Belladonna sat next to him, tail curled around her legs. "Wow." the cat said, clearly bemused. "You just attract these people, huh?"

"Bella, it's not funny!" the boy said indignantly. "What if she comes out of the mirror to kill me now?"

"Oh, calm down Tuna Fish. When she touched me, I was able to claw her. You can just bust her head in with your hammer if she shows up."

Eckhart shrunk back. "Bella, that's really violent..."

The cat licked her paw and began to smooth out the fur on her head. "That's just it." she meowed. "I've been thinking, if you were less passive, these girls would stop showing up. They're attracted to that."

The boy shrunk back even further. "W-what do you mean, 'attracted'?"

Belladonna looked up at Eckhart, purring. "I mean all these women are trying to get into your pants, Eckhart."

"Ew!" the boy cried as the cat laughed. "Come on, don't even joke like that!"

"Damn it, now I'm going to start believing it too. Fuck my life."

Celegwen

The girl was actually taken aback when Hildegarde agreed to catch up with each other. She had mainly said it just as a way to clear the air, but the unexpected acceptance of the invitation seemed to rekindle a warmth.

"It's the Red Bird. Room..." she thought briefly. "I think it was room eight." She smirked, not completely believing that they'd ever see each other again. It would be a nice surprise, but Vivianne felt she needed to hold her guard. She started to fade from the mirror. "It was good to see you again, Hildegarde."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Hildegarde watched as Vivianne faded from the mirror. She lingered in her room for a few minutes, taking in everything that had happened. "No." she thought, shaking her head. "The more I wait, the more I'll over think this." She walked briskly out of her apartment, taking the stairs down to Addie's room on the second floor...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm telling you, Wasp totally had the hots for you."

Eckhart went red in the face. "She tried to kill me!"

"On orders from Spider." Belladonna purred, flicking her tail. "If she wasn't on orders, she'd have chased you romantically instead." 

"Shut uuuup!" Eckhart whined, visibly flustered. "She didn't like-"

*creak*

Eckhart stopped mid-sentence, whipping his head around. A familiar looking woman had opened his door to his room, and was now looking at him the way somebody would look at a puppy. "Hey Eric!" she said cheerily. "Hildegarde wants to talk to you, so get your stuff and things and walk through the door, okay?"

Eckhart's body froze up, and he looked at the brunette timidly. He turned his head to Belladonna, who had begun to rub up against his legs. "I'll get your stuff, kiddo." she meowed comfortingly. "You go through."

Eckhart nodded slowly, and stood up. He gingerly stepped forwards, giving the woman an awkward nod. Finally he steeled himself, and walked through the door...

~fin~

Tags: