Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fire On High (Lasciel!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, November 14, 2017, 05:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"The only good thing about humans," Emilia Black-Hearth decided as she shifted through a pile of dusty tomes, "Is their tendency to collect all of their knowledge in one place."

It was early winter. It had snowed a few nights ago, and the city of Reichsgard had been coated in a thick blanket of white ever since. The busier streets had been cleared by the city's mage council, but the side streets and alleyways were still difficult to travel on. Icicles hung from every rooftop and street lamp, and in the cold mid-afternoon the entire city seemed to sparkle.

Emilia hated snow.

The former dragoness had come to this city for a single reason- Reichsgard had a famously large bookshop. Books were knowledge, and knowledge was power- and power was something Emilia desperately, desperately wanted.

Unfortunately, the bookshop didn't seem to have any of the power she was searching for. "Wildlife? No, that's useless. Cooking? Boring." she thought as she went through each and every book on each and every shelf. "Where are the books about rituals and sacrifice? This place is a dreadful travesty!"

"Excuse me ma'am?" Emilia turned to see one of the clerks looking at her. "Would you like help finding something?"

The former warlord's nose wrinkled. "Not from you, worm. Get out of my sight!" Emilia turned on her heel and walked away, leaving the man speechless. "Disgusting creature!" she thought angrily. "How dare it address me as if it knows better than I do?"

Another thirty minutes passed without Emilia finding anything. "This is a hopeless waste of my time." Emilia thought bitterly as she stormed towards the exit. "I cannot believe I bothered to grace this filth with my-"

One her way out, a small book lodged between two encyclopedias caught Emilia's eye. Picking it up, she looked at the cover and smiled.

Collective Belief: A Mortal's Guide to Godhood

"That works." she thought. Walking towards the door, she waved to clerk. "You'll be giving this to me, human. Be thankful that your establishment wasn't a complete waste of my time."

The clerk looked at Emilia dumbfounded. "I- Hey! You still need to pay for that!" He yelled as Emilia walked out of the shop. "Get back here!"

Emilia didn't listen, and began to walk down the ice-covered street. "Now all I need is a good, quiet place to read..."

Lasciel

A dashingly gorgeous woman strutted her way down the chilly streets, wearing her traditional attire of a sleeveless purple dress that ended at her upper thigh and deep purple tights reaching up to her mid thigh. Her arms were kept slightly warm by her handless arm cuffs, one on each hand that extended to her mid bicep, and her feet were encased in dark purple high heels, clacking loudly as she walked down the streets. One might worry about her slipping in her heels, as they do not get much traction on the frozen ground; however, unbeknownst to those around her, she was using small amounts of her fire magic to melt the icy where she walked, allowing her to safely travel in her most favorite shoes. A woman's best friend when it came to showing off her assets were high heels after all, at least to the demon.

Lasciel passed by numerous stores as she browsed the area, it was her first time in Northern Serendipity and she wanted to experience all it had to offer, but none of them caught her attention. The hybrid creature wanted to buy new clothes, preferably ones a little more revealing than those she already had on, but everytime she saw a clothing store they were only selling winter attire. It seemed she had picked the wrong place to visit if she wanted appealing outerwear, and thus, she set her eyes on new things to spend her money on.

Such as a dessert shop; the aroma of the sweet cakes and and gooey brownies wafting through the air and drifting to her nose as she passed by a shop with its doors opened. Lasciel couldn't help her desire for delicious treats, and she wasn't one to deny herself the finer things in life. As she entered the parlour, her eyes scanned the selection of treats and she knew right away which one she was going to choose. It was a dark brownie with melted marshmallows on top. She half-way ignored what the girl in charge of the counter said as she paid for her delectable brownie and was on her way, already taking a bite and revelling in the gooey goodness that was the marshmallow. Her eyes lit up with joy as she quickly devoured the sweet as she made her way through Serendipity, making sure she looked radiant and clean after every bite. Once she was finished, she threw the container for the brownie in a nearby trash can and continued her journey onward.

A minute or so passed before she saw a sign for a bookstore, becoming her next destination on her quest. Yet fate seemed to be against her as someone, a blonde female whose attention seemed like it was elsewhere, roughly bumping into her arm, causing her to spin on her heels and face the woman, yelling out a typical response, "Hey!-oh? That's an interesting book you have there...". She instantly noted the book in her hand, a smirk pulling at the edges of her face when she read the title. The woman was a mortal, and she was interested in becoming part of the Godhood. It might just be that girl's lucky day as she ran into, quite literally, a divine being of otherworldly powers and abilities.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia walked the frozen streets, tattered cloak dragging through the snow behind her. "Ugh, I hate this weather!" she thought angrily as her eyes searched for a warm place she could sit and read. "It's awful and useless! Why can't snow be lukewarm?"

Just then, somebody brushed up against her! Emilia recoiled. "Insolence! How dare you touch me?" The raggedy woman spun her head around to look at who had had walked into her, a sneer plastered on her face. "Watch where you're going, you-"

Emilia cut herself off as her brain registered what she was looking at. A snort of laughter escaped her lips, which was followed by a snicker, and ended in cruel laughter. She pointed at the scantily clad woman, grinning madly. "What the hell are you supposed to be?" she asked mockingly. "Isn't it a bit too cold to be working the streets?"

Lasciel

It seemed the girl needed a lesson in manners, having even less etiquette than her demon persona. She clearly bumped into Lasciel, yet tried to pin the blame on herself, as if the hybrid was clumsy enough to run into someone. But to make matters even worse, she began to snicker and mock her attire, as if there was anything wrong with the clothing she wore. The girl had the gall to insult her own clothes, when she had on an old, tattered and torn cloak. Lasciel took no offense to the words she ended with, giving no shits about if the woman thought she were selling herself or not. Why should she care about the opinion's of others, especially some random stranger?

Lasciel ignored the woman's brazen comments, unfazed by her antics. Instead she donned a smirk across her full lips as she mocked back, referencing her tattered cloak and too-large-for-her-body clothing as her being homeless. "Isn't there a shelter you should be going back to? Or did they kick you out onto the streets?" Lasciel actually felt no malicious feelings towards the woman despite her insulting comments, she just enjoyed messing with others and felt the woman couldn't be let off so easily. She also felt no chill from the biting cold, even with little clothing on, due to her fire magic coursing through her veins and keeping her limbs warm as it radiated off of her slightly, barely visible over her skin but noticeable if one had a keen eye for magic.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia scowled. "Bitch! How dare she!" she thought, willfully ignorant of her own hypocrisy. "Doesn't she know not to talk back to her betters?" The woman clenched her fists tightly, and her left eye began to twitch. "Can she not see who she's speaking to?"

Regaining her composure, Emilia gave the girl a maliciously sweet smile. "The shelter is a bit too passe for my liking." she said, looking down her nose at the inferior creature. "The castle is a bit more my speed." She crossed her arms and sneered. "You know, even the other whores are wearing those trashy, tight-fitting parkas. What mayes you so special?"

Lasciel

The high and mighty woman's reaction to her comment made the hybrid smirk, her eyes full of obvious joy at making her feel upset or annoyed. It was just a bit fulfilling to see her clench her fists and twitch her eye. Serves her right for trying to do that to her.

Moments later, the girl coming back to her senses, began to feign kindness, painting a revolting fake smile upon her face. Her intentions were too easy to read, at least in Lasciel's mind. She mentioned living in a castle and the demon almost scoffed. A woman in ragged clothes like her living in a castle? If she had the money to live in such a place, she would have enough money to buy better clothes, even if she were trying to pretend being poor. They had a lot better clothes for the poor than rags.

Lasciel rolled her eyes as the woman continued to try and antagonize her, again unfazed with her less-than-vague insults. She replied in a rather casual, disinterested tone, "The only real difference, doll, is that I'm no whore. I have higher standards than those woman who throw themselves at anyone." Her eyes traveled down as she spoke, eyeing her up and down, analyzing. Her eyes moved up once more to make eye contact with the woman as she continued speaking, "Like you, for example. I wouldn't dare throw myself at such a lowly mortal. And a castle? Puh-lease. I doubt you live in such a nice place, unless you serve the owner."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia stared at the woman in contempt. "Who are you calling mortal, mortal?" she said, placing her hands on her hips. "I will have you know that I am a dragon." She smirked as if she had the woman cornered. "Ha! Now cower in fear!"

Emilia let out a satisfied hum. "Really though, it doesn't surprise me that you have "standards"- you seem like the type who overestimates their worth." She tapped her finger in her chin thoughtfully. "You are right to not throw yourself at me though- I am much too far out of your league."

Lasciel

This woman seemed to think she could be the only one hiding her true powers in a human form, deeming Lasciel a mere mortal based only on her appearance. She mentally scoffed at her naïveté nature, pitying her contorted grasp of reality. "A dragon you say? If you are such a formidable creature, prove it. Then maybe I'll grace you with my true form's presence." She wondered if the woman was bluffing or serious. If she was faking it, Lasciel would be quite disappointed in her acting, being all bark and no bite. Yet if she truly was a dragon, her impression of the woman would rise drastically, and she would respect her more than she currently did.

Lasciel couldn't help but chuckle at the satisfied words spewing out of her mouth. After a few seconds of her light laughter, the hybrid smirked widely, her eyes burning with amusement. "One could say the same about you, overestimating your worth."

She chose not to even attempt arguing with the woman over her own worth, it was a waste of her time and energy. Plus, who even said that was how the woman felt about her truly? She could be putting up an act, trying to break Lasciel down out of jealousy or to make herself feel better about her appearance. She crossed her arms over her chest, her grip still tight on the hilt of her scythe, her lips pursed before she replied, "Mmm, no one is out of your league if you try hard enough. Might wanna keep that in mind, maybe you'll need it someday."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia laughed sharply, resting her hand on the hilt if her wooden sword. "Don't be foolish, worm." she said condescendingly. "Simply witnessing the sheer beauty of my true form would surely cause you to lose your mind." She smirked. "You don't want to be sent to a home, do you?"

"I must change the subject, now." Emilia thought. "I can't keep up the facade if she pushes me on it."

Emilia tilted her head, and pointed at the girl's weapon. "That toy you're carrying..." she began slowly. "You realize that's a farmer's tool, yes? As in, it's used to harvest crops?" She smiled slightly. "I read that in a book once."

Lasciel

As the woman mentioned the pure beauty of her dragon form and how just witnessing it would make her go insane, the hybrid couldn't help but chuckle at such a silly notion. "Haha oh my, such outrageous claims you have. Maybe if I were a mortal I'd believe your silly words, but since I am not, you cannot scare me away so easily. A dragon is a dragon, a beast not a beauty no matter what your human form may look like. Anyone can guess that much just by knowing what a dragon is. Now, an angel or demon, those creatures take on beautiful, divine forms. Can you possibly disagree about that?"

It was then Lasciel noticed the woman's hand resting on the hilt of her sword, a child's play thing at that. What, did she not even have enough money for a sword made of metal? She should have known, what with the type of woman she obviously was. If she had money she would have fixed her clothing first and then her weaponry.The woman cocked her head to the side as if she were confused, pointing at the scythe in her right hand and asking why she carried it if it was a farmer's tool.

The woman's ignorance elicited a look of pity from the demon, her eyes softening at her lack of real world knowledge. "What a silly person you are, to think such a massive scythe was a tiny farmer's hoe. I thought dragons were supposed to be wise?" Lasciel crossed her arms over her bosom, her tone innocent despite the bite they brought, "Ah, I guess I shouldn't have expected much from you, considering your own weapon is a kid's practice sword."

Tags: