Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Spy with My Little Eye {Eckhart} {M}

Started by Celegwen, November 17, 2017, 01:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

The wind was deafening at the speed which Baylrys flew. Freisae held tightly upon his back, occasionally getting whipped by her own braided hair. She stretched to her left to look down from the massive dragon. Directing Baylrys wasn't exactly an easy thing to do, but she had gotten it to be as simple as it could be.

By pounding her fist twice on his left side, Freisae told Baylrys to land. His speed slowed significantly to the point that the woman could direct him vocally. As they landed in an open area, townsfolk scattered or walked to the side to see the interesting pair. Freisae clearly wasn't one of the Adelan Dragonriders, but Baylrys listened to her like they had military training.

He lifted his hand to his shoulder. She climbed on and was carefully lowered to the ground. "Want anything, Rys?" Freisae asked, looking upward.

The dragon folded his wings against his body, laying down to relax. "See if they have any cows," he said, grinning.

"It's a diner," she said with a smirk, walking towards the small building. "I'll be out in twenty minutes."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence didn't have to go far. "Oh! There's one!" he thought, noting the massive black dragon that had landed nearby. "And it's unattended!"

Running up to the dragon and climbing onto it's back, Terrence attempted to give it an order. "Ok! Mush!"

Celegwen

Baylrys heard what was comparable to the buzzing of a gnat. He felt something small scurry up onto his back and frowned slightly. Out of instinct, he went to look behind him and stopped. "Mush?" He groaned, lifting his top lip. "Who do you think you are?"

Freisae stopped in the open door and turned around with furrowed brows. "Rys, who the hell are you talking to?"

"Something's on my back."

A rage grew in the woman's eyes. She was extremely possessive over her dragons, and anyone who tried to take one would surely feel her wrath. "Lift me," she said, marching towards the dragon. She stepped onto his hand, and he lifted her to his back once again. There was a small boy on Baylrys' back acting like he owned the damn place! "Who are you?" She asked angrily. "Why are you touching my dragon? And why the fuck do you actually have the stones to try to fly him?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence looked at the dragon, eyes wide. "Um..."

"Shit! What do I say?"

Just as he opened his mouth to speak, a very angry looking woman was lifted up by the dragon. Terrence scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Oh, um, is this dragon yours?" he said, a sheepish look on his face. "I... Thought he was public transportation?"

"Okay, that was really lame. This won't end well."

Celegwen

Freisae's low chuckle was probably less comforting than if she had physically harmed the boy. Folding her arms over her chest, she crouched down to be at the boy's level.

"Alright, pipsqueak," she started. "First off, I call bullshit. No one's stupid enough to just climb onto a dragon's back and think it's public transportation. Dragons are noble creatures, fit for only certain people to fly. You are obviously not one of them."

Baylrys shook his head, blowing a puff of smoke from his nostrils.

"What?" She asked, turning around to look at the dragon. He simply smirked, and Freisae rolled her eyes. "Fine! You're too nice!" Looking at the boy again, the woman patted the dragon. "My name's Freisae Norkait. He's Baylrys. If it was one of my other dragons, you would've been dead by now, so I suggest you never try something this foolish again. Luckily for you, we don't have anything to do today. Where were you trying to take my dragon?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Gosh, she's awfully full of herself." Terrence thought at he stared up at Freisae. "I guess if you spend enough time around dragons, you start to act like one." He shrunk back slightly. "Um... Right. Never again. Gotcha."

The boy looked to the side nervously. "I need to get to Zantaric by tonight." he said, clearly distressed. "My Best Friend's brother is in danger."

Celegwen

The corner of the woman's lips curved upward, as she turned to her left and opened her satchel. "I can get you there in hour, if you can handle Baylrys' top speed."

She pulled out a pair of what had to have been custom-made goggles and a very small vile of clear liquid. "I work cheap for my profession, but not free. For a trip to Zantaric, it'll cost you 45 silver. You'll need to wear these goggles and drink the vile. You'll be blinded by the wind and suffocate because gonna how high he flies. This will allow you to survive - temporarily - on the thin air. I promise I'm not trying to poison you." She held the goggles and vile out to him. "Acceptable terms?"

Tags: