Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Silent Storms

Started by DragonSong, December 06, 2017, 12:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Lily nodded slowly and continued along behind him in silence. Absently, she held the robe tighter around her body and sort of huddled into it, her eyes fixed on her feet so she could watch her step carefully.

Wycliff

They walked for quite a while, heading in the general direction of The border. The sun was set, and the darkness encroached upon the forest. The trees sang with the music of the night, wildlife giving less than a wild berth. An owl perched right above where Jace stopped. "How about here?" The area was clear of shrubbery, a small absence of trees. On the ground, small flowers made a natural circle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DragonSong

Too tired by that point to really say much, either in agreement or otherwise, Lily nodded and more or less collapsed onto the ground. "What- what should I do?" she asked, looking up to Jace with wide gray eyes. She had absolutely no idea how one was supposed to go about setting up a camp, but she didn't want it all to be left to him.

Wycliff

Jace paused, rubbing the back of his neck. "Uh... I honestly don't know. I've never actually tried to set up camp, I usually just copy my dad's Shadow meld, and sleep in the shadows when I'm not at home." He looked around, a bit befuddled now. "We...could...make a fire?"

DragonSong

Lily blinked at him. "I...don't know how to do that." Her cheeks colored a delicate pink as just how useless she was in this situation dawned on her.

And it really seemed like they'd need a fire; the air was cooling rapidly as evening changed to true dusk and even with the cloak she shivered.

Wycliff

Jace began to look around for some dry logs or sticks, anything the could build a fire with. He had the flame, not the fuel. Eventually, he came back, levitating four logs that looked slightly dead. "These should work!" He placed them down, and began to dig a small pit with his hands, but strangely, he hit rock almost immediately, uncovering intricately cut stone with runic engravings etched in.

Jace's eyebrows shot up. "Is this-" He began to clear away the sod around them, slowly unveiling a circular slab of stone, positioned directly in the center of all the flowers. "It is! We found a fairy circle!"

DragonSong

Lily stared at him. "...A what?"

Nope. No, that's it. She was done, no more today, thank you and good night.

Her vision went fuzzy at the edges and she dropped her head forward into her hands with a little moan of distress. "Of course we did," she mumbled, starting to giggle a little hysterically. "Of- of course we did!"

Wycliff

Jace was too excited to acknowledge the obvious sarcasm. "It's an ancient teleportation system, linked to the leylines of the continent! Theoretically, there should be at least one Fairy circle in Serendipity that we could access through this one!" He glanced around. "It seems abandoned, makes sense with Connloath being so hostile to magic. I just need to remember how these work..." He started pouring over the runes, decifering as he went.

DragonSong

"Leylines...Serendipity?" She swallowed. "We're going to- to teleport? Through this...fairy circle?" Was she understanding him right.

Tags: