Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You're Alive?! {Eckhart}

Started by Celegwen, December 10, 2017, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

Wandering through the halls, the dragoness looked around for the library. She'd heard about the Black-Hearth library and desperately wanted to see if it really was as large as they said. It was bigger.

A smile stretched across her lips, and a small gleam appeared in her crimson eyes. Never in her life had Idryth seen so many books and scrolls and times and enything else in one place. She knew she could probably spend her entire life in that one room and probably still not finish everything.

"Oh, this is wonderful," she mumbled to herself. She walked briskly to the nearest shelf, which contained all kinds of historical books and documents. "Let's see just who this woman is." She picked up a worn book with the Black-Hearth family name printed neatly on the front.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Nothing fit anymore. "How the hell was I so small?" Emilia thought angrily as she tried and failed to put on her favorite top. The former dragoness had always worn very tight, form fitting outfits in order to show off her curves- after all, there was no point in having something if you weren't going to flaunt it- but it was now apparent that not investing in other apparel had been a mistake. "At least most of my collection still fits..." she thought, throwing her top on the ground in a huff. "But it's not like I can just wear those around..."

Fed up, Emilia stormed out of her room. "Alecti was tall, maybe there's something in his room..." she thought as she walked through the halls, still topless. "Who knows, maybe I'll look good in a suit."

Celegwen

Idryth sat on the floor with the hand-written book. Clearly it was written by someone who worshipped Emilia more than Idryth did because all that the book contained was words of praise to Emilia. She snapped the book shut with pursed lips. She didn't want to know how amazing the Black-Hearth family was; she wanted the dirt. She wanted to know the dark secrets and the inner turmoil of the siblings.

Clearly, she wasn't going to get that there.

She picked up another book and started off with it. Reading as she walked, it was an obviously fictional story about a princess. She hated the stories about the helpless princess and the knight who came to her rescue. Still, it was entertaining for the time being.

She strolled through the hallways with her nose in the book, hearing muffled footsteps. Looking down another hall, Idryth raised her right eyebrow. She caught a glimpse of a clearly topless Emilia walking or of her room. Once again, she thought at glancing at the now human woman's shockingly marvelous breasts, more than I needed to know. With her nose back in the book, she continued down the hall.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Walking into Alecti's room felt like opening a crypt. The air smelled stale, and there was a thick layer of dust on every surface. "Eugh." Emilia thought, glancing at the strange art pieces her brother had scattered around the room. "I know he liked 'high culture', but this is just... Weird."

Opening her brother's dresser, Emilia took out Alecti's finest looking suit. The pants were a loose fit, but it was nothing a belt couldn't fix. The shirt, however, was a problem- it wasn't meant for somebody with a chest as large as hers. Emilia struggled for a few moments, trying to get the shirt to button, but it was to no avail. "Gah!" she yelled out loud, ripping the shirt off and throwing it on the floor. "Why does my body have to be so perfect? Will nothing fit?"

Angry, Emilia began to tear through her brother's wardrobe once more. "Stupid Alecti and your stupid sense of fashion!" she thought as she picked up another suit and tossed it to the side. "Don't you have any loose fitting clothes?"

Finally, she found something- an old set of wizard's robes, complete with a pointy hat. Emilia frowned. "Where the fuck did he get these?" she asked nobody in particular. Still, they fit, so Emilia put them on. She looked at herself in the mirror, adjusting her new hat so the brim didn't fall over her eyes. She sighed. "I look fucking stupid." she thought, pouting. "But at least it doesn't smell awful."

"Now," she thought as she walked out of her brothers room. "Let's see if Qiosara came to her senses and prepared a bath. I refuse to sleep in my bed until my hair is clean."

Celegwen

The dragoness huffed, walking back into the throne room. She dropped the book on the ground, which echoed quietly, quickly drawing her sword. It had been a bit too long since she had done her drills, even longer since she actually had an opponent to fight.

She gripped the handle, adjusting once so that her hands were placed properly on the leather. With her left leg placed in front of her, Idryth made a smooth upper swing, bringing her right leg forward at the same rate her sword moved. She turned on the balls of her feet to face the other direction, bringing her sword downward in a diagonal motion.

Continuing the fluid movements, Idryth felt herself instantly relaxing. Violence was the only thing that truly eased her nerves, so humans creating swords was the only thing she found even a little redeemable about them. Despite not having anyone to fight, she enjoyed the feeling of the blade in her hand. Each swing made was followed by a subtle click of her boots that she intentionally made to sound like she was striking armor.

She spun around once, ducking as she swung her sword to make it seem like she had dodged an attacker's blow. It was all in her mind, but she didn't mind pretending until she had an actual fight to participate in.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia found her robe was much more comfortable then the itchy cloak she'd been wearing. It was an odd sensation- having worn rags for the better part of four months made wearing something even as tacky as what she had now outright enjoyable. The former dragoness strode into her throne room, a satisfied smile on her face...

...And then it disappeared as she saw what Qiosara was doing. "There's nobody here to fight." she thought, frowning. "Has she gone mad?"

"Qiosara." Emilia said sharply. "Your behavior is entirely erratic, please settle down. Also, where's my bath?"

Celegwen

Idryth paused, looking over at Emilia. She grinned and shook her head. "This is absolutely not erratic," the dragoness said. "It's called doing practice drills. If I have no one to fight, I create my own opponent. It's simply a way to keep my skills sharp. That way..." She touched the spot Emilia had hit with the wooden sword. "I can fight instead of slap."

She sheathed her sword and folded her arms, returning Emilia's frown. "You look like a witch," she said, not able to hold the frown. "And I told you; I'll not be your fucking maid."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia crossed her arms. "Well, you look like an mental invalid." She huffed impatiently. "You know, I'm a master of the blade and I never danced around like you did. I just read all the manuals."

"Granted, I've never actually dueled anybody- a one-on-one fight is pointlessly impractical when you have an army backing you."

The woman began to tap her foot. "And how, exactly, do you expect me to get clean when nobody will start me a bath? Do you think I know how to do a subordinate's job?"

Celegwen

A smirk crossed Idryth's face when Emilia - despite being said in an insulting way - admitted that she really doesn't know how to do simple tasks. A lot of people didn't know how to fight, so Idryth didn't really hold that over Emilia's head too much - even though she knew Emilia couldn't possibly be a master by only reading. The fact that she really didn't know how to fix a bath for herself... Unbelievable.

"I'm not going to draw a bath for you because, as of right now, I'm not your subordinate." The dragoness huffed. "If you became a 'master of the blade' by reading all the manuals..." Her voice was dripping with sarcasm. "...then I'm sure you can find a book on how to draw a fucking bath."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia clenched her fists. "Insolent bitch!" she thought, grinding her teeth together. "How dare you defy me? I am a Black-Hearth!" The former tyrant took a step forward. "Do you think you can talk back to me in my home?" she asked angrily. "You're mistaken- you can't."

Emilia drew her wooden sword. "Draw your weapon, child. I'll show you what reading manuals for fifteen thousand years can teach you." The human smiled. "And after I beat you, you will draw me a bath."

"I just climbed up a mountain! Why do you have to be so completely insufferable?"

Celegwen

Idryth chuckled breathily, shaking her head. She drew her sword, swinging it twice in her right hand, passing it to her left, then to her right again behind her back. She's exhausted, Idryth thought, looking at Emilia. Reading may give her knowledge, but she said herself that she's never practiced her swordsmanship. She has to be rusty.

"I'm not trying to talk back to you," Idryth said simply, "but you don't know what you're getting yourself into. Reading about duels is one thing, Miss Black-Hearth. My fourteen years of practicing outmatch your thousands of reading about it."

She put her left hand behind her back, turning her body so that her right leg was extended forward. The dragoness raised her sword. "Do your worst."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia relaxed her stance, and scratched the back of her neck with her free hand. "Huh." she said, taking a slight step forward. "That's a rather traditional stance, is it not?" She lowered her hand, tilting her head to the side. "It first became popular about seven hundred years ago. No clue why it-"

In a single, fluid motion, Emilia flung the necklace she'd removed from her neck at Qiosara's face. Taking full advantage her distraction, she would attempt to slam her sword into the dragons side.

Celegwen

Idryth was definitely caught by surprise at the flying necklace. She lost her balance slightly, but recovered just in time to sloppily parry the woman's wooden sword. The force of Emilia's swing was enough to force Idryth's blade against her side, but not quite enough to do any real damage.

The dragoness took a step back, looking at Emilia through narrowed eyes. "You fight dirty," she spat. "You have no honor and would not last a moment in an honest duel." Shaking her head, Idryth took a breath. "I'll not stoop to your level." With that, she would swing towards Emilia's left side - she had no intention of truly striking her, but rather seeing if Emilia would be quick enough.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia ginned wildly- her gambit had worked, and Qiosara was too distracted to effectively block her attack. The human woman laughed. "A fair fight? Life isn't fair. You're only holding yourself back with talk like that."

"Oh my god, I just want to take a bath! Is that really too much to ask?"

Seeing the dragon aim a blow at her side, Emilia immediately lunged forward in an attempt to smash the hilt of her sword into her jaw. 

Celegwen

That blow was one Idryth was easily able to avoid. Emilia definitely had retained a significant amount of knowledge about swordsmanship, but it was different than being taught hands on.

The dragoness leaned downward, dodging the woman's strike and whirling around Emilia's unguarded side. She snatched the dagger from her boot with her free hand and would attempt to deal a minor injury to Emilia's sword arm with an upward slice.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia's second hit didn't connect, Qiosara ducking out of the way and making a counterattack. The woman was barely able to move out of the way in time, the knife clipping her sleeve. Emilia spun to face the dragon, fuming. "I just put that on!" she yelled. "Literally the only thing in my house that fits me, and you rip it?"

Emilia lowered her sword, crossing her arms. "I don't want to fight anymore. Go start a bath."

Celegwen

Idryth stood up straight, practically seeing smoke coming from Emilia's ears. Still the woman insisted on Idryth drawing her a bath. "No," she said simply.

The dragoness sheathed her sword and mimicked Emilia's stance. "And don't be such a child! Your sleeve is barely torn. Besides, you started it." She knew that last comment was being more childish than Emilia was, but it was meant as a slight diss to the woman.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia glared at the dragon, eye twitching. "Insolent brat!" she thought angrily. "Who the fuck are you?"

The woman sighed. "I've been wandering Le'Raana for four months. I have had to sleep on street corners, I've had to beg humans for scraps of food, and I've had to fend off stray dogs. It took me nearly a day to make the climb back up here, and what do I find?" Emilia's eyes narrowed. "I find a thief trying to make away with my possessions. Now, after I so graciously forgive you for your transgressions and welcome you into my home, this is how you treat me?" She tapped her foot impatiently. "Where is your high ground, exactly? What gives you the right to say no to me?"

Celegwen

"Our species," Idryth said flatly. "You may have a dragon's soul, but you are as human as humans come." She rested her hand on the pommel of her sword, frowning. "Of treated you with more respect than any human deserves because I'm goi to watch you reclaim who you were, but that's yet to happen! I'll not stoop to the level of a human's maid."

Idryth took a breath, clenching her jaw. "I'll draw you a bath on one condition... Admit to me that you are now a pathetic worm, spelled with an 'o,' who's equal to the creatures she once despised. Admit that you are incapable of the simplest tasks because you're accustomed to being treated as royalty. And admit that you are absolutely useless without someone to do everything for you. Then, and only then, will I draw you a bath."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Emilia's eyes flashed red. Taking a deep breath, she smiled sweetly at Qiosara- as if the dragon had merely complimented her appearance. "You won't be watching me do anything, actually." she said cheerily. "I'm not so desperate for support that I'll allow one to speak insolence to me." 

Emilia nodded towards the door. "It was a pleasure meeting you Qiosara, but you ought to get home." The human put a finger to her chin. "Your parents might get worried if you stay out too late."

Tags: