Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Etiquette

Started by Anonymous, March 15, 2008, 12:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

When posting in a thread, do you take it in turns or just post whenever you go on?

Anonymous

Well, the way I've normally seen it done, it's done in turns.

For instance:

There are three people in the thread. The one who began it normally goes first, then the second person, and the third, and the process repeats.

In my opinion, it's a bit rude to keep posting different posts up, especially since the other person may not log in as much as you do. (Let's just say that you do post every time you log in.) So when the person gets done with one post, they now have a whole slew they need to answer. And, not only that, it seems to junk up the thread.

If something needs to be added into a post, just edit the post and put a little OOC at the top or bottom that lets the other RPer know what's changed about it so that they can make proper adjustments if need be.

...It's early here (2:21 A.M.), so let me know if that makes sense at all or if I missed anything. ^-^;

Anonymous

With most people its turn based, but that can suck if someone poofed or just doesn't post anymore.

You can ask the person who's taking forever to post if you can just skip them. But yess, usually turn based, but it all depends on who you're writing with, so just ask your writin' partner(s) if its okay to go wild or whatever is it you feel like doing as far as postin' goes!

Anonymous

Sweet guys, thanks for that.