Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Winds of Change [nephero] [M]

Started by GoblinFae, April 22, 2021, 10:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

"++We Taluvans believe in the journey not the distance mattering most. It seems you have much to learn yet, Little Spider,++" the man teased. His smirk deepened as he took Sitkal in. "++You don't always need to behave...just perhaps keep the tiny one away from Enicea. Or perhaps at least until I get back. I'd love to watch them snark it out.++"

He snickered while waiting for Aike but did openly sigh to see their hands wrapped. There was a spring once more in his step as he led them both to another entry point from where they came in. They had nearly made it too before an angry shout of his name had him trying to usher Aike out faster as if he had not heard.

From around the wrong corner popped up Enicea looking very much ready to fight the man who towered over her. Her limp was deeply pronounced but appeared to do nothing to slow her down as the uloifluf meant to support her was hopping and bouncing to keep up on its short, stout legs.

Her neck and chest were red with fury as she stomped closer, cursing a storm in Taluvan even as Enoka attempted to take a half step back and behind Aike as if the Cortlan leader's diplomatic immunity would save his own hide. Enicea paused long enough to silently glare before leaning to the side to glare even more pointedly at Enoka. Glancing at Aike she signed 'thank you,' to them even though her green eyes all but glowed with anger.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

nephero

Aike's eyebrows rocketed upwards in amusement at Enoka's assessment of them. Rather than being insulted at 'having much to learn', Aike simply gave a well-meaning roll of their eyes and shook their head with a smile. Sitkal for his part, looked twice as amused.

"++Keep Rakal away from the Chief's wife. Noted. Would have never guessed.++" Sitkal said even as he waved them off.

Whatever relaxation Aike had achieved since their return to the encampment vanished in an instant. Aike may not have known the words, but they certainly felt the fury in them, and even as Enoka tried to rush them out they found themself standing stock still as Enicea approached. They gave a small squawk as Enoka made to get behind them, looking over their shoulder only to snap their head back forward when Enicea stopped before them.

In the end, all they could reasonably do was raise their hands up to the level of their chest, holding their palms out in the well-understood and universal sign of 'please don't hurt me.'

VIGILANCE WALKING THE TOAST
Characters here!

__guilds, yo__
The Territok Orcs // The Oratok Orcs // Fausteth // The Ashmen

GoblinFae

"Forgive me, Governor," the furious woman signed to Aike, her eyes never once leaving where she was glaring at Enoka behind them. "This bad, bad owl needs a talking to and then to make up for ENDANGERING MY CHILD since we have no funnel here."

From behind Aike, Enoka snorted as he placed his hands on Aike's shoulders and gave a reassuring squeeze before slowly moving out from behind them. "**Lawona is fine.~ She has our best midwife and keeper to look after her.**"

The woman spat and cursed some more in Taluvan at Enoka causing him only to laugh more. "**You will not sleep in my tipi tonight, Enoka!** Governor, good bye," Enicea communicated to them both before stomping off, muttering more angry foul words as she went. Others who had observed the outburst shook themselves as if caught doing something they shouldn't have or shook their heads in disappointment.

"++It seems I will be on nightwatch for you again tonight,++" Enoka quipped as he gently tugged their elbow in an attempt to pull them out of the camp with him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

nephero

The speed in which the woman signed was almost entirely too fast for Aike, and certainly so while Enoka was using them as a shield. Their attention was firmly divided, torn between trying to get the man out from his hiding and not taking their eyes away from the Chief's wife for longer than was absolutely necessary.

It wasn't that Aike was in fear for their life, so much as they very much understood it was in danger.

Still, the situation was not so chaotic that they didn't notice her choice of words.

Hands still up, Aike signed their own calm, looking to the side as Enoka finally moved from his hiding spot. They didn't even get a chance to sign a farewell before Enicea was off again, and the Governor could only take a breath and be grateful that Sitkal would hopefully be managing the peace while they were elsewhere.

"++You are in quite a lot of trouble,++" they said, even as he led them out beyond the markers of the camp, "++I will not be such a good shield when I am safe in my tent and you are not.++"

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__

GoblinFae

"++You would abandon me so readily? What friends we have in Cortlans indeed,++" he jested twisting his wrist for them to see as humor filled his voice. "++She loves her child and has suffered much,++" he continued his voice devoid of any of the previous humor and rather emotionless in comparison. "++It is considered only natural for her to be so angry over one of her remaining owlets to have been threatened. Atsida will soothe her aches. I have nothing to fear and you are not in trouble.++"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

nephero

Aike hummed softly as they worked through their thoughts.

"++Oh, but I think I am in trouble.++" They said, their tone mild as if they were merely commenting on the color of the sky, "++Your Chief's hospitality has been great, but I am very aware of how few truly wish me to be here. Even your babies wish to slay me.++"

They looked to the side to ponder Enoka as they walked together.

"++I wonder what stories of the Funnel makes its way through the mountains, to where a Taluvan mother would know it so well. It makes me wonder what other stores make it to your lands. What stories don't.++"

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__

GoblinFae

"++I imagine they travel as far as the people who tell them do,++" Enoka replied. "++But then what stories of Talu have whispered back in the wind to Cortla? What horrific murderers and kidnappers we are, stealing children from their beds and murdering any adult who steps foot on our lands. Yet somehow you live, and unmurdered by little owlets at that. Owlets who fearlessly warred with a neighboring chieftain as they do their own because they do not know any better or that there is anything wrong with such play. What you see as an attack upon you for being Cortlan, Lawona sees as an attack because you are a warrior and a leader the same as her father. There is not a single child that walks the circle that has not challenged The Great Horned Owl at least once for his chieftain title. Can you truly blame her for being bold enough to be opportunistic?++"

The man laughed softly as he helped Aike to climb up the tall stones near the edge of their mountain. "++You lack perspective Aike Jadon Governor of Cortla. Come see with new eyes.++"

Below them was the encampment with its many fires and moving figures. Families interacted and worked while children ran about tumbling and laughing without a fear in the world. Beyond was open fields of tall grasses crushed by snow as far as the eye could see.

"++They are nothing without community. And the community has suffered in the shadow of this mountain. But are they so different than Cortlans?++"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: