Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When Angels and Demons Collide {Jiaolong}

Started by Lowen Thorn, April 02, 2018, 09:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Damn!

Epirus shielded his eyes the blinding light, temporarily losing control of his whip. The red of eyes faded back to their normal, steely blue as he tried to composure.

He still had his grip on the whip, but the control was not there anymore. He had let it slip off of the Angel's leg, and Daniel was free once again.

"Daniel!" the man yelled. "I won't let you get away from me!"

Jiaolong

Daniel untangled himself from the whip, sliding backwards. He could still see Chorin in the shadows, but the demon was now doubled over, rubbing frantically at his eyes. Perfect.

The angel shot forward, grabbing Chorin by the throat. He gasped in confusion, but despite his momentary loss of sight, it seemed he figured out who was choking him. With inhumans strength, Daniel flung the man against a tree near Epirus's feet.

"Chorin," he said, grabbing the man's throat again, "I thought you would have learned your lesson the first time after I broke your nose. I don't really appreciate you tricking us. Why don't you explain everything?"

Chorin seethed, grabbing at Daniel's sleeves a pushing him backwards.

Lowen Thorn

Through the blinding light, Epirus caught a glimpse of Daniel, though he was not alone. He was with Chorin. Were they planning on fighting him together? No, it looked like they were fighting against each other now.

Something was going on, and he fully intended to find out. With another powerful lash of his arm, the whip wrapped quickly around Chorin's neck, and Epirus pulled him to the ground, away from the Angel.

Jiaolong

Daniel crossed his arms, his yellow eyes now clouded with anger.

Chorin blinked rapidly, his vision coming back. He knew he couldn't get out of Epirus's whip, but perhaps he could make him stall long enough escape. But then there was the angel...

"Why the hesitation, Epirus? Weren't you going to kill him?" The demon sneered, maintaining feigned confidence.

Daniel frowned at Chorin's smug grin. His face seemed healed...did demons heal fast as angels did? Oh, well, the pain he would feel would still be the same. And with that thought, the angel kicked the man's nose again. A satisfying crack rang out, and Chorin shrieked.

"As I recall...you don't like getting your clothing dirty. I would suggest you explain everything—or would you like your shirt to be red?"

The demon seethed. Things were not going as planned. But Epirus still seemed suspicious...

Lowen Thorn

Epirus was tightening the whip's grip on Chorin's neck when his demon brother spoke.

Why the hesitation, Epirus? Weren't you going to kill him?

His eyes narrowed as he everything started to come together. In further frustration, he tightened the grip even more, causing the opposing man to choke and kick the dirt in resistance.

I would suggest you explain everything.

"No need, Daniel," Epirus finally spoke. "Chorin, it appears you lot have learned a new ability. Shapeshifting now, then? Is that something I can do as well?"

Jiaolong

"Hmm...I don't know if you'd be capable enough..." Chorin drawled. His form suddenly began to change into that of a small snake, and he easily got out of Epirus's whip. If snakes could grin, he did before quickly slithering away into the foliage.

Daniel watched the demon go before turning back to Epirus.

"Epirus..."

Lowen Thorn

Epirus watched Chorin slither away with a look of disgust. His instinct told him to follow, to kill Chorin and be done with it, but he had other matters to attend to. Shifting his gaze over to the Angel, he spoke in a soft tone.

"Daniel," he said as his whip transcended back down to its flute form. "I owe you an apology."

Jiaolong

"None of this was your fault," Daniel said. His calm tone his his true feelings of happiness and relief. He didn't know what he would do if Epirus was still angry.

The sun steadily rose above the horizon, casting a yellow glow through the trees. The wound on his head had long since closed up, but the golden blood remained, sparkling in the sunlight.

"I suppose we don't need to look for those souls anymore."

Lowen Thorn

"No. I suppose we don't," he replied wearily. "I don't much see the point anymore."

He took another look around. "Chorin got away," he said, stating the obvious. "And he almost turned me against you. Please accept my apologies.. I was blinded by rage."

Jiaolong

"I accept your apology," Daniel smiled, a hint of humor in his voice.

"I hope Chorin won't bother us again...he seems to have friends all around this area."

Lowen Thorn

Epirus nodded, satisfied enough.

"Chorin has connections everywhere, unfortunately," he said grimly. "But after getting the best of him, I don't fathom he will be returning any time soon. Perhaps we should go into hiding until the time being. I suggest.. hiding in plain sight."

Jiaolong

Daniel nodded. That was an interesting thought.

"There's a land not too far from here...Serendipity, is it? Magic is prevalent among the humans there, so perhaps we will not stand out too much."

Lowen Thorn

Epirus nodded in agreement. "I've been," he replied, "and you are right. That may be the best place for us right now."

With that, the two made the journey to Serendipity, one that was otherwise be a long journey for your typical human, but these unlikely companions were anything but that.

Closed - Story Continued in Serendipity

Tags: