Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All Lit Up (SDB!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, January 07, 2018, 06:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tiffany smiled. He'd long since learned to take questions like this in stride- there was simply no use in getting upset anymore. The pink-haired boy threw up his arms in an exaggerated shrug. "Who knows?" he said dramatically. "There's not a soul alive who can tell!"

"Tiffany's a boy." Randal said nonchalantly, bending over to help pick up the marshmallows. "He's just..." The boy paused. "Pink."

"I do like pink..." Tiffany said wistfully. He gave Randal a big smile. "So, who's your friend? You two look very cute together."

Randal's ears flushed as he glanced at Cass. "It-it's not like that! Girls are gross and have cooties!"

Celegwen

"Nuh-uh!" Cass spat, insulted by the thought. "The only girls who have cooties are the ones who got them from boys!"

She looked Tiffany up and down, not hiding her obvious displeasure. She didn't know why she didn't like him, but she would surely be able to come up with a reason later.

Sneering, Cassiopeia shook her head. "You're name is Tiffany and you're in love with a girl color. Are you sure you're a boy?" The question was pretty innocent, but still was probably blunt enough to be insulting.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tiffany put his hand to his cheek, seemingly unsure of himself. "I... I'm not sure..." he said dramatically, eyes slowly widening. "I was the last time I checked, but..." Tiffany's jaw dropped. "That was only this morning! I need to double check!" Clutching the bag of marshmallows to his chest, he rushed towards the door, only stopping to give a sly wink to Randal before he left.

Randal giggled. "I like Tiffany!" he told Cass, snickering. "He's so funny!"

Celegwen

"He's weird..." Cassiopeia said, partially to herself. "I don't like him..."

Not even a hint of a smile tugged at the girl's lips. In fact, she sported something of a suspicious frown, watching the pink-haired boy retreat from the store.

Cass turned back to Randal with her head tilted slightly to the left. "Why do you think he's funny?" That was something she was still trying to grasp. The kind of humor everyone appreciated was foreign to her, and she was beginning to think the rest of the world was just a bunch of fools.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Ummmm..." Randal gave Cass a funny look, unsure of how to explain Tiffany's joke. "Well, it's like, um, he's being silly? Like, he doesn't really need to check, he's just saying that to be a goof."

Randal paused, scratching the back of his head. "Uh, so..." The boy shifted on his feet slighty. "What kind of jokes do you like?" His ears flushed slightly at this. "Oh gosh, I hope that wasn't rude..."

Celegwen

The girl's eyes lit up. "Well, I like messing with people." She smirked devious. "Like when I gave you chickenpox! That was a joke."

She furrowed her brows briefly, tilting her head to the left. "Why didn't you laugh? Why did Taza get angry, if it was a joke? It was funny."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Randal took a step back, shaking his head. "That wasn't funny." he said, eyes wide. "Funny stuff has iron in it- like sarcasm that you don't need to say." The boy swallowed nervously. "What you did was just mean."

"Stupid! What if she tries it again? Me and my big mouth..."

Celegwen

"Iron?" Cass mused aloud. She snickered condescendingly. "Do you mean 'irony?' Iron is a metal, dumbo." The girl shook her head and folded her arms over her chest. "Besides, it was funny! Maybe you just have a bad sense of humor. Ever think of that? Hmm? No, I didn't think so!"

Stupid Randal and his stupid not funny jokes...

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Taza was right, she's bonkers..."

Randal began to back away, shaking his head slowly. "Ypu know, I've had a lot of fun today..." he said, trying to sound confident. "But y'know, I really need to..."

Randal suddenly dashed out the door, not even bothering to say goodbye. "She's crazy! There's nothing funny about chicken pox!" The boy's legs seemed to barely touch the ground as he ran through the streets, anxiously glancing behind him. "I gotta get back to Taza, like, now!"

Celegwen

Cassiopeia narrowed her eyes, not responding to Randal's hurried lack of a goodbye. She was going to follow, but a different idea sprung to mind. Rude, she thought to herself, taking the candies out of her pocket.

Putting on an innocent look with wide eyes, the girl approached the counter where someone had just emerged. "Excuse me, mister candy shop owner?" She said sweetly with a perfectly faked look of concern towards the door. "That boy who just ran out... His name is Randal. He, um, he tried to take these without paying." Cass reached up and placed the candies on the counter.

He probably won't be back here again, she thought slightly victoriously.

"Please don't be mad at him, mister candy man, but I know that stealing is bad, so I didn't want him to steal from you."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

~Two weeks later~

The Slaughterhouse- a nickname given to the absolute worst neighborhood in Zantaric- was not someplace to get lost in. A lot of things could happen here- simply "going missing" was probably the nicest fate one could come to. 

And yet, despite every warning he'd ever gotten from Taza, the Slaughterhouse is where Randal found himself. He had only taken a few wrong turns! How did he end up here, of all places? 

The sky was beginning to grow dark, which meant that Taza was beginning to grow worried. It was time to find his way home, but how did he get back? Beginning to panic, the boy turned around...

...And stopped dead in his tracks when he saw who had been behind him. "Oh no..."

Celegwen

Well, this is interesting, Cassiopeia thought to herself, peering out from an alleyway. The Slaughterhouse was one place in Zantaric that she frequently visited. It was a strange place to find a child, but the young girl had no fears of being hurt by anyone there.

The Slaughterhouse was the last place she expected to see a kid like Randal! Yet, here he was... being stalked by a thin guy Cass had seen pickpocketing often. She scurried out of the alley, trotting quietly behind the thin man with a poorly placed smirk on her face.

Sticking her finger out, Cass lightly poked the bit of exposed skin between his sleeve and glove, then rocked back on her heel, seeing the man's lungs quickly begin to collapse in on themselves. He gasped for breath, clawing at his throat and face turning blue.

The man dropped to his knees, still suffocating, so Cass could see the boy he had been following. "You don't need to thank me," she said with satisfaction.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"No! Mark!"

Randal, of course, knew who the choking man was. He was a regular at Blue Orchid- even since before Taza ran it. He came in weekly for his fix of opium, and always had funny stories to tell about his various misadventures in the city. Randal had always rather liked him, and seeing Mark like this now was outright traumatizing.

"Hang on, I'll get you help!" Running over to where the Mark was suffocating, Randal outstreched his arm to hold him- but it was to late. With a final gasp, the man collasped on the ground. The boy stood still, staring at the corpse by his feet and blnking tears out of his eyes. "M-Mark...?"

"Mark is dead, and Casseopia killed him. Mark is dead, and Casseopia killed him. Mark is dead, and Casseopia killed him. Mark is dead, and Casseopia killed him. Mark is dead, and Casseopia killed him!"

Still sniffling, Randal slowly looked at the smirking girl. "You... B-word!" he yelled balling his fists in fury. "He was a repeat customer!"

Tags: