Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Know My Target {DragonSong}

Started by Lowen Thorn, April 02, 2018, 08:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Demonologist. Right. He had almost forgot.

He looked the boy up and down, not necessarily impressed with what he saw, or what he felt.

"You're welcome," he said flatly. It seemed like the right thing to say.

Shortly after, he turned to Rory. "Should we meet your parents now?"

DragonSong

"Oh, um, yes. Yes, we probably should." Rory took a breath as she looked up to the manor. She hadn't been home, even for a few days, in nearly three years.

It was...strange, seeing the place now.

Claudius glanced between the two of them, brow furrowed, but if he had any suspicions or trepidation he kept them to himself. "Right then. Shall we?" He extended his arm to his sister with a smile and she took it, offering a small smile of her own in turn. "Mother and Father will be waiting in the parlor," he said as he set off, glancing over his shoulder to keep an eye on Epirus every so often.

Lowen Thorn

Why is that boy looking at me?

Epirus's eyes stayed focus on Claudius as he lead them to what he assumed was the parlor. He kept glancing over his shoulder as if there was something on his face, and for some reason or another the demon did not like it at all.

"Something on my face?" he asked the boy after a few look backs. "I promise I don't bite."

He sighed, but mostly to himself. Should've just kept his mouth shut - he needed to where he was, who he was with, and who he was supposed to be.

DragonSong

Taking the comment as a joke, Claudius chuckled and shook his head. "Forgive me, sir, I am just...surprised. Rory had never had an occasion to bring a guest home before." His expression tightened a bit, some of the light dulling behind his eyes, and he murmured, "Though I do wish it was under better circumstances."

Rory winced, glancing back at Epirus herself. She did hate lying to her family, but what was she supposed to say? That there had been not one but two attacks on her life-- and the perpetrator of the first had saved her from the second? Not to mention they were both demons, and she had somehow got herself wrapped up in a pseudo-contract with the soul piper who'd tried to kill her.

No. No, definitely not. Whatever they ended up thinking of Epirus would be better than that.

Lowen Thorn

The demon-in-disguise let himself calm, and managed a smile. "Me too," he said simply. "But I'm just glad that everyone is safe. We'll figure this out."

Epirus gave Rory a look sidelong, almost as if he was looking for approval.

DragonSong

Rory caught his look and gave him a small, encouraging smile in response.

She didn't have time to offer much else though, as Claudius steered them into the parlor and she found herself suddenly wrapped up into an embrace of silks and saffron.

"Rory, darling!" Her mother squeezed her tight, then stepped back to hold her at arm's length. "Come! Let me get a look at you. Oh it's been so long!"

"Mother," the young Summoner protested, squirming in her grip. She glanced back over her shoulder. "We have a guest," she tried to remind her desperately.

Standing a few paces behind the lady of the house, Lord Theodore Marigold chuckled and offered their daughter's guest a small, almost apologetic smile. "Welcome, sir." He strode forward to grip the younger man's forearm in greeting. "We are pleased to have you."