Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[Moved thread]

Nightcandle
Satanized for your protection
(8/3/04 2:27 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Chasing a fallen star
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Mnemosyne snarled as her feet buckled under her yet again and she fell back on her rear. The impact making the scenery before her flash momentarily. The undine scratched at the ground in spite, growling at its miserable solidity. The ache and dissapointment after each fall was enough to make her consider just living with her strange ailment. It just wasn't fair to go through so many hardships just to be normal. Learning to walk, stealing a sheet to make into a make-shift dress, being on land in general, and the worst of it all being so close to the filthy humans and their ilk. Being torn apart by her sisters for being a weakling seemed more appealing moment by moment.

Tiny moment by tiny moment at least. The same mindset that had her dreading her ordeal promised superiority over her sisters should she conquer her weakness. She would turn her disadvantage in an advantage, just like Grandmother Undyne.

That didn't mean she would enjoy beating it though. Her doll-like features creased into a frown, sparks of stubborn resilience lighting her grey eyes. Walking in the sun made patches of red skin appear on her arms, back, and the part of her breasts she didn't cover with the sheet. It also made her hair, normally slick and unified mass in the sea into a fluffy mass that itched where it touched her shoulders. Once the ache in her butt faded the undine didn't mind the fall as much. At least falling meant that her feet would get a rest. The constant slamming motion necessary to walk ground the color of dust into their soles, along with the sickly shades of bruises and the dark red-black of dried blood from stepping on sharp things or where they were just too worn. Sighing softly, she sat up a little to get a better look at her left foot.  

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/3/04 6:28 pm)
Reply   ~The Haunted - The Hunted~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (Sorry, couldn't help it...I need to do something with him!!)

Rest. Oh, what a sweet, rare thing for this travel wary soul. Boots, once black, were dusted and looking more like the buckskin-brown of his pants which tucked into them. But they were good boots, and had yet to rip or tear no matter what he put the poor things through.
And that was quite alot.

His shirt was still rather white, though dust had again worked it's twisted magick and made it much more brown then it had been. He knew not where his cloak had been lost, and he'd have to find another soon enough.

At the moment, he was propped against a tree, arms crossed, and a light fur draped over him. A head crowned with slightly curly, ebony hair was hung, chin resting on his chest. Arms were crossed, as were his legs at the ankle.
It would appear to all that the man was sleeping and nothing more.
A pack was at his side, as was a short sword, bow, and quiver of arrows.

Nightcandle
(8/5/04 6:27 pm)
Reply | Edit
   When feet sing Swing Low Sweet Chariot...
 ((S'alright, I needed someone to come bother Mnem ^__^))

Her left foot wasn't looking very well at all. She looked at her right one and found it in no better condition. Ugh, even though she was sitting her feet still hurt abysmally. The undine pouted, trying to figure out why her feet would be in such pain. Underwater she could travel twice as far without having to worry about sore arms or legs. Underwater however, she didn't have to walk. No wonder humans were evil...anything that had to suffer walking couldn't turn out any other way.

Mnemosyne, convinced that further walking would aggrivate her foot problems more, sat right where she was and folded her arms. Boredom settled over her about three heartbeats after she decided to sit tight until her feet were better. So, she looked around at the strange land all around her. As she got further from the sea the land changed, it now seemed that she was sitting in one of the great dark masses she'd seen far inland. In a patch of big brown and green plants. They were huge, but the novelty of seeing them quickly wore off, as most other things had for the land-bound undine. She didn't even consider the littler green seaweed-things that grew under the big plants.

What caught her attention was something under one particular big plant, a human - a human man. Her stomach rumbled quite loudly, she ignored it and squinted to get a better look at the man. He was covered with clothing, and looked like he was sleeping. Or dead, her stomach growled again. What interested her the most about him were his feet, he had something on his feet. Some clothing somethings. She wanted a look at them. The undine leaned forward, to use the other mode of transportation one could use on land, crawling.

Crawling was harder wearing the sheet than it had been when she first tryed it. Of course then she hadn't been wearing anything. She kept a steady pace though, despite the fact that the top of the sheet was getting pulled down by her knee's movements. Mnemosyne didn't worry about that, she just wanted a look at the man's feet and she would be gone, no worry that he'd see her almost, well rather now, bared chest and react to it. Stupid humans and their, what were they called again, taboos. When she got to the man's feet she poked one foot, then ran a hand up the side of the boot.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/6/04 6:05 pm)
Reply   `The Haunted - The Hunted`
 (she's a boot fondler!!!)

The soft scuffing of something moving towards the figure did not escape his hearing. He was not quite asleep then, and was fully awake now. Though he kept his eyes carefully closed, judging the distance and speed at which the thing was coming at him.
Not very fast, but fast enough.
Michael mentally noted where his weapons were, and judged how long it would take to grab and use them if need be.

The sound stopped, and Michael knew the creature to be very close, which was confirmed when his foot was poked.
Both deep, forest green eyes opened and peered down at his feet. There was some...thing sitting there, apparently rubbing his boots.
Michael blinked, realizing whatever it was was most definately female.
He took a moment to read her facial ex-pression before speaking.
"Those would be called 'boots', miss."

Nightcandle
(8/8/04 9:19 pm)
Reply | Edit
   O.O
 ((Heh heh, Mnemosyne feared fondler of boots!))

Mnemosyne looked up when she heard the man speak, both grey eyes wide with partial surprise. Had he felt her touch his feet? Were the brown things on them just his feet? Why would someone want to wear clothing on their feet anyway? Boots? Did her mother teach her the wrong human word for feet? Miss... What was with humans and all their special little names.

Why was she still feeling on the man's boot after he was awake?? She took her hands off of him and slid back some, planting her hands on the ground to keep herself sitting up. Her eyes narrowed somewhat and her head tilted up and down, noting how big the man was and that he had weapons at his side. The sight of the weapons silenced her stomach, which was good. On land the humans had the advantage, she would just have to be tricky to survive.

Once she finished sizing him up, she sat thinking. Her eyebrows crossed a little and she mouthed her bottom lip, trying to keep from actually biting it. So far it seemed the human didn't know she was an undine. As long as she kept her pointed teeth and serrated nails hidden he'd see a voloptuous woman in a sheet. A sheet that was still loose around the top, that she neglected to fix because she wasn't used to keeping herself covered.

He spoke and know it was her turn to say something back. He might know something that would help her out... Might as well just cut to the chase. "I need your help," the words left a nasty aftertaste in her mouth. It was for a good end, it was for a good end, it was for a good end....

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/9/04 8:24 pm)
 Michael was quite accostomed to reading the facial ex-pressions of others when they would not speak, and did so unconciously with her. At first was surprise at his speaking to her, then puzzlement, though he knew not why.
Then, to his great and unhidden amusement, she began to size him up openly. He was used to this from would-be opponents, but not from women he hardly knew, unless they were trying to size him up in a totally different way.

The cocked eyebrow and half-formed grin showed his amusement at her antics until at last she spoke and he became serious again. Well, serious for but a moment.
"Rubbing on someone's boot is an awefully odd way to ask for help miss." He responded with a good-natured grin, unable to help his sense of humor when in such a well-rested mood.
"I'll help you if I can. What is it you need?" This part was completely serious, and he looked straight into her eyes the entire time, though the forest green of his was shielded from prodding and one could not discern his inner thoughts.  

Nightcandle
(8/11/04 4:16 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Humans are strange...
 Mnemosyne tilted her head to the side and perked an eyebrow. The humor in his first statement hadn't exactly hit home with her. She hadn't been asking for help then...she didn't even intend for the human to wake up. Asking for his help was a way she could shake the feeling of akwardness that settled over her. She did need help (much as she hated to admit it, even to herself), so it all worked together quite nicely.

She narrowed her eyes slightly at his bold staring, wanting nothing more than to lower her eyes or somehow break contact with them. On the same note, she didn't want to appear weak, so she kept her head on the same level. "I need to find someone, two people actually."

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/11/04 5:42 pm)
 Michael calmly drew his legs close, sitting indian style upon the earth and leaning foward slightly. He was giving his complete attention to her and her request. It would be a welcome break from his ceaseless searching for another person...

"Alright. I happen to spend most of my time tracking, so hopefully I shall be of some service to you. My name is Michael by the way." He responded calmly, now breaking eye contact and brushing some stray ebony hair from his face. He then set to collecting his weapons.
Notedly, he did not ask her name unless she were to give it of her own free will.
"Is there anything you might be able to tell me about or concerning these two people?"

Nightcandle
(8/12/04 7:19 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Subject goes here.
 A human that had experience tracking. Lucky lucky, Mnemosyne smirked a little and leaned toward one of her hands. "One is called Mano and the other is called Annaliese. I know one is a woman, but I'm not sure which."

She toyed with whether she should tell him her name or not. It would help, if he was going to assist her he at least had the right to know what to call her if he needed to. The only thing she worried about was that he might use this to get a favor. She shuddered, many of the legends started something like this. Undine seeks help, human helps enthusiastically, undine gets roped into owing human a greatly unporportionate debt. If only she had the means to look into the future, She would check for a legend about an undine almost begging to be roped in an unfair trade of help with a man. And if there was such a tale she would disembowel herself now and spare herself the ignominy. The only card in her favor was that he might not know exactly what she was. So far she was just a woman, immune to the petty tricks they pulled on water-dwellers. "I am Mnemosyne."

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/15/04 11:33 am)
 Michael mused over the two names offered. Mano, and Annaliese. One was a woman, and the name Annaliese seemed the most feminine, but he could not jump to conclusions. Now, with only names, he'd have to ask just about any person he met along the way if those names sounded familiar. It would be a tedious process, but one that was necissary to get some leads.

Mnemosyne

That was a mouthfull, but it sounded nice if you managed to get your tongue to say it. "Mnemosyne, nice name. Pleasure to meet you." He responded calmly, standing now with all of his things tightly packed away. His deep green gaze was focused on the village not far from their current spot.
"I'm going to have to start asking around in that village there." He pointed to Serendipity. "Perhaps we can get some leads, perhaps not. It tends to be a frustrating process." And one that he had been through so many times it had lost all it's frustration.
His gaze then shifted to her feet, blood and raw as they were.
"Are you going to be able to make it to the village on your own, or would you rather I carried you?" Her feet were not looking so good, and he was unsure of her ability to walk. Really, she shouldn't be moving around on those feet at all.
"I'll have to wrap them when we get to the village..." He mused softly to himself, brow furrowing as he worked it out in his mind.

Edited by: Blue the Traumatized at: 8/17/04 5:41 pm

Nightcandle
(8/17/04 1:39 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Foot strike
 It was about this time that Mnemosyne noticed that the top of her sheet had fallen, she tugged it halfway up her chest and went back to watching Michael, the human. The niceties he tacked onto her name confused her a bit. Was she supposed to have said such things after he said his name? Of course he also asked questions after he said his name. She hadn't asked any questions, maybe he was just trying to prolong the conversation. It was a good guess, good enough for her anyway.

The next thing he said went over her head, she nodded though, not wanting to waste time with any explanations. Leads, she shrugged, if that's what he needed to do to find information then so be it.

She took a quick glance down at her feet when he mentioned her ability to walk. They still hurt, even though she wasn't standing on them. There was probably no way she could stand up and walk again today without dropping from sheer agony...if her lack of balance didn't get her first. "I don't think I can walk anymore," she admitted grudgingly. "You might as well carry me there."

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/17/04 5:49 pm)
 Michael grinned at her grudging response. Seemed she was not too keen on the idea. Still, it was necessary, and now that he thought about it, important as well.
He should wrap those feet of hers first...

"Do not move, I am going to dress your wounds. It will most likely hurt." He warned, now kneeling upon the ground by the torn feet. His pack was set on the earth, and he quickly rummaged through it before withdrawing different items.
One was a long-necked bottle with a rounded base, the others consisting of clean cloth, a small pair of metal prongs, and a small leaf bag tied with thread.
He first poured a bit of the liquid over her feet, which was a mixture to sooth the pain and numb the flesh lightly. He then used the small metal tongs to gently withdraw the bits of rock and debree still lodged in the cuts. Once finished, he again rinsed the soles of her feet with the liquid, then applied some of the salve contained in the little bag. It would help with the healing, and stop the wounds from becoming infected.
The last step was wrapping, which he did swiftly and with well-practiced precision. All was completed in a matter of minutes, with surprisingly gentlness and skill.

He then repacked his equipment and chanced a look at her. "Better?" He asked before smoothly scooping her up and starting off for the village. He had no problem baring her weight, for his body was fit and strong.

Nightcandle
(8/20/04 8:04 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 Mnemosyne did as commanded, glad that her feet were going to be tended to. She grit her teeth as he began pulling bits of stuff from her feet, stopping any groans of pain in her throat, so they came out as odd growling noises. That was the worst part of it though, the cleaning and wrapping didn't sting. She relaxed her jaw, trying to fake being cool about the process.

While he was putting his supplies back she waved her feet back and forth, delighting in the lack of pain from her feet. "Yes," she replied as he picked her up. The undine was lighter than she appeared, since her bones and muscle mass were designed for living in the sea.

As Michael walked she took the oppurtunity to look around, since she didn't have to worry about where her feet were going she might as well find something to occupy her mind.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/21/04 7:48 pm)
 Michael's pace was brisk as he made his way from the outskirts of the town into it's very heart. He would not mind the stares he would receive, walking into a settlement carrying a young woman and all. Things such as that had never really bothered him all that much.

"Why are you looking for these people Mnemosyne?" Any information he could attain would be all the better.

(ugh, suckyyyyyyy...x.x)

Nightcandle
(8/26/04 8:06 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 Mnemosyne began to wave her feet back and forth as Michael walked, their back and forth motion through the air was a little like swimming. She closed her eyes and imagined being back in the sea.

Then came Michael's question. She could answer it just as well with her eyes closed as with them open, and in its own way seemed appropriate. "I hear them when I sleep," she mused as though it was the most natural thing in the world. "I feel tears and hear the sobs of a woman. Sometimes I can hear them speak, and their voices are strange and familiar at the same time. When they're talking they're always calling out to each other."

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(8/28/04 4:37 pm)
 Michael paused for a moment within the village, scanning the buildings. After a brief moment, it seemed he had found what he wished, for he crossed the road and moved toward it.
However, Mnemosyne's answer made him stop yet again.

Eyes of the deep forest glanced down at her questioningly, though her own sight was shut to the world. "You see them in your sleep?" It was an odd aspect. How could he now be sure the two were even real?? Damn, what had he gotten himself into??

Sighing, Michael continued, and swept into a quaint little hotel. He set Mnemosyne down on the counter and requested a room for the night. Receiving the key, his new acquaintance was again picked up and carried forward. Once in the room, Michael took care to set her down on the bed, the key being placed on the bedside table.
"What else do you remember about these dreams? Perhaps their surroundings?" He stood before her as he asked, both arms crossed, and eyes shielded as always. No one was allowed to see into his soul through his deep green eyes.  

Nightcandle
(9/1/04 6:01 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 "Yes," Mnemosyne responded calmly to his outburst about her dream, as though it was the most normal thing in the world.

Once they got into the city Mnemosyne seemed to perk up. Being in a village was a new thing for her. She'd skirted around most she encountered on her way, not wanting to attract any bad attention. Hopefully now that she was with a human there would be no attentions of any kind.

Michael acquiring a key to stay at the hotel amused her to no end. She had no clue why he went into the structure, or what he was doing, so she'd have to guess. He was talking, getting some little object. now they were moving again and going into what seemed like a little cave inside the structure. All that just to get a cave, land dwellers were very complicated beings...

She sat up straighter when he began asking questions. Surroundings? She tilted her head towards the ceiling for a moment before angling it back at him. "They live on the land," she explained. "And I hear them calling to each other, at least I hope that it is Annaliese and Mano calling out to each other and not others calling for them. Even if it is I think I should find Annaliese and Mano before I worry about anyone else in the dream."

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(9/2/04 5:36 pm)
 Michael sighed at her answer. She wasn't giving him much to work with. He couldn't help her if he didn't know where or what he was looking for.
"Mnemosyne," He stated gently, crossing his arms over his chest and watching her closely, "I need more information than that."

This could get difficult...
"I figured they'd be on land somewhere, but that doesn't really narrow it down. Do you remember anything about where they were? Any specific parts of the scenery? Or was it just their voices?"
If it was just their voices...well, he would be of little help then. He could not track someone on something as insubstantial as sound alone, especially if he could not hear it.

Nightcandle
(9/4/04 9:13 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 Mnemosyne sighed loudly and glared at the foot of the bed for a second, snarling a little under her breath. Damn dreams, stupid vague things. If only they didn't have their annoying side effect, then she wouldn't be here and wouldn't be trying to find people she only knew by names and voices.

She looked up at the cave's ceiling and ran all the information around her head. The cave's ceiling distracted her though, the cave's here looked so different then caves underwater, would she even be able to find the words she needed to describe the land? She probably wouldn't need them anyway, the surroundings of her dream weren't very tangible. Hopefully the detail she remembered would be of some use. "The ground was stiff, not like the ground outside but stiff and smooth. Like a rock, a flat rock."

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/6/04 7:10 pm)
 Michael puzzled silently over her response for a moment. A smooth, flat rock? Or perhaps it was not a rock at all...as for smooth and flat, the only thing that readily came to mind was ice.
Damn it all...he was at a loss.
"Well, it isn't quite enough to go off of." He glanced at the darkening sky outside the window. "Let me get a good night's rest to think on it. You should sleep too."

Well, that was that. Hopefully he'd have some ideas in the morning. Opening his traveling pack, Michael withdrew his sleeping furs and spread them out on the hard wood flooring. He'd slept on rock, and on ice before, so this was not the most uncomfortable place he'd slept. Removing his boots, Michael climbed under the main fur and placed both hands behind his head. Staring at the ceiling, he turned over the clues he'd been provided with.
It would be much harder than he had originally thought...

Nightcandle
(10/6/04 7:42 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <-- Mneomosyne
 Mneomosyne propped her chin on the back of her hands and watched Michael set up a sleeping area on the floor. It seemed as though she found the world's only decent human man. The thought amused her.

She waved her bandaged feet back and forth and watched him sleep for a little while. He didn't do anything terribly interesting in his sleep, so she turned on her back and looked at the ceiling. The ceiling was equally as boring and soon she was drifting off to sleep.

Rocks.

Great white and grey rocks. And it's cold!

What is this? Grey sky, grey rock, white rock.

"Little fool"

Wha- !!!

Mneomosyne sat back up in bed and glanced down at Michael. She took one of the fluffy sac things from the bed and dropped it on him.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/6/04 8:04 pm)
 Michael had been in one of the first deep sleeps he had had in awhile. That is, until a pillow suddenly found it's way onto his head.
Sitting bolt upright, Michael had a dagger in his hand and was warily glancing around the room. Who knew where that dagger had come from...he was good at hiding his weapons when he needed to.

Looking up now at Mneomosyne, Michael blinked forest green eyes and quirked an eyebrow at her.
"I suppose that was to get my attention?"
His heart rate was slowly returning to normal...what a scare that was...  

Nightcandle
(10/8/04 4:29 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 That was fast! Mnemosyne flinched a little and eyed the dagger in his hand warily. Maybe throwing that thing at him wasn't a good idea. She grabbed another one and held it on her lap in case. Just in case, yeah, like the soft poofy thing was going to be any help against a dagger. If things got bad she could rely on her-

I suppose that was to get my attention?

What a relief, he wasn't going to attack her for throwing the thing at him. She took a few deep breathes and nodded, making a mental note not to throw things at this human again, ever. "Yeh-yeah, I had a dream. I saw big rock piles, grey rocks with white rocks up at the top. They were all around, biggest things I've ever seen."  

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/8/04 7:58 pm)
 Michael realized he had frightened the girl with his sudden display. Damn it...The dagger slipped back beneath the covers.
"I'm sorry for startling you. Usually when something wakes me up, it's trying to kill me, unfortunately."
And wasn't that the damn truth...

Frowning, Michael pondered the new scrap of evidence. "They sound like mountains to me..." However...it was nothing like his first guess about ice...maybe they were traveling?
"Can you remember anything else?" He asked gently, not wanting to make her feel pressured.
This had to be his weirdest and most difficult job yet...getting clues about a person's where-abouts from the dreams of someone else...

Nightcandle
(10/12/04 12:44 am)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 Mnem ran a hand through her tangled hair when Michael apologized for scaring her. He was one weird, weird human. Though, come to think of it, he may be acting nice because he thought she was a human. Rats, she'd just have to keep up the charade as long as she could. She didn't want to risk him having a sudden personality change now that she saw how quick he was with a weapon.

She watched him analyze the information, perking an eyebrow at the new word 'mountains'. Must have been what the piles of rocks were called. She ran a hand through her hair again when he asked if there was anything else. Well, technically there was, that voice saying 'little fool'. A deep, amused voice, much deeper than she heard on any human. And it scared her. Should she tell him about the voice? How it scared her? Her instincts hollared NO! So she glanced up at the ceiling, pursing her lips a little and trying to decide if the voice was important to figuring the damn dreams out.

Grrrrr-kle

Damn stomach! Her eyes widened and she looked back down at Michael. Looking at him made her nauseous, so she glanced at the floor. And tried to convince herself that the reason her stomach churned looking at him was because he'd make a tough meal. And it was such a cheap excuse that she couldn't believe it.

Blue the Traumatized
SotE addict
(10/12/04 5:46 pm)
 Michael sighed and began to pack up his sleeping things. His mind was now working too intricately for him to sleep any longer this night. Sleep would have to wait. Well...it was good while it lasted.
"Mountains...ice...eh, so many possibilities..." He mumbled to himself, shoving the folded furs back into his pack. Once finished, he sat indian style on the floor and set to some deep pondering.

Then Mnemosyne's stomach growled rather fiercely. Glancing up at her, Michael grinned lightly. "Ah, guess you're hungry."
Standing, he took a moment to stretch before moving over to the door.
"Here, I'll get you something to eat. Lock the door behind me, alright?" As he spoke, he pointed to the lock before stepping out and closing the door behind him. Finding food in the middle of the night probably wouldn't be all that easy, but he'd had to do it before.
Hopefully he'd come up with some answers while he wandered about...

Nightcandle
(10/15/04 10:45 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 She nodded, watched him leave and stared hard at the lock on the door. Walking to that lock and locking the door was so easy... in thought. She sighed, crawled to the edge of the bed and scowled at the ground. The ground in the cave looked a little more forgiving than the ground outside it. Her feet were taken care of, there weren't any stones, there probably wasn't a place left on her tender enough to hurt if she fell again, she could do this.

Mnem extended one foot toward the ground and tapped it gently. The foot was just a little sore, and it didn't linger like before. Feeling bolder, she rested the ball of the foot on the ground and pushed into it like she was going to take a step. The ground was firm, she put her other foot on the ground, rested both flat against it, standing soon after they were both down. She stood straight, no swaying, no disorientation, no collapsing, good. Lifting her head high she took a step, another, another and her leg got tangled in her sheet. She fell and hit the ground hard, the sheet coming undone. For a moment it looked as though she was trying to sleep on the floor as Michael had earlier.

Growling, she pushed the sheet away from her and slowly got back to her feet. Her growls deepened at the soreness in her hands, hip, and knees. The closeness of the lock and her stubbornness brought her to the door, and as she stood there staring at the thing, she realized it was easier to move in general without the sheet. Why did humans wear clothes if they just got in the way of moving?

There had to be something about living on land that made humans crazy. She glared at the lock, wondering just how she was going to work the thing. She poked it, ran her finger around its edges and found one part that gave a little when she touched it. The part was further poked and prodded, until she finally grabbed and turned it. The door clicked. That was probably how to work it.

Smiling smugly, she walked back to the bed, pausing to grab her sheet. Now she just had to fix the thing before Michael got back.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(10/16/04 12:51 pm)
 Michael walked silently, as he had trained himself to do. While he was out hunting for food, he should probably grab some clothes for Mnemosyne as well. A sheet wasn't exactly the best attire to be traveling in. Or..to be wearing at all, really.

Finally coming upon a tavern that was still open, Michael bartered from some slices of beef and a few biscuits. He had water in his pack, so a drink wasn't necissary to obtain.
From there, he spent another good chunk of time hunting for some sort of shop that would be open, and stocked with clothing.
Easier said than done...

Michael had been gone for about a half hour, but he did return with what he had wanted to. Unlocking the door with the key provided by the inn keeper, Michael calmly strode in and shut the door behind him. He held two bags; In one was the food, and in another some simple traveling clothes he hoped would fit Mnemosyne.  

Nightcandle
(10/17/04 9:40 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 Mnemosyne managed to get her sheet wrapped around her before Michael came back into the room. When he came back her eyes were on him, or more specifically the bags. He must have brought a lot of food. A good thing, since she was hungry. Or at least had been hungry until he came into the room again and nausea pressed her empty stomach.

She had to eat the human food though, it'd been too long since she ate anything. There were times she sustained herself on fish when hunting was bad, eating human food wouldn't hurt her any.

Unless it was bewtiched somehow. Her eyes widened for a moment. No, so far Michael seemed to be a pretty nice human, she'd just let him sample the food first. If he didn't eat it, she wouldn't eat it.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(10/18/04 7:09 pm)
 (lol *amused* how come she keeps getting so nauseated when Mike is around?)

Michael set the two bags on the edge of the bed and began to rummage through them. Pulling out the food, he set it out for Mnemosyne, only grabbing a biscuit for himself. Holding it in his mouth for a brief moment, he pulled out the simple traveling clothing.
Removing the biscuit from his lips, he spoke.
"I'm not sure if these will fit you, but they will do better than a sheet."
Grinning mildly, he held them out to her. It was a simple off-white tunic top, and plain brown pants. Comfortable, and able to take the ware and tear of traveling.
Now taking a bite of the biscuit, Michael began to softly pace the room. "There are some boots in there for you as well." He noted, pointing to the sack he had withdrawn the clothing from.

Nightcandle
(10/19/04 10:47 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 ((She usually eats human men, but after having her dreams the thought of eating people grosses her out ^^))

Mneomosyne shifted toward the bags after he set them down to get a good look at what was inside them. She wasted no time grabbing a beef strip after he set out the food, holding onto both ends and tearing a line of meat from it. When Michael spoke she paused and looked up at him. He didn't have more food in his hands, in fact it looked like he brought more sheets for her to wear. Clothes maybe?

She set the beef stick beside her, took the clothes and set them in her lap. One came apart from the other and she picked it up. It was an upper body covering, had to be, it looked like it would be uncomfortable on her lower body. She put the upper body covering back in her lap and undid her sheet, clawing it down to her waist.

Michael mentioning boots drew her attention away from the clothes. Boots? He brought her feet? Could humans change their feet when they got too sore? She'd have to take a look at the feet once she was finished with the clothes and try to figure out a way to wear them without making Michael suspicious. She looked at the bag for a moment before grabbing the upper body covering again.

It had a big hole at one end, a smaller hole on the other and two other holes on each top side. She held the big hole over her head and dropped it, pawing at it once it draped over her. There were other holes, she saw them when it was in her lap. Unless it was a trap! She froze and could see again. Her head went through the top hole, but her arms were still caught inside it. When she checked, the other two holes were still there. She pawed at the covering with one hand, found the hole and slid her arm through it, repeating with the other one.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(10/22/04 8:23 pm)
 (WOAH! O_O *grabs Michael and holds him close* Sheesh, you tell me now!! What an odd thing for someone to eat! Gyah!)

Michael was careful to let Mnemosyne have her privacy, not looking at the bed even once when she began to get dressed. He still paced, but he seemed lost in thought, only munching on the biscuit sparingly. Where to go next...? The mountains would be easier to manage. He didn't particularly fancy the idea of trekking through the icy tundra...the mountains would be chilly enough as it was.

Finally, Michael paused as he noticed some of the spastic movements of his new acquaintance from the corner of his eye. Turning, he noticed she was just getting the shirt on. "Are you having trouble?" He asked gently, not wanting to encroach. However, he had a good hunch she wasn't human (no duh), and was getting the feeling she had never worn clothing like that before. It obviously fit but...she seemed to be a bit confused at times with simple things.
He'd have to keep that in mind, so he could perhaps help her if she needed it.  

Nightcandle
(10/28/04 1:41 am)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 ((Heh heh ^^))

Michael's question made Mnemosyne start. "No, none at all," she blurted, reaching for the other garment. This was the lower body one. Just stick the legs into the big end and pull them on until they couldn't be pulled up anymore. Easy, easier than the upper body garment at least. If she could do this maybe he'd think of some other reason she fumbled with the shirt.

She clawed the sheet away from her waist and legs and rolled slightly on her back, lifted her feet up and aimed for the big hole. She couldn't spend much time positioning them, so she stuck both feet in at the same time. Pulled the at the garment until it wouldn't be pulled anymore, somewhere on her upper thigh, and sat up. There was a good bit of slack where the garment stopped... it must have needed to be pulled more. She kneeled and pulled the top of the garment up to her hips, where it finally refused further pulling and didn't feel slack.

Feeling quite accomplished, Mnemosyne let the lower end of the upper body garment hang over the top of the lower body garment and lied back down on the bed, grabbing the meat strip she put away. She tore another peice off of it and grinned.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(10/30/04 8:43 pm)
 Michael was not convinced, but turned away anyhow. He waited patiently as she struggled with the pants, finishing off the biscuit in the mean time. And he had also decided it was the mountains they would be heading for. Hopefully he'd be able to find some more clues for this odd search.

No longer hearing the ruffling of fabric, Michael warily turned, hoping she was fully dressed. Upon finding she was, he turned to face her fully.
"After you finish eating, I think I know where I want to search first."
He was patient, and would wait until Mnemosyne was completely finished eating before moving for the mountains.

Good thing he didn't know about what his new acquaintance usually ate... (>.<;)

Nightcandle
(11/1/04 11:51 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 Mnemosyne cocked her head to the side, finding it strange that Michael would turn away from her while she was dressing. Didn't all human men like the look of an unclothed woman? This one seemed revulsed by her body. Maybe it was because it had large red patches on it from being out of the water so long. The parts of her that weren't covered by the sheet seemed to redden more and more as she trekked across the land. They also stung irritably, but she was able to bear them considering the pain her feet were in.

"Really?" she tored another strand of beef from the strip and chewed it a little. "Where?"

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/2/04 8:03 pm)
 Those red spots would be, he assumed, sunburns. He had an oinment for that, but he'd have to bring that up later. At the moment, she was asking him a question.
"The mountains. It'll be quite a walk, and I may need to get a horse for you..."
He pondered this a moment, glancing at her feet. Sure, he had wrapped them earlier, but too much walking on them would not do well for the healing.
He doubted she knew how to ride a horse, but perhaps if he set her on it side-saddle she'd do alright and not get sore feet nor sore legs.

Remembering the, what he supposed to be, sunburns, Michael dug around in his pack some.
Pulling out a clear glass bottle filled with some sort of liquid, he approached the bed and inspected the red blotches on her arms.
"If these are sunburns, this ointment should stop them from hurting and keep you from getting any more."
He wasn't sure, however, if she'd let him put the ointment on. So, he waited to make any moves until he was sure if she wouldn't mind him putting the oil on.
"Would you mind if I tried putting some of this ointment on them?"  

Nightcandle
(11/4/04 11:43 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 Mnemosyne nodded. Mountains, horse. The first word was just a noise though; the second one made her think of what humans called sea horses. She wasn't sure one could survive on land, but she'd seen stranger things...

She watched him rummage through his pack, tearing off another strand of beef. Her eyebrow arched when he began looking at her arms. What was he doing now?

Sunburns? She glanced at one arm and then back up at him. His word on what they were was probably better than hers. Though, if the stuff in his bottle would keep her from getting more of them, she wanted it.

"I don't mind," she held one arm toward him, putting the end of beef it's hand held into her mouth.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/7/04 6:19 pm)
 Michael nodded, glad she would allow him to put the ointment on. Popping the cork out of the vile, he poured some of it into his palm. It was thicker than water, with more the consistancy of olive oil or the like.
He then set to gently applying it to the angry, red marks on her arm.
"Let me know if this makes them hurt worse, ok?"

The ointment should make her burns feel slightly tingly, then begin the process of making them feel cool and pain-free. Not to mention, when applied to burn-free skin, it stopped more sunburns from forming for a good bit of the day.

(Icky short...)

Nightcandle
(11/11/04 12:40 am)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 ('tis ok *pats*)

Mnemosyne watched eagerly as Michael poured out some off the stuff and began rubbing it into her arm. She nodded absentmindedly at his question, still looking down at his hands.

Her arms didn't hurt after the stuff was rubbed into them. They felt odd, like little creatures were running across the skin. It didn't last long though, when the creature-running went away the pain in the reddened skin went with it. That was some stuff! She sighed happily as the pain faded and held her other arm out at him.

Blue the Traumatized
Spork Master!!
(11/12/04 6:52 pm)
 Michael grinned mildly as she sighed happily, knowing that the ointment had helped. For a moment there he was a bit worried it might not work on someone who was not human...
Speaking of which...he wondered what she was exactly. He knew better than to prod, but it was a curiousity on his mind none the less.

He quickly started on the other arm as soon as it was held out ot him, rubbing the ointment in gently so as not to aggravate the burns further.
Upon finishing, he returned the cork into the neck of the bottle and stood up straight. "There, that should keep those burns from hurting for at least today. I can always put some more on if they start to hurt again."  

Nightcandle
(11/17/04 11:53 pm)
Reply | Edit
   <- Mnemosyne
 When Michael was finished with her arms Mnemosyne tore another strand of beef from the strip and swallowed it. "Good," she said halfway through the morsel, a genuine grin crossing her lips.

She made short work of the remaining bit of beef and licked a finger. This meat wasn't half bad, it was hardy enough and didn't make her queasy like eating human's sometimes did. She took another strip and began chewing on one end of it.