Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Idyllic Tutor (DragonSong)

Started by Pips, November 01, 2019, 07:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pips

At first, Sainav thought that she was only shy, being a somewhat new student in an unknown place, and that, with some encouragement, she would feel more at ease in classes. Oh, how was he wrong. Her movements, at least from his point of view, conveyed such pure fear that one could bottle and serve it along with some biscuits.

Thankfully, the cook's vague sense of duty kicked in.

Not long after Laeni went through the door, his body sprung from the chair. He said something to the teacher in hushed, rushed words, about her being his tutee and him needing to be excused from class, and left after the fleeing student. Not that it would matter, his grades would be tarnished by this situation anyway.

- Laeni! - a short burst of voice, loud enough for her (and distressed students in classrooms and hallways) to hear even at a distance - You okay?!

DragonSong

She flinched at the sound of her name. Rey, who had gone bounding after her when she fled the classroom, leaned against her legs and purred consolingly.

"I--I'm fine," she lied quickly, quietly, as Sainav approached. "P-Please keep your voice down..." She glanced around nervously. It was embarrassing enough that she'd literally run from her class, they didn't need every neighboring room to hear about it.

Pips

He was mid-sprint, slowing down as he noticed his tutee stopped on her tracks. His voice still boomed across the hallway almost as if magnified by air magic. He was as worried as one could be, and his voice control is loosened in such situations.

- You don't look so - then, a plea for quietude, his words diminishing almost to a whisper - fine to me... What happened? Are you sick?

DragonSong

Laini flinched back again, her shoulders fetching up against the wall behind her. Rey growled low in his throat as he twined around her legs.

"I'm not...sick," she whispered, her eyes fixed on the floor between them. She wrapped her arms tight around her middle. "I don't...I can't do--I just couldn't do it. I'm s-sorry." She set her jaw against a sudden threat of tears.

No no no no no. She would not cry in the middle of the hallway, absolutely not.

Pips

- Then why... - his voice faltered as he finally stopped to look at Laeni.

He stood, silent, his right index finger trembling as the hand of a shy student that knows the answer but doesn't want to overexpose themself. There was probably a minute of silence before he could finally form a proper sentence, his mouth opening and closing without letting a sound go.

- No need to be sorry. It's okay. - his voice was soft but still heavy, more like a whole bed than a pillow. - Do you want to... talk about it?

DragonSong

Her grip on her own arms tightened, knuckles starting to go white. She still couldn't raise her head.

"I..." She licked her lips. "N-not really..." she whispered eventually.

Rey, leaning against her legs, huffed in quiet protest, shooting her a look that practically dripped disapproval.

Pips

It's not like he expected a positive response, but Sainav also didn't have a plan for a negative one. Looking for answers, gaze shifting between the girl, the corridor, the familiar and the girl again, in the silence his mouth enumerated his thoughts, a continuous string of mumbling suggestions, wanting to fix a "problem" he knew nothing about.

- ... not everything can be solved with pastries, but then again there's "Easiness"... - the mumbling stopped, and his expression opened up as if he just had been enlightened with the secret for eternal happiness. His voice raised to intelligible levels, his tone more excited while still worried - The school garden! It's a good place to calm down, it's beautiful, serene, and... - his excitement faded, his mind catching up to his words - Unless you need some time for yourself, of course.

DragonSong

"That...I--"

Rey rumbled low in his chest, pressing more firmly against her legs, and Laeni swayed a bit on the spot. Then she took a breath, closed her eyes, and forced her head up. She was still pale, and the smile she offered was shaky, but it was a smile.

"I think...I think I'd like to go to the garden. Thank you."