Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

__________________QUICK STATS
Name Godfrey
Age 18
Gender male
Species Human
Ethnicity Serenian
[If applicable. Is the character Serenian, Adelan, Connlaothian, Thanati, Essyrni, Yoreiqi, etc?]
Height 5'7
Occupation Farmer (Now adventurer)
Residence The road (or the stables, Inn's and taverns are expensive)
Religon Yalthnea: Goddess of Battle, Fertility, and Growth
__________________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description A stocky lean, peasant stands before you! This individual is around 5'7 in height with pale skin that's lightly tanned, like a hide left out in pleasant weather. His face is rounded with freckles and always seems to have a patch or two of dirt and grass rubbed in somewhere, a face that's used to good cheer with a bright smile, a dimple on the right side of his face. His hair is a dirty blonde and straight, sometimes quite literally, it falls to his shoulders in a mess in no particular style. The bangs non-existent so robin egg blue eyes can look about curiously, they sparkle with green flecks in the sun light.

His build is stocky, the shoulders wide and arms well muscled, like a body used to hard work and manual labor. There are few scars until his hands, large, meaty specimens of hands, small scars little the surface, the nails chipped, cracked and dirty. The palms roughly calloused and just as dirty as the nails.

His clothing consists of a dirt stained cloth shirt, the color faded by the sun. Normally short in sleeves. The pants are leather with patches sewn in to keep it together held up by a rope belt that holds up an old sword sheath. A faded brown travelers cloak sometimes over his shoulder with an old sack bag held together by an abomination of patchwork and leather.

UPDATED 5/29/2022
Has recently acquired some armor. Simple chain mail with a thick belt, a banded round shield, an actual bow with quiver. Leather gloves and armor on his joins with a simple mail coif.

There are more scars on his hands and arms as well.

UPDATED 6/10/2022
Scars have been added, including a slight one on his right cheek. He seems to got more muscly as well. He now as a chest plate to over his chain mail including plates to go over his armor joints. He also has invested in heavy leathers for sneaking about with.

Personality A cheery soul prone to laughter and light-heartedness. He is kind and generous , always looking to see the good in something and keeps good cheer in both in times of sorrow and laughter. He is firm in what he views as good and evil, and stubborn in his beliefs, however, he is curious and open to learning new things that can work to change his in-grained beliefs. This makes him naive to the open world and true evil in seeking to learn and make his mark in the world.

But he's reckless, and once angered, is hard to calm down, making him hot headed. It also does not help that he's quite gullible, quick to trust and is loyal as a farm dog.

UPDATED 6/10/2022
There is a sadness, he's seen the world as something not as bright as what he thought, this in turn has hardened his will and resolve, doubling down on what he thinks is right and what is important. He's gotten better at hiding the sadness and loneliness.

Magic/Abilities None, unless you count his cooking, his mom taught him how to make a mean meat pie.

He knows how to farm, sew, cook, wrestle, a little bit about hunting and how to shoot a bow. A little bit about trading. Add a spice of maybe how to use a sword and 101 hard knocks school of how to throw a punch, and thats about it.

UPDATED: 5/29/2022
Has recently acquired some magical abilities (Gotcha! No magical abilities SUCKA), his sword fighting has gotten better to the point that he's now ok (nothing special yet), has also started to learn how to use a shield. His willpower in face of monstrous horrors and his own mortality has hardened a little bit. His hard knocks style of fighting is starting to become unique as he is without teacher, and is being taught by his own mistakes in combat and his own training sessions (not very good, but has high potential to be good). Overall physical condition has improved in speed, strength, and conditioning due to his daily adventuring an misadventures he has had.

UPDATED 6/10/2022

Still no magic (This isn't true, he is now a Champion of Yalthnea, his strength, speed, and toughness will continue increasing for every deed he commits as long as he keeps doing what he thinks is right and his belief in Yalthnea remains. Whatever power he gets from his goes away soon as he losses faith or he's doing something that he thinks is not right.). He is now quite skilled in his unique form of fighting, not a sword master or master yet, but he is better then your average folk with a weapon. His ability to use a shield is ok as well, his accuracy with a bow is better, about average. His will is rock hard in face of threats. He is unusually strong, fast and tough for a person, nothing supernatural, but abnormal, almost at the peak of human strength, he can move exceedingly fast if needed, and can survive blows that would leave a normal person dead. It is also harder to pierce his skin or batter him. Its like his physical capabilities are improving.

UPDATED 6/10/2022
Relationships His parents: Good folk they are
The local farmer council: Stuffy old folk with wheat stuck in their ears.
The local lord: Just as stuffy as the council...but richer, and ya know, holds our land
Missendria Rakkel: A very pretty city girl, kind in the heart and a good friend...I'm not sure about my feelings for her, but she'll make an excellent traveling companion, I seek her year after year to see if she'll join, one day, I hope she'll say yes.
Luscatella: She died...and its my fault, I hope to redeem this, I made a promise that I would bring her back or find her in the next life to make up for my mistake, she shouldn't of died. I promised to make her the largest, fattest, most successful dragon ever, and I plan to keep it
Jarret: Some random guy dropped my dead's client body at her wedding ceremony, but also saved my life, not sure, we have another assassin to fight anyway
Fae person: Small, thin, needs saving from a demon...hey, that rythmed! Telling the bards that line for later
Axia: Small dragon, hasn't killed me yet...different then Lusca, we'll see in time

History Godfrey, born to a small time rancher and farmer, named after his father. His mother thankfully surviving child birth. He grew up like any other farm boy may grow, helping his father out with animals, plowing fields, letting his skin bake as he harvested wheat, getting in trouble for poaching a deer or two, wrestling in the mud, and the list goes on. However, he took a particular interest in the tales of knights, hero's, and grand tales of people saving the day. Of adventures diving into dark caverns, to fight trolls and other gruesome things to return with treasures. Of fantastical races of mysterious fae, of stout dwarves, and flame-breathing dragons, it fascinated him like nothing else. No wonder, nothing happened in this town, besides the occasionally outhouse prank, drought, wolf attack on the sheep, or council fight.

He wanted to be that hero, to wield that sword, to bring home riches, to meet these fantastical races, maybe learn magic. He couldn't use it, but maybe he could meet a wizard, like in the tales? Maybe even be knighted for his deeds!? Blinded by glory, he saved up to get an old longsword from the local blacksmith at town, stitched himself a backpack, made himself a weeks worth of rations, took himself his old hunting bow with quiver, wrote his family a note. Then left before his father tried to beat some sense into him. He didn't need sense, he needed adventurer! And he was going to get it.

__________________THREAD TRACKER
Current Threads
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26857.new (Country Life)

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26894.new#new (Moss Men, Upset artifacts, Tiny dragons, oh my!)

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26899.new#new (Dreams of Ruins)

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26891.new#new (The Corpse Bride (M))

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26866.0 (Dreams and Demons)

Complete Threads

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26892.new#new (The Promise)

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26888.new#new (Sea Dragons like food)

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26883.new#new (Helping Hands in Prisoner Lands)