Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dreams of Ruins

Started by LostSoul, June 05, 2022, 01:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostSoul

Godfrey just watched in horror as Lusca gave her self once again for his safety. He watched in horror as he was lectured on his heart. He watched as he was teleported back to the cave for Kou to bring back his friend that he swore to save only to be bound again.

He sat there feeling hollowed out, abused, and bullied. He was supposed to know exactly what he wants at all times? Then this wouldn't of happened? What kind of lesson abuses you, makes you sign over your soul by force, then someone else then berates you for not doing good enough? WHAT ELSE IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO! Every single fucking day he gets up to do the best he can to follow his heart, and now its not good enough? WHY! Why is it the more he tries, the more its not enough? If its not enough then whats the fucking point of doing anything and he  should just end it right here right now.

He thought about his sword and stopped himself before his hand even went to reach. He didn't think anyone would forgive him if he took an out like that. He stayed silent as Kou explained how his friend was trapped, though, he could barely hear it from his own frustrations and bitterness. How could he save everyone except for the people who actually matters?

He waited until all was silent before looking up, she looked older and different, look what he's done, he brought her back, in some fucked up soul bound way to some mystical being. This is not what he wanted, sure, she was back...but not back back. She didn't have her free will...

"I'm sorry friend, I'm sorry ya got caught in this mess, I'm sorry ya are bound to him, I'm sorry that I wasn't good enough." he said looking up at her then back down, what else was he supposed to say. At this point, he just wasn't good enough, and if he was, then life was just going to hurt her more...what a trash friend he is, what scum, maybe he's the true evil behind this whole mess.

At least he has a goal of getting her free, and making her the most successful, largest, and fattest dragon around.

Hyacinthus

As Godfrey stood some distance away from Kuo and Lusca, the dragoness couldn't help but flinch; as if some unwarranted, uncomfortable factor invivible to the naked eye had suddenly afflicted her. Her gaze harshened, troubled by this... feeling? But she remained silent, unsure of what to say. She couldn't even put it into words... it was foreign, but so uncomfortably familiar. Kuo watched her reactions, genuinely curious of her existence as a whole— t'was the first time someone had shared in his burden after all— before coming to a sudden realization. He looked back at Godfrey, then to Lusca, and nodded. "I see... yes, I had nearly forgotten. The same happened to me, when I was first bestowed this gift. You can 'see' it now, can't you?" He asked her, eyes shimmering red. Lusca, somewhat surprised, looked to him as if he'd solved the meaning of life... but then nodded, all the same.

"...I..." She began, clenching her hands into fists as if deeply frustrated, only for Kuo to gently Pat her on the shoulder, his knowing smile winning out again. "Come, now; You're my business partner, not my slave. Go to him... do as you please. But be careful— even I sometimes struggle to comprehend what I'm capable of." Kuo warned the dragoness, before stepping away from her. "We'll, friends— I believe our business is concluded for now. I'll be taking me leave— plenty of customers out there who seek what I can provide, after all. Good tidings to you both." Kuo said with a kindly smile, giving a gentlemanly bow before turning and walking away... into the darkness of the ruins. As his figure disappeared into the shadows, so too did his footsteps... leaving Godfrey and Lusca alone.

Lusca watched him leave, her eyes warily monitoring the shadows... and once he was gone, she rushed over to Godfrey and enveloped him in a deep, long hug. Perhaps the fear of her grip still rang in the boy's mind, but this hug was... just right. She held him tight enough to hear her heartbeat, to feel her warmth... and loose enough for him to relax in her arms. Her right hand reached up and gently patted him on the head, running her soft hands through his hair. "I've put you through so much... and you've suffered so much. I don't know where to begin... I know it's selfish to ask, but please... let me do at least this much for you."

Lusca paused, letting Godfrey rest in her arms for a while if he chose, before continuing. "When I... died, I continued to dream. I dreamt I could watch over you... That I could watch your journey, laugh with you, be there for you when you cried... that I could be a friend to you. And I... I felt what you felt. The pin you experienced... the emotions you buried. Axia, Missendria, even... even myself. The pain I caused you, your anger, your frustrations... I could feel it all, through my dream. Even now, I can feel it... I can feel you." Her words, her intonation, her expressions— it was as if she had truly grown, or spent hundreds of thousands of years learning to speak as she now spoke. A far cry from the brash and outlandish, child-like prattling of her younger self. Slowly, carefully, she released Godfrey from her grasp; pulling away to look him in the eye.

"Be happy, Godfrey. For me. I don't want to feel this misery you feel... I don't want anyone to feel the way you feel. I won't ask you to forgive me, or the pain I've caused you... but please forgive yourself. If you really want to do something for me... if we were truly friends... then please... please find happiness." She ended her speech with a single tear, and a smile. An angel's smile, like a powerful illusion brought to reality.

LostSoul

Godfrey sat in his miserable pile of stew for a mind, almost sitting down himself before being suddenly embraced.

And he cried...again, normally, he would be highly embarrassed, and make mental comment about thin-ness, but all he did was cry and lean into it, he really needed a hug, and it had been so long since he had one. He didn't even care if he cried, it just hurt too much to care about his pride anymore.

He was silent before looking up "No, it was my fault, I made mistakes, its not selfish." he tried to reply, but it probably came out blabber like more then word like at this point.

He listened some more, putting his head into her shoulder, he didn't want to look, he just wanted to stay here for a moment. He listened, and it pained him, he didn't know that she watched, the amount of times he cried before bed, the times when he didn't save the person in time, the amount of times he was laughed at for his beliefs. Not even thinking about the times he succeeded, where he smiled, laughed, and had won.

It stung him more that she could feel his emotions on others...and even now, and his own feelings for her. He did care, he cared a lot, he did think her a friend after the moment she died, , but also thought all things would end well, not like this.

His eyes went wide as they were forced to meet hers, still pretty, like dancing lights as he listened. Be happy? Meaning, he did seek his happiness...but was he happy? No, he wasn't in the end he would be...or at least he thought he would be.

He stared, as a friend, this is what he wanted? Happiness, how could he be happy...he wanted to but how? Maybe, instead of trying to save everyone in the entire world...he should focus on what matters, maybe he should create a place, not just for his family and friends, but a big place, a place where people didn't have to live like those he saved, he didn't want that for anyone. A place where he could have his plump wives, a place where he could have his children, and hear the laughter of his friends and family...a safe place. That made him smile.

He smiled lightly before nodding and sniffling "Y-yeah, I-I will try to be happy. For you friend, and one day, I hope you can join me in it." he says going to wipe his tears, he didn't have to save everyone, he was only human, and it felt like a burden off his shoulders, like a realization that he never thought of, with a new goal, a much better one. As hero's aren't out to save the world, just the one's they care for, in searching for their own happiness, not of others.

Hyacinthus

Lusca nodded, happy to see Godfrey smiling again-- even if only for a little while. The rains had fully ceased now, and the two had been graced with a beautiful sunny afternoon-- something Lusca hadn't seen in many days with her own eyes... much less felt with her own body. She couldn't help but feel a rush of joy at the prospect of warming her wings under the sunlight, and feeling the rush of wind of her face as she soared through the skies once more. For now, however, she would settle for knowing she could, once more. That she was here for it... that she lived.

"Thank you, Godfrey... my friend." She managed, the feeling of a great weight lifted from her chest as she at last got to say those words to him, face to face. Her hands left his shoulders, though one lightly touched his face in the process, as she stepped away from him, a content look in her silvery eyes. "I can feel it now... the dreams of so many others, people who call out to Kuo... to me. It's... a bit deafening; I'm not sure how he manages... but I know I must go to them." And with that, she began to walk towards the exit of the ruins, almost as if in a trance. As she passed the young hero-to-be, she gave a final, parting nod. "We'll meet again, Godfrey... I'm sure of it. So long as you continue to dream... I'll be there to watch over you."

And with that, she exited the ruins, and took her first breath of pure, sun-warmed air in a long, long time... Before spreading her wings, and taking to the sky, leaving Godfrey to his many adventures to come.