Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Birthstone

Started by visualspice, July 09, 2022, 08:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Phen smiled, showing a bit more of his teeth.  He had to wonder how much of her prince comment was a jest, or if she had deduced he was of the merchant variety.

He hesitated, not because he considered the bullet between his eyes but because he wasn't certain how long his life span would be shortened if he joined her, .. and he had to figure out what had become of his dog.

Seskah..on the other hand...

"What about my ride? " He wasn't keen on leaving Seskah just any old place. Someone might try to steal her.. these pirates included.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

allthekingsmen

Ember recognized his nice clothes on sight, and after laying her eyes on his seemingly-beloved ride, further cemented his apparent worth if she were to ransom him out to his employer or family, or really anyone who owned his weight in sapphire and mother of pearl jewelry. Perhaps she didn't quite know exactly who he was, or what he truly did, but she knew that, at the very least, he could afford to lose a bit of gold.

"Unless you know a place where they won't raise their eyebrows at a bunch of foreigners and a hostage bringing over a pet to look after for a bit, she can come with us," she shrugged. "We have a couple free pens in our animal hold, and we won't treat her badly. I have a distaste for harming helpless animals."
I'm under 18, but allowed on SotE because I was around before the rule was made. That being said: I won't be participating in mature content RPs for the time being, but I'm super happy to write other stuff!

visualspice

Phen grimaced. He didn't like that he was backed into a corner.
"And ... I have your word you won't harm or steal my dragon bird? "

Seskah perked up, tilting her head and blinking very bird like.

"Although I suppose I haven't got much choice unless I want to be eating bullets." He sighed.
"So.. you atleast buying me dinner first?"
Why did he feel so royally screwed?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

allthekingsmen

"You have my word," Ember confirmed. She hated hurting animals that didn't hurt her, and she didn't have reliable connections to sell this kind of creature, anyway.

She let out a huff of a chuckle, motioning for Sorrel to come forward and bind his wrists together. "You'll have whatever our fine ship chef here is cooking tonight. Don't worry, they're good at their job."

"Spicy fish curry, poached eggs, fresh bread," Sorrel rattled off, stepping closer to Phen with their rope in hand. "If you're fast enough to get any of the bread or eggs, at least. But I'm sure Captain will be kind and save you a serving. Put your hands behind your back neatly, please, and cross one wrist over the other."
I'm under 18, but allowed on SotE because I was around before the rule was made. That being said: I won't be participating in mature content RPs for the time being, but I'm super happy to write other stuff!

visualspice

Phen spared a glance to look out for Ar'ruubis, but the damn dog wasn't in sight. Sighing, he resigned himself to the fate of these pirates, placing cross wrist hands behind his back.

allthekingsmen

Sorrel dutifully bound his wrists together, Kenway lowering his gun after they were done. He came forward and nudged Sorrel away to double-check Phen's bindings, then curtly nodded in satisfaction, moving to stand behind him and hold him by the ropes, ensuring that he couldn't run off.

"Does your dog have a place he'll be taken care of if you're not around?" Ember asked, moving her gaze to the dragon bird instead, casting her gaze upon her critically. "Or should I send someone to look for him?"

visualspice

Pheonix frowned at the question.
"How.. long you planning to detain me?" He knew his dog well enough but,... more than a day would be worrisome to any animal owner.

allthekingsmen

"As long as it takes to get a sizable ransom, or interesting information from you," Ember shrugged with one shoulder. "Or as long as it doesn't get irritating looking after a hostage and his animal companions. Unless the absolute worst case scenario happens—we're forced to leave Essyrn in a haste for any reason—it shouldn't be any longer than a few days to a fortnight, depending on how stubborn you or your family are."

visualspice

Phen gave a smile that was only with his teeth.
"How entrepreneurial of you." His friwn returned as he considered the mess he had gotten himself in.
"Wouldn't it be easier to just... ask for the money..while already out and about? I mean it seems rather wasteful to do all this running around just for little old me."

It was painfully obvious he was biding his time, eyes scanning the area but they were on the less bust side of the docks and Ar'ruubis was still no where to be seen.

Damn dog.

allthekingsmen

"I enjoy stealing with style," Ember said simply, nodding to Kenway to start leading Phen to the ship. "Besides, we have practice with ransoms—it'll be quite efficient, don't you worry."

She cocked her head at the dragon bird as Kenway started to push Phen forward, insistent but not forceful. "Can we trust that your pet won't peck my chef's head open, or will we have to take extra precautions?"

She didn't mind wasting time where they were—it certainly didn't seem like anyone was going to come for him, nor did he appear have any powerful weapons or skills on hand that could have him win a fight against three of them. With two allies with her, she felt far more at ease that whatever came up could be handled.

visualspice

It was times like these he wished he were more powerful than just a merchant prince. Sure, it had its perks, but he felt absolutely useless in this moment.

When they asked about Seskah he perked up, but shook his head.
"If anything, she might steal from him if he has seed or any of her other favorite treats. " He replied,  following with his captors, albeit a bit reluctantly.

allthekingsmen

Sorrel carefully came forward to take the dragon bird by the lead, giving her a ginger nod. "I use 'they' and 'them,'" they corrected briefly, gently tugging her forward. "But thanks for the heads up. Does this beauty have a name?"

Ember moved up front, walking in front of them all to scout what was out there first (nothing out of the ordinary, apparently) before beckoning them to follow her as she stepped out back to the open area. "Do you have any other pets we should know about, or is this it?"

visualspice

Phen raised his brows at Sorrel,not realizing their cook was present.
"Uh.... yeah, she gies by Seskah ."

He then frowned at the she pirate's question.
"No, unfortunately the calvary is all here," he admitted with a sigh, still peering around for the damn dog that had somehow decided now was a good time to vanish. Part of him had to wonder if Ar'ruubis was okay. The dog could be sneaky.. but he wasn't sure he was this sneaky.

allthekingsmen

"Well, Seskah," Sorrel turned back to their new favorite animal, giving her light pats and praise that slowly devolved into something both unintelligible and inaudible.

Kenway just sighed, moving to sling an over-casual arm over Phen's shoulders to guide him that way, instead—far less strange-looking than before, even if his posture was still rather stiff. "Thank fuck. If there were any more barn animals we'd have to gather up, I might as well just kill you and get the hassle over with. Much easier than playing wild goose chase."

"Don't even talk like that," Ember scoffed (even if a tiny twitch of a grin graced her face), looking around for their ship before turning her face back to the pair. "No one's going to kill you. Seriously. At least, not under my nose."

visualspice

Pheonix peered up at Kenway,  who was nearly half a foot taller than he and was getting just a bit too close and cozy.... and threatening .

He smiled hesitantly towards Ember.
"Good to know.." he went on as he followed . "Suppose I'll be sleeping under your nose tonight."

allthekingsmen

"Chained to the armchair in the corner of my cabin with a sack over your head, most likely," Ember mused aloud, returning to her smooth stroll to the ship, the gleaming, terrible, dark hull of the Black Torch seeming to come nearer and nearer. "You'll be given food, though, at the very least. You must be hungry after our scuffle."

Kenway simply kept his gaze stoically forward, though his hand (clearly strong, deft, and calloused from a lifetime of sailing ships, shooting guns, and wrangling runaways) appeared to absentmindedly tap against Phen's clavicle, as if to simply remind him that it was very much there and very capable of hurting him.

visualspice

Phen swallowed.
"Oh,Lovely..."
He regarded the ship as they approached, a massive sea faring vessel the color of night. It was obvious they meant businesses.. or they were a very well paid hoax. He thought better if that.

" But don't make somany extra accommodations on my part. I'd hate to be that inconvenient guest," Phen went on, wistfully.

Something then caught his eye on the way through the maze of docks. He thought better than to look into it. If Ar'ruubis was lurking, it was best the beast remain unknown in the shadows.

allthekingsmen

Ember raised her hand and whistled to a dark figure sitting at the edge of the ship, sipping at a bottle in their hand. Though his messy hair covered his eyes and his posture was low and slouched, she could very clearly tell that it was Haytham, taking a break now that they were properly docked and he no longer had to watch for land. Even from all the way down where she was, she could see his irritated scowl, and she grinned. "Oh, crow! Would you mind coming down here for a minute?"

His steel gray eyes scrutinized the sight below behind the windswept curtain of loose curls over his face, and evidently hated what they saw. "I'm off duty, Cap'n," he shouted, but nevertheless threw his bottle to the side and heavily clambered down the ramp of the ship to meet them there.

"It shouldn't be too much of a trouble to host you, Phen," Ember answered, turning to face him. "I've had quite an array of demanding captives—I mean, visitors; practically the same thing—so I'm sure we can handle you. Unless, of course, there's something extra-special about you that we should know about? You know, anything to make your stay better or shorter."

visualspice

"What ..besides my good looks and charms?" He went on, sarcastic but still playful. Man, weren't things just getting better and better?
"Did I mention I was adopted? Might reduce the value of your goods. Not a true blood relation and all.." he rambled. He doubt it would help him much but hey, it wasn't like he knew what to do. He had never been kidnapped before!

allthekingsmen

"Your good looks would get you somewhere that isn't quite in my field of trade, I'm afraid," Ember hummed, stepping forward to carefully touch his cheek, turning his face to the side to better examine him bit by bit. Even if he was adopted, knowing exactly what and who he might look like would be helpful—perhaps his blood family was some sort of underground crime syndicate that might want him back, or there were whispers that someone with his specific features got adopted by a wealthy family. Any information was good, really.

She snickered. "We'll just have to see how much your adoptive family likes you, then. Or if anyone with lots of gold would care to say that you're their secret blood relative. Anything works, really; if no one reaches out by the time my patience runs thin, I'll take you on a fun trip to foreign waters, how does that sound?"