Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Basking

Started by Anonymous, May 12, 2006, 11:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Both Bon and Jahi grimaced at the sound, and Bon waited a moment before he attempted touching Kydan's wing again. Jahi resumed petting the dragon's head, murmuring soothing words to him, while Bon started smearing herbs and some sort of smashed-up, fruit-smelling goop all around the swollen area where the bone was broken. That done, he proceeded to bandage it as best as he could, more to keep the 'medicine' from wiping away.

Once done, he looked at Kydan, voice still flat. "That stuff will dry in an hour or so and work as a sort of splint until the bone heals. You'll need to move your wing as little as possible."

Jahi gave the boy a fond smile. "Thank you. You wouldn't mind asking some of the girls to bring out food, would you? Poor Kydan hasn't eaten in awhile."

"So I heard. He tried to eat Lord Ruka?" Bon eyed the dragon.

"Something like. Ruka would have given him indigestion, I think," Jahi said lightly, and Bon turned to meander off back towards the temple in search of people to bring food for Kydan.

Jahi looked back at the dragon, coo'ing gently. "How are you feeling?"

Anonymous

"Wonderful...." Kydan groaned, stretching his unhurt wing and giving the damaged one an experimental wiggle. "Thank you healer"
 Kydan gave a small bow of his head before adjusting his position in the sand once more and then laying his head down. "Where is the boy with the food?"

Anonymous

"Give him a minute. Finding enough food to feed a dragon is a bit of a task," Jahi clucked.

It did take a bit, but before long, Bon and a few girls exited the temple nearby with platters of food. There was little meat, but a lot of large, gorgeous-looking fruits and nuts that grew all over their little oasis. Bon stopped in front of the dragon, gestured a bit, and the girls set down the platters within easy reach.

Anonymous

"My thanks Human's... and I believe I owe your master a word of thanks as well" Kydan said slowly as if deep in thought as he said the words.  "Where is dear Ruka?" He asked as he dug into the tender little morsels of meat and munched on the sweet ripe fruit, sticky sweet juices running down the side of his jaw. With a glance at the awestruck girls who had been carrying the platters Kydan looked at Jahi. "What's wrong with them?"

Anonymous

"Lord Ruka is in his chambers," Bon explained levelly. He didn't seem much in awe of the dragon, but then again, he looked like a rather calm person that wasn't easily surprised by much anyway. "He asked not to be disturbed.

Jahi looked back to the girls, who were just watching the dragon eat. "None of us have seen a live dragon before. Only the desert dragons that Lord Ruka kills when they attack the village, but those don't have wings or anything like that."

Anonymous

"Really?" Plopping down on his hindquarters and looking like some sort of monstorous toddler he went back to his food eating with his claws carefully and awkwardly trying to spear fruit on his index talon.

"Well I'd always heard the desert Dragons are a little primitive" He explained, his sharp teeth unaccustomed to fruit he had little bits and pieces stuck inbetween them.  "But Physically I suppose they would be quite an opponent"

Laying down again and moving his head toward Jahi for further scratching he used his tongue to snatch fruit from the neat pile.

Anonymous

"The desert dragons don't talk, either. At least not in any language we can understand," Jahi continued to explain. She cast a glance back to the gawking girls and waved her hand dismissively. "Go on, shoo! Let him eat in peace." Once they'd all skittered off, leaving only Jahi and Bon behind, the dark-haired girl went back to lavishing a bit of petting and scritching on the dragon.

Bon settled down beside the plates of food, hands neatly folded in his lap. "Where did you come from? We get few people passing through this part of the desert."

Anonymous

"Well actually I'm from...." Kydan thought for a moment, memories of home spreading through him like a wave of euphoria. "I'm from the Necromatian Isles"
   Kydan's mind filled with the thoughts of his life on the isles. Amazing thermal updrafts, powerful winds, and all his brothers and sisters. Very warm fuzzy feelings filled his mind as he began to speak of home.
    "I lived on a small island near the western end of the isles with my flock, the place is amazing, water as far as the eye can see, raging winds that come with great storms, and  thermal updrafts that make even the ones here in the desert seem pathetic" Kydan waited expectantly for a reply from the humans.

Anonymous

OOC Poke Poke sorry about the delays and poor quality this ones better!