Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

New Adelan leader-ness!

Started by Rhindeer, June 11, 2006, 01:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Well...since it's been about a year since Talyafera's last been on SotE, I was going to introduce some new characters into Adela to sort of pilot the kingdom from there. The place needs leadership! So, I figured I'd just start leading it. XD If Tal ever does come back (which I hope she does; I miss her <3) she can continue running Adela again, though I'll keep my characters around. ^_^ Anyway, the character that I am bringing in will simply serve as the regent of Adela--the guy that rules in the stead of Akkiel, the king. I was also gonna bring in some servants and stuff to take care of more minor stuff and greet new characters and all that jazz. XD

...And yeah. I realize I did have a character, Lykoth, set up as queen there. But...I hadn't really thought her character out, nor the whole concept, and it turned out that I hated her. I've been thinking a lot more about this, and still am thinking, so...yeah! Time to give it another shot. If anyone would like to help out, participate, etc., you're more than welcome!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Goldie

I'd love to help out!  Just let me know what I can do and I'll create (or change) characters to fit and be there and help this be awesome!!!!  ^_^

and yes....taly needs to come back *sniff*

Anonymous

I think I would like to create an obsequious noble with bad breath, and well...fawn over the queen and maybe play the role of suitor...She is not married, is she?

Anonymous

Tarlaka will stay the commander if she needs too XP I don't think she's leader material... >_> that, and she still needs to spit out the kid she'd been pregnant with for the past... two years.. o___o;;

BUT! To the future ruler person... prepair to have a sarcastic grouch with wings helping you out 8D

Anonymous

ooh! I've been meaning to create a...well a normal character. Nothing evil, nothing with wings....just a run of the mill human. Just tell us what you need and ill fill the role.

Anonymous

Character ideas:
An old nurse
A handmaid
Scheming people
More suitors
genuinely supportive people
not genuinely supportive people

And Rhi, what is the correct procedure for giving a queen terribly written love poems?
I found a poem generator at http://www.links2love.com/poem_generator.htm

Rhindeer

LMFAO! XDD

Well, the leader-person I'm bringing is wasn't going to be a king or queen or even a prince or princess--just a regent, the person that rules the kingdom in the monarch's (Akkiel's) place. XD I was also gonna make him a male, because my last attempt at this was female and...that concept died. >_> Miserably. Then again, I didn't really think it through, but...

All I got on the guy is that he's in his mid twenties or something, more of a spoiled intellectual and less of a fighter. *grinscoughwimpcough* Fighting is what soldiers are for! He has a very small group of personal servants, three women and a man, and he had a kid with one of the women, a five year old boy who he loves dearly! His name is Yuri, and the kid is Nathen. *nods* I'll be using them to wander around Adela and greet new people and stuff. Hehe.

XDD So...well, love notes to a queen wouldn't work, since there's no queen, but one could always send bad love poems to one of his "servants". XD ...If you wanted to send the bad love poems to a girl. Haha. He doesn't really care what his "servants" do, because he's laid back and not a horndog himself, and he doesn't regard himself as being in a relationship with any of them. He's just a guy. They'd all get a kick out of any love poems, though. Especially bad ones from a noble with stinky breath. *grins*

Also, any characters are more than welcome! Adela needs 'em all, and the castle can be so fun if it's active and bustling! Really, anything from nobles to soldiers to guards to soldiers in training to chefs to run-of-the-mill maids and servants is more than welcome, and all those concepts can be really fun! Heck, even princes and princesses are open, though they wouldn't be related to Akkiel (Tal's character and the king, who's currently absent) unless of course you asked her permission. Adela does have one princess currently, though she's being "kidnapped" as we speak, heh heh. Certainly that news will get out soon, and, hey, there'd probably be a search party. So even that is an option. ^_^

So, yes! I'm thinking up lotsa fun plans and stuff that can be done with Adela! Ideas, of course, are welcome. Heck, I've even been thinking of there being a ball--there was one AGES ago, back when SotE was still young, and it was a blast. ^__^ There hasn't been one of those for ages, and it would be a good opportunity to bring a bunch of characters who might not otherwise meet together. It could be a cross-kingdom ball, if Serendipity agreed, and be hosted by Adela or something. A sort of show of good will by the regent, since Serendipity and Adela have always been pretty close, and since both kingdoms now have new leaders, which might be kinda jarring. It's a good way to reestablish trust.

Sadly, I don't think Connlaoth would be invited. XDD

Schemers and supporters alike are AWESOME, by the way!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

I'll note you on taly gold.

And rhi, ill talk to you today about that.

Anonymous

Damn Connlaoth, I always told you that you weren't invited to parties because of your bad manners, now sit up straight and stop poking the mage in the face.

XD

I wanna play, I've been itching to play a more feminine character lately. I know I was planning to do that some time ago, but the character either died, became tough or I never joined her in the first place. Though, I might have more luck by putting a gentile character in a gentile (kinda) setting.

I was initially going to make her a Lady, but I dunno about that now. It might be more interesting to make her more salt of the earth. She could be one of Yuri's personal servants, if you don't have any concepts for them already ^__^

Rhindeer

That would be fine by me, Nighty! I really only have concepts for the guy and one of the women (the mother of his kid; bwaha, I've also been wanting to play a more girly girl, because all my women become tough and kickass >_>) so far. XD So the two other women are totally open. Go for it!

*pokes Connlaoth*

Anonymous

No Connlaoth, don't bite Rhi. Connlaoth!

*Connlaoth bites*

Bad-bad Connlaoth, no more soda-pops for you EVER! E-V-E-R!

What am I ever going to do with that kingdom.... <.<  

Yays! What does Mr. Regent Guy use his posse of servants for? Accounting? Household management? Talking to people he doesn't want to talk to? Shining his shoes? Waxing the cats?

Gah, it would be weird if this character was good at accounting and other evil math needed to run a castle. She would end up being the anti-Nightcandle!

Rhindeer

AHHHH! ;____; But...but...Connlaoth...I'm the one that gave you all the shiny boards... T_T I see how it is now... *sniffle* See if I ever do stuff for you again.

I think Connlaoth needs a spanking, personally.

Mr. Regent uses his posse for waxing the cats, of course! 8D Duh!

...>_>

Household management is one, for sure, because he's not the type that really cares much about that. Organizing the other maids and servants, making sure they're doing what they should be doing; they'd pretty much be in charge of the domestic sphere and any of the little politics that take place down there so he could focus on the bigger stuff. I could also see him using them as a diversion every now and then so he could put off talking to That One Stuffy Noble.

...Also, he'd probably need an accountant, or a secretary, someone to help with all the paperwork and whatnot. It gives him a headache.

Bwahah! Math is the bane of all evils, indeed!

Rhindeer

AHHHH! ;____; But...but...Connlaoth...I'm the one that gave you all the shiny boards... T_T I see how it is now... *sniffle* See if I ever do stuff for you again.

I think Connlaoth needs a spanking, personally.

Mr. Regent uses his posse for waxing the cats, of course! 8D Duh!

...>_>

Household management is one, for sure, because he's not the type that really cares much about that. Organizing the other maids and servants, making sure they're doing what they should be doing; they'd pretty much be in charge of the domestic sphere and any of the little politics that take place down there so he could focus on the bigger stuff. I could also see him using them as a diversion every now and then so he could put off talking to That One Stuffy Noble.

...Also, he'd probably need an accountant, or a secretary, someone to help with all the paperwork and whatnot. It gives him a headache.

Bwahah! Math is the bane of all evils, indeed!

Goldie

AIIIIEEEE!!!  I didn't know that Connlaoth was so ebil!!!!  EBBBIIIILLLL!

haha...maybe that's why I love it so much ^_^  because evil cities...or kingdoms....are the coolest thing on the face of the planet!  HURRAY!  Especially when it trains soldiers to kick ass WITHOUT using magic! bwah!  So much cooler than those other places  >_>

*is not sucking up to the connlaothian gods*

*ahem*

But yes!  I wanna help out Adela!! I already said that before....but...now I'm trying to think of HOW I could possibly help out.....hmmmmm........You guys are all about getting "gentile" and not so "Kick ass" characters...but I think I might want to get something manly on my plate....I have a few....but they always seem to die out....hmmmm.....interesante....perhaps..perhaps....but I need to know how to be manly but not boring...*sigh*  me and my male issues.....I need to find my masculine nature buried somewhere deep under all of this lacey pink stuff....

Rhindeer

XDDD Yeah! Connlaoth doesn't need magic! They kick ass on their own merits! Hah! I oh so love Connlaoth...

ANYWAY!

Nah, Adela needs to get all kick butt, too! I always imagined it as a more warrior kingdom type place (which is what will be a challenge for the new leader...uh...maybe I shouldn't make him so battle-inept, I just remembered HOW warrior kingdom RAWR Adela is. XDD It's been a while since I've played there!). But when it comes to Serendipity? They wanna keep on good terms, I believe. I remember Tal was going to build Adela up into more of a powerhouse, so that would definitely be one of the focuses of the kingdom.

Kickass masculine characters are welcome! *bops Goldy* Manly man doesn't need to mean boring, silleh! Hehehe! And you can help in any way you like! Really, if you have a concept...go for it! But if you need help, I can try and come up with some ideas. ^_^

Anonymous

I wanna do something! I'm good with any of the requested characters in the thread so far, just tell me which ones we need the most and I can go make one...

Rhindeer

Yay! XD I'm so glad this is getting such a big response! You guys are awesome!

Anyway! Let's see...I'd say that we especially need more nobles and soldiers/soldiers-in-training the most! We don't have many of either, so those would be awesome! Especially soldiers/soldiers-in-training. Get Adela all pumped up, yeah!

Also the other posse servant girl is open. But I'm sure if more people wanted to play those, I'd certainly have no problem with there being more.

Goldie

LOL!

I wasn't saying that all manly men were boring!  I was just saying that I can't seem to find the happy medium and skill to make MY manly men not boring!  XDD

hmmm....I think I want to play a noble though....OH! oh hohohohohoho!  hahahahaha......I could bring Vaenain in XDDD he's already a noble of adela and I can just transplant him into the castle....oh man...I think you'll all shoot me though XDDD

Rhindeer

OH GAWD I LOVE VAENAIN!!!

Bring him in, man! XDD!!! That would be so funny and I'd love you long time! *dies*

Goldie

hahahahahahaahHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It'll be fun to have an actual stuck up noble around won't it XDDDD?  Considering most people who play nobles play them as the nice nobles....this will be fun....a vain, womanizing noble with power over illusions XD

holy crap...he's going to cause mass mayhem....