Heat, Ponder, Training [moved]

Started by Anonymous, January 18, 2005, 08:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tobrecan and Eirene
Unregistered User
(12/11/03 1:03 pm)
----------------------------------------
Placing his sword tip on the hard earth, the man leaned against the fence, taking a swig from his water bottle before dumping all of its contents over his head, the cool water relieving the heat from his bare chest and head for the moment. The sun was beating down upon his head relentlessly, but that wouldn't stop him. Hell, if a little heat would be a hindrance in his training, then he would never be able to achieve his goal.

"That's not very smart." a warm, musical voice said from behind him. Turning, he saw Eirene, giving her a rare smile which he reserved for her alone, his younger sister.

"And what isn't smart?" he asked her, picking up the blade again, and doing a few steps, the metal racing through the air, the sun causing the blade to look like a sword of flame.

"Dumping all of your water on your head, silly!" she told him, handing out another canteen to replace the one he had emptied, "You'll dehydrate and then where will that leave you? I certainly can't carry you back inside!" He shook his head.

"Speaking of inside, you shouldn't be out here when it's so hot. You could have another one of your spells."

"I'm not doing anything that would cause one." she pointed out, "When I start to run around, then you can start telling me I'll have a spell. And they're not that bad anyway, the doctor even said they're getting better. You shouldn't worry so much, Tobre!" She watched as he began to make the sword dance, the sun gleaming on the blade. He had been working hard with his training, and she could see the fruits of his labor, he really had improved immensely over the years...which meant that he too would be leaving soon.

Kacy
Unregistered User
(12/18/03 10:12 pm)
Orders: Take out The Shinigami...
A beam of light shoots up from the ground. The beam widens into a rectangular doorway of light. A young lady steps forth from the glow. Her jet black tail that matched her hair sways gently as she walks forward and views her surroundings, scanning the area progressively. Her tail is both cat-like and monkey-like, covered with soft fur. Her deep violet eyes come upon a boy and a young girl. A metal plate stretches behind her head, to the back of each ear, sleek in design. Her clothes, uniform-like and almost colorless, cover her feminine figure. The look in her eyes is sweet, yet covered by straight forward glare. From behind her follows a large black, hovering Drone with gun-arms and fold-over engines on each arm with a pod-like casing surrounding the central core. The Drone sensor moves in the direction she is looking proceeded by the rotation of its body. ‘The Shinigami â€"is- here, but I cannot find his Energy Signature.’ She thinks to herself as she stares up and down the boy, not saying a word. Her face stays straight, yet fatigue can be seen within her.

Tobrecan and Eirene
Unregistered User
(12/19/03 9:04 pm)
What the....?
About to stop his sword play and insist that Eirene at least go and wear a hat to divert the relentlessly shining sun, a large ray of light sliced through his practice ground. Grabbing the sword in his hands, Tobrecan instinctively pushes his sister behind him, holding the sword out, the blade flashing menacingly as he diverted his eyes from the light, making sure that Eirene was not seeing the full brilliance of it.

He felt anger welling inside of him as he realized what was happening. Magic, it was here, it was happening, it was endangering everything that he thought to be just and fair. His hand tightened on the blade as the light faded, revealing a woman...but it wasn't a woman....if was some magical freak! oh, she would pay for stepping into their midst, in the one place he had thought safe from any magical torment.

Eirene gasped, her heart racing in her chest, a cold sweat forming on her brow. Oh gods, it had startled her...she could feel her heart laboring in her chest, each beat felt like a leaded weight in her chest.

Clutching her heart, she gasped, trying to ignore the shoot pains that raced with each thump of her heart. She barely even noticed the flaring light fade, her eyes squeezed shut against the pain. It was worse this time...much worse...from the shock, it had been so long since she had last had such a shock as this....oh gods...oh gods....

Tobrecan felt Eirene's form collapse behind him, and immediately diverted his attention to his little sister. Her breathing was labored, and her pulse was racing, the vein in her neck sticking out of her skin from the stress, her face pallid and covered with a cold sweat.

Placing a cool hand on her brow, he reaching into the small bag she carried around her waist, pulling out a small bottle, and pulling out one of the small white pills and placing it in her mouth, watching her anxiously.

Oh she would pay...that woman, for doing this to Eirene, oh would that magic user pay!

Kacy
Unregistered User
(12/20/03 12:48 am)
Concern...
The doorway of light dissipates back from whence it came. Suddenly, her stare moves its attention to the girl. Reading the girl’s life signs, she assumes she has put her in shock because of the sudden appearance. She watches as the girl worsens and collapses. She starts walking toward the two, expressionless but still caring. “Is she alright?? May I be of any assistance?� She asks quietly and politely, standing behind the boy. The Drone floats away from the girl to be unseen, following her mental command. She awaits the boy’s answer, patiently. She will not interfere in this dire situation unless given the chance.

Tobrecan and Eirene
Unregistered User
(12/20/03 7:11 am)
You are gonna die....GRRRG!
Slowly the medication began to do its work and Eirene's breathing became natural again, her heart returned to its normal pace and her limbs relaxed so it looked as if she were merely sleeping.

With a sigh of relief, he gently lifted her limp form into his hands and moved her underneath the tree, resting her against the ancient bark before turning back to the unwanted visitor, dark amber eyes flashing with anger. Pulling his sword out in front of him, he started foreword.

"You aren't welcome here." he told her, his voice barely a whisper, "Because of your magic Eirene nearly died. We want no evil here in Connloath." The heart of all evil, magic was the epitome of darkness itself.

With a cry, he raised the sword and raced toward her, bringing the shining blade down in a graceful ark, aiming for her head.

Kacy
Unregistered User
(12/20/03 9:56 am)
Self defense...
She calmed a little as the girl relaxed. She stands there, watching, as the boy moves her safely to a tree. She notices his angered glare as he draws his sword at her. “I see…� She responds to threatening statement as he barrels toward her. She stands there, unfazed by his movement. Seeing him come closer and closer, she remains still. As he brings his sword down upon her head, her arm rises across her face at the last second, taking the blow of his attack. The sword slams into the middle of her forearm with a clash of metal hitting metal as it slice clean through her skin and scrapes the -bone-. With a swift counter, she grabs his wrist and gracefully flips him over with his own moving force, landing him on his back. As he look up, his own sword lie at his throat by the so called woman. As he holds him by his own sword, blood drains down her arm, soaking her cut sleeve. It continues to her hand, running through her fingers and down the blade. She stares at him again as he lie there. “I do not use magic.� She replies softly as her wounded arm does not waver.

Tobrecan and Eirene
Unregistered User
(12/21/03 11:42 am)
stupid subject line, this is me biting you *chomp*
In less than a second he had his breath back, but there was nothing he could do, his own sword was at his throat...gods...he had underestimated her power...magic...it must be completely evil, that was the only reason she had been able to surprise him like that.

He sneered up at her, his hands clenching into fists by her side, "Go ahead, kill me." he coaxed her, "That's what you barbarians do, isn't it? Kill for pleasure using the power you get from the heart of all evil." If he had been standing, he would have spat at her feet, but the blade against his neck kept him from doing anything more than breathe.

Eirene slowly opened her eyes, wincing against the dull ache in her chest. Clutching onto the tree trunk, she slowly lifted herself from the ground, looking around her until she saw Tobrecan, pinned underneath his own blade.

She clutched her heart as tears filled her eyes, "Stop it...." she whispered weakly, "Stop it!" her next words were more forceful, her shoulders shaking as tears slowly fell down her pale cheeks. "let him be."

Kacy
Unregistered User
(12/21/03 12:22 pm)
Don't be like that...
She sighs at his â€"heart warming- words. “I do not wish to kill you. It is you who assaulted me on assumption.â€? Sh replies sharp, but calm. Hearing the girl’s sudden words, she withdraws the sword. She glances over at her under the tree. Returning her attention to the boy, she flips the handle end toward him, still covered with her blood. She holds the blade in her hand, offering his weapon back to him.

“I am â€"not- a barbarian. What have I done that proves me a barbarian? Defending myself against you as you rush head first into an attack against me?â€? She retorts, trying to keep calm. A tear slides down her face as she tries to stay expressionless.

Tobrecan and Eirene
Unregistered User
(12/23/03 11:50 am)
pfft, I still hate you :P
He glared at her and took the hilt of the sword, making a point to pull it swiftly from her hand in the attempt to slice it. She could not lie to him, he had seen her using magic plain as day, nothing she said could counter what he saw.

About to take another swing, Eirene's feeble cry reached his ears, and he let his hands fall to his side, glaring furiously at the woman as he started over to where his sister was struggling to stand.

"Don't fight...please." she told him softly, accepting the steadying hand he looped around her shoulders, keeping her from falling, her one hand still clutching her heart.

"But she uses magic." he retorted venomously, "And therefore should be purge from this land."

"No...let her be...please...just...don't fight..." she paused and looked up into his eyes, her own tearful but not from her trials, "The world would be so much better if we all just learned to accept, like Teague did." at the mention of their brothers name, Tobrecan's eyes flashed dangerously.

"He's a traitor to our lands." he said with finality, and Eirene knew better than to argue. Tobre had been so hurt when their older brother had left...was this his way of mending the hole that had formed? By destroying all that had taken him from them?

"I want you to leave." he told the woman, "Now."

Kacy
Unregistered User
(12/23/03 4:30 pm)
Why can't you be the slightest bit nice?...
She looks down at her newly sliced hand, watching the blood fill the cut and pour down her palm. Her tail sways back and forth as she stands there. She ignores his attempt at another attack which the girl had just interrupted.

She listens to their quarrel with exceptional hearing, still staring at her palm. Bu now, the wound on her arm was sealed, as her hand begins to sew its wound, leaving nothing but a scar which will fade eventually.

“As you wish.� She replies kindly. “I have no reason to stay…� She turns away from the two as the drone heads back toward her.

Tobrecan and Eirene
Unregistered User
(1/8/04 2:24 pm)
WEEEEE! I'm back! Sorry for the delay!
Tobrecan watched her turn, eyes watching her grimly as he kept his arm firmly around his younger sisters shoulders. He would let nothing happen to her, not as long as he lived. He would protect her from the vile stuff that was magic, the evils of the world.

"No, you don't have to leave." Eirene told the woman, shocking her brother, feeling his body stiffen from under her leaning form, "And do not say no, Tobre." she told him, amber eyes looking up at him, "She is a guest, and should be treated thus. If she says that she is not a magic user, then what choice do we have but to believe her?"

Tobrecan sighed as he looked down at his 15 year old sibling, so much younger than he, and yet it seemed that her eyes shown with a wiseness that he would never have. And as much as he wanted to refuse her, something about her made him agree with what she said, "Very well....but this does not mean I believe her, and I will watch. If I see any magic she will have to leave."

Eirene sighed, he would never see. People were people, whether they had magic or were born without it. She saw no evil in such things, merely in the way that the strange powers were used. Tobrecan would not....could not see this, although she had tried many times to tell him her thoughts. Teague had understood...he had thought the same way.....

Kacy
Unregistered User
(1/9/04 12:21 am)
Kindness...
She stops and looks back at the young girl as the drone continued toward her. “But it would seem that I would cause disputes between the both of you. I do not wish to cause trouble with my appearance.� She replies softly to the girl.

The drone reaches her and awaits a command. “I do not have a place to go here. And I do not want to intrude if it will upset you.� She states, looking over at the boy.

“But as I said before, I do not use magic. I realize that some of my -abilities- may seem like -magic-, but I will try to keep them at a minimal for her sake.� She continues kindly.

Tobrecan and Eirene
Unregistered User
(1/9/04 12:30 pm)
*grin*
Eirene smiled kindly toward the woman, "That is very thoughtful of you, but it was not what I saw that caused the...the problem, but rather the fact that I was not expecting it, so more or less the shock of a blinding light suddenly appearing in the middle of our back yard." She smiled again, wishing that Tobrecan would relax, but knowing her wishes would go ungranted.

"You may stay." he told her, "But only because my sister does not wish to send you away, but do not think that this is the end of our argument. If I sense any magic coming from you --"

"Tobre, where are your manners? She said that she did not use magic! Put some trust into your neighbors for once!" Pulling away from his arm, Eirene shakily walked foreword and extended her hand toward the woman.

"I am Eirene, and this is my brother Tobrecan. I apologize for his behavior, and I ask you not to hold it against him....it's just....most people in this village believe the same way." She smiled, "I hope you like it here."

Kacy
Unregistered User
(1/9/04 10:00 pm)
Nice to meet you...
She sighed at the boy’s rude and stubborn attitude as his sister defended her.

She watched as the girl came toward her and introduced herself. She smiles slightly at her kindness and extended her hand as well.

“Nice to meet you, Eirene. I am Kacy.� She responded politely as she shook the girl’s hand. “And I will try to stay on my best behavior for your brother.� She added kindly toward the innocent young girl.

Tobrecan and Eirene
Unregistered User
(1/10/04 11:14 am)
mwahaha
Eirene smiled, her entire face lighting up as her amber eyes danced, the sunlight playing off of her snow blonde hair. She already felt a kinda of kindred to Kacy...something about her seemed to radiate a kind of outward trust.

"I have no doubt of that!" she added with a small laugh, "I just pray that Tobre will be able to be polite and stay on his best behavior toward you." she shot her brother a warning glance, "You don't have to stand there like a rock all day, Tobre." she told him, "I am quite capable of looking after myself, and if you have a fear that Kacy might somehow hurt me, you should start worrying about something else because nothing is going to happen."

His eyes flashed with anger as he stormed passed his sister, grabbing his blade from the ground and pointing it sharply at Kacy, "I'm watching you." he told her, his words dripping with hatred as he walked toward the house, disappearing into it with the slam of the wooden door.

Eirene sighed and shook her head, "I am terribly sorry about him." she told her new friend, "He usually is not this bad....I hope you don't hold it against him."

Kacy
Unregistered User
(1/10/04 9:43 pm)
I'm sorry...
Kacy gave more of a smile this time at Eirene. She felt a little embarrassed as Eirene fended off her own brother just for her sake.

Kacy sighed once more at the sword put in her face and watched him storm inside. She looked back at Eirene and frowned a little. “I really do not want to anger him further.� She said softly.

She reached behind her head and put her hand over the metal plate. A click was heard as it slid off painlessly. “This will help a little.� She added as she held it out for Eirene to see. “This gives me most of my powers.� She explained simply.

The drone then went off and hid somewhere discreetly.

“Here, I’ll walk you inside.� Kacy then held Eirene’s hand gently and headed toward their back door.

BizRboy
SotE RPGer ^_^
(1/11/04 7:24 am)
Re: Watching
Sitting in the tree of the backyard, 16 year old Kameron smirked at the hostile attidue. He laughed as the boy stomped into the house before grabbing the branch on which he sat with both hands and swinging down with grace. He landed on both feet and looked at the two girls as they walked towards the door.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(1/11/04 9:32 am)
hello hello there!
Eirene laughed as Kacy took her hand, and gently shook her off, her smile lighting up her entire face, "You don't have to worry yourself over me that much." she said with mirth radiating from her entire being, "I can walk into my house, the spell has passed."

Her keen ears heard the soft crunch of the ground from behind Kacy and herself, and she turned around slowly to see who was there, and smile still on her pale features.

"Hello there!" she said, "You don't have to worry about an attack or anything, I don't think I'd be able to do much damage. Come and join us!" she pushed her snow blonde hair behind her ears, amber eyes watching him.

BizRboy
SotE RPGer ^_^
(1/11/04 11:35 am)
Re: hello hello there!
Kameron smirked as he walked toward Eirene and Kacey from under the tree. He stopped in front of them and turned toward Eirene.
"I ain't afraid of an attack. It's not like I can't look out for myself."
He ran his hand thru his wavy black hair, brushing his uneven bangs out of his green eyes as he stared at the two.
"Seems like your bro has an attitude problem. What's up with him?" Distracted by another thought he turns toward Kacey. "That was pretty cool how you just healed up your wounds, can you tell me how you did it? Or teach me? I'm getting hurt all the time..I'm a accident waiting to happen, I can help it." Smiles innocently and opens his hand showing a cut from the branch stretched across his palm.

Kacy
Unregistered User
(1/11/04 6:42 pm)
Hi...
Kacy too, felt the presence of someone behind them. She turned as well to see a boy under the tree, listening to Eirene’s soft words.

She watched the boy as he came nearer and stopped before them. She smirked slightly at his first response, not trying to be rude or anything. She listened as the boy directed his attention toward her and spoke.

“Uhm, it is not something I can -teach-, but sure, I can tell you how I did it.� She said kindly with a small smile.

Kacy then pricked her finger on a sharp point on the metal plate she held and rubbed it along his cut, letting the nanites in her blood seep into his wound.

BizRboy
SotE RPGer ^_^
(1/11/04 7:25 pm)
Re: Hi...
Winced at the site of her pricking her own finger but watched curiously as she traced his cut with her blood. He pondered the reaction his wound would have now that it was mixed with the strange blood.

Gold
SotE addict
(1/12/04 1:22 pm)
<----Eirene
Eirene watched it all in silence, quite intrigued by what she saw. Kacy truly was an interesting creature...for surely she was not completely human, but something beyond her understanding.

Glancing over her shoulder, the girl prayed that Tobre would not see what was taking place, afraid at what her older brother might do. She knew that if he thought he saw anymore magic that Kacy would be on her way, and from the way the battle had started before, Tobre would be in sorry shape. I just hope it doesn't come to that she thought silently, turning her attention back to the boy and Kacy.

"So...what does it do?" she asked softly, watching it all take place.

Kacy
Unregistered User
(1/12/04 10:25 pm)
How should I say this...
As soon as Kacy finished lining the boy’s wound, it seemed to pull itself shut as it was being sewn microscopically. The wound then began to fade as her finger healed as well.

“Well, you see…there are tiny little machines that flow trough my blood. My body generates them. They stop infection and immediately seal and repair any injuries. And by letting my blood in contact with his wound, they entered his blood and repaired his cut. Do not worry; they will dissolve into his bloodstream harmlessly.� She tried to explain, not sure if she would be understood.

She kept a smile as she enlightened the kids, awaiting any unusual questions if any.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(1/16/04 11:44 am)
*whistle*
Her eyes widened as she saw the wound heal itself, and a sudden sense of dread swept over her as she glanced back at the house, breathing again when she did not see Tobrecan in any of the windows, or watching what was taking place. She did not want Kacy to feel threatened, or as if she were in a place that she wasn't wanted, even if it were somewhat true...

"That's amazing." she breathed, "And you say that it is not magic? But technology?"

BizRboy
SotE RPGer ^_^
(1/16/04 2:15 pm)
Awesome!
Holds his hand up to his face staring for any type of scar. "you mean you put tiny robots inside my skin? Cool!"
Looks at Kacy, listening to her ask the question. She looked nervous for a reason he couldn't understand

Kacy
Unregistered User
(1/16/04 9:32 pm)
*sighs*...
Kacy noticed Eirene’s concern as she checked the house for her brother. She began to feel awkward as Eirene worried. She hid her discomfort and tried to ignore it.

She then nodded at Eirene’s deduction and couldn’t help but giggle slightly at the boy’s comment, trying to keep a cheerful face.

BizRboy
SotE RPGer ^_^
(1/18/04 6:03 am)
Re: *sighs*...
"What's up with your bro. why he is so anal about magic?"
Kameron looked at the house too, then back to Eirene.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(1/18/04 3:12 pm)
hmmm?
She glanced up at him, surprise shining in her amber eyes, "Why? Well...it seems that most people in Connlaoth are...Tobrecan...well...he just takes things so seriously, and only wants what's best for everyone. Actually...I'm quite surprised that no one else came and attacked when Kacy showed up." she smiled at the woman, "Well...you did have quite a flashy entrance. Most people in Connlaoth view magic as the source of all evil...I personally think it's fascinating...but don't tell my brother that! He thinks me mad as it is!"

Kacy
Unregistered User
(1/25/04 10:32 pm)
Heh...
Kacy smiled timidly back at Eirene. “Believe me. I do not like how flashy it is either.�

“But, yes, this -magic- is something new to me as well. Someone used this -magic- to come here. They have something that does not belong to them. So I was sent to retrieve it.� She added in a soft tone of voice.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(1/27/04 3:44 pm)
hmm....
Her heart pounded in her chest, "Here? As in...in Connlaoth?" she asked, unable to hide the quiver in her voice. Although she might accept magic, it did not stop her from being frightened of it, especially in the hands of someone who had stolen something....

Kacy
Unregistered User
(1/27/04 9:49 pm)
Uhm...
“Connlaoth? Is that where I am?� Kacy asked politely, noticing Eirene’s uneasiness.

“Uhm, I do not know if they are in Connlaoth, but they are within this world somewhere. I was transported as close to their location, but problems occurred. This place where I stand is somewhere around the multiple areas our source confirmed they had entered.� She explained before realizing she may have caused more confusion or discomfort.

“Do not worry. I will not let anything bad happen. I will do all in my power to make this safe.� She smiles, placing her hand upon Eirene’s shoulder gently. She smiled thoughtfully.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(1/28/04 6:21 pm)
hmm...
She nodded, "Aye, this is Connlaoth." she told Kacy and then smiled as she laid a hand gently on her shoulder. She had no doubt that Kacy could protect her if she needed it...but....

"If you'll excuse me." she said, "I have to go and find Tobrecan, he has a right to know that danger could be present in our village. All of you are welcome to come in for tea if you would like." she said with a smile and turned toward the door, walking swiftly towards it, waiting to see if her guests would follow.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(2/2/04 6:02 am)
Re: hmm...
Darts behind Eirene...."oh! tea..awesome..!" stops at the doorway after racing past her..perhaps he should wait until she let him inside first. Stands at the door...bouncing on his toes..."c'mon, c'mon,"..waves her to move faster towards him..."tea might get cold."

Eirene
Unregistered User
(2/4/04 3:56 pm)
hehe
She smiled brightly as the boy raced passed her, stopping at the door. Well, he certainly was excited!

Taking her time, she reached the door and opened it to her guests, motioning them to go inside. She walked through the kitchen and quickly pushed the logs in the fireplace with a long metal prong. The logs turned and the fire leaped in the grate. Gently, she placed a kettle of water over the flames and gathered the cups from a shelf, placing them on the table.

A piece of folded paper caught her attention, her own name, along with their father's was written in neat handwriting....Tobrecan's handwriting. She didn't need to open it, to know that he had left...after all, he had actually decided to leave them, just like Teague had done so many years ago. Picking up the paper she gently tucked it into her apron pocket. She knew that she would cry when she read it...and she certainly didn't want that the be in front of her guests.

Kacy
Unregistered User
(2/9/04 10:21 pm)
Uhm...ok...
She nodded and followed calmly behind Eirene as the boy dashed to the door. She remained quiet and entered as offered. As Eirene prepared the beverages, she observed the living quarters. She glanced back at her as she removed the note from the table and placed it on her person. She sensed something was uneasy but kept her nose out of it.

But she didn’t want Eirene to be uncomfortable. “Uhm…are you all right?� She whispered softly, afraid it might be too intruding to ask.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(2/14/04 6:09 pm)
yup
She nodded slowly to Kacy's question, placing a smile on her face to ensure her. The truth was, she had know that Tobrecan would leave, but it hurt all the same. Now she was left without any brothers, and the thought was just a bit scary.

"I'm fine." she said, placing the mugs on the table and pulled down some tea leaves for the brewing. She sat down at the table with her guests, waiting for the whistle that would follow when the water began to boil.

"I wonder what your business is in Connlaoth." she asked the boy with a gentle smile, brushing a stray strand of her snow-blonde hair from her eyes.

Kacy
Unregistered User
(3/13/04 4:42 pm)
Uhm...
“My business?� She asked in quick response. “I…I am following a rogue machine. It exited our realm and entered into this one. I was sent to retrieve it.� She answered right after. She sat down in the chair she was standing behind. “He is dangerous. I have to prevent it from escaping.� She added leaning back in the chair. “It does not reside in this village though. It is out of my scanning range. Our instruments collected multiple data and chose this place as the closest to all the locations registered. And so I was sent here.�

She then stared at the mug. She then placed her hand on the table and ran her finger around the rim. She wasn’t too happy about her assignment. She always felt strange when she was around the machine. Something that sent chills down her spine and tail. They never explained why she had to be the only one who could do anything about it and she always wondered, but never asked.

Gold
Miss Oblivious
(3/14/04 10:52 am)
<-- Eirene
She listened to Kacy, her eyes widening slightly as she quickly stood to retrieve the water which had just started to boil, and poured it into her guests cups.

"So why were you chosen for this assignment? Shouldn't there be more than one person on such a mission? Or do you just like to travel alone?"

Kacy
Unregistered User
(3/14/04 11:12 pm)
Uh...
She watched as Eirene poured the tea. “I…I do not mind traveling alone. If I have to, I will.� She responded softly. “I was chosen because I can predict it. I can feel what goes through its mind. But I do not know why. They said it was a program, but I think its more…� She continued openly, stopping herself.

She sipped her tea and relaxed. She put down the mug and sighed, staring at it as she continued to circle the rim with her finger.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(3/21/04 1:37 pm)
eep! sry!
She nodded, but understood nothing of what Kacy had just said. Programing? oh well, that was all beyond her, except for the sensing part.

"You know...I find that sometimes when I focus really hard, I can sense my brothers...well...mostly my oldest brother. He left about five years ago and I haven't seem him since, but I know that he's still alive, just meandering throughout the worlds, doing what he loves best." She took a dainty sip of the tea, scalding her tongue, but didn't notice, her mind in other places.

Vernionator X
(3/21/04 7:20 pm)
Open...
She tilted her head and thought about what Eirene said. “I do not have any siblings. So I do not know what this sensation is. But I do feel as if I know him…it.� She quickly corrected herself. She was not to think of the monster as a person. It was a menace. It needed to be obliterated from existence. She frowned and her hand stopped circling the glass. Her hand tensed up. She had started to think too much about the machine recently.

She started to relax herself and loosened her fingers. “I could have ended this. But I hesitated…I-I had it in my grasp and I froze…� She stuttered as she began to explain. What harm could it do? She never had anyone to talk to. No one to be open with. She was always quiet about everything. “…He had the opportunity to kill me, but he stopped. He looked at me; we stared into each other’s eyes and he fled…� She confessed, stopping herself. “I apologize. I did not mean to…� She added, embarrassed for being open when where she came from it was not done.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(3/26/04 12:54 pm)
hmm....
She listened silently to Kacy's story, amber eyes filled with compassion for her friend, along with the person she was chasing.

"Why must you destroy him?" she asked, sipping her tea delicately, "It is clear that he could not bring himself to destroy, perhaps there is good in him that your people do not comprehend. Perhaps you could bring it out, and save a life that has just as much right to live as everyone else."

She took another sip, the tea scalding her tongue, but she barely noticed, all attention on Kacy and her story.

Vernionator X
(3/31/04 9:31 pm)
Kacy - Unanswered questions...
“But, but…it is a weapon. It has no mercy. It would kill anyone else without a second thought. It has murdered so many.� She sipped her tea and leaned back in the chair. “Why me? Why did he spare my life? What makes me any different from anyone else It has killed?� She questioned herself.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(4/3/04 9:00 pm)
Musical Innoncence
"Why is someone born? Why is someone given the choice to do what is good and what is bad? When you are given a blessing, perhaps it is best not to ask why men, but thank whoever is looking out for you." she stood and walked silently over to the window, staring out into Connlaoth, the village she had known her entire life.

"Why is anyone given a second chance, if it is not for the reason that they might use it to fix what they have done? I cannot think that this Machine has only the thought to kill, not if it spared you. You say that it has no mercy...but it showed mercy when it spared you, which means that instead of an IT, perhaps this thing is really alive."

Vernionator X
(4/6/04 11:23 pm)
Kacy - Outwitted...
She froze and thought about what Eirene said. She was dumbfounded by the girl’s knowledge. “But…� She actually couldn’t think of anything to say or come back with. She had never been in a conversation like this one.

It was enlightening to hear Eirene’s words, but also weird to be on the loosing end. She believed what Eirene said, but it went completely against everything she was taught. She was stumped.

BizRboy
SotE addict
(4/11/04 3:29 pm)
konrad
konrad finally emptied his mouth of food. he hadnt really been listening to the conversation. that was ok with him b/c he didnt of much to add to it. he drank his tea slowly as he looked back and forth between the two females.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(4/19/04 1:11 pm)
eek, sorry about the absence! I'm here! honest!
She smiled lightly to herself as she took another sip of her tea. It was her view of things that had shocked Tobrecan, and pretty much everyone else in Connlaoth. She would not condemn anyone for what they were born to be, or born with, or created. All that matter was what they DID with the powers they were given, and this machine didn't seem so evil from what Kacy had told her.

"If you'd like, I can help you look for him." she suggested and a gentle shrug, "There's nothing left here that I have to worry about, with Tobrecan now gone."

Vernionator X
(4/19/04 9:29 pm)
Kacy - Ok...
 She listened to Eirene’s offer and looked at her. She didn’t say anything about the second part. It was her brother and she did not want to come across rude so she kept her mouth shut. “You really want to help?â€? She asked curiously. She stared at Eirene for a moment. “S-sure…you can come if you like. Besides, I do not know my way around this place anyway.â€? She smiled slightly, but happily.

Eirene
Unregistered User
(4/25/04 8:47 am)
WOOT!
 "Of course I really want to help!" she exclaimed happily, "I've been cooped up in this village for my whole life with people always fussing over me. It will be a welcome holiday, but I'm afraid I don't know much about the travel life, but I am certainly happy to learn if you're willing to put up with my provincial outlook." She smiled and stood from the table, bringing a fruit basket over to her guests.

"Will you need any supplies before the journey?" she asked, "I can take you to a few stores in Connlaoth that you could use...although....You may wish to change into something different." she said slowly, "Most people here will act as Tobre first did when he saw you; attacking first, questioning later. They won't hurt you if you're with me, but it will make it easier to convince them that you mean no harm if you look more like everyone else."

Vernionator X
(4/25/04 5:04 pm)
Kacy - Huh?...
 â€œAll right. I do not mind.â€? She spoke happily. She watched as Eirene brought some fruit to the table. “Fruit?â€? She asked curiously. “I-I haven’t seen fruit before.â€? She gazed at the basket, nodding to the getting supplies question. She then broke her attraction to the fruit and looked at her clothes, then at Eirene. “What is wrong with the way I am dressed?â€? She asked.

Gold
Miss Oblivious
(5/23/04 5:45 pm)
<--Eirene
 Her eyes widened in shock at Kacy's statement and she immediately began to giggle helplessly, "Fruit....it's generally very sweet and be careful of the juices or you'll make a mess."

"And your cloths aren't bad....but the people in this village are very judgmental of anyone different. I don't mind your cloths! But if we want to get anything for the journey you'll have to look as inconspicuous as possible."

Vernionator X
(5/26/04 10:04 pm)
Kacy - Huh?...
 â€œI know â€"what- fruit is. It’s just extinct where I come from.  â€"I- have never actually seen it.â€? She smiled.  She sighed to her second statement.  â€œI do not see what the problem with what I wear is.â€?  She looked at her clothes again.  â€œWhy do the people here care what I am wearing?â€?  She blushed slightly in embarrassment, folding her arms, covering what little she wore for a shirt.

Gold
Miss Oblivious
(5/28/04 11:20 am)
<--Eirene
 She sighed and nodded her head.  â€œAll right.  I will abide by your wishes.â€?  She began to undress herself right there in front of Eirene without a second thought.  She began by removing her jacket and then unlaced her boots.  She placed the jacket on the table and took her boots off, setting them aside.  She then stood up and unbuckled her pants…

Vernionator X
(5/31/04 2:16 am)
Kacy - Umm...
 She was suddenly being directed toward Eirene's bedroom.  She was surprised, but let Eirene have control of the situation.  She was slightly confused because some things are normal where she comes from.  "Modest?"  She asked curiously, looking at her sift and then around her room.  "So it is okay for me to undress now?"  She seemed completely clueless.  This was abnormal for her.

Gold
Miss Oblivious
(6/17/04 3:36 pm)
<--Eirene
 "Oh!" she cried when Kacy began to undress and quickly ran over to her, pushing her off in the direction of one of the rooms.

"Let's find something that will fit you before you start that! It can't be very...modest to walk around naked before we even figure out your size!" Entering her room, Eirene quickly began to sift through her drawers trying to find something that looked to be her friends size.

Vernionator X
(6/20/04 11:11 pm)
Kacy - Rules...
 She was suddenly being directed toward Eirene's bedroom. She was surprised, but let Eirene have control of the situation. She was slightly confused because some things are normal where she comes from. "Modest?" She asked curiously, looking at her sift and then around her room. "So it is okay for me to undress now?" She seemed completely clueless. This was abnormal for her.

Gold
Miss Oblivious
(6/22/04 6:52 pm)
<--Eirene
 She smiled lightly, hiding a giggle, as she closed the door to her bedchamber and began to search through the closet. There were many clothes in here that didn't fit her...most of those were her mothers and she had begged her father not to throw them away after she had died, and now kept them in her room.

"If you wish." she replied to Kacy's question, "And I think this will fit...I'm sorry that it's not in the best condition, but it's the only one that I believe is your size." She pulled out a simple brown dress that was broken with a blue ribbon that tied around the center, along with a white apron to go along.

Vernionator X
(6/28/04 4:00 pm)
Kacy - Hopeless...
 She blushed at the giggle, still hopelessly lost. "A-am I doing something bad??" She asked, slightly embarrassed. She did not know if she was being inappropriate. "I-If I wish??" She asked again. "A-am I not supposed to yet??"

She looked at the dress Eirene picked out and paused for a moment. "Is that what I have to wear??" She replies, not being rude, but curious as to the unusual style.

Gold
Miss Oblivious
(7/4/04 6:20 pm)
<--Eirene
She paused, looking at the dress in her hands, and misinterpreting Kacy's question. "I guess it is a bit bland....I know that it's not the greatest...oh I'm sure I have something nicer." Tossing the dress onto the bed and continuing to dig through the closet.

"And you can undress if you like now, it's perfectly fine now that the door is closed...Ah! This one is a bit more colorful." she pulled out another dress that was slightly more formfitting and instead of brown it was a pale blue, embroidered around the waist and neck with gold flowers and green leaves.  

Vernionator X
(7/12/04 8:33 pm)
Kacy - hehe...
 "A-alright." she nodded and finished undressing...completely. She then covered herself with her arms timidly. Her skin was light, yet not pale. She was smooth and tone and still very feminine. She had no clue why, but for some reason, she felt strange and shy. What was happening to her?

She looked over at the new dress Eirene picked out and awed it. "I-I like it..." She murmured, standing behind her in the nude. She had never seen such a style before. Wait...She had never seen a dress before either, but she seemed interested in it.

Gold
Miss Oblivious
(7/15/04 3:11 pm)
<--Eirene
 She grinned silently to herself and handed the dress over to Kacy, un buttoning the back and ready to help her into it if she had any trouble.

"I know that it's quite a bit different then your normal clothes, but you won't have to wear it for long, just long enough to pick up the items you need for you trip."

Vernionator X
(8/31/04 9:08 pm)
Kacy - Uhm... ^-^'''
 She smiled warmly, receiving the dress and holding it up. She scanned over the garment and couldn't figure out how to put in on. There was no belt or pants or shirt or anything she was used to. She inspected it curiously and then turned to Eirene naively after listening to her explanation and nodding. "H-how do I wear it?" she asked bashfully.

The dress was soft and decorative. It felt like it would be comfortable and nice to wear. Something different. And Kacy didn't mind trying out new or unusual things.

Gold
SotE addict
(9/12/04 12:07 pm)
<--Eirene
 She smiled brightly, laughter dancing in her eyes as Kacy held up the dress with confusion. Well it didn't really surprise her, it was obvious from the first moment she brought out the dresses that her friend was ignorant to the way most women dressed in the villages, well maybe not most but quite a few that was for sure.

"Here, let me help you." She replied, taking the dress from Kacy and deftly unbuttoning the back and lifting the skirts up to fit over her head, "Just put your hands in the sleeves and pull it over your head. I can button up the back once it's on." She just hoped that it would cover enough of her oddities that people would sell them anything. Of course the village knew Eirene and any normal day would find whatever she needed...but what would happen now that she had such a strange creature with her? Something that was human and yet....not?

Vernionator X
SotE addict
(9/13/04 10:36 pm)
Kacy - Heh...
 She did as she was told and put out her hands. The dress was on and ready for Eirene. Her tail wiggled and twitched as the dress shifted in place on her. "W-what about m-my tail?" She asked in wonder to what she was to do about it. It didn't like to be cramped an was used to being out freely. "A-and there's...uhm...no...uh... undergarment." She responded timidly with a blush. Her crotch was unlothed under the dress. But she was right. The dress WAS soft and comfortable. It was a new and of course liked feeling.

Gold
SotE addict
(9/14/04 3:43 pm)
<--Eirene
 She looked up startled back into reality at Kacy's words. Undergarments! Of course! How silly she had been! But then...she had assumed that Kacy would atleast have her own....oh well.

"I completely forgot!" she said with a blush and hurried over to a chest of drawers and pulled open the top drawer and pulled out some undergarments and tossed them to Kacy.

"And as for your tail, there's a slit in the back where I left a few buttons opened that your tail should fit through, but just keep it hidden when we're walking about the village. I would not like to see you wrongly attacked!"

Vernionator X
SotE addict
(10/2/04 2:08 am)
Kacy - Ow...
 The underwear was tossed to her and she caught them swiftly, staring at them curiously. Another something she had not seen before. She blinked, as she looked the garment over. It seemed easy enough and she put them on correctly. He tail fidgeted violently as it wiggled for a comfortable spot in the underpants. Her tail did not like to be cramped in one spot. It was irritating and sometimes painful to bury it like that. She squirmed around, fussing with her tail until she freed it from the dress. It popped out and wobbled around a bit as it un-kinked and relaxed. She sighed in relief. "I-I'm sorry...I-it hurts sometimes..." She mumbled timidly, rubbing the base of her spine.

Gold
Miss Oblivious
(10/5/04 1:14 pm)
<--Eirene
 "Oh I'm sorry!" she exclaimed at Kacy's statement, "I didn't even think about that....I hope that I haven't caused too much trouble...." She paused and looked over her friend's appearance, making sure that nothing looked so out of place that she would be readily picked out of a crowd.

"Yes...yes I think that that will do fine." she murmered to herself, brushing her hands on her apron out of habit. "You may change back into your normal clothes after we're finished at the market. I would just like to avoid any nonsense violence."

Vernionator X
SotE addict
(10/20/04 9:51 pm)
Kacy - All right...
 She managed to hid her wandering tail and fill in the dress nicely. She smiled at Eirene's confirming statement, happy that it could all work out. That is, if nothing bad happens. Yes, yes, now for supplies. She nodded her head in agreement. "All right then. I am ready." She responded softly, but cheerfully. She placed her arms behind her back and waited patiently for Eirene to lead the way. After all, she didn't exactly know where anything was here and without her headgear equipped, she had little navigational skills.

Gold
Miss Oblivious
(11/2/04 5:27 pm)
<--Eirene
 With a smile she led the way out of the room and into the street of Connlaoth, standing placidly in the moving traffic of people and carts blundering through the village. The dust picked up from the turning wheels and feet made her sneeze uncomfortably, her chest seizing up slightly before fading again into nothing.

"What are you looking for?" she asked her companion cheerfully.

Vernionator X
Chicks dig giant robots
(11/14/04 7:41 pm)
Kacy - hmmm...
 She happily followed Eirene down the street, watching the very different surroundings and traffic around her. She was concerned with Eirene's health and didn’t want her to get herself sick for helping. Before she could ask, she was cut off by Eirene's question. What exactly was she looking for? Fore one, she could not tell what stores were what. And nothing looked like anything she knew of. "Uhm...I am not sure. Everything here is so...different." she responded timidly. "What would we need for where we are going?" she asked curiously, distracted by all the different things she had not seen before.

Goldie

Eirene smiled brightly as she greeted a few people on the street she had known since she was a child.  In fact, she knew a lot of people in Connlaoth and enjoyed saying hello to each as they passed.  She was never allowed to go out alone before because of her condition, but it never stopped her from dreaming, and now that was finally broken.  She was walking away from a life of overprotection and finally making something out of her dull existence!

"Lets go there first!" she told Kacy, pointing to a small shop that had a large sign on the door reading Milina's Bargin Clothes.  They would probably need some sort of cloaks or something considering they didn't even know where they were going to end up!  Better to be safe then sorry!

"And after that we'll need to pick up some food I'm sure!"

Anonymous

She smiled happily at Eirene being happy as she greeted the people as well.  She looked over in the direction Eirene pointed out.  "All right.  Clothes are good."  She headed toward the little shop and entered with Eirene.  "Yes, food would be nice too." She agreed to her last comment.  After entering the small shop, she looked about the clothing, checking out the styles and colors.  They were all much different than what there was where she came from and she liked them.  She took a few off the rack and held them against herself to see how they looked and then slowed Eirene to see her opinion.

Goldie

With a grin the young girl entered the shop and was immediately greeted by the shop keeper, Milina.  Eirene had known her since she was little, and although the woman was a good 10 years older than she, they were both close like the sister that she never had.  Of course she always had loved Teague and Tobrecan, Teague more than her other emotionally charged brother, but that was beside the point.

"Eirene!" Milina cried, walking quickly from the other side of the store to give the girl a tight hug.  "It's been too long since ye've come inta my shop!  How've ye been?"

Eirene smiled brightly, "I've been wonderful!  Meeting new people, seeing Tobre finally set off on his big 'quest'."  Milina raise her eyebrow and Eirene sighed, "You know....his selfrighteous journey to destroy all the evil from the world?  The perfect Connlaothian dream?"

"oh...that dream." the older woman made a face.  Although she agreed with the anti-magic laws of Connlaoth, it didn't help her thinking that Tobrecan was a bit OVER excentric!

Eirene turned when Kacy tried to get her attention and grinned as she saw the clothing held in her friends arms.  "Oh those are wonderful!"  She squealed, racing over to look at the garments, "The color is just right for you too!"  Taking one of the outfits she winced as a sharp pain raced through her chest causing her to drop the fabric as she clutched her heart, her breathing obscured.

Anonymous

From the outskirts of Connlaoth approaches a six and a half foot tall cloaked being. Because of the spikes on the back of his head, he could never wear the hood of the cloak. This is bad on his part, revealing his Draconic head. His viciously massive teeth make it rather difficult for him to hide them. They constantly stick out of his mouth, giving him a very monsterous appearance. Instead of feet, he has draconic talons. His elongated tail almost seems as if it isn't supposed to be apart of him, as it tends to always have a mind of it's own.
"She's here, Lenski! I finally get to see her!" He states excitedly to his larger companion behind him as they enter the Kingdom of Anti-magic.

Anonymous

Kacy immediately knelt down in front of her and placed her hands upon the small Eirene's shoulders.  "E-eirene...?  Calm down...it is ok..." she coaxed; placing a hand over the hand Eirene was clutching her heart with and squeezed it with concern.  She could guess clearly what was wrong with her, but she had never seen someone like this before.  No one had severe problems like this where she came from...not unless it was caused purposely.  The only thing she could do right now is help calm Eirene down.  Later, after they leave town, she might have some medicine Eirene could take to suppress it.  But for now, Kacy could only wait.  

Adrik took in all the sights as they traveled.  The large Bear Anthro followed not far behind his shorter, in comparison, friend.  His eight-foot-nine self watched into the entrance to the new village, his massive form clearly visible behind his creepy-looking counterpart.  "Ya, ya.  Jus don be surprised if she tries to attack you...or me for zat matter." He reminded Tyldak in his thick Russian accent.  He sighed, closing his eyes and continued to walk just to the side of him now.  

As the two wandered up to the new village, a careful eye watched upon them.  It trailed them unforeseen, discreetly tracking their movements.  It smirked mentally as its form lay unnoticed, blending naturally with every possible environment.  It was so close...and so far at the same time, patiently seeking out its ambition.  It saw them from above, below, behind and possibly in front of.  How does one accomplish such a task?  So camouflaged and still in right in front of their eyes.

Goldie

She gasped silently as the pain slowly subsided to a dull ache that would linger for hours.  It hadn't been a large attack which was good, she didn't have anymore of her pills, that last few being used up when she was startled by Kacy's sudden appearence and Tobrecan's departure.

"I...I'm fine now." she whispered forcing a pained smile onto her face to try and convince Kacy, "I just...I don't know what triggered it...that happens sometimes.  Thank you, for helping me."

ooc: barg...that's a crappy crappy post --__--

Anonymous

Kacy frowned at her hurt smile and sighed.  She then pulled little Eirene close and hugged her, rubbing her back gently.  "It is all right.  I should be able to help later..." she whispered kindly to Eirene.  She then let go of Eirene and kissed her forehead before standing up.  "Lets buy a few things here and be on our way." She smiled and sorted through the clothes she had out and picked a few she liked.  "Now let us get you something nice."  She replied, taking Eirene's hand and taking her to the girl section.  She pulled a few things off the rack for Eirene to see and smiled at the cuteness of them.

Goldie

Eirene smiled weakly at the clothes Kacy held up and in her heart she truly appreciated what the older woman was doing to help her forget about the pain.  It was awful how she wanted to do so much but was sorely limited by her condition.  Teague had always told her that she could still do anything she wanted, but she needed to use her imagination to find alternate ways, and Tobrecan had just made her sit around like she was worthless, and anytime she even came CLOSE to breaking a sweat he would shoe her off again.  Her friends even treated her like glass...Kacy was the first person who actually had looked past the disability and been a real person.

"Thank you Kacy, really" she replied, still clutching her heart where the pain had dulled but had not disappeared, "But I would...I'd just like to sit down.  I don't need any clothes, I have everything I need in my bag."

Anonymous

"All right then." Kacy placed the clothes back on the rack and walked back over to Eirene.  She held her hand and smiled.  "I guess we can go get some food now.  And you can rest all you want then."  She headed to the register and paid for her clothes after the cashier rung them up.  "Okay." She took a hold of Eirene's hand again, thanked the lady kindly and left the shop.  "Is the food place close or would you like to sit and rest first?" she asked thoughtfully as she waited for direction.  She did not know where the food store was so Eirene had to guide her and she didn’t want to run her ragged.  She also didn’t want to shelter her.  She just wanted Eirene to enjoy herself and have fun.

Goldie

After entering the streets Eirene pointed Kacy in the direction a  small pub whose food was renowned throughout Connlaoth and also had a small store attached that sold food for travelers.  She walked silently toward it, the pulling on her heart becoming more and more painful, but she ignored it.  Once they were sitting down it would fade, she was sure.

ooc: eep, crappy crappy post! *cowers in the crappiness of it*

Anonymous

Kacy took Eirene's action as 'rest later' and followed her, not too far behind.  She could sense the poor girl's pain, but did not wan to make her rest if she felt she could still go.  "Please...do not overwork yourself...  That is all I ask..." she pleaded with concern, but calmly as she came up beside Eirene.  She put an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close, sighing with a small smile.  "Okay?" she asked, looking down at her.  "I will not baby you if you do not wish, but still I would like to see you not hurt." she explained softly.  They came upon the pub and she walked with Eirene to the store.

Anonymous

"Is that her, Adrik?!" The draconic figure yells out, pointing at the two female figures down the way. He was a little too overjoyed with what is to come. Not even thinking of what will happen.
"My God... she looks just like Cassandra..." Tyldak, finishes, trying to keep himself from running at her. He keeps a steady pace with his larger friend beside him.

Goldie

Eirene followed close behind Kacy, staggering slightly under the pain her heart coursed through her chest.  It had not completely faded, and unless she sat down soon she would fall over and, quite possibly, not have the strength to stand again for a long time.

And what with Tobrecan gone, she had no way of protecting herself from the attacks.  It seemed that he always knew when they were about to happen and knew exactly what to do everytime....she knew that there had always been an extra prescription somewhere, but hadn't taken the time to find out just where it was kept...which was her fault entirely for depending solely on her brother and now....

Now he was gone...

...And she was in a huge predicament.

"Kacy..." she gasped as the pain surged once again.  The world was spinning dangerously and she swayed on her feet until finally her knees collapsed beneath her.

Anonymous

Kacy turned her attention as her name was called and watched Eirene.  Surprised by Eirene's sudden collapse, Kacy rushed to her side and helped her up.  She supported the helpless girl softly and held her close.  "Do not worry.  It is okay." She whispered softly in Eirene's ear with concern in her tone.  "We will leave now then.  I will help once outside the village."  She knelt and pulled Eirene to her back, lifting her up onto it carefully.   She carried the girl piggyback; un-phased by her insignificant weight and headed off down the street.  She walked steadily, somewhat at a hurried pace, wanting to get Eirene treatment as soon as possible.  As she marched down the sidewalk, she froze.  A sudden wariness hit her chest and she looked over across the street.  Oh no...that was bad...

The large bear stopped and watched curiously was a big grin grew upon his mug.  "Zhat vould be Kacy." He stated quietly to Tyldak as Kacy stared at them.  He chuckled and waved slowly, plopping his other hand on Tyldak's shoulder, somewhat holding onto him.  "Vatch out..." he whispered through his smiling teeth to Tyldak, keeping firm eye contact on the girl.  

She glared at Adrik with extreme hatred, especially as he greeted her.  How dare he?!  Her eyes quickly glanced to the other.  Who was that?!  And just why was he with Adrik?!  Either way, se had no time fore this.  She would not start a riot in the middle of this innocent village.  She had to care for poor Eirene and soon.  Her heart beat faster with worry.  How was she to handle this??

Goldie

Her vision fluctuated, fading in and out...in and out...a constant malfunction that made her stomach drop.  Pain filled her mind, her body, and what seemed like her very soul as she collapsed to the ground being supported only by what she assumed to be Kacy.  Nothing would work as she willed herself to move, to open her eyes and fight against the darkness that invaded her mind.

Deep breathes were something from the past as her chest heaved quickly, trying to breathe through the pain that tightened her lungs nearly to the point of suffacation.  She couldn't think, couldn't breathe....there was nothing but pain.  Indescribable pain.

Where had this attack come from!?  She had done nothing that could have possibly caused it, no hard labor, no over excitement.  Yes, she had been excited about leaving the village, but now she was not sure that would be such a great idea.  Why was everything so easy for everyone else but herself?  Teague had left to follow his dream in new, wonderful worlds.  Tobrecan had left too in order to follow the dream he had been creating since he was old enough to think.  Now it was her turn and everything that could possibly go wrong seemed to be happening.

Grating breathes obscured her hearing and it took her a while to realize that the sickning sound was coming from her own mouth.  Oh Gods....Oh Gods....this was the end, wasn't it?  She was going to die here.....her heart was going to finally fail.

~~~~~~~~

"I'm afraid she will not live much past five." the doctor told her father slowly as he emerged from the room, the tiny child laying still in the bed as her two brothers gazed in at her, fear in their eyes for their younger sister.

"There's...there's nothing that can be done?" Their father asked, "This disease....it killed my wife and now it is claiming my daughter."

"I am sorry....there is nothing I can do for her."

~~~~~~~~

But she had lived to be much older than anyone had ever imagined.  She was nearly 14, almost ten years past the time she was suppose to have died.  The doctor had been wrong....maybe she was wrong about it now as well.

The pain that shot through her heart argued otherwise and she slipped farther and farther away, her body convulsing with the strength she was using to stay alive, strength that was being wasted.

Anonymous

(Muse for Tyldak is leavin' me >.<)

Tyldak glanced back at Adrik when he place his massive hand on the dragonoid's shoulder.
"Look, Lenski. I would understand why she would hate you, but does she really hold any reason to attack me at all? Let go so I can go see my daughter." Tyldak tries to convince Adrik to let him see his own young. He's never seen either of his daughters until now. All that matters to the dragonoid now is the chance to get to know her more.

Anonymous

Adrik sighed and shook his head, his smile lessening, as he lifted his claws from Tyldak's shoulder and folded his arms.  He kept his eyes on Kacy's watching and gauging her reaction.  "Fine.  It is your funeral." He warned sarcastically.  He remained calm though.  He did not seem one bit afraid of Kacy, and yet, he warned Tyldak.  "juz don say I didn’t varn you."

Kacy just watched, unsure of what was going through Adrik's enormous mind.  Glaring at Adrik, she could see the fearlessness he portrayed.  It was written all over him.  He was so confidant...it was scary.  That man was never afraid of anything.  He seemed to know everything...  So what did he know this time??  He could read Kacy like a book and she knew it.  Her hands trembled as she held onto Eirene caringly.  Hesitation could be seen in her expression as Adrik released the other.  What was he doing??  Her attention glanced rapidly between the two, very defensive at the moment.  She had to help Eriene right now though...  That was most important.  Taking a step back, she prepared to flea, not really wanting to, but she had to.  She had no time for this.  Damnit  Adrik!  What is going on?!

Goldie

ooc: hey guys, there's nothing I can really do now that Eirene is immobile soo....it's up to you Jester to post next, kays?  ^_^

Anonymous

In a competition of chicken, both eyes raced toward each other.  And Kacy swerved at the last second as Adrik stared her into submission.  She backed down and took another step backward, trying not to bump into the people passing by on their normal routines.  "Do not take this so lightly..." she whispered, fully aware of Adrik's lip reading ability.  "I..." but before she could finish Adrik had nodded in agreement.  That man was too weird sometimes.  With her acknowledgement of his full understanding, she headed off, her paced speed faster than before.  She left Adrik and the other standing in wait as she fled the village, hurried to get poor Eirene some help.  She panted as their trip went on and Kacy finally came across what looked like the village's edge.  She sighed in relief through her heavy breathing and continued on.  Once she broke the Village's edge, she ran off into a clear plane of fresh grass.  An engine whistle was heard as her craft came into sight, catching up to her from behind.  The craft flew gracefully as it twirled across the cool area, hovering softly above the ground as it came up to Kacy's side.  She turned her attention towards it as she left the village behind, hoping no one would follow.  With a smooth leap, she landed gracefully on its flat surface and knelt down as she had run out of breath.  She set Eirene down and sat, placing Eirene in her lap in front of her, arms wrapped around the girl's waist as the brisk wind flapped in her face as the lifted higher into the clouds.  Kacy then opened a sealed hatch and pulled out a First aid kit.  She readied a needle gun, loading some liquid into it and injected the serum into Eirene's neck.  From there, she waited for Eirene to awake.