Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Heat, Ponder, Training [moved]

Started by Anonymous, January 18, 2005, 08:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

Her mind slowly began to clear of the fog that threatened to consume her, mind, body, and soul.  Her chest ached...she couldn't breath, couldn't feel, couldn't think of anything but the horrible pain that plagued her.  She wanted to cry, but her strength left her and her body wouldn't allow her the luxury.

But then the world began to come into focus rather than fading into darkness and she knew that the spell was slowly passing, but very slowly, as if she were walking backwards but a slightly stronger force pushed her foreward.  Her breaths came again, much smoother than before, but not anywhere near the normal steady rhythm they should have been and had been before.  Her eyes watered as the pain bit into her chest and she found the strength to cry, to sob silently as she surfaced.  Every inch of her body ached, burned with a fire that spread from her heart.

It was the worst feeling she had ever had and she knew that something had happened to keep her alive...she hadn't been meant to live through this attack but something had saved her, had brought her out of near death back to the living.

"K....kacy...?" she muttered through her painful tears.

Anonymous

Kacy held Eirene firmly, squeezing around her with worry.  Her grip tightened as the sound of her name was heard.  She inhailed and closed her eyes.  Eirene was all right!  A small mile crept on Kacy's lips and she kissed the back of Eirene's head.  Exhaling, she nuzzled around to the girl's cheek and kissed again softly.  "I'm glad you're okay." She sighed, rubbing her cheek against Eirene's.  Kacy was so close to the small girl, so close for just barely meeting her.  But she was.  She cared for little Eirene, whether she knew her or not.  She was just an unusually affectionate person.  That was just how she was brought up.  "I gave you an injection.  It should help." She whispered softly.  "It is an evolved cell cluster.  It searches for illnesses and immunizes the host body from them." She explained softly, rubbing her hands up and down Eirene's arms to keep her warm.  The cold wind flapped past, gentle, yet brisk at the same time.  The atmosphere was soothing and cool up there.  Kacy's tail slipped from the dress Eirene had given her and wrapped around Eirene like it had a mind of its own.  Kacy has stored the bag with her recent purchases away in her craft earlier in the flight so they would be safe as they flew high and quick.  "So, whatever hurt your body will never attack you again." She embraced Eirene dearly.

Goldie

The young girl smiled with much effort through the pain that was slowly dissapating from her chest.  And very slowly at that.  Ever beat of her weak heart sent pain coursing through her limbs making it nearly impossible for her to move more than just turning her head to look at her friend.

What would have happened if she hadn't been given that injection?

Part of her didn't even want to know.  She was sure that this would have been the end, but Kacy had been there, she had been there just like her brother's had and helped to save her life once again.  She felt awful having to rely on so many people throughout her life, but that was her curse.  The disease had destroyed her mother and was slowly working to destroy her by eating away at her heart.

But...Kacy had said the medicine would stop the sickness....she shouldn't have anymore problems....but Eirene knew that wasn't going to be the case.  Even if the sickness stopped streading the damage had been done and her heart was left much weaker than the normal human.  She would still have to take the same precautions she had used up to this day.  

Atleast I have a chance, she thought to herself, atleast I know my heart won't get any weaker then it already is.

"T...thank you..." she grimaced, resting her head against Kacy's arm as the older woman pulled her closer.  It was comforting to know that someone cared about you that much...that they would be there for you and help you get through everything and anything.

Just as her eyes were closing in exhaustion, a small bird fluttered up to the craft and landed nimbly beside Eirene, jumping up to her shoulder and cuddling against her cheek as if he were trying to comfort her the same way Kacy was.

Anonymous

"Your very welcome." She whispered softly, placing another kiss upon her soft cheek.  She took notice of the bold little bird and watched curiously.  Wow, it was actually amazing.  How could such a sweet girl be given such a horrible curse? It just wasn’t fair...  She sighed, her gaze shifting from the little bird, off into the clouds.  "Do not worry.  We will be safe.  And we will have fun too, of you like." She smiled gently, her eyes still drifting as she thought to herself.  After a while, they began to descend, lowering through the cuddly clouds with a poof.  The decorated land could be seen below as they passed through the sky.  Kacy glanced over at the sun and noticed it was lowering.  It was getting to be evening already.  Wow, how time flew.  But where would they go now?  She did not wish to bring Eirene into her problems by searching for her objective.  So she thought it best to avoid that completely for now and go wherever Eirene wanted.  And get to know her better as well.  She looked around for a nice spot to land as they passed over the landscape.  They needed somewhere nice and cozy for now...maybe a camping trip?  The forest looked nice, but would Eirene mind?  "Hmmm...would you like to spend the night in the forest?" she asked politely as she snuggled again.

Anonymous

"I know a better place than somewhere outdoors." A voice speaks out from above the two on the flying craft. The voice came from the dragonoid that was with the rather large Russian bear. He flies, just above the two of them with his fifteen foot wingspan holding him in the air. His appearance may seem quite horrid, but it has the oposite appeal as of what he currently has on his mind.
"Now before you freak out on me or anything, just hear me out." He speaks in attempt to explains himself before Kacy would go and push him away.
"If it matters to you at all, I just want to say that you share the same beauty as your mother." He continues, hoping to have gained her attention with at least that.

Goldie

Eirene choked out a soft sob when the Dragonoid figure appeared overhead.  She felt her heart beat faster, something that definately should NOT be happening right now...not just after she had such a horrible attack that had left her weaker then she'd ever been before.  Closing her eyes against a new shock of pain that raced through her, she hid her face in the folds of Kacy's dress.

It's just my imagination she thought desperately to herself, trying to alleviate the pain, destroy the shock that raked through her.  Just my imagination...just my...just my...imagination..imagin....just....imagination...my....just my... The world faded aorund her as the pain in her chest threw her into unconsciousness, her breaths slowly becoming steady as she began to receive the rest that she so desperately needed.

The small bird snuggled closer to her cheek, chirping softly into her ear as if Eirene was her own little chick who was having a nightmare and needed to be consoled.  It was actually a bit strange that this bird had suddenly become so worried about this young human....she had hated humans before...until this little girl came along!  In so much pain, needing so much attention.  The mother bird wanted to do everything possible to make her feel better.

Anonymous

Kacy's attention snapped to the dragonoid as he spoke with surprise on his side.  She comforted little Eirene as the girl lost consciousness again and all because of the unwanted guest.  She glared up at the creature as he tried to explain uselessly.  What the hell was his problem?!  Rude bastard.  "No, it does not!  And do not dare talk about my mother!" she retorted calmly, with an angered expression.  "You have some nerve!  Adrik will pay for putting you up to this!  And you will not get off so easy taunting me about my mother!"  He got her attention all right, but probably not the kind he wanted.  The craft put some distance between them, coasting to his side and veering further off.  Kacy would have attacked him if she had not removed her neuro-link device and put it away.  And now that she thought about it, she wasn't exactly dressed proper to be fighting someone.  Not in a dress like this.  And she especially wanted to keep it safe because it was a gift from Eirene.  "So...What do you want?!  You have put me in a very bad disposition!  And now you frightened the girl!" He had come at the wrong time.  And now Kacy was upset and frustrated and there was nothing she could do at the moment except run.  Nevertheless, she searched for her link and scrambled to put it ion while still holding on to Eirene gently.  After plugging it in, her scanners detected something.  It read that the creature was outfitted with an unknown type of link.  She gasped slightly, becoming more nervous. Who was this freak?!  And what had Adrik done to him?!  She was now hesitant of the Dragonoid's abilities and tried to think of a way out of this situation safely.

Anonymous

As Adrik warned him, Kacy attacked him, but not physically. Tyldak is thankful for that too, because he would refuse to fight back which would cause damage on his behalf.
The dragonoid was almost saddened about how he is being treated first off. Aside from that, he's very happy to finally see Kacy.
"Look, Lenski has nothing to do with my being here. I followed on my own terms. He simply helped me find you." Tyldak begins, still keeping up in midair. He was keeping himself as sinscere as possible, even with all the excitement and such.
"I would never dare to speak ill mannered about Cassandra. She meant the world to me. If you don't want me around, that's fine. I'm just happy enough to see you for once. My own daughter." He finishes, slowing his flight path a little. This leaves him to lag behind a bit.

Anonymous

"Liar!" she retorted.  "Why would you come on your own?!  I do not know you!  And I surely have never seen something like you before!" she spoke with anger clouding her judgment.  "Leave my mother alone!" she yelled, assuming Adrik set him up with knowledge.  "Stop talking like you know her!"  She then froze.  His daughter??  How dare he!  She glared at him hatefully as he spat more and more lies, or what she believed were lies.  "She did not share the same feelings for you!  She and my father loved each other very..." she stopped.  "...Why am I even telling you this?!  You are not my father!!" tears ran down her cheeks as she became upset.  "I know my father!!" she cried.  "And you are not him!!"  In reality, she was unsure at this point.  She knew there were gaps in her memory and certain things that did not make sense, but she kept quiet about it her whole life.  With a surge of energy jumping through her body, she put her hand toward him.  A sphere of energy swirled together, increasing in mass until it reached the size of a basketball.  "LIAR!!!" she screamed, aiming for the creature as the ball grew dense with power.

Anonymous

Tyldak's face grew even more sour as Kacy continued yelling at him. Adrik's presence alone started the whole fiasco and Tyldak knew it.Seeing Kacy now is all that matters to him for the moment. Her reaction does hurt, but he has no choice but to let it be.
"if you feel that I am defiling Cassandra's name, than I will leave that subject be. But tell me. Do you truely know your father? Do you even know his name?" As Tyldak says his words, Kacy powers up her attack. He could only sigh and lower his head.
"Do as you will. I will not try to stop you. It would actually be an honor to bare whittness to your power. See how well you've developed." He finishes as his eyes well up with tears. Tears of joy and saddness all at the same time. He was ready to take what she had to dish out.

Goldie

As Kacy lifted her arm, Eirene was joltied her out of her unconsciousness.  Her mind was foggy as she tried to open her eyes, accutely aware that there was an arguement errupting about her.  Some part of her mind urged her to wake up, to open her eyes and stop what was about to take place.  Something was not right and she must find a way to stop it...to stop...

To stop what?  What was going on?

All the voices blended together and she could barely tell what was being said as she struggled to sit up, her body shaking violently beneath her with weakness.  But that small nagging voice was still there.  Even without hearing the words, Eirene could tell that anger was flaring around her.

Amber eyes slowly appeared as her eyelids forced themselves open, tearing from the brightness of the sun and the pounding ache that made her entire skull echo.

Turning her head slowly, the young girl's eyes grew wide as she saw the huge orb appearing in Kacy's hands, facing toward the dragonoid figure who was no moving...who...wouldn't move...

Oh God!!  Kacy was going to kill him!  She was...she was....

Eirene couldn't take it!  She had to do something!  Anything!  Violence was not what was needed...and that...that energy ball...it was scaring her beyond belief.  Somehow she could tell it wasn't magic, that it was technology, but that didn't make it any less scary.  In fact, it made her tremble evenmore.  How could anyone have something that deadly....that wasn't magic?

With a new found energy Eirene lept to her feet and held out her hands as she tried to push down Kacy's arms away from the other.

"Kacy!  Kacy stop!  Stop please!"  she sobbed, taking another step toward her to try and get more strength to push away her hands and that ball of power.

With a cry, her feet slipped on the slick surface of the craft and a piercing scream echoed through the air as she fell from the craft.  Twisting her body she tried to grab desperately onto the flying object, but her fingers barely touched the surface before sliding over it and she fell into the open air with no one to catch her....

ooc:  hahaha, it seems like Eirene always gets the drama!  XDD  oh well!  I had to find some way to get Kacy to stop attacking!

Anonymous

Truly know my father??  "His name is Derik!!  Not that it even matters to you!!"  She snapped, her eyes enraged with fury and frustration.  The sphere spazmed with Kacy's emotional distress, sparking and crackling.  But her father...that name...Tyldak would know it all to well.  It was him...  That bastard...  The man infatuated with Cassandra...the man who was against anything Tyldak had to say...the man who had orders sent for his head after the transformation.  That man had just been announced as Kacy's father.  "YOU BASTARD!"  

She aimed for his face to fire, but before she could react, little Eirene startled her.  The small girl yelled her name and lunged at her in an attempt to stop her.  Kacy gasped in surprise and the ball went off just as her arm jittered.  The energy spiraled off somewhere in the monster's direction.  "Eirene..." she spoke, wide-eyed.  And then the girl slipped.  Without even paying attention to Tyldak, she reached out for Eirene as he slid off, pulled back by the wind caused by the craft's speed.  "EIRENE!"  Kacy scrambled to her feet and leapt off the craft after her.  She dove through the sky, straight like an arrow in Eirene's direction.  

With every second, he distance between them decreased, but it felt like it took forever with the girl's life on the line.  Creeping closer, Kacy finally grabbed hold of her and immediately pulled Eirene into her arms tightly.  They both fell together and Kacy did not have the ability to fly.  Had she known this when she jumped?  Or did her protective instincts get the better of her and cause her to put her own life in danger in a meager attempt to save the life of the girl?  But it seems there was nothing to be accomplished as now both hurtled downward, passing through the clouds.

Anonymous

The little girl that was with Kacy tried to get her to stop, but with no success. Eirene then slipped off the craft and began to fall. This startled Kacy, causing her to let off her attack, in a direction she wasn't even aiming at. But the attack atill managed to hit its target. Tyldak was nailed in the shoulder and he was violently jerked back by the impact. the pain, coarsing through his left shoulder didn't hurt nowhere near as much as his heart. The tears on his face were forced away as he let himself drop through the sky. His rage and complete hatred for the name that Kacy spoke of was greatly overwhelmed by his tremendous saddness.
The world hates you now. It always has. You have no place in the world. Just let it end. No one will care for your demise. Dreaded thoughts began to cloud the Dragonoid's head as he continued to fall, head first. He was about to let go and agree with those thoughts when he finally looked in the direction he was falling in. The ground below is growing closer, but that's not what caught his attention. Kacy was holding onto Eirene as they both fell. Neither of them will live the fall. they don't deserve such a fate. Tyldak's eyes widened and he finally gathered enough sense to answer his thoughts.
"No..."
The dragonoid then tucked his wings and pressed his limbs against the rest of his body to cause himself to plummet much faster. At this rate, he surpasses the two in their horrible decent, only to stop himself just beneith them to catch both girls in his arms. All remains silent from there, save for the sound of a pair of rough, leathery wings flapping. Before they knew it, both females were gently place upon the ground, unharmed. Tyldak couldn't even bare to look upon Kacy at this point. It's all a lost cause right now. There's nothing he could do. So, he turns away and begins to walk. His face fills back up with rivers of saddness.

Goldie

After the initial slip, Eirene found that her screams had ended as her throat closed on any sound.  In her fear she could do nothing but stare up at the sky in complete horror.  Nothing could have prepared her for this, nothing could have possibly given her any way to be comfortable with the situation and for the first time she silently wished for wings.

Of course, in Connlaoth, this thought was blasphemous and if uttered out load she would probably be taken away to the castle for intensive questioning to make sure that she actually didn't have any wings hidden on her back.

But God....God she would do anything just to be able to fly..just to...

Her heart skipped a beat, sending another flare of pain coursing through her chest and she wished that the pain would continue to grow so she could die before she even hit the ground.  She didn't want to feel that impact, she didn't want to imagine herself slowly dying in a pool of her own blood....

And then arms encircled her.  The same comforting arms that had protected her against her disease, had eased the pain that would have killed her only moments before.  Her heart still beat heavily in her chest, but her panic seemed to fade slightly, knowing that someone who cared for her was holding her...attempting to protect her from the terrible ground that loomed closer and closer.

Closing her eyes she tried to erase the image from her mind, the image of herself and Kacy landing on the ground in a broken, bloody heap.....Neither of them would survive and it was all her fault....every last bit.  If she had just stayed out of the situation...if she had...had...

The absence of force against her frail body had begun to take its toll and Eirene's mind grew fuzzy.  She could still feel the air rushing against them, gravity pulling them down to the earth, but any thoughts were instantly erased from her mind and she slowly sunk into darkness, fighting against it enough to figure out what that shape was that was plummeting after them....

And then there was an impact, but it wasn't nearly as bad as she imagined.

I'm...I'm alive... she thought silently before slumping in Kacy's grip and slipping off into a light unconsciousness once again....

Anonymous

Kacy's mind was invaded by this point.  There were too many things to focus on at once.  She had tremendous concern for little Eirene and then there was this beast...this horrible thing the claimed the unbelievable.  And then there was the blood rushing to her head as they fell to their supposed doom.  How was she going to save Eirene??  What of that creature and his lies??  He was still up there...what would he do to her??  Kacy closed her eyes tight and clenched her teeth in frustration as she embraced Eirene dearly and then something spiked.  She gasped at the sudden touch from someone...something...  Kacy's mind then went blank and she passed out as that thing grabbed them.  Before she left consciousness, the last think she could think of was 'No!...' and she shed a few tears, now helpless in his arms.

Anonymous

Tyldak stop in his stride away from the two to turn around and look them over one last time. It seems the fall had pushed them into an unconscious state. It's not safe to just leave them like that. With a sigh, Tyldak proceeds to walk back towards the two girls. He first stops at Kacy and crouches down to lift her up into his arms. That's odd. The pain in his arm is gone. Did it heal that fast? Just like his tail to have a mind of its own, it wraps itself around Eirene and lifts her form off the ground. All he could do was throw a scowl at it. Oh well, he had both of them. Finally, he outstreaches his wings and flaps them one great time to propel himself into the sky with the girls.

(OOC: Off to Serendipity, under "The Way of the Careless Assassin")