Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dark Confessions of a Night Gone Wrong - (Blue) - R

Started by Anonymous, August 31, 2006, 09:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hayate held his breath as Fai’s cold fingers touched him, causing a small shiver of nerves to travel throughout his body. Yet it was true, being this close to Faivish didn’t bother him anymore. He still was somewhat frightened, yes, but it felt kind of nice to just sit here next to someone and just talk without passing out or going into shock all the time because they were a good looking guy. Not that he didn’t have that with Rain also, but Rain well wasn’t what one would call attractive, and he rarely had time to just sit and talk to the guy, like how he was now with Fai.

Then oh boy here it comes, Hayate thought squeezing his eyes shut to the scolding he was going to get. Great, thanks Rain, Hayate thought when he heard about the money, but then he knew Fai was right. He had been sort of an ass, especially today. Slavery? Hayate blinked, confused. So Rain had told him who had beaten him up and cut his hair as well. Great, he thought as heat flooded his face. I feel like the world’s biggest idiot.

Then suddenly his eyes popping open in stunned amazement, he found himself being held by Fai, and he couldn’t help but rest his head slightly on the man’s shoulder as he held him. It felt…so nice. When had he ever been held like this before? He couldn’t remember, maybe never. Fai was glad he was alive? What the hell had gotten a hold of him? This wasn’t the man he had come to know. Just whom was this man holding him?

Hayate, the loss of my wings means very little to me if during it all they helped me to save you. Just...please don't throw yourself out of any more windows.

After a long moment of silence Hayate finally spoke up. “So, how are your…wings? They will grow back right? I mean,� Hayate sighed glancing over at Fai’s back, “they were sort of nice and all.� He smiled suddenly his eyes showing a brightness they hadn’t seen for quite a while. “If I had know you’d do that,� he said getting slightly upset, “I wouldn’t have jumped.� He shook his head and settled back down again, allowing his hands to rest in his lap.

“If I had beautiful wings like that, I would go anywhere, I wanted to,� he said looking up. “Be nice to just leave, get out of this…this…ah what am I saying,� he said waving the thought aside feeling ridiculous all of a sudden. Why in the world was he telling Fai this anyway? Not like the guy felt the same way as Hayate did kooked up in this place all the time.

“Well, what I really wanted to say was I’m sorry. I know that doesn’t mean much coming from me,� he said trying to lift his eyes to meet Fai’s once again, and failing. “But I mean it.� Then as if it hit him like a ton of bricks, “Wait, what do you mean failed me? Fai, you’re not making any sense!� he said becoming perturbed suddenly. “I…I don’t hate you,� he said. “You don’t have to leave!� he said standing up, not really wanting Fai to go.

This time he did stare at the man across from him and he wasn’t sure what he felt. And thank the gods the room was dark to hide the flush on his face. “I deserved what happened to me. They were right to…toâ€? â€"gods not that!â€" “beat me.

"I miss the hair, but I understand it in a way,� He forced the words out of his mouth. “I was wrong to hit you, I really don’t know what came over me when I attacked you. I just was so…angry. More angry with myself than you. Loosing my hair means nothing if there is no reason behind it. But it means something when you lose it for someone who means a lot to you. They did it because I hurt you. So, we’re even.�

Then as if the words were finally starting to sink in…

“You are talking about what happened today, right?� Hayate said his eyebrows coming together in what was unmistakably a frown. It almost sounded as if Fai knew…knew about…that night… But how? He and those three assholes who Faivish said he sold to the slave market were the only ones who…

“Wait, wait a minute,� Hayate said taking a page out of the old man’s book to test and see what Fai really did know. “Those…men told you what they did to me…several years ago, didn’t they?� Hayate finally did look at Fai this time, eyes hard as steel. He kept his emotions suddenly in check, knowing that Fai would have a hard time discerning Hayate’s intentions because usually Hayate’s emotions were out of control. Well damn it, not this time! He would look at Fai with controlled emotions to find out the truth, a sudden rage wanting to surface again at just the thought of someone knowing the truth about what those bastards had done to him...

Anonymous

Fai felt his back tighten painfully as Hayate asked about his wings. He was asking the exact same question Fai himself had been pondering over.
Would they ever grow back...?
He smiled alittle at Hayate's compliment, though he could see it, facing away toward the window as he was.
Still...it was nice to hear that from someone sincerely...
Or maybe he just liked the fact it was coming from Hayate.

"I don't know if they will grow back." And he chose not to address the last part about jumping. He'd have liked to think Hayate wouldn't have jumped either way, and the guilt that weighed on him for having driven Hayate to jump was oppressive.
He hadn't realized Hayate hated him that much...

Fai understood Hayate's words. Like a caged bird...Hayate was trapped. Just as Fai had always been trapped, trapped underground, trapped in the orphanage, and then trapped in brothel after brothel. Even when he left one, he always ended up in another, for it was all he thought he could do, all he knew how to do.
His future was stunted, and he still to this day did not know what he would do if and when he ever left the world of brothels.
So indeed, Fai did understand what Hayate meant.
"No, I understand..." He said softly, wondering if perhaps he could make Hayate's wish come true. Obviously it was easy...just release him of his debt.
Only petty chains kept Hayate here...

Surprised at his sudden outburst, Fai turned to face Hayate who was now standing.
"Alright, I won't leave..."
He complied, and was amazed at how much better he felt at knowing that Hayate didn't hate him.
He didn't hate him...
A small smile formed, but quickly fell away.
"No, they had no right!" He said with such vehemence, he surprised even himself. Trying to regain his cool, he simply shook his head at Hayate's words.
"No, no...no Hayate. Dammit, if it was something worth punishing I would have done it myself. And we're not even! There was never any getting even. I understand why you hit me, and I chose to let you hit me. I chose to jump after you. Those were my decisions Hayate, and I am the only one responsible for them."

Gritting his teeth, Fai for once was the one to look away. He crossed his arms, trying to find something of interest at the opposite wall as Hayate spoke, his sky blue hair falling around his shoulders.
He couldn't bring himself to look at Hayate, suddenly ashamed at having found such secret information from someone other than him.
"They raped you, and I wasn't there to stop it. I didn't know, I couldn't help...that's where I failed. I didn't protect you like I was supposed to."
On a sigh Fai sat on the windowsill, careful not to lean back for his cuts were still tender.
"I am sorry Hayate..."

Anonymous

Hayate stood facing the man, his false mask fading suddenly. He couldn’t keep up fake emotions for long. He tried to smile, but failed miserably and then just stared at the floor, trying with all his might to stare at the man across from him like it had been so easy to do before.

“Why would you allow me to hit you? What do you have to gain from that?

“I just don’t understand you Faivish,� Hayate said raising his head a little, yet allowing his eyes to fall to the side.

Damn him, just look him in the eyes damn it! How hard is that?

“You said you chose to jump after me, but I don’t believe you did that because I was an asset to your business. There’s something more to it, and that’s what I can’t understand.� Hayate said taking a few steps toward Fai almost wanting to run into his arms and he was alarmed at that sudden thought. He stopped just a reach away and looked back down at the floor, the shock of someone knowing that shameful night suddenly making him want to lash out at Fai. But no, a reasonable side questioned those motives. Why? What has Fai done to deserve this? He wasn’t the one who did it.

Why are you so angry with him? Damn these feelings! They are driving me crazy!

A cold chill made him tremble all of a sudden. “So, you really did know about that? I wasn’t sure or not if you knew.�

Hayate was silent for a good long minute, not really understanding anything he felt at this moment. He tried to hide these strange feelings, the pain, the anger, tried to push it deep down into a place where it would never show its ugly face again, but they would not leave him. Tears spilled down his face and he turned away quickly, his back to the other man not willing to let him see the emotion suddenly showing on his face. He held back a sniffle; arms folded across his chest and began to sob. “Protect me?� he almost laughed saying the words. “Why the hell would you want to do that, huh?�

(ooc: Sorry about the title, *dies laughing*)

Anonymous

Fai smiled alittle to himself.
"I don't understand myself sometimes..." He said softly, no more than a whisper. Honestly, he'd probably surprised and confused himself as much as he had Hayate today.
He'd always known Hayate was special to him, he just hadn't realized how special. All his coldness had been his natural front. Never get too attached, people come and go on the wind...
But he was attatched, he just didn't want Hayate, or anyone else, to know about it. He'd always treated Hayate differently, and had covered up with his mean teasing, his merciless ruling over Hayate's life.
And now it was coming back around to bite him, wasn't it?

As Hayate came forward, Fai turned his head slightly to look up at him, still perched stiffly on the windowsill.
"I never said you were an asset Hayate."
How cruel...as mean as he could be, people were still people. And Hayate above all was not an asset to him.
No...Hayate was probably the closest thing to a friend Fai had. Ironic, considering the other man didn't know it. Yes, his perceptions were twisted, but he'd never really made friends before.
He wasn't sure how to go about it.

The next words caused Fai to turn away again, for it was a sensitive subject for the both of them it would seem.
"I just found out today..." He responded, looking down at his hands. Hands that had delivered punishment to those boys for what they had done. But it still could not erase what had already passed...
Turning, Fai found Hayate's back facing him, and his words were sharp and bitter. Fai could only frown at that.
Of course Hayate wouldn't understand...

Fai stood wordlessly, took that few steps between them, and then draped his robe-covered arms over the boy.
The words he was about to say were so important, and so went against almost all of his actions. To post people, actions speak louder than words, but for Fai, words were everything.
"Because you are special to me Hayate."
He expected disbelief, he expected anger. He had never once shown Hayate anything that could mean he was special. But then, that was just Fai's way, and he could not apologize for being who he was.
But it seemed that now it was time to let Hayate know, whatever his reaction may be...

(Lmao, I loved it! XD)

Anonymous

“Faivish,� Hayate breathed as the man put his arms around him. His eyes were wide, misty, and slowly something inside began to crumble until all he knew, all he wanted was to stay like this forever. “Faivish,� Hayate said his name again, a yearning deep within his voice. “Special?� And for some strange reason his mind didn’t protest. “I…I believe you,� he said softly.

He couldn’t stand it anymore and turned around to face Faivish, his head coming to rest against Fai’s chest, his hands curled up before him. Eyes closed, Hayate just stood there, allowing Fai’s warmth to drive out all his ill feelings until all he felt, all he could feel was Faivish and nothing or no one else.

“I’m sorry,� he cried in the man’s arms, not caring how stupid or foolish he felt, surprised at his own body for accepting Fai, for allowing him to be this close and not black out. “I’m sorry for everything, I wish I could take it all back.�

What else could he do? What else could he want but this?

No, it can’t be true; I don’t…love him…

Suddenly Hayate pulled away from Fai, and looked at him straight in the eye. No, he couldn’t allow Fai to see these feelings he had for him. He just wasn’t ready to accept them, no he was sure he didn’t feel that way. It just wasn't possible to fall in love with someone in one day unless...it had been there all along. No, Hayate thought, not possible...no way. I'm just...fond of him that's all because we've been together for so long, yeah that's what these feelings are.

Yet Hayate was not one for hiding his feelings well and everything he felt for Fai showed easily on his face.

He rubbed the back of his head, chuckling softly and said, “Well, guess it’s okay knowing and all. I mean…yeah well…thanks...for the hug and all.�

Thanks for the hug and all? he repeated to himself. Yeah, way to go Hayate!

He grimiced and gave Fai a weak smile, mostly because Hayate was sure Fai knew he really didn't know what to say at the moment. He just rather not dwell on anything painful. There was too much going on as it was to think about some ugly event. He could deal with those anger issues later. Right now his mind was focused on why he had kissed Fai time and time again today. Was Fai even thinking about that? Did he remember?

"Umm, by the way, how much do you remember...from you know...when we were outside and all?" He blushed slightly.

He was just suddenly scared at realizing the way he felt. A part of him wanted to get burned in Fai’s arms while another side wanted to run away and not look back. He was hoping Fai said he remembered every kiss, everything he told him while Fai was laying there bleeding in his arms, yet it was frightening waiting for what Fai would say. Damn, this guy was just unpredictable!

What in the world would he do? He didn’t know what to do! He looked at Fai with that same question in his eye, hoping, no praying maybe deep down inside of Fai, perhaps the man could understand exactly how he felt. After all, Hayate thought as he remembered kissing Fai earlier. Did he know?

Anonymous

A distinct shiver ran down Fai's spine at the very way his own name came off of Hayate's tongue. Why was he saying his name like that...?
He could have handled anger or disbelief, but this...
Fai blinked down at Hayate, holding him against his sore chest when he turned.
Bending alittle, Fai let his cheek rest against the top of the crying boy's head, holding him alittle closer to let him know he was there.
"It's alright Hayate...don't regret..."
There was nothing they could do about what had already happened, so there was no use in dwelling over it. Especially not now, not at so raw a moment...

Then Hayate was pulling away, and Fai had to let him go or risk hurting his bruised body. It was the look on his face though that made Fai's heart skip a beat.
That look...
No, no...Hayate did not have that written all over his face...
He couldn't...
Fai gulped, knowing full well Hayate could hide nothing, and also knowing full well just what he must be feeling right then. His own reddish brown eyes widened slightly in his face, his mouth gone suddenly dry.

That was love on his face, and Fai was suddenly at a loss for what to do with so delicate an emotion.

Chuckling slightly in time with Hayate, Fai rubbed the back of his head slightly. He wasn't used to be awkward like this...
It made him feel offbalanced and vulnerable.

Hayate's question didn't make it any better.

What did he remember...? He remembered the pleading end of Hayate's speech, remembered the kisses, the relief that showed through on the boy's face.
Shifting, Fai crossed his arms rather tightly, managing a slight, if not strained, smile.
"I remember...your pleading with me not to die...your happiness that I was alive..."
His grin grew alittle, some of his old personality showing through.
"And I remember all those kisses."

Dammit, now it was obvious to him how Hayate must feel. Some part of him wanted to call him on it, to just come out and ask Hayate if he was in love with him.
But he couldn't bring himself to do it.
Besides, what would he say if the same question were turned onto him...?
Shit.

Unable to find the words, and unable to walk away, Fai elected for choice number three. Reaching out, he took Hayate's arm and pulled him close.
"Come here Hayate, I want to hold you."
And maybe then he'd be able to figure out what to do with this love-struck boy...
Actually, one thing immediately cropped up. He wanted to sleep with him.
No, not like that!
Fai was exhausted, and it showed around his eyes, and in the way his shoulders drooped when usually they were straight and proud. He actually just wanted to lay with Hayate, to fall asleep with him.
He didn't know why, but the thought called strongly to him.
Of course, he doubted Hayate would be particularly willing to have Fai share his bed in any way, shape, or form.

Anonymous

“Oh, is that so?� Hayate said shaking his head as if trying to decide on something. “So…so…�

Inside he was jumping up and down for joy. Yes! Yes!

Wait a minute!

So…he remembered.

Hayate must have sounded like a broken record. “Oh, is that so?� he repeated in that singsong type of way. “Ah, so…oh, okay.�

Hayate started suddenly as he felt himself pulled against his will back into Fai’s arms and this time his body could not lie. He let his hands fall to Fai’s waist, really wanting to throw his arms around him, yet knowing that would probably hurt the crap out of him. He just couldn’t get the fact that Fai remembered all those damn kisses.

So…he remembered. No big deal. The whole brothel pretty much knew there was something going on between them. Wait, but there wasn’t! The first time had been an accident dammit! What the hell was he playing at? I know that Faivish smile, Hayate thought narrowing his eyes. He's toying with me again!

Bastard.

That’s when Hayate reacted suddenly and pushed away from Fai again.

Then the old Hayate was suddenly back throwing a hand out to Fai like a crazed lunatic, fangs showing and all. “Ha, like I would kiss you on purpose!â€? he lied.He spit a little. He realized his lip was swollen, but that didn't matter. He could feel the blood rushing to his ears as he looked at that smiling good for nothing, took advantage of me bastard...and blushed to the very tip of his ears and said, “Remember all those kisses, huh?  Yeah you would remember something like that…I was just…freaked out is all…thought it might wake you up.â€? Oh come on, even you wouldn’t believe that you fraud!

"I'm going to bed, goodnight," he said suddenly going over to his bed and sulking, still red in the face. Well, he was the one who asked him!

(ooc: I about died when Fai thought about sex, lmao)

Anonymous

Fai had no idea what in the world Hayate was trying to say. It was rather amusing though, and Fai chuckled softly to himself.
Another slight surprise washed over him as Hayate did not put up a fight for the second time in a row. He knew that Hayate's hands were on his waist to avoid his cut up back, and though he too would have preferred Hayate to hold him, he knew it would hurt like hell if he did.
He himself also had to be gentle, for Hayate had his far share of cuts and bruises.

This was like deja vu...

Hayate had once again pulled away, only this time his reaction was far different. All he could do was blink blankly at him, his arms still hovering in the air a bit.
Mood swing much?
What ever was he going to do with this boy...
Finally he just laughed, letting his arms drop.
"Of course I remembered your kisses. I do work in a brothel after all, and you are very good at it..."
He couldn't help but tease, those his voice was gentle. He was teasing for the sake of doing so, not because he was trying to get under Hayate's skin.

He knew he was going to have to be persistant. He couldn't just let Hayate turn away and sulk.
Smiling, Fai calmly followed Hayate to the bed.
"Mm, sleeping sounds like a fine idea. Care to make room?"
Oh yes, he honestly had just asked to sleep in the same bed as Hayate.
Buuuut he had a good excuse all planned out for when Hayate freaked out and said no!
He would sleep with Hayate tonight (no, not like that!).

Anonymous

Hayate nodded apparently agreeing with Hayate when he said he was good at kissing. Of course he was! His favorite pastime was kissing. He just liked to kiss a lot.

Aha! There was his answer! He just liked the feel of kissing people! He didn’t have feelings for Fai, he just liked the feeling of his lips…he smiled and suddenly stopped and stared at Fai’s lips again…shit…those lips, he thought looking away realizing he was staring at Fai’s mouth again. Damn he just liked kissing those lips…

Oh man he must be a weirdo!

Hayate gave Fai a sudden look of disgust, not really because it was a bad idea, but because it just shocked the hell out of him. “Get your own bed!� Hayate said jumping away from him suddenly, his back hitting the wall. Ouch, that hurt, and his face showed it. “I’m sleeping…ALONE,� he said narrowing his eyes.

(ooc: Short and sweet. Sorry)

Anonymous

Fai blinked a few times. "Lord Hayate, don't hurt yourself!" There was pure, genuine worry in his voice, and he was half way to reaching out for him when he regained his composure. Right, right...old Hayate is poking through.
Grinning alittle, Fai crossed his arms again.
He had known Hayate was going to say no, but Fai had a good reason for sharing the bed.
Aside from the perfectly good reason that he wanted to share his bed.

"I would Hayate, but my bed happens to be covered in bloody sheets. We've gone through so many sheets today, I highly doubt there are any left."
Walking forward, Fai calmly sat himself on the edge of the bed.
He was surprised to find that even when he was not trying to be mean, teasing Hayate was just as fun.
And besides, now he was doing it to give their relationship some semblance of normalcy. After all that had happened, he wasn't entirely sure of himself anymore, and neither was Hayate.
They needed to fall into some old routine before either of them went out of their minds.

"And I can't share with anyone else. I know that only with my prudish Hayate will I not be kept up all night." Prudish, that nearly made him laugh. His lips twitched, the lips Hayate seemed to like kissing so much, but he managed to keep it at just a calm grin.
"Honestly though Hayate, my bed is a mess, and I'm too tired to try anything tonight anyway. Please let me share?"
Woah, he had actually honestly asked Hayate using the word please and everything.
Then again, he was dead tired, and he was having trouble just maintaining the smile on his face, the exhaustion pulling around his eyes.
Gods he wanted to sleep...
And who would be a better teddy bear right now than Hayate?

Anonymous

“Oh,� Hayate said looking away suddenly feeling stupid. He wasn’t one to turn down someone in need, right?

And what a need Hayate secretly thought. Something about this was…exciting.

Down boy…

Hayate didn’t really reply, just scooted over a little until he was close to the wall, and allowed Fai to have the other side. The weight on the bed shifted and it took all Hayate’s reserve not to start giggling like a young girl. He grinned instead and quickly thought about something else so he wouldn’t be so excited…about this. Wow, he felt like a kid again. He would be able to be close to Fai all night long, close to someone warm again. The thought made him absolutely giddy. Anything could happen he realized. Maybe he should sleep the other way in case his lips accidently went after Fai in the middle of the night, but he doubted Fai wanted to see his feet first thing in the morning...

“Prude?� Hayate said rolling over onto his side facing Fai. He was going to roll away from him, but he didn’t feel like smelling the strong scent of wood all night long. “Fine, just keep your hands to yourself,� he said grabbing an extra pillow that was down by his feet and laying it there for Fai. With his own pillow he scooted a little more back some, with a sort of owl-eyed, unblinking expression on his face that said yeah, I’m watching ya you perv…

Anonymous

Well, that had been far easier than he had originally thought.
His smile grew a little, and he went to lay down. Freezing, he remembered his back, and so flipped, laying on his stomach. He even kept his robe on for Hayate's sake, though it was a tad bit more uncomfortable than sleeping in the nude.
Oh well, he was trying to be good here!
The less temptation, the better.

Fai yawned, but the smile was still there as Hayate repeated him.
"Yes, prude. Toward me anyway." He grinned and winked, catching the pillow and happily cuddling with it under his head.
"Hands officially to myself."
And he hid them under the pillow, still grinning with one eye open.
The eyebrow of said eye arched then when he realized he was going to be watched, and he laughed before shifting and turning the other way.
"Alright, alright, I'll be good."
He yawned again, unable to hide the fact that he was indeed exhausted.
"Goodnight Hayate."
And he made no mention of Hayate being good throughout the night, just in case the boy got tempted.
He could put off a few hours of sleep if need be!

Anonymous

Goodnight Hayate.

For some time Hayate watched Fai sleep. Wanting so much to touch his hair, kiss that pretty little head of his, but he held himself back not wanting to disturb Fai in his sleep. He really needed it after all.

After what seemed to be an eternity he rolled over onto his back with his hands behind his head, the day’s events too heavy on him for sleep.

So what had happened?

Forgiven. Yes, Faivish had forgiven him for what he did to him. Allowed him to strike him? That didn’t make sense. But his next statement did. He was…special. Special to Fai. He didn’t know anyone else who was and just thinking of that made his eyes soften. He almost felt at peace just knowing that, just knowing someone actually cared more for him than just his body.

"Hayate, the loss of my wings means very little to me if during it all they helped me to save you. Just...please don't throw yourself out of any more windows."

He…saved me.

That was the next thought that kept Hayate awake watching the shadows of the night creep and crawl above him on the ceiling. His heart actually skipped a beat as he relived those moments: Falling from the window, the shock as Fai had followed him down, shielding Hayate from the ground and an early death, being able to hold Fai in his arms, knowing Faivish would live...

Near tears formed in his eyes thinking about poor Faivish and how he just lay there covered in broken glass, blood pouring from his backside. He had lost his wings. Hayate knew he would always feel responsible for that, he could never let it down the fact it was him who ruined such a precious thing. Even though Faivish seemed to not care that much it had happened, because, becauseâ€"

You are special to me, Hayate.

He threw a hand over his eyes, as if the world was watching him and he didn’t want to be seen. He didn’t want to come into the light, for it just would show every detail of his dark soul. This dark soul who had hurt Faivish so many times. He held back a sob as their conversation drifted through his memory. Sorry? Faivish had apologized to him, as if he had hurt Hayate a great deal. Fai blamed himself for what happened to him all those years ago, and even though Hayate knew he had in time healed and forgotten about that rape, a piece of it still lingered inside him that made him angry and miserable all the time, and here he had been taking it out of Fai all these years.

And then the emotions hit him all at once and Hayate had to cover his face with his pillow to muffle the cries that tore from his chest. That was exactly what he couldn’t understand, but it was true. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew it was true, Faivish had always treated him better than even his equals, always protecting Hayate in some way even though his cold shell of a person always acted otherwise, tormenting Hayate every chance he got. Faivish had always been the one who would step in, protect Hayate. Even with all the pranks, all the trouble Hayate brought to Fai's world, it was Fai who stepped in and took responsibility, keeping Hayate from being hurt by anyone else, or sold to the slave market himself. Faivish could have sold him a long time ago to get his money back, but the older man didn’t. He wasn’t…he just wasn’t as cruel as Hayate thought him to be. And here his Faivish was blaming himself for what happened all those years ago…

Well it was true Hayate thought taking the pillow from his face, suddenly calm now. Hayate had been the one who blamed Fai for that event in his life. Hayate had transferred all the hate and shame onto Fai, and did everything he could to make Faivish’s life a living hell, just because he couldn’t deal with all the emotions tearing at his soul from that night.

Hayate suddenly coming to grips with a lot of untamed emotions in him turned to watch Fai, a hand gently coming to sweep a strand of hair from his face.

"Oh, how I’ve hurt you,� he whispered. He removed his hand looking away, sitting up slowly as not to disturb Fai. “And yet, you’ve forgiven me,� Hayate whispered again into the night.

I have failed you…I tried to keep you away from harm, even if I now realize my own actions caused you to hate me…I should have stopped it from ever happening...

“‘No,� Hayate whispered leaning down to plant a kiss on Fai’s forehead. “You didn’t fail me. You kept me from destroying myself. I'll always love you for that.�

Hayate looked to his window, which was facing the opposite end of the bed and to the moon hanging in the sky. He realized with sudden frustration, there was one thing left to do. One thing that needed closure.

Slowly, he crawled out over Fai and out of the bed, an ache forming in his stomach from all the bruises. He grabbed a slip of paper just in case Fai woke up in the middle of the night and found him missing and wrote, “Went to see Lydia.� He paused for a moment, looked at Fai and then continued to write, “I’ll be back. Promise.� Then he walked over to Faivish's bedside and leaned down to kiss him on the head again. "I promise," he whispered into Faivish's ear.

Moving the curtain aside at his doorway he started suddenly spotting Rain fast asleep by his feet. He stepped over his friend and smiled realizing Rain must have come to try to protect him it seems. The boy was asleep and Hayate quietly made his way down the stairs.

Yes, I'll be back Faivish, I promise.

After all there was so much to be said, so much that needed to happen before Hayate could move on…

After some time of walking in the middle of the night, loosing his way only once and finding the main road, he spotted the dark figure of Lydia just up ahead, waiting for him. She had a single torch in her hand and waved him over when she heard him coming.

“Hayate,� she breathed and he could have sworn her eyes were full of light, full of hope.

Shit.

“Are you ready?� she asked and took his hand and began walking.

How long he walked with her, following her away from this place he did not know. His mind was numb, the frail hand he held so fragile and warm in his. Yet, it just didn’t feel the same anymore. He walked on, and on, not really knowing why he wasn’t going back, why he wasn’t saying anything, why he wasn’t keeping his promise to his beloved Faivish, when she suddenly stopped and looked back at him.

“What’s the matter Hayate?�

Hayate looked up meeting her eyes and tears lingered nearby, not wanting to fall.

“I…I can’t go with you Lydia. I…don’t want to leave. Not now.�

She looked suddenly angry. “Why not?� she said making her way over to him. “I thought you loved me?�

“Lydia,� Hayate said gently grabbing her shoulders. “Listen to me. You deserve someone who isn’t broken like I am. Hell you don’t even know me, know my past. Everything you know about me is just something I made up so you could like me. Lydia, the thing is…I don’t love you."

Silence.

“I know,� Lydia said, her eyes suddenly cold. Something Hayate had never seen before on her pretty little face. “You love what you cannot have Hayate. And that is not me, but my freedom.�

Hayate stood open mouth staring at her. What was going on? How could she have known?

“Ok guys, I brought him here like I said I would,� she suddenly said and out of the shadows strong hands grabbed Hayate and threw him down to the ground.

“Lydia? Lydia!� Hayate screamed looking up at her. She stared down at him, and for the first time Hayate realized he was seeing her for what she truly was.

“I’m sorry I’m going to have to take that freedom away from you Hayate. What little you have. You see,� she said and she looked over her shoulder as Jael, Sae and Tatu stepped from the dark, showed themselves, wicked grins on each of their faces, “I run an underground slave market, and these fine men here bargained their own freedom trading yours in their place. They were right. You will fetch a higher price with your sexual skills than all three of them combined. So you see, Hayate. I’m not the person you thought I was.�

Hayate was frozen to his very core, like someone had planted a large block of ice in his stomach. His eyes darted to Jael, Sae, and Tatu and Hayate had to look away because he barely recognized them. It looked like someone had smashed their faces in. They were...hideous, hunched over not fully coming into the light of Lydia's torch so Hayate could see what happened to them. He would have wondered who had done that to them, but his mind was millions of miles away trying to make sense of the situation he found himself in.

“I don't understand!" he yelled at her. " Why Lydia? Why?�

She stopped and stared at him, her face a perfect mask of cruelty. “Oh, I wanted to take you the first night we met, but I knew it would be much easier if I just let you fall in love with me. Then you would be willing to run away. You would do all the work for me. And well you’re here now, so I guess I’ve won Hayate,� she said taking out a large sack of money and handing to some stranger Hayate did not recognize.

“Take this up to Peaches and Cream Brothel. To a man named Faivish. He’ll be wondering where his boy is. Tell him...someone has paid Hayate’s debt off, and give him this. Tell him the boy willingly left with her. Tell Faivish,� Lydia said with a smile and for the first time Hayate understood what cruelty really looked like, “Tell Faivish that Hayate is happy now.�

Turning to Sae, Tatu, and Jael she nodded and they handed to her a large chest that rattled as if it carried money, buying their freedom with what little they had and Hayate almost lost it, feeling his stomach turn inside out, his bowels turned to liquid.

Hayate could only stare at her in horror as the sun began to rise to meet the new day above her head. How long had he been out? Hours? How far was he from the brothel? It was already morning and damn him for not going back at once like he had promised. He had meant to break it to her gently and to return as quick as he could, back into that warm bed, back into the arms that promised so much love and protection.

Damn him, he shouldn’t have come!

He screamed suddenly as he was thrown into a cage-like structure attached to a covered wagon. “Faivish!� he screamed, but it was cut short as someone threw a bag over his head and shackled his hands and feet together. Then he felt the cart moving, further and further away from the one man he didn’t want to leave. Further away from the only one who had ever in his whole life truly cared for him. Damn him Hayate thought falling to the floor of the prison he was in as the wagon took off down the road. He shouldn’t have left Faivish’s side!

(ooc: Damn, this is getting GOOD. Don't know where that came from, but damn...

Speeding up the night. Fai can be awake during all that btw, it just seems to Hayate that Fai is asleep.  :wink: I think I want to have Hayate not found for a while. What ya think?

SERIOUSLY EDITED POST)

Anonymous

What is love?

Do you know Fai? Do you know what it is?

...No.

Why not?

I don't know what it is...

Because you've never loved someone before?

Yes...

Because nobody has loved you before?

Yes...

Why not?

I...I don't know! I don't know why!!

Because your mother didn't love you.

No...she put me in the orphanage...

Those women thought you were pretty.

They didn't love me...I was just an item...

What about all those people who have been in your bed?

They just leave after it's over...Nobody is ever permanent. Why should I try if they are just going to leave?

What about Hayate? You kept him.

...I don't know.

Answer me Faivish.

Don't say that...I hate my name...why couldn't my mother have named me?

Fai.

...I like that better.

What about Hayate? Why him? Why did you keep him?

I...wanted to...protect him...

Why?

He's...special to me.

How special?

I would die for him...I almost did.

Why?

He needs someone! He's...like me in a way. A brothel worker...I wanted to protect him...

But you kept him there with your debt.

...I...I didn't...

What is it Fai?

I didn't want him to leave me!

...Fai?

What?

You're in love Fai.

With a gasp Fai awoke, the morning sun just peeking into the room. Sighing, Fai let his eyes close and rolled onto his back, surprised when the pain was naught but a dull throb. That medicine...

Damn. He hated having dreams like that, hated being drilled by his own subconcious.
Love...
Was that possible...? Was that it...?
He turned to look at Hayate, to see what stirred in him when his eyes came upon his face.
"Hayate??"

He sat bolt upright, ignoring the protest in his battered body, looking around frantically. How could he have slept through that?? Hayate had to climb over him just to get out of bed!
Damn!
Throwing his legs over the side of the bed, Fai stood, and noticed then the scrap of paper. Picking it up, he read the words a few times.
He went to see Lydia? Ah, the girl...
I'll be back. Promise.
"So where are you...?" He said softly, folding the paper up and keeping it in hand as he went to throw open the curtain to Hayate's room.

There was a dark feeling in the pit of his stomach, a feeling of forboding. He tried to bury it. Hayate could be downstairs eating for all he knew. Just because he wasn't still in his room didn't mean anything had happened to him.
But then again...
Dammit, why couldn't he shake this feeling???

Anonymous

Rain made his way quietly upstairs; looking behind him to the stranger that followed him. He was quite sure he had seen this man somewhere before, but where? Oh who knows, people come and go all the time, right? Rain wasn’t quite paying attention, disturbed by something that had happened to him the previous day as he was sending those three, “stooges� off to the slave foreman.

The foreman had been that woman. The same one Hayate had been going off to see.

How did Rain know?

Well, Rain thought with a little grin…I always follow Hayate, everywhere.

Except not last night. He didn’t know why he didn’t follow Hayate. His friend had gotten up in the middle of the night to do something, yet Rain didn’t move from his spot because he had been sleepy of all things! And here he had been trying to protect him! He should have followed him he thought cringing. That’s why he really wasn’t sure if he should tell master Faivish (he didn’t want to get slapped because he wasn’t doing his duty) or to go off and try find Hayate on his own.

Finally reaching the top stair Rain paused before heading over to Hayate’s room and throwing the curtain (door) open.

“Oh, sorry master Faivish,� Rain said lowering his eyes. “But ah…� He paused as the large man stood by the doorway waiting to be introduced. “This man claims he has something of yours.� His eyes darted up to glance at Fai and then he backed out of the room, allowing the stranger to enter, closing the curtain behind him. Should he tell master Faivish about the woman yesterday?

Did it really matter?

Yes it mattered!

He was going to go nuts if Hayate didn’t come back soon!

Well, it could wait, and I could go search for Hayate. He’s probably somewhere inside the brothel.

Or not knowing him.

Rain pressed his small body against the wall outside in the hallways so he could listen in on their conversation…

“You Faivish?’ the gruff looking man said motioning to Fai with a nod of the head.

“Well, my lady said to give you this.� He threw the bag of money onto the floor suddenly without giving Fai a chance to say anything.

It was a rather large bag, with more than enough funds to pay off the debt the stranger realized. This whore wouldn’t know what to do with so much money, and forget about the stupid boy so his lady could sell him and make triple that was owed here. Yes this had been a complicated dealing since the boy did owe this guy money, but she said she would make more than enough to cover the boy’s debt and have plenty funds to split among them all after he was sold. He was just too pretty to pass up.

Dumb whores, the man thought narrowing his eyes at Fai.

“It’s about the boy what’s his name…oh yeah Hayate. Said here is the money he owes you for his debt he built up. She wanted to pay his debt off for him and take him with her to Connlaoth.�

The stranger paused as if contemplating his next few words. “The boy willingly left with her. And Hayate also sends a message to you: He wants to tell you he’s happy now and don’t worry about him, he's being treated, well,� the man added the last words there for a little flair proud of himself he remembered all that. “Seemed very happy he did to be free of this god-forsaken place,� the man said suddenly looking at the room with mild disgust. “Is it to your satisfaction? May I go now?"

The man suddenly left the room in a rush not giving Fai the chance to respond.

Rain jumped into action and rushed into the room where Fai was without waiting and said, "Want me to follow him?" a sneaky gleam in his eye.

Anonymous

Blinking, Fai looked down at Rain as he entered. Well, if there was someone who would probably know where Hayate was, it was him...
Of course, that was put on hold as a rather gruff looking man entered. Fai immediately felt his back tense alittle, and he crossed his arms, placing that perfectly calm smile on his face.
So practiced, so perfect.
"Yes, I'm Faivish."

His lady...? He blinked at the bag of what were presumably coins. He frowned softly, which did nothing to mar the beauty of his face. Upon tilting his eyes back up at the man, he caught that look.
It was one he knew well.
A look of disgust.
Huh, as if this man had any right to judge...

His attention perked at the name. Hayate??? He struggled to keep his surprise and confusion off of his face. Dammit, what was the meaning of all this?? His debt repaid? By who? Who the hell was this lady??
Connlaoth??

Fai's pretend smile hardened as the man continued. Happy? Willingly?
Somebody was lying.
Either it was Hayate in his note, or it was this man.
Sadly, Fai didn't know which.
Damn...

Nodding slightly at the man, he watched as he rushed out. Hayate had lied before. Would he lie now? No...why would he go through the trouble of writing him a note if he was just going to leave with....
Her! Lydia?? Was that who he meant? His lady...Hayate went to go see Lydia...
Dammit, unless that was a lie as well.
Frustrated, Fai jumped alittle at Rain's sudden reappearance.

Follow him...?
Damn damn damn!
Clenching his teeth, Fai rubbed at the bridge of his nose, trying to collect his thoughts. It was worth investigating...
Something just didn't feel right about this whole thing.
"Alright Rain, hurry, but be careful. Don't try anything stupid!"

Connlaoth...was he speaking the truth??
Sweeping from Hayate's room, Fai went quickly to his own. He dug about in his armoire before tugging out some of the few normal sets of clothes he owned. He really didn't care at this point what he was wearing, as long as he blended in enough to be able to follow after Rain and that strange man.
He threw on a pair of black slacks and a white button-up shirt, tugged a pair of brown boots on, and quickly brushed his hair into a horsetail with his fingers.
Faster, faster!
He scribbled out a note to Peach and left it at his desk before practically bolting from his room, long legs carrying him with all due speed down the stairs and out the door.

After catching someone who had seen Rain leave, he followed after in the same direction, running and dodging through people as quickly as he could. Everytime someone bumped into him, he had to suck in air to keep from groaning. All those bruises...they had grown tender overnight. He had seen himself while changing. Big purplish blue and black splotches littered his body.
He hadn't seen his back, but it felt better, so he could only assume his cuts were healing. And his face...there was a big bruise that spread across his jaw and chin.
Well, he wasn't out here to look pretty, he was out here to find Hayate!
He just hoped that he'd be able to catch sight of Rain...

Anonymous

Chains rattled in the silence that followed as Hayate shifted from his hanging position. It had been some time now since the wagon had stopped because of a broken wheel, and he had been dumped out of his cage unceremoniously onto the ground, and dragged into what he figured was some sort of stable. The chains were thrown over him so they could hang him up by the arms, his face facing the stable door. He was stripped of all his clothing, wiped down with a wet cloth and then rubbed down with some sweet scented oil. The fact that Lydia was doing this herself almost made him want to cry as he looked away from her touching him all over the place.

Hayate noticed his own body first. He was still bruised all over however thankfully that elven paste stuff had made him a lot more conformable. His hair had been washed, trimmed and cleaned, clothes suddenly changed after Lydia got done with him; now he was wearing some strange all blue garment, some sort of pants and tunic that showed his shoulders and arms, and soft leathery blue boots. She had even gone as far as placing a stupid dangly hoop earring in his ear, but he soon realized it was just something that marked him as a slave.

The next thing he noticed were his surroundings oddly enough. The place stunk, yet it was barren as if the previous owners had abandoned it. He figured they were a few miles now from the brothel, but he wasn’t quite sure, and Lydia who used to be to him someone so open and honest had told him nothing of where he was going so far.

The door to the stable was slightly ajar and Hayate could hear her cussing to someone who was apparently not following orders. Hayate figured the next stop would be his last because she’d probably want to get rid of him quickly in case his leaving was thought of as strange. After all he did leave that note.

Faivish…

Hayate blinked looking up suddenly wishing he had said something more than, “I’ll be back� on the note, perhaps more details of why he was leaving. All he had wanted to do was find closure, but now he was hanging here like a piece of meat ready to be slaughtered by several he was sure lawless customers.

He shifted slightly, pain shooting through his arms as he hung there, his toes barely touching the ground. He had to strain to hold himself up because if he dangled there for too long the pain would begin again, the same pain he felt for the last hour that struck his shoulders from being hung up by both wrists. And damn his sprained wrist. The pain was too much to bear.

“Ah, so you’re finally awake, huh?� Her voice trailed off as Hayate looked up and found that bitch facing him, a staff in her hand. “This here,� she said running her hands over the smooth surface of her wooden staff, “is in case you get out of line Hayate. And we don’t want that, now do we?�

“Won’t get much for me with any more bruises.�

“Not if they are on your pretty little head.�

Hayate grinned suddenly underneath his long blonde bangs and brought up a knee to kick the blasted thing out of her hands, but not before spitting on her.

Wide eyed and furious, Lydia picked up her staff and brought it down quickly over his head.

The next thing he knew…he was back asleep…

“See, told you.�

"Alright Rain, hurry, but be careful. Don't try anything stupid.�

Rain saluted Fai and then took off running down the servant’s back way until he was running passed the bathhouse and out the back door and outside.

He was fast because of his small size, maybe that is why he was so good at tracking and following people. Heck maybe one day he realize, he could make a good job out of it! But oh who would want to hire a spy? he thought laughing to himself. And anything was great as long as he was near Hayate.

He made his way through his usual trail that would wind around the brothel and to the main road instead of taking the main road itself. He ended up starting suddenly hiding behind a bush as the stranger came riding slowly his way. Good, the man on horseback wasn’t going at full speed and he would be easy to follow. He half expected Fai to follow the man as well and so began to follow slowly creeping his way along the side trail until the man came to the fork in the road and headed west. Good, good enough information. And so he waited until the man took the next path tucked up a bit on a hill, and crawled out of his hiding space, standing in the middle of the main road.

Now all that was left to do was wait for Fai who he sure was already on his way following the man as well. He had a good hunch about it, so he looked behind him to see if he could spot him already.

Memories he had long forgotten returned. Hayate was no longer the grown man, but a small frail little boy. With such strong jade green eyes and flowing golden hair that more than often landed him in trouble with the other boys in his home town. His hand was so much smaller the child realized, as the child clasped that hand onto another much older hand, touched by time.

The woman who stood beside him, so tall and so frail it looked as though she might shatter if she even breathed stared out to sea. Yet there was power and grace and wisdom in her eyes that she turned to him. And suddenly her cold hard stare softened, as did her smile.

“Hayate, do you know why I’ve brought you here?�

“Inuinana,� Hayate said, which translated, “Great Grandmother� her people’s language.

The boy known as Hayate looked up to his grandmother with her white flowing hair spilling down her back, her gentle eyes, the soft curve of her lip. There was warmth in her, yet also a coldness that Hayate would never come to understand or know. Why she kept herself at such a distance from him Hayate couldn’t understand. All he wanted was just for her to hold him, and kiss him, tell him he was loved, but as it was with her people, they had no need for such a thing.

Hayate cried suddenly and she strengthened the hold on his little hand.

“No boy, do not shed any tears. There is always a time for tears, but now is not that time. You must listen to me Hayate,� she said kneeling down to face him. “You must forget this moment, forget me, forget where your ancestry lies. Live your life and do not look back, do not remember what I’ve taught you.�

“Inui?� he said but she put a finger to his lips and shook her head.

“No, you must never speak theâ€"silenceâ€"language again, is that clear?â€?

Hayate came back to the present, head cleared as his memory of his grandmother returned to him. Why hadn’t he remembered after all this time? Remembered her. Why did he allow all his teaching to be pushed back into the depths of his mind and forgotten?

Teachings?

He didn’t quite understand.

He woke as one obtaining knowledge, one who for some reason just didn’t feel afraid all of a sudden. He looked up at Lydia, his eyes icy, lifeless, distant as his grandmother’s had been that day and whispered to her, “Khlo’teri-ghem. Ja’vyurlium’O.�

Lydia spun around. “What did you say?�

Hayate stared at her again, harder this time, the jade of his eyes changing until they became deep green pools of liquid.

He said again, almost as a whisper, “Khlo’teri-ghem. Ja’vyurlium’O.�

Then he began to speak to Lydia, forming words that he did not understand, could not interpret. The words kept on coming, as if he were giving birth to them inside his chest. They rolled about, dancing along his skin, setting fire to his stomach. Hotter and hotter they continued coming, he continued repeating the same words over and over to again not caring to stop at the look of horror and shock on her face. Then suddenly the words took shape, into a single form and burned along his arms until they reached his hands and the chains holding him up began to glow faint, and he didn’t think about escape, didn’t think about any words that had been said, thought nothing but the pouring of these foreign words that took him over.

“Khlo’teri-ghem. Ja’vyurlium’O…�

“Khlo’teri-ghem. Ja’vyurlium’O…�

“Stop it!� Lydia screamed lifting her staff from the floor and swinging it across his midsection.

The words stopped and Hayate’s eyes dimmed as he swung around in the air. The words stopped and suddenly the knowledge seemed to disappear and all he knew was pain all along his belly.

Trembling, Lydia backed away from the boy until her back hit the front door of the stable. She reached behind her, fumbling with the lock until the door gave way and she tumbled outside by the feet of her companions. Standing she tried to compose herself and turned to them bellowing out orders. “You! Post another guard here! I want this boy guarded at all times!�

“Lady?�

“Just do it!� She screamed.

She turned and stalked away suddenly, hands shaking, mind reeling at what she had just witnessed, and then suddenly as it all made sense she stopped and began to softly laugh.

Why Hayate, you endless source of secrets. So, you have some ]elven blood in you?

“Good,� she said grinning suddenly, making her way over to a small little stage that had been built haphazardly near the river.

“I can’t believe you are part elf,� she said talking to herself, rolling over the new information in her head. “And all this time you didn’t tell your beloved Lydia anything.�

She made a soft sound and folded her arms across her chest. Yes, this was a good turn of events. Now she had something, someone that would fetch an even higher price than before. To have a boy so young with so much experience under him already and also…elven blood in him. Hell it might just be a little, but it was enough to send her toppling back in alarm.

But something wasn’t right. She had recognized some of the speech as odd, yes perhaps elven, because what else could it be? Yet, there was something dangerous in his words, something that still caused a shiver to remain along her skin. As if Hayate was reaching out to strangle her.

Ah, what nonsense, she thought doing away with her knew wondering, and suddenly looked back at her men and threw a staff to them. “If the boy gives you any trouble, hit him with this.�

Hayate watched her go, not quite sure what had gotten into him, not quite sure what the hell he just had said right now. It frightened him, but what was worse was he also didn’t know how much time had passed. He was completely alone, yet outside he could hear shuffling as if a large crowd was gathering. No, it couldn’t be possible? He thought they had just made a quick stop for repairs, but this run down little whatever it was called couldn’t be where she would be selling him off? So soon?

It couldn’t be true? he thought with a shake of his head. He gasped suddenly remembering that Lydia had knocked him over the head.

As if all his fears were suddenly manifesting themselves today, the door to the stable opened, bringing along with it bright sunlight that blinded him and several armed men who looked ready to take him to his next destination.

“Well, well, time to go lover boy,� Lydia said walking over to him slowly. Two large brutes came after her and reached out to grab Hayate’s legs, holding the struggling lad as she took a few more steps closer to him. “That’s in case you try that again,� she said lifting a small bowl in her hands.

“What’s that?â€? Hayate said glancing at the funny lookingâ€"what was that, puke?â€"and giving her his dirtiest look.

“You should probably know all about this elven remedy Hayate,� Lydia said smiling and suddenly swirling a bunch of it on his face. “After all being part elf and all.�

Hayate laughed. “Yeah, really, well then where are my ears, bitch?�

“Oh Hayate, just because you don’t look well…� Lydia stared at him hard, her eyes travelling the length of him from his pale blonde hair, gem-colored eyes, the sharp angles at his face, the beauty, the long lean muscle mass…he wasn’t tall but then again he wasn’t full elf either.

â€œOh, yes definitely have elven blood in you alright.â€?

She laughed and began to rub the mixture all over his body and Hayate had to stop and pay attention because his skin was tingling, and the bruises he once had were vanishing as if they had never been there. Was his skin actually…glowing? Did it look clean as she wiped the stuff away off his skin with a soft rag? What the hell did she put in that stuff?

“If you mix Black X with a few special ingredients as the elves do,� Lydia said smiling, “It makes a wonderful skin cream. Especially takes care of any minor bruises, and the scent is quite wonderful,� she said lifting the bowl to her nose to take a long sniff.

“Now,� she said wiping her hands on her shirt. “Are you going to give me any more problems today? Or, are we going to come along nicely…�

Anonymous

Panting alittle, Fai finally got out of the crowded area of the road as it turned and led away from the city. Without pause he took off at a full run, something he hadn't done in a long while. Luckily, he was adamant about keeping in shape, and his long legs carried him swiftly over the dirt road.
Where was Rain...?
Slowling up a bit due to apprehension, Fai wondered if he was going the right way.
Well, what other way was there to go?? His only other option was to go back to the brothel. At least this way there might be a slight chance of finding them...

Picking up the pace again, Fai finally spotted someone up in the distance.
That had better be Rain!
Fai went all out, runing as fast and as hard as he could. Yes, it was Rain!
Coming to a stop before the boy, Fai was breathing hard and most of his hair had fallen free from the horsetail it had been tied in.
But he didn't care.
"Where...is he...?"
Why was Rain just standing here?? Had he lost the man??

If he had...then Fai would be at a loss for what to do. For once, he wished he had his wings, truly wished they were there. That way he could simply fly about and spot the man, or Hayate, or some shadey looking character...something!
But that wasn't an option now...
Dammit!
He wanted his wings!!

Back at the brothel, sitting in a pile in some trash bin, hundreds of amber shards sparkled and quivered.
There was something magickal to be had about the wings of a Ssin...

And laying discarded in a pile in that stinking barn, another lone shard sparkled and quivered, as if Fai's very thoughts about his wings caused them all to want to reform.

Anonymous

Rain jumped up and down as Fai reached him. “Faivish!� he said calling the other man over. “I should have told you earlier,� the boy said slightly panting as if he had been running. “The other day when the slave foreman came to pick up Jael, Sae, and Tatu, I immediately recognized her.�

He stopped then suddenly looking worried, glancing up at the older man. “It…was…the girl. The girl Hayate’s been seeing. She’s, the slave foreman. I think...that she has been trying to get Hayate all this time."

I’m tired, cold, and hungry, Hayate thought suddenly feeling pissed off about this whole situation. And here I was, all these years trying to leave, and when I finally succeed in doing so, it’s by force. And then when I decide I don’t want to leave, look what happens. Because of that little…

Hayate looked over to Lydia and scowled as he was pushed forward and then lifted by the chains on his wrists to a strange platform. All he had was eyes for her. Eyes that wanted to kill her that is.

And here I felt bad for the bitch and wanted to come and at least say I was going to break it off to her. And this is what I get for being such a gentleman?

Hayate’s eyes narrowed as he was forced around on the small wooden stage, planted in the middle of a dozen other young kids it looked like, no older than fifteen it seemed, all dressed in the same ridiculous flashy outfits that he was wearing, but all in different colors that complimented their coloring and features well.

This farm or whatever it was, was just off one of the main roads it seemed, he wasn't sure how far from the brothel. But did that matter when he was about to be handed over and poked about and sold.

One by one Hayate watched as the boys around him got sold, watched as apparently rich and ugly patrons bought their slaves and took off the down the road in their fancy little carriages and horses. It was enough to make him sick.

Then it was just down to him alone on stage. Apparently Lydia had saved the best for last.

Hayate was lifted again off the ground, as two strong looking men came and tied his chains to a hangman type of structure behind and above him. He dangled there his soft shoes brushing up against the wood of the platform as three thin and handsome men stepped up to get a better look of him, circling him like vultures about to pick his bones. Odd, these three men looked completely out of place, totally different from the fools Hayate saw before. And he felt extremely uncomfortably like they wanted to reach out and eat him.

He heard a soft chuckle and he turned to see Lydia smile at him, coming close so she could whisper in his hear. “Well, looks like we are going to part soon. As you see, I saved you for last, mostly because my clients like to deal with slave buying privately with no other onlookers.�

“Why is that?� Hayate asked. He was surprised he even was talking to her.

“Because well…what they do is sort of a dirty thing for a lot of people to witness.�

“What the hell do you mean by that?� Hayate said barely keeping his patience in check.

“Look more closely,� she said grabbing him by the chin and turning his head so he could stare at one of the onlookers who was just one step away from him, eyeing him like his next meal.

So what was the big deal, Hayate thought. Thin man; long dark clothing, pale skin that looked like he was dying of some disease, black circles under his red eyes. Red eyes, weird…fangs…

Suddenly Hayate froze as he turned towards Lydia. “You’re selling me to vampires?�

“Does that frighten you?� she said bending down to look him in the eye. “Just your ordinary demons who like to drink blood from young beautiful boys, and make them their slaves…forever. These here are Daywalkers…extremely powerful, and very happy to make your acquaintance.�

Silence.

“By my blood Lydia, I'm going to kill you. Before this day is over, I’m going to kill you."

Hayate arched his back and then looked away struggling with the chains. His tunic was suddenly ripped open down the middle by one of the buyers as he stepped in close to Hayate and inspected his chest.

“Beautiful Lydia, wherever did you find him?� the Daywalker asked her.

“You know I don’t give away my secrets, Havlo,� Lydia said mocking him.

The vampire grinned and leaned in close to Hayate’s face and for a moment there Hayate thought oh god, this is the end…

But suddenly on stage Lydia began the bidding and it was over in the matter of minutes as the vampire whoever he was bought Hayate, sold for seventy-five thousand gold coinsâ€"not bad Hayate thoughtâ€"and began discussing the matter with Lydia personally. And they left him here just hanging around waiting to be devoured by that monster. Bitch. Wait till I get my hands on her…

Oh shit, here he comes…

Anonymous

Fai blinked rapidly a few times before his face turned hard. The girl...
God dammit Hayate, could have any worse of a taste in women???
"Thank you Rain. Please, wait for me back at the brothel."
And he gave the boy a slight pat on the shoulder as he darted off down the road.
Again he was running as quickly as he could, though he knew he'd probably regret it when he finally did find Hayate. But he couldn't afford to slow down. He knew something bad was happening.
Something about all this wasn't right.

His lungs were burning, his long legs felt like noodles beneath him. A shean of sweat had broken out over his brow and down his neck, his cheeks flushed with exertion. But still he pressed on. The thudding of his booted feet became the only noise he could hear, pounding in his ears, a rythmic sound. He focused on not letting that sound stop, making the pattern stretch on and on.
He couldn't stop, he couldn't...

Finally, he spotted something up ahead. Some sort of a settlement...
Was that a barn?
Gritting his teeth, Fai forced his tired body to continue, never knowing how many miles he had run just to get here.
Slowly, he came to a stop, panting, trying to suck in as much air as possible. Every breath caused him excruciating pain, his lungs on fire and his chest so bruised that with every expansion of his ribs, he was made acutely aware of them again. But his legs bore him forward again, at a weak walk, until finally his eyes came upon that which he had been seeking.
Hayate!
And there was that girl...and...

A chill ran down his spine upon catching sight of the other there. There was something about him that made a cold, dark weight settle in Fai's stomach.
And it probably didn't help that said man was hovering over Hayate!
His body felt drained of energy, but there was no way in hell he was going to leave Hayate now. He had seen those chains...
Willingly? Ha.
"Hayate!"
He stalked forward, trying to let his anger at these people fall into that darkness like before, trying to call forth that electrifying power at will. Without it, there was very little chance of him getting Hayate out of here...