Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No I'm not evil, just misunderstood: Lesphares' Lair

Started by Anonymous, September 01, 2006, 10:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

(ooc: Kind of a sister thread to "So Much For Grace". This is Lesphare's domain, feel free to roam around, bother him, clean up after him, be another dragon in another part of this area, etc. Just this is connected to a plot and thread already in play. Feel free to come and go as you please!)

High on top of a mountain…far, far away from civilization, to a place mortal men only talk about in legendsi...lies the grand ancient palace of the dragon lord Lesphares...

The piano player ran his pale fingers across the azure-colored keys, slow and steady, making sure to ease up a bit on the run. His head cocked slightly to the left, eyes tightly shut as the passion of the song filled his ears, he began to sing the words to a forgotten melody from long ago. One almost as mysterious as his own life, a song written in another place in time that he had written when his soul wasn’t in turmoil. His voice was a perfect compliment to his appearance, which showed the beauty of time, but not the decline of age. His voice echoed throughout the great hall his music drifting languidly through the open balcony doors.

Why do dragons love the melody? Well perhaps not all, and maybe he was an enigma to his race for considering music his only companion. Even when his life mate went ignored. If he had taken up any other hobby that was considered dragon-like in every way, maybe his beloved past time would be not the topic of gossip. And that is where he had power over them. They didn’t understand his ways or the motives behind his actions; of course Lesphares knew that. Nor did they sense that music had power over one’s soul. It had a way of changing, evolving, and complicating emotions, desires perhaps one did not realize they had. He chuckled. And certainly manipulating another was much easier done through music than dirtying one’s hand with any other method.

Spirited music filled the room this time. A wild song that was complex to play, even more to listen to for the hearer often ended up doing things with their body they had no control over. Harder he thrashed his fingers on the keys, discorded melodies and rhythms stirring the very air about him. Lesphares stood, bent over, his long mane of hair tangled in heavy knots along the floor, his kimono hanging by one shoulder. He kicked the stool away from his body and pounced, his final set of chords leaving the atmosphere feeling edgy like a double bladed sword.

A man stood nearby the dark sturdy instrument as he played a stiff set of chords on his harp. His eyes widened as he realized what strange ancient melody the master had played, and how his very blood seemed to freeze inside his veins. The servant had found the song tempting to listen to, almost tempting to sing along with as well. But as his master had instructed him any time he was concentrating on a new spell with his music, to shut his mind and hum the counter-spell words he was taught, or else he would be threatened by the power of spell when it was meant for another.

Lesphares closed his eyes and sat back down as his servant left him, placing a gentle hand on the keys before him. Breathing deeply and giving just a hint of a smile he whispered the words to himself he would use for the capturing spell. Very complex, maybe too much so. No bother he thought as he stood and made his way onto the balcony overlooking the vast countryside. His plan would work, even if his pond did fail in killing the Drygan. She had already secretly killed five others, this making her sixth Drygan to come. And as far as he knew, no Dragon or Drygan knew of this. She was growing weak he knew, but no matter. His magic would give her just enough to get close and take down any filthy half-breed that she came near.

Lesphares smiled softly, arms folded across his chest. Yes, let the other dragon lords believe I’m just some simple-minded fool who has a stupid hobby of playing my music. Let them believe nothing of it. Better for them to not know my plans, than have any one of them interfere. He looked down below to the courtyard and frowned at the sight before him.

One day, I will rule all dragonkind !

Anonymous

Being a wife sucked. Actually, to be fair, lots of wives were probably quite happy, but none of them were wed to musical dragons. Ugh. Music. What kind of dragon lord played music, anyways? Nephele, wife to Lesphares, paced furiously in her bower. Lesphares did very little but play, and, frankly, she was bored. Casting glamours over weak peasants was hardly interesting, and her maids provided very little in the way of conversation.

Really, didn't Lesphares do anything but play? She could hear snatches coming from behind her door. Thankfully, it was barely audible. Elementals, she hated his music! In the beginning, she had tolerated it, used it as a reason to be proud of her life-mate, but now, a couple centuries later... She sighed, then turned her mind to pleasanter subjects. Perhaps she could persuade Father to visit, and Lesphares to let him. It was true that Father was a senile fool, but he would certainly give her an excuse to do something and maybe roust Lesphares.

She walked over to the mirror, deciding to persuade Lesphares to let Father visit. Not that her lifemate really cared what she did, so persuading him should be simple. After a cursory glance in the mirror, she opened the door and hurried downstairs.Thank the Elementals that Lesphares had stopped playing. Really, if he had been playing, then she might have simply decided to stay in her room, instead of trying to move him on the subject of Father. He was, as she expected, in the room with the balconies. Opening the door quietly, she frowned at Lesphares for a moment. As handsome as ever, and very much alive. Such a pity.

Nephele cleared her throat politely, although her expression belied her impatience. "I wished to talk to you." she said. He'd better not treat her like scum and send her away. She was his wife, not his chattel. If he so much dared to speak to her impolitely...well, he'd discover that her patience was very short this day. And that wives, when they wanted to, could be fearsome beings indeed.

((Compared to yours, it's kind of short, so, sorry.)

Anonymous

(ooc: This is going to be cross-posted in my next post at So Much for Grace)

Lesphares turned his head from his cozy little spot on the balcony, raised an eyebrow at Nephele’s presence and then went back glaring at the stupid servants who were stepping all over his Azaleas down below.

Blasted, what does that wife of mine want now?

Even though his eyes were on what was in front of him, his mind was miles away on that traitor of his. He thought it impossible she could break that spell of his, but she had found some way of stopping herself from killing that Drygan and then the bitch had saved his life! His fury had been roused and he clenched and unclenched his hands working the song through him into the sky, while another part of him still knew perhaps someone else would take her place…yes the other dark creature Whiskle had met prior to this betrayal of hers. What was her name? Valhalla.

The girl who was curiously close to his hammer that he used to manipulate and somehow possess at times that dimwitted girl. She would make a perfect new candidate for servant to her new found master. She would be easy to lie to, manipulate. All he needed was for her to be close enough to him so he could search her mind and her memories for something to use against her. But how to draw her to him? Better yet, if she had the hammer on her he could use the same method he used against Whiskle on this pesky insignificant child. Yes, he thought sending another dragon wraith to Whiskle’s location to wipe out any trace that he was involved in this affair. If she was holding the hammer he could use it to grab her.

With that he called out to Val, a song rising from the depths of him, words mingled and hidden, he sent the message to her on the wind for her ears only.

In another message he told his servants, Don’t kill the girl, but bring her to me…

Too late. One of his mindless, stupid dragon wraith had nearly killed the girl!

Damn them!

Casting a look of impatience and annoyance Lesphares pushed off the railing he was leaning over and walked back inside his music room. A glare from him told Nephele all she needed to know. “What is it, wife of mine?� Lesphares said making his way over to the piano, sitting down and allowing his long fingers to hit a few notes. He looked over his shoulder at her again, playing a cheerful melody this time; one he knew that Nephele hated the most because it was so bright and sunny. He wasn’t a stupid dragon after all, he knew exactly how much his wife of his hated his music, and thus that was the reason why he had kept her at arm’s length for so many centuries. He didn’t need any distractions getting in the way of his beloved pastime.

After a short intro Lesphares calmly looked over at her again. Right now he was working a gigantic spell with his dragon wraith to have them come into one single formation and attack as one. And at the moment didn’t want her distracting him. Closing his eyes, he sighed and told her, “Whatever it is, you can have it. Now go, leave me to my privacy.�

(ooc: Short posts are good. Actually that was really good, lol. I loved all the references of her being sick of music!)

Anonymous

The stare was just so typical of Lesphares. He seemed incapable of polite conversation. When she tried her best to act wifely(never mind that she had an ulterior motive), did he respond like a gracious husband and respond politely? Of course not. He just responded with a scalding glare, which brought to mind the expression “if looks could kill�. It was hardly the sort of greeting one gave to one’s wife. Especially when she had his personal welfare in her mind. Well, all right. His welfare was the farthest thing from her mind. Although sitting in front of that violet contraption of his all day couldn’t be too healthy. His muscles would probably deteriorate or something.

Before she could answer his question, he suddenly began playing that infuriating song that she had always particularly loathed. Hearing it, she lost her train of thought and just glared back at him.  A knife in his back would be an improvement.

She had a feeling that he was trying to get rid of her. That, no doubt, was the reason he was playing the song-to make the room as unpleasant for her to stay in as possible. Well, then, she wouldn’t leave. At his words, she bristled. Yes, her guess had been confirmed. He really did want her away and out of this room. Well, she wouldn’t go. What reason did he have for privacy, anyways? She lived here, and was his equal. He had no right to dismiss her.

Flushing with anger, she stood her ground, leaning against the wall to show that she had no intention of leaving. “And why must I want something? What if I merely wish for company?� That had never happened before, and they both knew it, but she couldn’t think of anything else to say.

Anonymous

(ooc: Split the timeline from the other thread so anything going on in the grace thread isn’t happening now. Less confusing that way! XD. And sorry it took me forever to post. >_O Stupid muse! )

Lesphares faltered his fingers slipping on the keys. Hitting an off note rather hard he glared over his shoulder at his wife, eyes lowered in annoyance. “When was the last time you graced me with your company?� He closed his piano just then and sighed. He had a great and powerful servant abound, he would take care of the girl that his minions had whisked away. As of right now he was distracted as that beautiful creature stirred behind him not allowing him any time to himself. Fine then.

Standing in one fluid movement Lesphares turned to look at her and stepped slowly and quietly her way until he was so near he could make out the very details of her face. If company was what she wanted, then she would have it.

“Walk with me,� he said taking her arm rather unexpectantly heading out the door.