Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Stranger's Secret (Mona)

Started by Anonymous, September 16, 2006, 04:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

What?

His word was ignored, the haughty tone irking her, though she guessed he was trying to stop from being nervous, or bothered. It didn't matter to her, she was still annoyed by it.

'No, not at all.'

She snorted, even while opening her mouth to accuse him of drooning out her words. They dropped in her throat as he rose, and her mouth snapped shut in time to his sitting motion. Dainne was quite startled. First off, a male, a human prince-like male at that, had just pulled something that could be called... Sweet. Second off, she was at least a hundred years older than him. His vision on whom needed protection was a little skewed, and when he snorted, and glared, she decided it was time to speak.

"Chauvinist pig."

She hissed at him, rising, careful to keep her tone lowered. The cave wasn't large, but echos still bounded off of the large tree roots that formed the sanctuary they were granted. She matched his glare with her own, taller than him now, as he was sitting.

"And don't glare at me like I asked you to sit there. I am not some petty human female to be pampered and primped. And what use are you to me, dead?"

It would be bad, in her mind, if he did sit there, and maybe something would like to come over and kill him. It would be wasting a decently... good-looking male. Oh, errg.

Anonymous

He knew she’d respond like that. He could turn to stone for all he cared, but there was no way he was budging. Trees would fall down, storms could whip up and, yeah, yeah. He laid the sword by his feet and folded his arms, as if that was final.

Oh, if her glare could bore holes!

Looked like this would become a staring contest.

Fine.

He cocked his head to one side, brushing aside a lock of hair that had fallen over his eyes. He would win. That damn sorcerer may have taken his free will, much of his pride, his dignity, but there was enough of it left to warrant protecting whatever manly pride he still had.

He would not break eye contact first.

Even though it was a lost case, a non-magical human versus a magical being, he would not let a girl steal the last shred of dignity he had left.

From the corner of his vision, the griffens finally stopped zipping across the floor and settled down to sleep beside the fireside. It was a funny feeling, having his left side toasty warm whilst his right side was blasted by the elements.

When Dainne spoke, all he did was lift the corner of his mouth slightly, so it looked as if he were smirking, whilst still maintaining eye contact. He wanted to see her wither and melt under his stare. Wanted it so bad.

Anonymous

He glared... She glared... He glared... She glared....

He wasn't going to win. An immortal, one of the fair folk, and this imbecile beleived he would best her. Still short as she was standing, she settled herself back down on the ground, eyes never leaving his.

"Delaine, you annoying mortal, do you really think I would just let the cave open? Have you realized that I may be at least 200 years older than you, and know magic?"

She still kept the glare, not willing to back down. No way would this pig be allowed the satisfaction of winning, of seeing her back down. She rose again, agile, a like a small fox, unsheathing her wide hunting knife and thrusting it down into the earth enough so that it would stay upright, yanking her bandana off to let mouse brown hair spill out behind her, longer than it looked before.

"Do you realize I can block the exit?"

A step closer, and another question, flying through the air like the knife she discared, voice quiet, eyes dancing with humor, but anger blending in.

"Ward it?"

Another step, soft leather boots silent in on the ground, as she pulled out that knife, settling it into the earth as well, never breaking eye contact with him.

"Shield it?"

Step, several other knives dropping to the ground as she took slow steps towards him.

"Protect it? Defend it? Not bother to waste a life?"

And she was nose to nose with him, waist bent so she was eye to eye with him, as close as they had been when he had falled ontop of her.

"Yield, me bucko."

[[OhOhSee]I do apologize for leaving this thread, again, for so long......]

Anonymous

“No.�

As if this puny thing could whup his ass! The only way Delaine was going down would be if he was incapacitated, and they hadn’t called him the Thief Lord for nothing.

I don’t care, stick to what your gender’s good at.

That was what he wanted to say, but the words that flowed from his mouth had a lot less punch. “I care not, a woman’s place is by the oven, so…� He searched ridiculously for something, anything, “…so…take that, cake-baker!!�

Since when had he taken on this misogynist, sexist, anti-feminist view?

He cocked his head to the side, and paused to think. Wait a second, since he’d met this thing. Although he had to admit, there was something wild in those eyes that glared pure death at him.

“Wouldn’t want to meet <I>you</I> after a rough night,� he muttered under his breath, quiet enough so that the curse wouldn’t twist his words into something flowery and poncy.

This was embarrassing. Really embarrassing.

His original plan had been to sit outside for a bit, look like he was being all high and mighty. He had originally intended to guard the cave, because the laws he’d defined for himself stated that that was what good gentlemen did. On a side note, this kind of thing always impressed the women.

But thanks to Miss Dainne here, he would’ve sat outside until she fell asleep and then caught some rest himself, hoping that whatever was out there would come and eat her. But spare the griffens, they’d kind of grown on him, and if worst came to worst, he could flog them off on the black market, or…even eat them. Which is what birds were for.

Why was she turning everything upside down!!?!?!

((Lol, the only way you can make him stand down is by force, hint! You have Nightshade’s permission to forcibly restrain Delaine.))

Anonymous

Anonymous

-is prodded and snickers at the funny boy-o-

No.

"No?"

She asked him incredulously, quite shocked. It had been a long time since anybody had told her no. She was a respected daughter of a Noble in the Fae Court. No just wasn't what she heard anymore. She expected something harsh and fighting from him, but what she got just surprised her.

'I care not, a woman’s place is by the oven, so… …so…take that, cake-baker!!'

Snort. She began to do something mean, and she laughed at him. Laughed so that she almost fell down, laughed hard and loud at him.

"I'mma... I'mma... What?"

She couldn't breath, laughing so hard, and the girl almost lost her balance as she clutched her sides.

"You aren't serious?"

Dainne finally managed to calm down, although her cheeks were stained pink as she tried to catch her breath. Sharp ears caught his words, however, and she decided when she was done killing him to ask why he spoke in such a flouncy way one minute, and then like a regular person the next.

'Wouldn’t want to meet you after a rough night.'

"Ass."

She snarled back, forgetting her humor for a moment. And then she realized something. He wasn't going to move. Wasn't going to back down until she showed him that she was boss, despite having to enlist his not cheap help. Gods, she was giving him three wishes, after all, and a baby griffin of his own, damn it. The least the bastard could do was listen to her! With a snarl that was uncannily like a wild beast, she launched herself at him, pinning him onto the ground with inhuman strength.

She made sure that her small hands were digging into his shoulders, right at the joint, so he couldn't struggle upwards without putting himself in pain, and that her knees were pressing into the sides of his hips. Ignoring the fact that they were in a very compromising position, Dainne glared daggers at him.

"Now, tell me, who's bigger-faster-smarter-whatever? You will move, and you will do it now, am I understood? I will not put up with you acting like an insolent child this whole time. We made a deal, and you will stick to the fact that I employed you, which means I'm the boss."

The short elven girl made sure that all her weight, not a lot but all muscle anyway, was digging in, making sure he got the idea. Stupid male, with his stupid weirdness, with his stupid magic. Her brown hair, down now, framed her face as she stared intently at him, very close, forcing him to recoil. She tried not to think that he was very very comfortable under her, and that she enjoyed being on top better. Those were bad thoughts, and humans just led to bbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiigggggggg trouble.

Anonymous

Oh dear gods…he’d really pushed her to the limit this time. He barely had time to react - boy was she a vicious thing! He felt his arms slam into the hard stone ground, and one of the griffens emitted a surprised squawk, ruffled its feathers before resuming its kip.

From his angle, it really looked like Dainne had done all of this before. Delaine’s sudden shock at being verbally abused and assaulted was quickly covered up by a smirk, as he let his mind wander for a split second. This was all a game to him- it was to let Dainne know that he was thinking of exactly what she was thinking.

Ye gods, if she was this violent, he’d better lay off it for a bit. He knew how to diffuse the situation. OK, how to either diffuse it, or be thankfully rendered unconscious for the night.

Craning his neck up, he planted a chaste kiss upon her lips before dropping his head back to the ground. Turning it to the side, he closed his eyes and feigned a huuuge yawn. He parted his lip and then said with the most bitter, yet playful of ironies, “As thou wisheth, mistress.�

Delaine wished he could see the response of his captor. He’d have to settle with imagining her response, which was good enough. That would keep him turning tonight. He wouldn’t forgive her for laughing at him in a hurry, that was for sure, and even though he knew he’d keep his end of the bargain, he was going to drag it through as much mud as possible.

Damn, when had he become so petulant? He wanted to be a gentleman out of his own free will dammit! He thought, seething slowly inside.

“I’m gonna get me some shut-eye now, so unless you’d like to remain in this position all night…� His eyes were still closed. A hint of a smile played about his face, designed specifically to infuriate the faerie.

The day had been so taxing that a few minutes later, the pretend snores became real.

((If you want to knock him out, let me know and I'll edit mah postie! <3))