Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Passage on The Grey Dawn

Started by Anonymous, October 18, 2006, 12:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Why would anyone really need to get drunk?" The blonde retorted with a slight scowl. "It only makes the idiots of the world act more idiotic...And even makes fools out of the few people that are still respectable...Also, even if I were[i/] under age, what makes you think I would need guardians? I have never needed them...I am not as frail and helpless as you may think."

With that said, she frowned at the opposite wall, a slightly disgruntled pout on her lips. Nothing annoyed Kimira more than being treated like a child. It was true, she had never needed guardians, even as a child...She was perfectly capable of defending herself.

"And why would I want any wine? Are you planning on poisoning me?" She questioned, glancing at him and arching an eyebrow curiously. "My teacher would be very angered by that...I have not even finished the job she sent me on..."

Anonymous

Jaxor grinned. Now it was getting interesting. He could tell he had his a sore spot, and this woman seemed to be the kind who would divulge information when sober, which ment all the more for him.

"I'll take that outburst as a no, them" he said, raising a hand. After a few moments the bottle dislodged itself and flew across the room into his hand. Jaxor continued grinning as he pulled the cork from the bottle and tossed it into the corner. May as well show her she was not the only one in the room with powers. For a moment, he felt like showing her his true nature, but thought it best she just think of him as an arrogant eccentric, rather than what he really was.

He took a long swig from the bottle and grimaced slightly. Not the best vintage, but it would serve his purpose. He put the bottle down on the table gently, steadying it with his free hand.

"So, Kimira," he said, slightly patronising, "Exactly what 'job' have you been sent to do?"

Anonymous

Her amethyst eyes watched the bottle, narrowing slightly as it moved from its former resting place. Was he trying to be intimidating? If so, he was doing a rather poor job...Simple parlor tricks were at the very bottom of the magic chain. Ah well. Whatever he was attempting, Kimira kept her mind and eyes alert, every one of her trained senses straining for a hint of ill-intent.

She frowned slightly at the emphasis put upon her name. "My job is not your business, if you must know. After I have completed it and returned to my teacher, you are more than welcome to try and extract information from her. I would not suggest this, however, as she is rather easily angered..."

She had found that rule out rather quickly as an apprentice. She had been the eldest student out of two under her teacher. Both had been ruled over strictly, even the slightest mistake bringing ruthlessness from their "master". While the younger pupil had failed to retain that same persona, Kimira had gained both her mentor's outlook and attitude for the world around her.

But it certainly came in handy.

Anonymous

"So hostile, so hostile" said Jaxor, tutting gently under his tounge. His eyes rested on the two dice, glinting in the lamplight, and his thoughts drifted. His mind was churning, but that was nothing new. He drifted in and out of focus, taking another long draft of the wine and letting it dangle from his long pale fingers. He returned from his thoughts and sighed.

"I've never had time for teachers. I prefer to be self taught. All this idolization and respect..." he spat suddenly on the floor, grimacing when it landed. His face changed, and he grinned at Kimira.

"Won't drink wine... how about a game of cards?" he said, scooping up the die and slipping them into his inside breast pocket, and bringing out a battered deck of cards. He shuffled them with one hand, while looking at his companion expectantly. "To pass the time?"

Anonymous

"Sometimes life requires a bit of hostility." Kimira muttered icily. "I will not waste my time listening to the ramblings of fools." She added, her eyes flashing dangerously at the mentally-drifting Carpathian. Why must all men be so troublesome?! They were good for nothing more than information and the occasional punch.

"I only let myself become a student for one reason. She could teach me what generations of learning and natural talent could not. And it was quicker. Much quicker. It would have been annoying to try and struggle and waste my life looking for things I could be told much easier..." She explained, blowing a strand of hair off of her forehead boredly. "And I do not 'idolize' anyone...I merely respect the fact that she, unlike many others, does not require a companion to be strong and feared."

She took to twirling her silver weapon once more. "And really...Why would I play cards with someone as suspicious as yourself? I could very well be selling my soul, hm?" She tilted her head slightly, peering at him.