Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The End of the Beginning...

Started by Anonymous, February 09, 2007, 05:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The large Warrior strolled through the Gatehouse of the Castle and into the Courtyard. He held his helmet in one hand and a rope in the other. He pulled hard on the rope, jerking a man following him with the rope tied around his neck to keep up. By-standers watched as the towering soldier walked through the yard towards the Castle. When he reached the Guards at the main entrance, he stopped. In a deep, gravely voice, he said:

"Cypher with a convicted criminal. Wanted for Sheep Rustling, Petty Theft and Armed Robbery"

One of the guards took the rope from Cypher and led the man through another door, down into the Dungeons. The other guard meanwhile, saluted Cypher. Cypher saluted back, turned and walked back towards the Gatehouse mumbling. He was a soldier, he was a devoted worshipper of the God of War and Blood. How did it get to this? He wanted to be a Knight, a man of honor. Not some common soldier running errands that Bounty Hunters and Mercenaries were doing. He pulled his helmet on and walked through the Gatehouse.

One of the guards approached Cypher. Cypher turned his head slightly and stated to the guard:

I'm going home to train. Send any messangers there.

He continued walking without breaking his stride.

On his way, through the small clusters of houses, he thought to himself. He passed by a "Look-out" spot where new-couples liked to come and romance. He looked out across the Ocean, into the cloudless blue skies beyond.

There must be something worthy of my effort... if not here, then...then out there... he thought.

He shook his head, turned and walked back to his small house. He opened the door and removed his Battle Armour and donned his Training Gear, picked him his Practice Sword, and left the house to practice...

Anonymous

Cypher trained with his wooden Practice Sword for a good hour. He removed his Training Helmet and the sweat poured down his face. He had had enough. He strolled back to his house and removed his Training Gear. He dressed in his normal clothing, made out of the same material in Commoners clothing and walked out the house. As he shut the door, his hand darted in and grabbed his money pouch.

He walked towards a small town near the coast for a stiff drink. He needed one. He had chased a criminal for what seemed an eternity.

Ah damn he thought. I didn't collect my wages or the bounty.

He juggled his money pouch from hand to hand as he walked. This feels very light. I need to make some money soon or I'll starve. He stopped by the beach and knelt by the shore. As a wave lapped the shoreline, he cupped his hands and got some sea water and washed his face with it. It was surprisingly cold, but it freshened him up. He stood up, his braided hair dripping and continued walking.

Eventually, he reached the Tavern in the small town. He opened the door and walked in, ducking under the low door. He walked through the Tavern, dodging a small waitress rushing around and he sat at the bar. Peace and quiet for a while he thought to himself.

The Barman approached and asked for his order. A Tankard of Mead please Cypher asked. The Barman nodded and disappeared into a back room. He reappeared seconds later with a tankard full of a foamy warm liquid. Cypher placed a silver coin on the bar. The barman took it and bit it. He disappeared into the backroom again and reappeared and placed a few dirty copper coins on the bar in front of Cypher. Cypher sat on a stool by the bar and faced into the Tavern, resting his arm on the bar. He took a drink of his Mead. Ahhhh.... he thought. Heaven...

Anonymous

Pain was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She didn't like gaurd, for some were way to much of a pervert and tended to hit on helpless woman. Pain was in no means a woman, but a child and walking through the streets doging every person that came into veiw. She hated to be touched cause that always led to something else for her. She recently stab a guards hand for touching her sholder, but it wasn't her fault it just came out of her, a metal spike and went back in as he let go in pain and now she was on the run.

She was scared and alone hiding by a tavern near by with old scares all over her body from the past, although the brusis had gone the scares became visible. She lent down behind a small wooden door hoping not to be cought while tears flooded her eyes. She didn't want to kill but couldn't let them get away for it, nor could she let them touch her even if it was unintentional.

There she is... Get her!!!  The gaurd with the bloody hand yelled aloud as the two gaurds following him began to chace after her. Pain was tiny, but she was also really fast, she darted around one corning becomming oout of site and then around another and turning right through the second door she seen which so happened to be a tavern.  She ran striaght of the bar and hid where the only seemed to be one man(Cypher) on that side of the bar's corner. She ducked down sitting as she whiped away the tears from her eyes wraping her arms around her legs. She didn't make a sound, and being so slow probably only one or two seen her come in.

The gaurds came in glaced around and left as fast as they had come.

Anonymous

Cypher had watched the young girl run into the Tavern and hide. After the Guards had gone, he took another drink of his Mead, then turned to see the young girl. He got off his stool and looked for her. He found her, trying to dry her eyes. He noticed all the scars on her, so he reached down to comfort her, but then noticed the blood on her hands, and no obvious wounds, he changed his mind.

Most Guards would just grab possible criminals and drag them to the Dungeon, but Cypher was more interested if the criminal told their side of the story. Cypher sighed. What was he going to do? He sat back on his stool and finished his Mead.

He stood up after a while to go home, then he looked back at the young girl. He shook his head in disbelief of his thoughts, turned and knelt beside the young girl.

I am going home, if you wish to come. We can get you cleaned up, and calmed down. Or, I can take you back to your parents or family. If you want me to leave you alone, I will leave you here. Its up to you young lady.

He tried to show the young girl a smile, but after years of killing Cypher was not used to emotions much anymore. He stood up, and held out his hand, as an offering to the young girl...

Anonymous

Pain glanced up at the gentleman who offered a place to get cleaned up and to calm down. Then he heard him call her a young lady which noone has ever called her before. He probably just trying to get me to go with him so he can hurt me She thought right away. but she remembered he said If she wanted him to leave her alone he woould, which confused her. It's a trick he just wants to hurt me like the rest of them. She said over and over in her mind trying to believe it.

Pain finally stoped herself from thinking that to look up at him noticing he was holding his hand out more in an offering kind of way. Even if it was she hated being touched and was deeply scared of the man. Please don't touch me, please. If you do I might hurt you. She wasn't lying, if he did most likly a metal spike or several little spikes might come from her body whereever he may touch, even if it was just her hand. She began to think of her mother's and father's death. Before she gave the man time to respond she spoke looking straight into her eyes with a face of horror. My parents are dead.

Anonymous

Cypher nodded sympathetically. He knew what it was like to have no parents. He looked at the young girl. I don't want to hurt you. When you have killed fully grown men on a battlefield, killing children looses its fun. he joked.

Well, he said after he noticed she didn't smile. I am going home. If you want to come along, you are more than welcome. I have a bed so you can rest and you can get cleaned up. I have some food at home as well, so you can get fed... and if you want, I will take you to the Orphanage in Western Le'raana.

He slowly turned and walked to the door. His footsteps echoed around the almost Tavern. He placed his hand on the door handle, he turned to see if he could see the young girl, opened the door and walked into the blistering sunlight...

Anonymous

She watched as the door closed behind him. Food echoed in her mind, over and over. Food...Food...Food Ehr stomach groweled causing her stomach a slight pain. She hand't aten in almost three days and the last thing she had was one thrown out meal. Food and a bed and to be cleaned Was everything she wanted and would do anything for. She got up ever so slowly as the do closed behind and and walked over to the door opening it slight to see the man almost out of sight. Food or death.... I choose food. Last enetered her mind as the door closed behind her.

She wanted to see everything he did to be careful of him. He was a extremly tall man, almost twice her height but she wouldn't let herself get hurt again without causing whoever would hurt her great pain. She followed behind him keeping a distance of about 20 feet (Not sure what that is in UK standards). and did her best to stay out of sight hiding behind many objects to follow the man. She would do anything for a bite of real food, even if dying.

Anonymous

Cypher walked through the small town into the wilderness. He walked down a small forest path to the coast. He had the feeling he was being followed. He glanced back to see a small figure darting behind a tree. He smiled to himself knowing the young girl was following. He walked along the coast for a while, then cut up another small forest path.

He walked up to his small house and opened the door. He walked in leaving the door open. He walked into the bedroom and made the bed in preparation for the young girl...

Anonymous

She stoped as soon as he began going down a forest path. She was kinda scared of what might be in the forest and so shortened the distance between her and the man now following 15 feet behind the man then 10 feet. Going from one tree to another. She stoped for a second to get a good look at him when she noticed he started to look behind him and she immediatly darted behind a tree pausing for awhile before he continued. She kept following but trying to be more careful.

I wonder if he seen me. She began wondering as it ended before a house. She stayed hidden behind the last tree watching him go forth toward the house. He opened the door and walked in with comfort, but leaving the door open as if knowing she was following him. Ahh man he know's She said in a low whisper. The blood on her hands and sholder became dry by this time and she screatched a little off. She waited out side but whatever he was doing he seemed to be taking his time.

Food...I'm starving.... Pain had forgotten the pain in her stomach until the man spoke of food in the tavevern and if she didn't get some soon she felt like she might die. The pain was stronger by the minute. She walked slowly toward the do the breathing alittle intence scared at what she might be getting herself into, but the food was worth it. She peeked through the door and looked around. She seen the kitchen and began to walk alittle faster. She was heading for the food but stoped at the thought of him finding her attacking the food and instead she hid underneath the table and watched to see what he would do next.

Anonymous

Cypher finished making the bed and walked into the kitchen. There's not much food I'm afraid he said aloud, knowing the young girl was under the table. Maybe that young lady would like some meat. I'll have to kill a boar or deer, but shouldn't take too long. I will go and do that now. I will leave some bread and fruit on the table incase she wants to start eating and waiting for the meat. If she wants a rest, the bed is made for her and I will get some water from the well for a bath for her. He dropped an apple onto the floor Opps he said aloud and nudged the apple with his foot so it rolled under the table.

He followed his promise, and put some bread and odd pieces of fruit onto the table. He turned and left the kitchen leaving the young girl to eat.

He reached up and grabbed his bow and quiver mounted over the fireplace and put the quiver on. He went out into the wild and into the forest to hunt.

After a while, he returned with a dead boar slung over his shoulder. He put the boar on the ground outside his house and began carving some meat off the boar. He sacrificed some of the boars blood to the God of War and Blood and carried the organs and some meat into the house to cook...

Anonymous

As soon as he felt the man leave she grabbed at the apple practically mauling it. It was gone fast and she almost choked but it was the price she was willing to take. She found it odd that he said everything he was going to do aloud. Maybe he doesn't know I'm in here yet. She began to think coming out from under the table looking for the food on top of the table. When she seen it it was almost to beautiful for her to even touch, then the stomach groweled and she went at it. The fruit was so full of juicy and the bread she couldn't really describe, If so it'd be forfilling to her. She hadn't tasted anything so good in solLong, but she was still just a little child and her stomach filled easily. She wondered of the meat and what it would taste like. Her belly no longer acked of pain but was calm and satisfied. She didn't eat it all but ate 1/3 to 1/2 of it.

When she was done eating she looked around for that nice bed the man had talked about, and it wasn't long before she found it. She was dirty and so didn't want to cover herself with his clean sheets so instead she just lay on the very top of. As soon as her head hit the pillow she was out with a tear of happiness rolling down her face. Her Red hair covered almost the whole pillow leading off it while some lay on down her scared back and just alittle covered her tiny face. Her bare feet relaxed, and one arm hung off the bed whie the other wrapped around the left armand grazed her tiny face. She forced herself not to dream for it would only lead to bad memoried but ended up dreaming  anyway. It was different though, She dreamt of Rain. Just rain falling for the sky and onto her skin. The touch and feel of rain she dreampt of.

Anonymous

Cypher walked into the house carrying the meat. As he walked past the door of the Bedroom, he saw the young girl sleeping on the bed. He placed the meat in the kitchen and washed his hands in some semi-dusty water and dried them on his peasants rags.

He walked into the bedroom and looked at the young girl. He gently pulled the sheets over her, trying not to touch her like she asked. He walked out of the room and closed the door quietly to let her sleep.

Cypher cooked the meat of the Boar and offered the organs to his God, praying again. When the meat was cooked, he took it into the kitchen and placed it on the table next to the fruit and bread. He picked up one of the apples that was left and bit into it. He walked back into the main room and quietly sharpened his Great-Sword.

Once he got the blade sharp, he put it back in its sheeth and sat on a chair. He watched the fire crackling. He finished the apple and threw the core onto the fire. He put his head on one side, and tried to get a few minutes of sleep...

Anonymous

The sharpening of the blade may not of been loud but with Pain's pick cat like ear's she could hear it as if it were in the same room as her. Pain head the sound before in the past when her father would sharpen his blades before he would beat her. This woke Pain Instintly as she sat up in the bed noticing she was covered. She didn't know whether she covered herself or if the man she seen earilier had down it. She looked up to notice the door had been shut and knew it was him who had covered her. Pain sat one foot on the floor when the sound of a blade being sharpened stop and pain looked toward the door in fear of him being like her father and coming after her, but 10 minutes passed by and the door never opened. Pain placed her other foot on the floor and stood up slowly seeing a Mirror at the far side of the bedroom. She hadn't looked at herself in over and wondered of her looks. She walked over faster then her normal pace to those cat like ears that others made fun of her for. It was the only part on her body that resembled her being like a cat-like girl and they still made fun of her. Then she looked away to her body kinda shocked. She had several scares but what shocked her as the brusis were gone. Her eyes went to her dry blood stained ringht hand and her just dirty left hand and staired at them in comparison.

She was finaally able to look away wondering behind the door. by now 15 minutes had gone by when she opened the door to find the man she seen earlier had fallen asleep, Which to her was both a good thing and a wonderous thing. She walked slowly up to the man to see if he would move when about five feet away she stopped when to her knees and staired at him letting the very end of her hairgraze the floor. WOndering if he had notice she had cat ears. They titled to the sides thought when she began to stair at him.

Anonymous

Cypher sat in his chair with his eyes closed. Without opening his eyes he said I trust you slept well young lady? He opened his eyes slowly and looked at her. He stood up and walked around the girl, giving her a wide birth as not to intimitate her. He walked into the kitchen and picked up two pieces of meat and walked back into the other room. He bit into one piece of meat and ripped a piece of with his teeth and ate it.

He held out the other piece of meat towards the girl, offering it to her.

Do you have a name, or do I call you "Young Lady"? he asked, trying to hear the girl speak...

Anonymous

Pain practically fell backwars when he spoke but caought her balance as he opened his eyes. The way he moved made her fear but the space he gave her at ease. She nodded her head up and down as he walked around her as to not speak for she rarely did. She stood  knelt back up still on her knees as he left into the kitchen and came back holding what looked to be two delicious big pieces of meet and instintly her mouth began to water.

He walked toward but stoped four feet away holding out of othe the big peices of meet while he dug into it. She didn't want to touch him or even take the chance of being touched but the meat looked so good. She thought of using her inner spikes but wondered what he would think if her eyes turned blood-red right infront of him. she decided it would be mest to grab it with her figertips and so do so staying as far away from his hand as possible. As soon as he let go she drew it back fact and took a big bite. It was even better tasting then the fruit and bread. She went to take another bite when he asked of her name and she stopped. She didn't want to speak but it was kinda hard not to. Pain shook her head yes to having a name while looking back up at him.

It's Pain She said aloud in a normal voice but a sad tone. She quickly looked back down at the meat and took anoth big bite while her pike furry cat eye tilted up then back down to the sides.

Anonymous

Cypher nodded and tried to smile again, but was finding it hard to do still. Pain? he said in acknowledgement. Well, Pain, lets see if we can get you cleaned up a bit. You stay here and I'll fetch some water. he said. Again, he walked past her, giving her a wide birth and walked to his Great-Sword. He put it on his back and looked at the girl. He took a dagger from its holder and threw it in the floor near the girl. If anyone other than me enters this house... kill them. he said in as calm a voice as he could. He picked up a bucket that was next to the fireplace, walked out and shut the door behind him.

He walked the short way through the woods to the clearing where the well stood. He got a bucket of water and carried it back to his house and opened the door, slopping water most of the way. He poured the water into a large metal pot over the fire to heat it up. While it was warming up, he got an old sheild that he had added sides to and used for washing and placed it in the bedroom. He threw a big piece of linen cloth onto the bed for Pain to dry herself with afterwards.

He took the water and poured it into the sheild as a make-shift bath. He made sure it wasn't too hot and carried the pot back to the main room. There's a sheild full of water and some cloth to dry yourself with in the bedroom for you he said. Take the Dagger with you if you want. You can keep it. he said, trying to reassure her...

Anonymous

Pain watched him move about and grab a huge sword as she did she moved backward her eyes glowing blood-red. SHe looked at the floor so he wouldn't see her eyes and then he put it on her back but her eyes stay the same as he grabed a dagger and threw it beside her. She grabbed at it fast holding it close. When he spoke so calmly her eyes returned to there natural dark blue and she looked up at him with assurance that noone would enter the house. being surprised by the comment "Kill them" her eyes grew wide and even though she hated doing it she whook her head yes ready for anyone.

She watched him move about when he came back, and was just now finishing her meat when he mentioned the bath in her bedroom. She didn't like the Idea of being nakid in any house with any men as the last time she was it was with her father and she could move for hours after the horrible things he did to her. She felt reasurance in the males voice though when he aloud her take the dagger with her and so she held it tight in her hand but did stand up and walk into the bedroom closing the door behind her.

She got undressed as fast as possible wanting to be covered by the warm water, but first stuck the dagger in the ground where the door was incase he would try to come in it would hold it for awhile. The warm water felt so good to her body, and she felt so refreshed as she began cleaning the dirt and blood off her face and rest of her body after rinsing her long hair and fur on her ears. She got ou as fast as she did getting in grabbing at the long cloth on the and ringed out her hair in the sheild Tub. She qucikly dried off and put her cloths on and used the cloth to dry her hair wraping it the best she could but her hair was to long and some hug out of the cloth.

She walked over to the door removed the dagger and opened the door slowly.

Anonymous

Cypher watched Pain walk to the bedroom and close the door. He walked outside and quickly skinned the boar. He bought the hide into the room and cut out two halves of a top.

He made some string with the tendents in the Boars leg and sew the two halves together. He was just finished when Pain opened the door. He looked at her and smiled. He stood up and showed her the shirt he had made. Here. I didn't know how big to make it. I hope its ok. He held the shirt towards Pain to try...

Anonymous

Pain just staired as he held it out toward her confused about everything. Noone in her whole like had been this kind to her or treated her like a real person and yet one day out of the blue an older man showed her more kindness she recieved out of her whole life. She went to take it but stoped half way. She wanted to speak for once wanted to know why he was this way toward her.

Thank you kind sir. She stairt at the shirt he had made for her still in his hands. As she lend a hand out to take it from him she held out her other hand with the dagger in it in offering it back to him for she didn't need it, her body and the metal spikes that lay in her was enough of a weapon for her. If I take the shirt you must take back your dagger. I do not need it. Try not to touch me for I might hurt you on accident if you do. She grabbed the shirt safely waiting for him to take the dagger before she would withdrawl her hands.

Anonymous

Confused, Cypher carefully took the dagger from the girl and handed her the shirt he had made. Maybe she is thinking I am her Guardian... he thought. No matter he thought. Thank you, if you want it back, just ask he said. If you wish to try it on, you may use the bedroom again. I need to go out for a little while, I will leave the dagger here he said, placing the dagger on his chair. If you need me, I'll just outside, but I won't be too long

He walked out the door, taking his Great-Sword and gently closed the door. Outside, he drove his Sword into the ground and knelt before it, mumbling an ancient language in pray. He bowed his head and continued, then placed his hand on the top of his sword. As he continued, he ran his hand very lightly down the sword to the blade, then in one movement, cut his wrist on the blade, and let the blood run down to the ground. The dry dirt soaked it up quickly. He continued praying in an ancient tongue. Eventually, he stopped praying and looked to the sky. The sun was almost at the point of setting. That was his last pray of the day. He hoped he had done enough. He took a scrap of linen from his pocket and tied it around his wrist to stop the bleeding and entered back into the house with his sword...