Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The End of the Beginning...

Started by Anonymous, February 09, 2007, 05:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She watched him leave with somewhat a confused look upon his face, shutting the door behind him.  She didn't need to go back to the Bedroom to change for she was wearing two shirts already and would only take off one. She took off the light blue shirt leaving the white wife-beater on her placing the shirt he made for her over the wife-beater she had on. It was alittle big but gave her something to go into. Also it looked pretty nice on her and so she loved it.

Pain place the blue t-shirt on the bed folded and began to re-make the bed for the man when she seen him come in. Something was different about and and she searched him with her eyes until they hit his write. There was a cloth their and she knew he was cut and so she walked toward him stoping four feet away and looked up at him. Who did this to you. They shall pay. She spoke with anger in her voice as she showed him her eyes changing from dark blue to blood Red. Who?

Anonymous

No no no said Cypher in a calm voice. No-one has hurt me. I did it myself. It is my Religion. I believe in the God of War and Blood. If me and the believers don't sacrifice blood, the sun will fail to rise in the morning. We need to keep his spirit feed with blood. he explained. He tried to smile again. He failed.

Honestly, I'm fine, and thank-you little one he said. He walked over and pulled his Battle Armour on over his peasants rags. He picked up his helmet and sword and walked to the door. It is time for me to train... he said as he neared the door. He stopped and picked up a smaller sword and offered it to Pain. How about I teach you the ways of the Sword? he asked. Help defend yourself and attack your enemies. Plus, it will be fun...

Anonymous

Pain looked up at him with confussion taking a step back wondering if his kind or the God of Pain was th reson the sun rose everyday. She never heard anything like that before but then again she had no better way of explaining how the Sun rose so she just took his word for it. It was strange thoough how a God/Creater would make them hurt themselves but her mind was going to the smaller sword he held out.

Pain's eyes stayed blood red as she was about to practice and was thinking about showing him, her ability but wasn't really sure. She didn't need if for before she would get a chance to use the sword in real battle her spikes would hurt  her enemie even though it did she was still scared. She wanted to show him and thought it'd be a great time to.

She nodded her head up and down and took the sword. But I wish to show you why I would not need a weapon first. She opened the door to outside and walked out knowing he'd follow and  walked till there was a nice space between everything she was around so she could move and not break anything. She placed the sword on the floor and took off the Brown shirt he made for her, leaving the white wife-beater on though. She folded his shirt and lay it on the sword on the floor. She placed one leg in front of the other waiting for him to come and see her.

Anonymous

Cypher followed and looked at her with confussion. When she was finished taking the shirt off and stood ready Cypher stood in amazement as she laid her sword on the floor. Well, shes not going to show good reflexes, the Sword should be stabbed into the ground. he thought.

Right, he said eventualy. Well normally, we train by throwing blocks of wood at eachother and we learn to deflect them with our weapon of choice. Mine being the Sword. I don't think you will stand much chance using your.... erm... he stammered. The girl isn't even holding a weapon. And I know its harse but she can't cry them to death...

Cypher tried again. Why dont you try with the sword first Pain? Its really easy, I can show you if you wish? We all have to learn at some point. Here, I'll throw a light piece first so it won't hurt. Cypher through a light piece of wood into high into the air to give Pain a chance to grab her sword, and he watched...

Anonymous

I said I don't need it. Her blood read eyes glowed and her cat like ears peaked up as Five 1 1/2 feet metal spikes came oout from her knuckles and hit the small block of wood hard sliceing it into pieces.  Her hair blown by her speed settled down some in frount and some in bake. She didn't want to stop. She looked up at him as a memory of her father appeard and as she looked at him she wassn't, she was looking at her father but snapped back quickly. She staired into his eyes hard as the metal spikes returned inside of her body. My body is it's own weapon. But it's hard to control when... She paused not wanting to tell him knowing he'll ask why and if she told him why he might find a reason to hurt her or would look at her different.

What do you think? Her face became a black stair as she stood normal hair waving now and then.

Anonymous

Cypher stood for the first time he could remember, stunned as thousands of splinters rained down on him. He looked up slightly to confirm that the wooden block was gone. He looked back at the girl. Ok. he managed finally. All the time his mind was saying Oh s**t, oh s**t, oh s**t . He looked at her as she stared blankly at him. He bent down and picked up another, heavier block of wood. You say that your.... weapons are hard to control... May I ask why? He knew the girl didn't want to say, but if he could find out, maybe he could help her more as he had a better understanding about her. He threw the second block high into the air again and watched...

Anonymous

If I tell ya you won't accept me like you seem to. Pain spoke as her eyes glowed red as she went for the kill. This time she made her whole fist one big spike hitting it with rough force in the center of it. It didn't break into as many peices but there were still quite a few. The spike returned nto her body and she stood normal again looking at him wanting to smile but could only force a grin upon her face.

You look like someone I knew Just taller and you treat me the complete oppisite, but that's no matter now that he's dead. The grin grew into a smile and went black again wondering what he'd say next.

(Sorry my post been short, but not much to say...)

Anonymous

Unusual for the commander of the Adelan Army to visit mediocre soldiers who don’t even pick up their own wages for the week. Pitiful. If she hadn’t be out in this direction doing a last round of the area around the castle (though this is a little more far out than her usual route) she’d have never even thought of coming <I>here</I> for a common soldier. No matter, she didn’t look like much of a commander, just a normal knight, despite the fact she was a woman and was the Commander. Tarlaka had her black-feathered wings drawn towards her back, and an emotionless mask to hind her true feelings of annoyance at having to do this menial task. First and last time one of her subordinates will ever be allowed to ask something over her that wasn’t a question on ‘what do I need to do to become a knight,’ which was easy to answer, only thing you could do would be your rounds, not many wars have taken place over the last few years.

The money pouch in hand and her blue eyes rolled slightly towards the horizon, she looked up that humble abode, with people in front of it. Ah good, that saved her from soiling her hand on the door. Didn’t need to get muck on her black glove. Tarlaka looked every bit like a knight, shiny armour which fit her body like a second more thick armoured skin a sword at her hip, a long sword about three feet long and sharp enough to give a fatal blow. Her hair was loose and trailed down her back in bi-coloured waves, her bangs a bright blue and her hair a near black. A maroon cape hung underneath the shoulder plates and her wings loosely curled around her. The Adelan colours were black and maroon, and that was the colours of the armour, black with maroon trim.

Blue eyes widened slightly and her eyebrows drew together and her lips formed a frown. Did that child’s hand just turn into a… Spike? Well, that was a little unusual, but she’d seen odder things, she and her daughter had wings, and there was that empathy boy whom Tarlaka didn’t know what came of him. Another shake of her head and Tarlaka walked up to the pair an unamused look on her face, Tarlaka turned towards the child, offering no greetings or even a smile, and gave the girl a once over, decided that no, she wasn’t much of a threat besides having spiky hands and looked towards the… Man?

Well, this wasn’t something she saw everyday, it was a descendant of a giant of some sort. It had to be, since when did people get <I>that tall</I>? Her wings flared out a little in an unconscious effort to maker her larger, which didn’t work much considering this guy was almost two feet taller than her. It took all her effort not to ask about the weather. Clearing her throat, she kept her hand off her sword hilt, showing she had no desire for combat and kept the money pouch hidden.

�Excuse me, Sir, are you Cypher of the Adelan Army?� Tarlaka paused and moved her footing so that if someone did launch something at her, she could protect herself with her wings or her own steel blade at her waist. “I have something that might be of interest to him.�

All she wanted to do was throw her money at him, and get back to the castle, despite the fact of never wanting her daughter at all, the few hours she spent with Seiteki were oddly precious to the commander. That and Tarlaka liked the giggles.  Shaking her head slightly to clear the cuddly warm fuzzy images out of her head she looked back at the task at hand, getting the wages to this guy over here, and to not get impaled in the process by the seemingly psycho child. In all her life she’d never seen a look like that on something that wasn’t at least 5’0â€? with boobs, that was female, anyway.

Anonymous

Cypher slowly turned to face the Stranger. He recognised her instantly as the Commander... HIS Commancer, but didn't salute or bow. Instead, he moved between his Commander and Pain. He dropped the block of wood he was holding and took a deep breath in, inflating his chest, making him appear to grow in size. He slowly let it out through his nose, sounding like a raging Bull as she asked his identity. He took a step towards her and noticed her hand on her sword. Is this my Commander? he questioned himself. Why is she out here? And why have her hand on her sword? He drew his Great-Sword, and put the tip of the blade on the ground with his left hand on the top of the hilt. He looked to the ground, tilting his head down, then looked at the lady in front of him, not my moving his head, but his eye, causing them to appear dark as the white intensified them.

Yes He replied in his deep voice. I am Cypher. Who might I ask am I addressing? And what is your business out here? With this, he repositioned himself even more between the new arrival and Pain. If this lady wanted Pain for any reason, she would need to fight... but something told Cypher there was no conection, but he decided "Better to be safe than sorry"..

Anonymous

Pain turned as the woman spoke came forward and pain backed away with fear and anger of not noticing her sooner. She didn't like how the female looked at her or him and didn't like her tone. Pain looked back at the Man to see what he'd do next and staired with confusion as he stood in between her and the commander. Is he protecting me? she thought to herself stairing at them both. No he probably just wants to fight her himself. Noone would ever protect me.

Pain was unsure if she should be ready to attack or hiding her eyes from the woman although she was already hidden behind the man. She decided to stay in attack mode incase the commander would try anything she didn't like. Her ears perked up to hear every sound with intence and her eye gilled with anger so if she were to attack she wouldn't hold back. But in doing so a memory of her mother trying to drown her and pain covered her ears and hundreds of thin spikes came from her hands and outer arms. She shook her head to rid the memory but let the spikes stay. She looked up still hidden behind the man ready for anything that would come her way.

Anonymous

Her lips remained closed and the slight outer tilt of them down showed a small bit of a frown. Hmm, so, no respect for those of higher rank than him, either. Adela needed all the soldiers they could get, and this tank right here would prove useful if there was ever a siege or an attack on the castle. Blue eyes followed the great-sword as the man rested the tip of it on the ground, she tilted her head at him her eyes blank with just a hint of annoyance swirling in them, silently asking why he was drawing a weapon on his commander. Tarlaka resisted smiling when Cypher tried to intimidate her, she was a commander, the sword made her a little nervous, but he’d have to swing that, and she could get well out of the way by the time it would take it to reach her head. Dark eyes didn’t intimidate Tarlaka. Her lips became thin and she looked at him again, looked <I>up</I> at him again.

�I do not appreciate your tone, Sir. You’d do well to recognize authority. If I was here to kidnap someone or kill you or that child, you think I’d be here by myself or kill a child? I’m not stupid, you’d do well to remember that as well.� Her voice was monotone for the most part, an alto note so it wasn’t high enough and didn’t install fear into others with it being demonically low, though, she could make it loud enough for a small group to hear her. Tarlaka flared her wings open for a minute, stretching them to their full length before drawing them to her back, leaving the black feathers ruffled making them look bigger than they were and not as smooth and sleek. Her hands at her sides, she drew the money pouch out and let it hang from the string on her hand.

�This is your gold. You failed it pick it up and since I am the last to do the rounds outside the castle, and because quite a few guards failed to do their job today with their rounds,� Tarlaka gave a pointed look at Cypher, he must be new or something, “I decided to do it.� For a moment Tarlaka stood there, her arm our and the money pouch twirling on its string, before she dropped it, its contents staying in the bag, and started to walk towards the girl, the little one with the dead eyes. While the child was a little creepy, much more so than the large man. Tarlaka eyed him to say that if he moved to block the child there would be dire professional consequences, mostly in the whole ‘can’t follow orders’ department.

â€?Because it is my duty as an Adelan Knight to protect the citizens of our Kingdom, why is it you have a child here? She obviously isn’t yours, tell me what she is doing with you, if you please.â€? Her attention was focused solely on the tall man but then her gaze turned to the girl, specks of silver lined her arms and Tarlaka frowned slightly, what were those? No matter, stranger things have come from her own body, so, not much could surprise her anymore. When Tarlaka spoke again she smiled â€" A real smile â€" to the girl like she smiled at her own infant child. “Hello, I am Tarlaka, I am a knight at the Adelan castle, whom might you be?â€? Tarlaka let her hands hang at her sides, not wanting to be a pin cushion if this kid could pull a porcupine move.

Anonymous

As a Soldier of the Adelan Kingdom, I too have a right to protect citizens. So what if she isn't mine? Are you going to punish me for following my training? If so, so be it... But I will have a clear conscious... he said, turning his head slowly to track Tarlaka.

Cypher took hold of his sword and walked behind Pain to let her know she wasn't alone and not to be scared. As he stopped, he once again placed the swords tip onto the loose dirt and slightly turned the sword so the final days sunlight flickered off the blade as though it were on fire.

Cypher wasn't warming to the newcomer as well as he thought. He had heard of Tarlaka during training. Now he was thinking that the officers who trained him were either paid to say such things, or had seen a different side of her. He did recognise her, passing by in the Academy and such.

His attention was drawn as the Sun started its final crawl to the horizon. We can do this inside, come along Pain. As for you.. he said to Tarlaka, If you wish to live through this night and return in the morning, I suggest you come in. Beasts you cannot imagine roam these areas during nightfall and you won't make it to the Academy before Night. Stay where I can see you and come along... With this, Cypher turned, picked up his sword and walked slowly to the door of his house...

Anonymous

Pain staired at the woman as the man spoke glaring with a wicked smile at the thought's of her pain then snapped back when He told her to come in and spoke her name.

Yes, I'm pain as he said, and if you try anything, I'll be your pain. Pain gave a physco looking of a smile and look in her eyes before turning away. Her spikes had disappeared as quickly as they had come and her eyes returned there normal dark blue as she ran ahead of the man. She looked back once at the female with wings and turned away speaking clearly to Cypher. Cypher I don't like her, please don't hate me if I hurt her later. I'll try not to though. She opened the door for Cypher and waited by the door so after he entered she could shut the door before the woman came hoping Cypher would forget about her.

Anonymous

Cypher stopped the door from closing and looked sympathetically at Pain. Don't worry, no-one will get hurt... I promise. Tell you what, go and put a few more logs on the fire, and you can curl upon my chair and try and get some rest. You have had a busy day today. Cypher looked out of the house as the light reduced fast.

In the distance, a howl was heard, answered by another. Cypher looked at Tarlaka. If you want to be a great knight, I suggest you hurry up and get inside. If not, there are creatures in the woods about 500 yards behind you that want their evening feed. Now get in here! Cypher saw Pain was hanging around him. He wanted to pick her up and take her further into the house, but he respected her request not to touch her. Cypher ran and grabbed his bow and quiver. He returned to the door and got an arrow ready. He looked out of the door again towards Tarlaka.

Shapes started to move behind her. Cypher drew his bow and aimed just past Tarlaka. COME ON! he shouted at her...

Anonymous

Tarlaka kept her fact from frowning, her light blue eyes looking from the tall man to the disrespectful little… Brat. She looked back at the man, what? Of course she wouldn’t punish him for taking in a defenseless child, if he tried to do something other then that however, he’d feel a sword point in his back. She wouldn’t have to do that though. If Tarlaka knew his train of thought she’d have laughed at him, of course they made her out to sound like some magical beast who could kill a thousand people in one fell swoop. She was a woman, of course they made her out to seem like a goddess so they didn’t look very inferior to her. Her eyes darted towards him, did he just warn her about the <I>animals</I> that lived in the forest? Her? The commander of the Adelan Army? Someone who has lived here for… Tarlaka rolled her eyes and put her hand on her hip, raising an eyebrow at him.

�As your superior you should address me as such, Sir. Disrespectful speech is unwelcome and <I>do not</I> speak of things in Adela as if I do not know about them.� Tarlaka looked at the child, her eyes narrowed, Pain, hmm? Tarlaka decided to not laugh at the childs threat, and simply shook her head keeping silent while she turned around and spoke to the tall male. Tarlaka, being half elf, could hear what she was saying, and balked. What the hell? Well, this would almost work as conspiracy to kill an official, Tarlaka would have to inform the Regent of these two and their little authority problem.

Upon hearing the howls, Tarlaka drew her sword, the hilt decorated and the blade sharp. She shook her head at the man. “You have no idea do you? If you’re so afraid of animals, live at the barracks, your money is on the ground, if you’re man enough to get it, its right there.â€? Tarlaka moved the sword point towards the money pouch and opened her wings slightly.  The black feathers and armour made her blend in a little with the now-dark background and she turned around.

�You’d better watch how you talk to me from now on, <I>Soldier</I>, and keep an eye on your brat as well. Teach her some respect if you are able to, might be a little hard since you seem to have none to teach off of.� Keeping her sword out and she became silent and began to walk away. “Oh yes, by the way, I am the Commander of the Adelan knights, I do not need one such as yourself to… Keep me safe from the big bad wolf. Good night, sir, and know that you’re not about to get any type of promotion with your current attitude.� With her small speech out of the way, Tarlaka began to head back to the castle, she didn’t know if she should be insulted, angry or just annoyed. She’d figure that out once she got back home.

Anonymous

Pain litterly growled at the woman as she spoke. Wanting so bad to hurt her she began to gather the logs by the father and put two of them in evenly. Then she remembered the sword and her brown shirt she had left outside, and her eyes widened in fear. She ran to the door as the man shot the beast with an arrow as the woman became out of sight.

My shirt... My sword.. Pain Yelled aloud as she looked outside to notice the mean woman vanished. Pain looked up at the man with deep saddened eyes unable to forgive herself for leaving a gift given to her outside on the floor. No I won't run I'll get them... Pain screamed aloud running past Cypher and into the almost dark night up to the beast that had been shot. She grabbed the shirt and sword and spotted the money bag. She mine aswell grab the aswell she ran toward it noticing a huge beast on her tail then two. Pain eye's grew red as 4 feet spikes came from her back, arms, and legs as she leaped onto the money bag and both beast leaped at her. One fell dead before it even got to her, how she didn't know how but it did. The other beast that leaped on her made full contact spikes stabing through it's body not harming her except for the impact itself and her head hitting the ground knocked her out cold. Her spikes returned to her body since she was unconsiance to use it and couldn't return till she was awake. All you could see was blood and a beast laying on her dead, Although the blood wasn't her's it appeared to be. But atleast the objects would be safe.

Anonymous

Ah s**t! Cypher said. There was still a lot of movement out in the darkness. He grabbed his quiver and in one move, slung it over his head. He reached over and grabbed an arrow and strung it up. He started to move quickly out of the house towards the unconcious Pain. As he neared, movement out of the side of his vision made him turn to his left and fire. He must have hit something, as it yelled like a dog. He reached Pain and without thinking, picked her up gently, grabbed the Sword and shirt in one hand and stood up. He noticed the money on the ground and in one move, juggled Pain over to his other arm and started to run. In mid-step, he reached down, grabbed the pouch and through the door.

He stopped in the house, dropped the pouch to the floor and shut the door, and stood behind it keeping it closed. The creatures outside started pushing at the door, trying to enter. The door opened and closed as they wrestled. After a while, it stopped. Cypher let out a long sigh. Then the door bolted into his back causing him to drop Pain, the shirt and the sword. They landed on the floor with a clutter. Cypher fought back and managed to wedge the door shut. He raced to the fire and bundled more logs on to keep the fire going. After a few more minutes, a distant call from a creature. The creatures by the door called in answer, then the noise of movement got quieter as they disappeared into the forest.

Cypher again, let out a sigh. He picked up Pain and placed her on the bed. He quicky checked her over and found no major injuries. He brought in her shirt and laid it on the bed next to her and the sword. He left the room and quietly closed the door.

He walked through the main room and looked at the door. There was a few holes in the door from the creatures claws. There was one hole he noticed more than the others. It was much large, and blood coming from it. He felt his back as best he could. On his right side near his kidney, there was a large claw inpaled into his flesh. He managed to eventually pull it out. He slumped into his chair and looked at the claw. It was a good 6 inches long and curved. The point wasn't overly sharp, but it had managed to penetrate a wooden door, battle armour specially made from him from the Blacksmith and his skin.

He looked at his armour as he removed it. There was, of course, the hole. He loved that armour. Silver with gold trim. He would need it repaired. He moved his chair to face the door, and sat for the remained of the night with his Great-Sword by his side, just incase they decided to come back. And there he waited, until dawn's first light, crept through the window...

Anonymous

Pain finally woke to the dawn's light as hit hit her face sharply. She opened her eyes qucik then shut them due to the light. She began to try and remember what happened. All she remebered was running out side to get the objects. Then it came to her faster and faster pictures of what she seen and the emotions she felt. Then a beast limping on her. Nothing else. Wait there were spikes. She thought quickly rising up out of the sun's way she fell off the bed and landed on her butt. Quickly she grabbed at her side looking over her body but the spikes had already gone along time ago.

What Happened? How I get in that Bed? did he touch me? but how? She thought feeling her body. Her body didn't hurt except for her head in which she remember hitting on the floor. How could he of touched me without hurting me? Her mind was racing. Everytime someone touched her body acked from whatever abuse happened, or she would hurt them before they got a chance to do so. Oh no what did I do? If he didn't hurt me I must have hurt him....Oh what did I do? He's probably dead like the rest!

Pain began bursting into tears as she began to think of all the death's she caused. She didn't deserve to live and she knew it, but now she killed the only person that has yet to hurt her. Pain crawled to the corner of the room sobbing. She didn't know what to do but take time to romorse . She held her hands over her cat like hears and dug her face into the ground, refusing to move from that spot. Why? Was the only thing she said aloud, and the only thing she could think of asking.

Anonymous

By the time dawn broke, Cypher had fashioned a necklace from the claw. He was quite proud of it. After a few minutes of admiring, he heard Pain in the next room crying out. He jumped up, his new necklace swinging in front of him. He ran to the bedroom door and barged it open to find Pain huddling in a corner, crying.

Cypher ran to her and knelt before her. Are you ok? Are you hurt? he started asking conserned. He looked her over to check her over again, see if there was an injury he had missed during the night. He couldn't see any. He quickly looked around the room to make sure nothing was wrong. When he was happy nothing was out of place, he looked at her again. Please Pain, what is wrong? he said in a calmer voice.

Anonymous

Pain jumped at the sound of his voice her cheeks poofy, her eyes watered. She Just staired at him in such confusion. How did he touch her without dying? Pain so badly wanted to hold at that man but knew her spikes would return and she would just cause him pain.

I thought you were dead....Still sobbing she had manage to get that much out. I thought I killed you. She began burting into tears as she pictured him dying in her mind. I"m So sorry. I'm so sorry. SHe repeated over and over aloud. Her red hair covered her face and she begged in her mind that he wouldn't touch her, but then again, long to be in comfort. She was happy he was alive but sad at the thoughts of her murdering yet again. Her mind was racing now with questions that she knew would have to wait for now all she coud do was cry. Please don't touch me was her last comment as the thoughts of his death began to leave her mind.