Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The End of the Beginning...

Started by Anonymous, February 09, 2007, 05:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Cypher gave Pain a quick wink to reassure her. He looked through the window where the brilliant blue sky was, another day with no clouds. He looked at Pain and tried to smile again. Once again, he failed. Look, you go and sit in my chair again, I'll get the fire back up to heat for you. I need to pray but I won't be long.

He stood up and walked through into the main room. He put some small logs and twigs onto the glowing embers and ashes and gently blew onto them. After a few seconds, the twigs burst into flames and he placed a few more logs on.

Cypher looked at the main door with the holes in it. His blood on the door was now dried. He hadn't heard any movement outside for a good few hours now, but he wasn't taking any chances. He picked up his Great-Sword, slowly opened the door, and silenlty crept out to check the coast was clear.

After he had checked the ammediate area, he prepared to start his praying, but then the noise of flies drew his attention. The noise was coming from the forest. There looked to be drag marks and a bluey-green liquid leading towards the sound. He tightened his grip on his sword and called back to Pain, Pain, wait in the house and close the door. I won't be long, just wait there! He took a deep breath and followed the crushed vegetation and drag marks....

Anonymous

(OOC: Sorry, Double post)

Anonymous

Pain had nodded as he began to leave so did she. She whiped the tears away and began to enter the main room as he was leaving out the door, leaving the door open. Pain hadn't been so happy that she hadn't killed someone, better yet being happy was a completly knew feeling for her. She didn't know really what to call it, but it felt good to her. She watched asthe fire sparked several times and the beauty of the flames. She was sitting in his chiar but them ended up sitting on the ground infront of the fire. She wanted to touch it and hold it in her hands, but knew all it would do is cause her pain. Everything caused her pain. Wait not everything. The man has yet to cause me pain. No matter if he hasn't yet it he just hadn't made up his mind yet if he hated or loved me yet. She thought over. For Pain, if someone Loved you, they hurt you, and if they Hate you, they hurt you.

Pain, wait in the house and close the door. I won't be long, just wait there!" She heard Cypher call out to her. Pain ran to the door and at the door she Hesitated. Last she was outside when he wanted her in she almost cost him his life. As much as she wanted to go she had to stay for him. She did as he said and closed the door but she didn't lock it, he never said to lock it. Pain stood seven feet from the closed door and drew out her spikes. She stood completely still and waited for his return with eagerness and patiences. She did't feel like fighting or killing but she was cursed with it so she mine aswell use it. She waited.

Anonymous

Cypher carefully trod through the forest, following the drag marks. Every so often, he saw that the trees nearby had bark shaved off the bottom as though something was using them to pull them along. He continued until a small clearing... and there it was. A "Creature". Cypher approached carefully and slowly, ready to fight if it jumped up, but it lay motionless. As Cypher neared it, he noticed the arrow. HIS arrow. He must have shot it during the night. The creature was nothing like anything he had ever seen. It wasn't furry like wolves or bears, it was scaly.

He kicked the beast over onto its back and its limbs swayed as they came to a rest. It had a greeny-brown scale colour on its back and a lighter brown on its underside. The arrow was through the beasts chest, just off centre. Cypher would have smiled at his good fortune if he could remember how to smile. He continued to look over the beast. It had long, powerful looking legs, but it had two of them, so it was a humanoid lifeform. It has a short, stumpy tail so therefore lent forward slighly when moving. But then he noticed something else. It had four arms. The two arms on the top set of shoulders where large claws, of which the creature had three on each hand. But the arms on the second set of shoulders directly below the first shoulders, had humaniod hands. Clearly this creature hunted by holding onto its prey and then literally ripping them to pieces.

The creatures head looked as though it was tailored to sit on this creature of evil. Big black eyes, lifeless eyes, like that of a shark, just bigger. It had large sharp teeth lining its mouth and a reptilian-like tongue.

He needed to get back to the house. He turned and started walking, but then stopped. He turned back and looked at the lifeless beast... No-one would believe him of the terrors of the night if he couldn't prove it. He walked back to the beast and picked it up, slung it over his shoulder and moved as quickly as he could back to the house.

On his arrival, the door was closed. Pain has shut the door, just like I told her too. he thought to himself. Pain? he said aloud, outside the house. I'm back. I have something with me I need to bring inside. Don't be afraid... It's quite dead. he reassured himself more than he tried to reassure Pain. He gently opened the door, and carried the beast into the house and shut the door.

He carried it to the middle of the main room and, carefully as possible, laid the creature on the floor...

Anonymous

As soon as Pain heard his voice she walked away and satby the fire like before. Her spikes on her hands stayed though as she wondered if they touched the fire if it would hurt her, but she didn't want to try it in front of Cypher and she knew he was comming inside. As he oped the door she turned to face him and with shocked wide eyes she stairred at what he was carrying.  It was dead or so looked dead as He lay the creature by her in the middle of the room. Pain terrified but more curious stairred at it. She could see a tooth stick out from it's mouth and it's body made her want to come closer. She wondered if it was one of the creatures that attacked her, and when she looked at the arrow Cypher shot at him, she knew it was.

Pain crawled over to the creature and looked up at Cypher then back to the creature. The horrible Creature that made her feel the way she did when she woke. That horrible creature that I didn't kill for what it did to me... She began to think then acted apon it. Pain raised her left hand as the spike in her palm got longer, and she through her hand down as hard as possible down on the creatures heart. The spike went right through it and at this she was happy. The spikes disappered into her body and she whiped the blood that was on her left hand, on to the beast and the little left, on her pants as she stood up to face Cypher.

I have a question Cypher She said stairring up at his face. How did I get from outside to on the bed?

Anonymous

Cypher remained transfixed on the creature, trying to study it. He heard her question and without looking away from the creature, answered her I carried you in. He took a deep breath and let out a sigh. He walked quickly to the kitchen and picked up a long pipe and a small bag of dried herbs. He opened the bag and took a pinch of the herbs and put them into the end of the pipe, picked up a small twig from the fire, lit the pipe and threw the log back to the fire. He took a puff of his pipe and said aloud, We need to get this to the Academy. If my Commander didn't get back last night, these things got her. They would know she would have come here and if she's not back, I could be executed for Murder and you could be imprisoned.

He walked to the bedroom and picked up a spare bedsheet from under the bed. He unravelled it next to the beast and rolled it into the linen sheet. He folded the sheet over the beast. He left the house and grabbed a length of rope he had dotted around the area outside his house and tied the linen to make a bag containing the beast. He picked it up and slung it over his shoulder. He grabbed a short sword, leaving his Great-Sword in the house and turned to Pain. Come on, you'd better come. I don't know what we are dealing with here and would rather you were close to me so I can look after you. Come along. He put his pipe in his mouth and opened the door, waited for Pain to exit with him and closed it behind them and journeied to the Academy...

Anonymous

Pain moved slow but atleast she moved. She was awful tired and didn't know why but she decided to keep it to her self and not worry him. She was probably just tired of the recent events anyway. Pain left the house with him and picked up her pace. Sh was still confused about him picking her up and carrying her. It was strange that someone could touch her and her spikes not come out at them, then again she was unconciances and because of that her spikes couldn't react. She pondered this in her mind while she quickened her pace to catch up with Cypher. She couldn't help but keep stairing at him. the one who touched her and wasn't hurt. Questions from this morning flood her mind and she had to ask.

Why haven't you tried to hurt me yet? Her words were cold but sad as she looked over her past in her mind. Now her hair rested behind her and her cat ears were very noticible as the twitched at the different sounds of the forest.

Anonymous

Cypher was walking almost normally. The extra weight didn't bother him at all. When Pain asked her question, he didn't stop, or break his stride, but answered her directly. As you can probably tell, I live on the outskirts of a small village. I keep myself to myself. You are the closest thing I have to a friend. Why would I want to hurt you? he replied.

They continued walking, through forest and clearings, until they began to see the Academy. Even from this distance, Cypher could see that there wasn't any added security so they either weren't aware of the situation, or they thought they could handle it. Fools he thought. He looked at Pain. Come on. Now, whatever happens, stay close. He walked towards the gatehouse, occasionally having a puff on his pipe, the make-shift linen bag, complete with the bluey-green stain slowly forming, still on his shoulder containing its dead occupant...

Anonymous

A friend? pain heard the word before but didn't really know what it ment. She never had any friends before and normally hung out by herself, keeping to herself while she watched other kids play. Why did he keep to his self? Was he hurt like her? She began to think pacing her thoughts. WHat does it mean to be a friend? let alone what is it? Her eyes drifted to the Academy.

Well because I haven't met one person who hasn't tried to hurt me until I ran into you. Pain paused and tried to change the subject alittle by asking another that had been on her mind.  What's A friend exactly?

Anonymous

As they approached the Gate house Cypher once again said, Anything happens, stay with me . He walked on, as to walk through the gates but a guard stopped him. State your name and business Sir. the guard ordered. Cypher stopped and slowly turned his head. Cypher wasn't happy he had carried a beast in his old bedsheets, and now a new guard was questioning him. I need to see Tarlaka ... Now he replied. The guard smiled and snorted a laugh. This infuriated Cypher. The guard smiled and looked down at Pain. She is very busy today. She had an accident and needs to be alone with her advisors and senior commanders... If you would like I can... Cypher had had enough. He grabbed the guard with his spare hand and threw him down to the ground. The other guard moved to intercept Cypher but as the huge frame of Cypher approached, the guard backed away.

Cypher walked through the Academy and into the Main Hall. He threw the doors open and walked in. He saw Tarlaka and a number of men and women around her. Cypher walked to the centre of the room and dumped the bag onto the floor. We need to prepare for a war. One of the men snorted as the guard did at the gate house. A war against what? he asked. Cypher loosened the rope and kicked the bag, causing it to unravel and the beast flopped out completly lifeless onto the floor. Cypher looked up. A war against these things he replied.

Anonymous

Pain looked up fearfully at Cypher. He didn't answer her question and the next thing she down he was tossing a guard aside. That could of been her if she got on his bad side. Pain did her best to keep up. She really didn't like guards and now thats all see's been seeing. Then she noticed the woman from before and became upselt quite easily.

Cypher I want to go. Pain looked at all the guards and her hands started shaking as she searched for the 3 guards chasing her from before. She could find any except for the one at the far end that hadn't even noticed her yet. Cypher I want to go now. Pain who was hovering as close as she could to him without touching him was now backing away slowly. She wanted her spikes, she wanted to feel safe, but she couldn't bring them out infront of all these guards and so she didn't feel safe anymore. Please Cypher I want to leave. A tear fell down her left eyes as they watered alittle. Her read her long behind her. Pain was terrified of all the guards and just wanted to be alone. She felt like running away but didn't wanna get Cypher in trouble so she stayed.

Anonymous

Shadow was behind the chuckling crowd but Shadow himself did not find this a laughing matter They have come he remained emotionless as he thought of the possibilities that the monsters could attack any time. He walked out from behind the crowed and smirked. “Well if it isn’t Cypher, the warrior of light� Shadow chuckled “wheres your God now days? I don’t think he will help in the “War� against these monsters… you probably killed it for your stubborn God� Though deeply inside he knew it was not the times to be throwing insults. I may need all the help I can get

He then slowly walked towards Cypher to his shock find he was bigger then anyone he has ever seen. “Your one big guy, by the looks of it, speed is not your friend� Shadow then pokes Cypher “wow muscle� he laughed. Shadow then notices what seemed to be his acquaintance. She only stood around four foot “hey small fry, never knew Cypher needed a tiny follower to aid him in his fight againt darkness� he noticed they both wasn’t impressed and was not sure if he made the small girl cry or if she already was.

Anonymous

As Shadow addressed Pain as "Small Fry", Cypher grabbed a dagger from his belt and in one movemet, pressed it lightly against Shadows neck. He slowly turned his head and looked at Shadow. First... said Cypher, ...My God is everywhere. Secondly, my God helped give me the strength to fight this...beast. Thirdly, I don't need speed, just my sword, and last, you address both me and my friend correctly, or you will watch a fountain of your own blood spraying across this very room... Cypher was not amused. It was acceptable for the Commander to talk down to him, but not this person. Cypher didn't know who Shadow was, but then again, Cypher had no interest. He knew who he was, who his Commander is and who he protects, thats all Cypher needs to know.

Cypher moved between Shadow and the now angry crowd, and Pain to protect her once again. Being as tall as he was, Cypher looked over the top of Shadow. These creatures, are not bent on wars, land, wealth or religion. They are on this land to survive. Something has stirred them up. We need to find out what and correct it, before we loose this colony. And mark my words, if this conoly falls, the rest will follow.

Cypher motioned to Pain to leave. I will be at my house on the outskirts if you need me for anything. He looked around and managed an evil smile. Commander, Ladies and Gentlemen... He turned and walked to the doors and pushed them open, walked back to the gatehouse, through the gatehouse and back to his house...

Anonymous

Pain was already tearing up from seeing the one guard from her past and the new guy made her fell worse. he called her "small fry" but atleast thats way better then anything her father and mother called her. Pain had already been walking backwords and as soon as Cypher let her know she could, she took off. Not to stay another second. She practically ran out in fear and tears. She hated most soilders. They always caused pain or looked down on her, and even some ran after her for the horrible deaths' she's caused.

She was shocked that noone was making fun of her strange cat ears and was actually starting to not mind them. They alway caused her to be teased and hurt. Ever since she was a baby she's been ridiculed for them and she always cried alot. She was glad that was the only cat like characteristic she had.

As Pain followed Cypher back to his place, she couldn't help but fall behind alot. She was tiny and walked slow, not to mention she was tired from all the walking. She kept having to jog to just catch up to Cypher, but she didn't complain. After all he wasn't hurting her yet and that's always good. Half way to his house she remembered the question she asked that he hadn't answer and debated the rest of the way if she should ask again. Whe she was close to the front door she stoped to speak.

Cypher... She said aloud and slowly to gain his attention. I was wondering...Her voice got softer as she looked up at him with unknowing eyes. What exactly is a friend?

Anonymous

(Back at the main hall)

Shadow took a closer look at the fiend Could what Cypher spoke of be true? As Shadow thought of the possibilities he looked towards the commander. “I’m leaving, my duty is done here� his face was motionless showing no fear after hearing what the commander was capable of. “My reasons are my own, so please do not chase me for them.�

Shadow then turned towards main doors that Cypher went through only minutes ago. Here I come Cypher… Shadow paced towards the doors then pushed them open with haste “Oh commander, I’ll see you soon!� loudly spoke Shadow, a smirked formed as the doors began to shut behind him.

“Time for an adventure…�

Anonymous

(OOC: I apologise for not being around recently. My job moved me all over the world, but I am finally back in the UK so Im now back on the forums :o) )

Cypher walked all the way back to his house knowing Pain was near him. He walked silently, conserving his rage for the new beasts.

Both Cypher and Pain arrived at his house and they walked in. He picked up a large bag and started to pack food, clothing and bedding in it. Once it was full, he sealed it and stood it by his chair. He then dressed for battle, pulling belts over his armour and sliding daggers, throwing knifes and alike into special holes in the three belts.

He watched the windows on the house. He may have been a big, dumb killing brute, but he knew he had been followed back to his house. Who, he didn't know... but he knew someone was following...