Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Childish Amusement

Started by Anonymous, February 11, 2005, 08:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Not one of my all time favorites, let alone a recent hobby. It did feel good, Amaris had to fess up to that. But it wasn't in the least bit expected nor really desired. God, that water was freezing on bare skin. Bone chilling at that. But she would manage, it wasn't going to kill her; now anyway. Well, now she knew what it was like to near drown. That couldn't be a nice way to die, and she had been through plenty to know some that people would think horrible.

She relaxed now that she knew where Dante was. It wasn't so much that she was insecure, she wanted to keep him in sight. There was no way that she was getting left behind to run in circles and wind up back at the beginning. Surely those soldiers would just love to have her walk right back into their gates. Too bad they wouldn't be getting that. Amaris planned on tagging along with him until she was far enough away from Connloath that she wouldn't need to worry about watching her back much. Even if it meant plastering herself to his backside, he wasn't going anywhere around this place without her.

The female flinched when that Fool placed his hand on her cheek, her blue eyes darting down to take a glance. She was fine, she assured herself. Nothing to get so flinchy about, it was just a hand. Awkward enough, it sent chills racing up and down her spine. So strange, and it was hard to remind herself to act like a normal person when times like this were far from being normal. "Don't worry about it, no harm done."

Now she couldn't help but let out a sigh and put a smile of her own on her lips. He was apologizing. What else could she ask for? Dry clothes, maybe. She was fine, she could deal with it. "So . . ." she started, "Where do two misfits like us go now that we've managed to get our tails out of that place?"

Anonymous

Dante jumps up to his feet and spins around to hold out a hand to help Amaris up.
"For one, we find another village. From there, we can continue with the second half of our date." Dante notes with his grin returning to his face. He means the first half of the date was successfully escaping from the Connlaothian Kingdom.
"Perhaps hit a classy restaurant and find a place to bask for the night?" He continues with the date ploy, if he means it to be a ploy. Is he being serious for once? Hard to tell with Dante. He then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a rather large sack of gold.
"I'll provide for us. Those guards get paid well it seems." He finishes, tossing the sack up and down with one hand. He pillaged those guards without even Amaris noticing him. Fool and a thief?

Anonymous

". . . Date?" Amaris' voice didn't seem to sound too impressed as she pushed herself up to her feet, waving off his hand. She was independent, and would prove so every chance she got now that she was finally out of that hell hole. Still, she wasn't going to wander about alone; she didn't even know how long she had been in there. How in the world was she going to know where she was supposed to head to? Again, take every moment you can to be independent . . . Or so she kept trying to remind herself.

She raised an eyebrow when Dante started tossing the small pouch of gold he had stolen. There was definitely something up with this fool all right. Without another thought, she knew she was going to have to be a lot more careful around him than she had anticipated. Her free hand came to rest against her forehead, the tip of her blade dug into the ground as she leaned upon with her other hand.

". . . Fuck," she muttered to herself, keeping in check that she didn't say it loud enough for him to hear."Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," Amaris bantered on at herself before turning her back to him. When in the living hell did he think of this as a date? What was the word, anyhow? Was there a significance to it? It was vaguely familiar, she knew what it meant. But was never on one before. Then she started to wonder if this was how something like this would go every time someone declared a date. To her -- it sounded like a war.

War . . . She could handle that. A few dead bodies, walk away with a few cuts and scratches. What more could a 'date' do to her? Hm . . . Was it even like that? Damn, she didn't know. "Fine . . ." she spoke out. "We'll finish this . . . Date thing, as you call it. And then I need to find somewhere that'll take me to the cursed man in the sky." She wouldn't say who, she hated the name with a deep seeded passion. Evidently, she wanted him dead. Yet that would have to wait.

Anonymous

The prankster couldn't help but smile when Amaris repeated the word, date, in a disgusted manner. This one deserved a smart ass remark.
"Yeah, date. You know, like my name, only without the n." Any normal person would have normally slapped him for that one. His grin wouldn't leave his face though.
"A date is basically a short time span where two individuals have a good time. I Hope you're having as good of a time as I am." He continues with his grin never dying down. Her reluctant acceptance of the date will do. A whloe lot better than being flat out rejected. When she mentioned the man in the sky, Dante just had to look up.
"If I had wings, I'd help you in that department." Dante threw in another smart ass comment. He quickly pocketed the sack of gold and skipped on by Amaris.
"To a new kingdom then!" The fool finishes.

Anonymous

Wise ass, Amaris thought to herself, tightening her hand into a fist to keep herself from slapping Dante to the next kingdom. Oh yeah, gotta keep cool around this guy. But was there ever such at thing around him? She was really starting to question that, but was not about to start digging for some sort of an answer to it. Not worth the effort at the moment. Yes, he definitely needed a good smack or two. She'd count them up and wait for a moment when he seriously pissed her off so she would have more than just one.

Skipping . . . Was that was he was doing? Skipping? God couldn't possibly punish her more than what He was already doing. That just wasn't possible. Was it? If it was, she'd have more than just one more thing to pick with Him than she did now.  Sure, give her more reason to hate Him. That'd be great; the more, the better.

But now he wanted wings? This madness couldn't possibly escalate more than it already had. That thought had crossed her mind before, and it seemed that things had progressed worse than she thought possible. Yeah, there was the high chance that it would get even impeccably disturbing to her mind than that of what it already was. The thought wasn't too assuring to Amaris, and she didn't want to imagine anything further than that. It wasn't safe territory to start thinking in.

"What other kingdoms are around?" She turned to watch him skip off, hoping that might stop him for a minute. Pathetic question, yes. But she was being honest. She didn't know anything about anyplace outside those dungeon walls. Sad.

Anonymous

Dante suddenly stopped on one foot and twirled around on it to face Amaris. His grin was everso large.
"I'm glad you asked that, because there are two nearest here and I know not which one would be most suitable. The land of Serendipity and the Adelan Kingdom. The Necromantia isles are closest, but I've deducted that you probably don't want to swim there." Dante explains. He then twirls around in one big 360 and hops off that foot to keep his balance with the other.
"Which do you desire to visit?" He finally asks.

Anonymous

"No . . . No more water. I might die the next time I go into a body of water." Amaris placed a hand against her forehead, rather hard, too. If she ever had the choice of jumping into water like that again or staying behind and taking chances with armed guards . . . She'd take the guards hands down. No second thoughts, nothing to it. Staying was better than knowing what it feels like for a drowing person to die. Not fun, definitely not fun. There were more creative ways to die; much better ways as well.

So there were only two kingdoms to choose from. That didn't involve water to get to. Nice. Only difficult thing was deciding where to go since she knew nothing about either of them. And their names didn't say too much about them either. What a decision this was; like trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat. But for some reason, she had the feeling Dante could do that, too. Not reassuring on her part once again, yet things could be a whole lot worse than they were. She could be stuck with an old man. Yeah, that was definitely worse. This she could handle. Or so she hoped.

"Okay, I guess we could head to this Serendipity place . . . Hopefully it's as big as the name," she replied with a sigh, letting her hand fall from her head and the other swinging the sword up to let the blade rest against her bare shoulder. She smirked as she grabbed her still soaked leather cape from the tree branch above her."Well, Fool, get leading the way."

Anonymous

In a small cell in a cellar like room a blue humanoid dragon lays on the floor knocked out cold.  A series of loud screams and gunshots wake the blue dragon up.  He stands up as his ax tail hits the floor.  He looks around and sees a stone cell with iron-bared doors.  â€œThis shouldn’t be to hard to get through.  The blue dragon backs up and lowers his triceratops like head and runs towards the cell door.  BAM.  The blue dragon lands on his butt.  Shacking his head he looks and sees that he is still in the cage.  â€œMan, I thought that would work.â€?  The dragon then notices a key lying on the floor next to his cage.  â€œWill its wroth a try.â€?  The dragon picks it up and unlocks the door.  â€œGood now I can ge…â€? He stops in the middle of his sentence as he sees tow guards lying dead on the floor.  â€œWhat have I walked into?â€?  The dragon takes a couple of deep breathes and starts up the stairs.  If he thought the first room was bad that was only the beginning.  The next room had blood everywhere.  The dragon pressed on seeing room after room of blood, “What happen here.â€?  The dragon got to the lasted open door open door and saw daylight.  Just before he got to the door he realized that all his weapons were gone but more importantly his orb of water was gone.  So back tracking a couple rooms he found a small hallway.  Turning down it he realized that what every happen to the main hall didn’t happen here.  The dragon could see one door at the end of the hall with the word armory on the door.  â€œGood, my weapons will be in there.â€?  The dragon opens the door and walks in.  He gets in side the room and no more then six steps in he hears a musket click.  â€œStop right there, who are you?  The dragon turns to see a lone guard sanding in the doorway.  The dragon raise up his hands, “My name is Hydrolisc, and I hope you will drop that weapon before I make you.â€?  The guard readies the gun and points it at Hydrolisc.  â€œBad move,â€? Hydrolisc swings his tail at the guard splitting him in two pieces.  He shacks his head back and forth, “Stupid.â€?  Hydrolisc turns and sees his water staff, his katana of water and his crossbow lying on a table.  Hydrolisc walks over and picks them up putting each weapon were it belongs.  â€œNow were is my orb.â€?  Hydrolisc turns to see his orb hanging form a hock were normally a key would go.  â€œOh, good.â€?  Hydrolisc picks it up and puts it on.  â€œNow I’m ready to go.â€?  Hydrolisc walks back to the main hall and goes out the last door.  â€œStrange, if that was a dungeon where were all the guards.â€?  Hydrolisc goes to spread and fly away when a figure appears before him.

Anonymous

The dark ninjesque figure happened to be surveying the area that was damaged by the two escapee's havoc. He only wishes if he could have made here to stop them on time. His form remains standing on the rooftop of the dungeon's building. He stands just above the main exiting door. The door a humanoid dragon happened to walk out of the moment he looks down. That's deffinately not normal. Kuro, being one of the best Mordecai in Connlaoth, quickly takes action by leaping off the edge of the building into a rather graceful front flip. His black scarf trails behind him with a sort of unnatural wave of a movement. He lands at a distance away from the building, just in the view of the dragonoid.
"Escaping arrest is a serious crime in Connlaoth. Much to the fact that your kind is to be detained immediately. In short, your actions mean death." Kuro explains just becore he instantly reaches to his side and then whips out his arm to send three shirukens at the dragonoid. You gotta be really fast and reflexive to avoid those. The ninja didn't even give enough time to breathe.

Anonymous

Hydrolis jumps to the side dogging all of them but one that hit him in the left wing.  Hydrolis eyes close do to the pain, “What the hell is your problem, what did I even do?”  Not waiting for a response Hydrolis raise his arm to shot a ball of water out at the ninja in front of him but nothing comes out.  “What, what’s going on?”  Not caring Hydrolis pulls out his katana, and this water staff.  “I have to wait a little bit that wound to my wing made it so I can’t fly for a some time.

Anonymous

"Being a mage in Connlaoth is a serious crime. Those holding the abilities of magic are to be detained as soon as discovered. Since you are an escaping mage, you are to be eliminated before any damage to the Kingdom can be delt. Enough talk. You have let out your last breathe." The black ninja explains just before leaping towards the nearest building, onlt to bound off the wall once he makes contact with it. The black scarf wavers in its own trail behind the ninja's path. From the wall, Kuro flies over Hydrolisc, tossing a smokebomb at his feet to cloud the area from view. The moment the dark ninja lands, he dashes at the dragonoid's back with his katana already in his grasp before he even landed on the ground.

Anonymous

Hydrolisc with his Katana in hand, and turns around blocking the ninja katana.  Hydrolisc jumps away out of the smoke.  Hydrolisc lands and thinks to himself, “Well my wings don’t work right know but at least they still let me glide for a good distance.”  Hydrolisc runs towards the ninja and with his staff in his hand and jumps towards the ninja swinging his staff at the ninja head.

Anonymous

Kuro's first attack was blocked, as expected. The dragonoid fled from the cloud of smoke, as Kuro assumed would happen. Now the fool is attacking. Mages are so predictable. The smoke cloud was to hide Kuro from view for such an occation. When Hydrolisc swong his staff, Kuro thew his body to the side in a sort of windmill motion to quickly avoid the attack. With the same motion, he swings his katana upward in attempt to throw the dragonoid off guard and slash at his stomach. Continuing with the motion, Kuro follows up by throwing his leg up to kick Hydrolisc in the stomach after slashing it, if successful. It would be very surprising if that setup was avoided altogether.

Anonymous

Out of the corner of his eye Hydrolics sees the sword come at his gut.  Hydrolics pushes his staff towards the ground barely out of the blades reach but not of the ninja’s foot.  Hydrolics gets knocked up into the air, “I guess this is when I should do it.â€?  Hydrolics spreads his wings and glides to the top of a building.  â€œYou’re very good, the best I have ever fought but I don’t have time for you.  So lets end this soon so get up here.â€?

Anonymous

Kuro's eyes were centered on the dragonoid at all times. He wasn't about to let this one escape as well. He even ignore the words that come from the beast's mouth. Once the fool was finished speaking, Kuro leaps off the ground to spring up to the height of the building and land on its edge. No normal human can accomplish such a task. Not without assistance of some sort. The black trail of the scarf continues to waver behind the dark ninja.
"Flattery will get you nowhere, fool. I have a job to do and disposing of you is just that." Kuro explain briefly before he moves, without warning, his arm to his side to grip onto three throwing daggars. He then proceeds to throw each one of them at Hydrolisc individually.

Anonymous

Those daggers would never make it to the dragonoid. They wouldn't even come close to it for that matter. The clearly distinguishable sound of someone dropping quickly through the air was easily heard, no effort put in to hide it. The vague blur of a person passed by Kuro's gaze, the sound of chains could be heard as well. One by one the daggers were snatched from the air, glints of silver were shown off reflecting the moon's light towards Kuro as if in a mocking manner.

The being landed on the edge of a building's roof, the same building that Hydrolisc was on. Between four different fingers were the three daggers, all tightly pressed into a grip that wouldn't easily let them go. The person was dressed in black form head to toe, only the shoulders and arms were bare, as well as the person's face. Short strands of silver hair stood out against the darkness. To the dragonoid, the face was visible, shadowed out by the darkness but easily seen nonetheless.

It was a woman.

She took a quick glance over her shoulder at Kuro and with a quick whipping of her entire body around, lashed those three daggers at him all at once at the same speed he hat chucked them at the dragonoid. Her body slipped back from the edge as she moved, empty hands with the remains of chain handcuffs around the wrists touching the roof and pushing herself back into the air. Coming down, she landed on one knee, the other bent up with her arm resting across it; staring off at Kuro; nothing to say.

Anonymous

Hydrolisc in shock at the speed the last couple events happened knew if it wasn’t for this women in black there was no way he could have dogged all three.  Hydrolisc looked at the women still in her lasted stance.  Hydrolisc wanted to thank her but knew that there would be a time and a place for that.  Hydrolisc swings his katana around so that the blade is pointing towards him (the way he holds it for defense)  then in the other hand holds his staff out in front of him going horizontal, and waits for the ninjas next move.

Anonymous

Last thing Kuro expected was for someone to help the lowly dragonoid. But it happened, and the individual happened to be another escapee. Someone else Kuro will have to deal with. This one could pose a challenge though, as she is as fast as Kuro. Seeming as though she were just a blur, Kuro managed to watch her entire movements as if they were as plain as day. She even had the decentsy to toss the ninja's throwing daggars back to him. With his own speed, Kuro spins forward in the path of his daggars to catch each one of them and stops spinning to throw them all at once. Two of them fly towards the dragonoid, while the other flies at the newcomer. Holding one more trick up his sleeve, Kuro had a hidden daggar for if the dragonoid did manage to avoid his daggars the first time. The ninja now has another use for it. Having to just come to a stop from his spin, Kuro adds an added front flip to make it seem like show. When in truth, he simply threw his hidden daggar in a direction that neither escapee is standing. He threw in the middle of the path between the two, just in case the newcomer decided to intervein again. Instead of running up to catch the two daggars headed for Hydrolisc, she would painfully catch the hidden daggar that Kuro had planned out.

Anonymous

[ OOC: Sorry for holding this up for so long, I didn't mean for the exams to cut into my roleplaying. o_x ]

-- IC --

From the distance that stretched between herself and that ninja, she met his eyes perfectly as if they were directly before hers. Creepy. Back to the dragonoid, the stranger watched the ninja carefully and caught the sight of him tossing those daggers once again. Though it wasn't expected he'd give throwing them a second try, but there had to be some sort of a twist into the entire thing. What it was, she wasn't too concerned with. They were little blades ... She was something she had no clue about. What kind of odds did a simple, small blade have against her? Now she was getting a little cocky.

Pushing herself off the edge of the roof, she came out to meet that dagger the ninja had thrown directly at her to snatch it with her hand, whipping herself around in the air to watch the two headed for the dragonoid and lashing that small blade towards the other two. It knocked the hilt of one and sent the two contacted blades into the third, pushing them mere inches off the course toward their target; all three falling at the dragonoid's feet.

The fourth dagger, however, she had not seen when she turned herself into its path.

That sharp tip of the smooth metal blade embedded itself into the tender flesh of her left side, inching its way inbetween two ribs and stopping to a final place. It gritted against a bone or two and the pain wasn't expected at all. She came short of reaching the edge of the building the ninja was on, loosing her momentum and making that dreadful plunge towards the ground between the two structures.

It was a gruesome sound that echoes through the air when her form came to make its impact on the ground below. A splintering design spread out from around her seemingly crippled body. She looked like the fly caught in the middle of a spider's web. Right hand rising up from her side a bit, it fell back over her stomach, her glazed eyes now hidden behind her eyelids. If there was any place she was going to be headed to, it wouldn't be anytime soon.

Anonymous

Hydrolisc watches as the stranger that came to help him now lies down on the floor hurt.  Hydrolisc makes a quick movie and grabs one of the daggers, and throws it in the direction of the ninja.  At the same moment Hydrolisc jumps off the building down towards the ground.  Hydrolisc spreads out his wing, “Come on work dam you.”  In that moment his wing start to move and Hydrolisc swoops up into the air right before he hits the ground, and then lands next to the stranger.  “Are you ok, here let me help you we have to get out of here and get you help.”