Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just Keep Steppin' (aruruu!)

Started by Anonymous, September 28, 2007, 02:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

((I don't have a profile for this guy up yet, but I figured I'd go ahead and post. Don't want to keep you waiting too long.))

Son of a fire-breathing dragon...

Tobias groaned as he forced himself to walk. How long had he been walking? A few hours at least. Considering the wounds to his head, stomach and leg he wished it been longer. Maybe he should have brought some friends with him. Even with the element of fire at his command, eight against one was still a pretty uneven match. But what friends did he have? Everyone back home thought he was crazy. "Oh yeah, sure, a glowing figure appeared to you in a dream, gave you your powers and told you to spread the news about some sort of 'Anointed One'. Do you know how many times we've heard that? You just had some bad cheese before bed. And your powers? You've probably always had them, you just didn't know it." This coming from possibly the smallest village on the planet. They may as well call it Smallville.

The pyrokinetic groaned again. He was starting to get dizzy. He would probably pass out soon, but he couldn't stop. He had to get as far away from his pursuers as possible. Even if he had no idea where he was going. Just keep steppin', just keep steppin'...

If he tripped then or simply couldn't stand any longer was anyone's guess, but he came tumbling face first to the ground. Dust rose up, stinging the still open wound on his scalp. Tobias gritted his teeth and brushed the strands of sandy blonde out of his eyes. It was then he noticed it: blood.

Yeah. Maybe it would be good to rest a while.

Anonymous

A teenaged girl with long black hair and ice blue eyes hummed to herself as swept the porch of her home.  She was about to go  to her backyard to tend to her garden when she saw the figure of a person walk and then fall  in the dirt . Dropping her broom she ran to the fallen form she then realized it was a guy (I don't know how old you want him to be) with sandy blonde hair and was bleeding very heavily from his torso , leg and head. "Oh dear you're badly hurt oh" Tomoyo summoned all of her strength to half-drag half-carry the stranger down the path to her front door. She opened it and continued to drag the injured to the spare room and laid him on the bed. She then removed his shirt and pulled up his pant leg to see how severe the wounds were. "oh you poor thing" she whispered as she ran to get some supplies she would need. She came back with a bowl of different herbs , cold water, alcohol and bandages. She dipped one of the cloths she had brought in some alcohol and for a second was glad he was out cold because if those wounds had hurt before and she was quite sure they did they would feel 10x worse with the liquid fire but she had to clean them so they wouldn't get infected. After she gently wiped the wounds free of dirt and debris she became mashing up the herbs in the bowl with a piece of round wood after it became a paste she carefully smeared a layer of the green goop onto each injury. Finally she wrapped his stomach leg and head in dry clean bandages and layed a cool cloth on his forehead. She then sat down and picked up a book to wait.

Anonymous

((I've got a partial profile up for him. Just click the link in my profile.))

Tobias groaned softly. How long had he been out? And where on Earth was he? After all, this didn't feel like the ground. That was where he'd landed, wasn't it?

What if he was dead? Wait...no...that' couldn't be right. Dead people don't have pain, right? He didn't think so. No, he wasn't dead, but he wasn't where he'd fell either, that much he knew.

He opened his eyes slowly. He was in someone's home. Who's home? He hoped no one he knew. Most of the ones he knew, at least this far from home, didn't like him. They really didn't like him.

Anonymous

Tomoyo put down her book and smiled as the young man opened his eyes she got up and stood next to the bed "Oh good you're awake I was afraid you were gonna die from all that blood you lost" She then left and returned with a glass of water "Here you go I bet your thirsty, mind if I ask you a couple of questions like who are you and how did you get so injured?" she asked.

Anonymous

He looked up at her the moment she spoke. So this was her home. Hm. Cute girl. She had similar coloring to a girl he liked back home. He wasn't in her bed, was he? Boy, that would be awkward.

When she came back with the water, he took it and more than happily (though you couldn't tell it from his face) chugged it down. Oh yes, he was thirsty, alright...and then, the questioning started. Not that he would ever be rude to a woman, but now was not the time for questions.

"Food," he mumbled roughly. At least he didn't try to be rude.

Anonymous

"That's not really an answer but I guess your pretty hungry huh?" she left again and returned with a bowl of hot stew (you could tell from the steam) and set it on the night stand within his reach "it's hot so be careful , you still haven't answered my questions though but I guess I should know your name first mine's Tomoyo".

Anonymous

Tobias immediately took the bowl and started eating. Hot? Hot wasn't a bother to him. It was great, exactly what he needed. "Tobias," he mumbled between bites. Maybe it was rude to talk with your mouth full, but he was hungry. Not to mention convinced that the girl wouldn't stop asking until she got an answer.

Anonymous

" Nice to meet you Tobias now I won't stop asking until you answer my quesyion" Tomoyo said if anything she was one-tracked minded once she asked or found something it was nearly immpossible for her to forget.

Anonymous

Of course she wouldn't. That's the way women were. They had to know everything. He finished his stew and sat up carefully.

"No time," he said, slowly getting to his feet. Pain shot through his body as he started to walk. Or limp, rather. "Thanks for the help, but I have to keep going." He didn't know how close they were, but he couldn't let them catch up. That and this girl was starting to get on his nerves. Not that he'd ever tell her that. It's just not something that should be done.

Anonymous

"Oh no you're not!" the raven haired girl said blocking his exit "You still injured don't expect me to believe that you'll walk out of here and NOT fall right on your face" Tomoyo said "So who's chasing you?"

Anonymous

Tobias ran a hand through his hair, careful to avoid the wound. "A lot of people chase me," he said, his irritation leaking a little into his voice. "Most of them want to kill me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go. I can take care of myself." Of course he still didn't know where he was going, but it wasn't as if it mattered. He would find his way eventually.

Anonymous

"I can see that judging from those wounds I'd say you take care of yourself real well" Tomoyo said saracastically why did men have to act so stubborn why couldn't they just accept help. A knock came at the door "Wonder who that could be?" she whispered to herself as she walked toward the door and opened it. Two men dressed in leather armor stood there "excuse me young miss we are looking for a pyrokinetic from our village this fugitive is veyr dangerous and is not very healthy in the mind" the man with a furry beard said as his partner snickered. "Well nobody like that here sorry" Tomoyo answered keeping the door somwhat closed to hide Tobias from their view, "Thank you for your time miss" the man said and left. "So you have friends huh?" the raven haired girl said to the figure behind her.