Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Time at the Beach (open)

Started by Anonymous, November 09, 2007, 04:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Character: Arian Kamaria

The sun was beginning to drop out of view as radiant shades of red and orange engulfed the sky.  The breeze blew slightly, carrying the sea's mist within it.  The dunes and various foliage cast a strange shadow against the sun's orange glow.  Down the beach, a cliff side towered above the ocean, bringing the delicate beach landscape to a halt.  The waves crashed against the cliff's base creating the distinct white noise of the waves. A lone figure stood on the tip of the cliff against the horizon.  His silhouette almost dancing as he practiced his martial arts.  Water flowed in rhythm with his movements as he shifted his weight into various stances.

Anonymous

"Hm...You don't see many people out here often..."

These words echoed playfully from a female voice behind the male. Silvery-white hair blew gently around her pale features and deep violet eyes which were fixed curiously upon the martial artist. Her clothing was obviously foreign, as it was almost silky and very colorful compared to something a native would wear near the water. The layered robes trailed around her feet, untied to reveal a lace-up top and black pants. They contrasted slightly, as they were rolled up at the knees in a tomboyish fashion.

"You seem skilled in what you do..." She mused, a slight accent on her voice. "I have attempted it  a bit as well...Although in not the same way as you, I believe..." She added softly, seeming not to mind if she as being heeded or not.

Anonymous

"Hm...You don't see many people out here often..."

These words echoed playfully from a female voice behind the male. Silvery-white hair blew gently around her pale features and deep violet eyes which were fixed curiously upon the martial artist. Her clothing was obviously foreign, as it was almost silky and very colorful compared to something a native would wear near the water. The layered robes trailed around her feet, untied to reveal a lace-up top and black pants. They contrasted slightly, as they were rolled up at the knees in a tomboyish fashion.

"You seem skilled in what you do..." She mused, a slight accent on her voice. "I have attempted it  a bit as well...Although in not the same way as you, I believe..." She added softly, seeming not to mind if she as being heeded or not.

hikaru.dream

Taiga scanned over the sea in pleasure.
He was enjoying himself.

He rarely got away from the others, so he felt that it was nice change.

The wind blew his black hair accross his handsome almost beautiful features and he brushed it away.
His sharp eyes caught a small silluette in the distance, far out on the sea. Knowing he could see it without doing so, he started up the cliff that he knew was there. Maybe he could see whatever it was better.
Taiga didn't look up until he was at the top, caught up in his own world, wondering what to do next.

It seemed that someone was already there.

Anonymous

Ari turned around to see not one but two people.

"Thank you, I've had many tedious hours of practice...its nice to know its apparent to someone other than myself."  Ari commented as he looked the girl over.  It was obvious that she didn't come to this area often by the look of her clothes.

"First time at the beach...um...what is your name?"

Anonymous

The young woman gave another strange smile as she too noticed the second arrival. However, she seemed rather unconcerned.

"My name is Takumi...Might I ask yours?" She inquired politely, giving a slight tilt of her head. Her strange amethyst eyes glittered in the  dying sun. "And I have been to the ocean before...But as a child."

"Ah...I understand how hard it can be to master an art...Forgive me if I impose, but may I ask what the name of that technique was?" She took a nonchalant step forward, silken robes sweeping about her.

Anonymous

"My name is..." Ari started.  He manipulated the water in front of him forming the letters A, R, and I in a row.  

"It's my own style of martial art I came up with to maximize my abilities."  Ari said.  Had this person questioning him been a guy he would not be so quick to converse, but he saw no harm in talking to her.

"As a child huh?  That is much too long...the ocean is such a wondrous place.  It's limitless grace and fury creates a perfect balance."

hikaru.dream

Taiga instinctively wanted to run.
He was not too good with people. Above that, the appearance of the other two startled him.
I guess I'm the one who appeared, he mused silently, and calmed himself.

Deciding that the other man's question was directed at the woman, he stayed silent and mentally went over his choices. He could leave, ignore them, talk..... Taiga didn't want to do the last one most of all. He wasn't afraid, it just wasn't what he wanted.

He listened to the conversation, feeling slightly guilty of eavesdropping.
From what they were saying, it seemed they had just met.
The man who called himself Ari had used water, Taiga noted.
Even to him, it was obvious the woman had come from somewhere else, at least she was not from this area.
As she stepped foward toward Ari, Taiga took a step back.
As he did so, the red reflection caught his eye, and he turned to look at the endless sea. Whatever he had spotted before was now gone.

Anonymous

Takumi stayed still once again, glancing slightly at Taiga. Suddenly a strange fluttering noise emanated from nearby. A small bat-like creature seemed to appear behind the silent man.

"Oh...My messenger has arrived...Nice water trick as well." Whirling around, she carelessly approached Taiga, flashing one of those mysterious and dangerous smiles. The unique animal teetered to her to perch on a finger. Its one large eye glittered eerily in the red light as it peered at itr master.

hikaru.dream

Taiga did his best not to take yet another step back as Takumi apprached him. He gritted his teeth. He wanted to whirl around and look at whatever was behind him, but that would make him turn his back to the woman so he stayed still stared silently at the other. And 'looked'.
It was a batlike creature. As it flew past him and landed on Takumi's finger, his eyes, which had turned from dark brown to silver, returned to their norma color.

A messenger?
Taiga felt himself tense up and carefully made himself relax.

"What it is?"
He had not meant to say anything, but pure curiousity seemed to have pushed him. He grimaced mentally. Oh well.

Anonymous

"It's one of my creations...My...'Child', in a sense." Takumi responded calmly, giving the animal a slight smile before glancing back at Taiga and then turning back to Ari.

"Your own creation, neh? Hm...I understand that as well..." She smirked mischeviously, pulling a long scroll from under the belt of her pants. Unrolling it further, she used the brush in her fingers to effortlessly draw several characters upon the paper.

"Geijutsu." She commanded simply, the simple foreign word causing a  flare of smoke to emerge from the parchment, enveloping the young woman completely. When the smog had cleared. a large dragon was curled about her, its moth-like wings resting comfortably on the ground at her feet. The bat-like creature had vanished.

"This...Is what I create."

Anonymous

"very intresting..."  Ari said walking slowly toward Takumi.

"Takumi was it...how about a quick duel?  My water against your...um...creations."

Then he looked past Takumi to the other person.

"How about you?"

Anonymous

"Of course...But don't think that my art is the only thing I use to fight..." Takumi gave a slight nod and brandished a deep bow, silver pigtails spilling over her face. "It will be an honor to find an interesting opponent..."

She glanced over her shouder at Taiga, the eyes of her dragon folowing and watching him, almost expectantly.

"I take it you will be content watching?"

hikaru.dream

Taiga was silent for a while then nodded.
"I'd like to join in but three is a big pain, in my opinion, so I'll stay out." He spoke in a soft tone. There was a slight accent to his speech as if he was not used to speaking the language.
"Of course, if you're sure you can take two people, I'm fine with that." Taiga added, not really meaning to insult anyone. He could tell well enough that both were strong. This may turn exciting, dualing or watching, he thought to himself.

Anonymous

"And don't assume water is all I use."  Ari said with a smirk.

"So shall we begin?" he said taking a few steps back and getting into a fighting stance.

Anonymous

"If you wish..." She nodded slightly at the second male and took a few steps back as well, amethyst eyes not leaving Ari.

"And of course I am..." She smiled in a sweet way...Or was it? Behind that look was a subtle ruthlessness that the young woman had obviously learned to conceal well.

"Please, do your best, neh?..." Takumi blinked innocently, twirling the long brush iddaly in her pale fingers while stroking her strange "pet".

Anonymous

Ari quickly formed the water into twin whips, one for each hand, and began to lash them out at Takumi.  Ari never once moved from his position, but simply shifted his weight into various stances and attacks in order to aim the whips.  As he did this, Ari gathered a pool of water around him to use.

Anonymous

Shedding her outer robes easily. Takumi instantly seemed to vanish, dodging the whips while making sure to keep her paper dry. In a moment, she was behind Ari, still staying behind the water.

"Touch of Death...Primary stage." She murmured, suddenly using her speed to burst forward and touch Ari between he shoulder blades with a single finger. If it worked correctly, it would have sent a tingly feeling up his back as a stun.

She moved back once more, smirking slightly.

hikaru.dream

Taiga nodded in reply to Takumi.

"My name is Taiga Hoshikawa." he politely, at last, but he doubted either was listening. Ari was already attacking.

He just managed to catch Takumi 'vanish' and was impressed at her speed. He was still able to see her move, but all the same it was fast, very fast. A small smile crossed his lips.

Taiga, who had been right behind Takumi, lightly jumped forward instead of back, just barely missing the well controlled whip. It was better to go forward than back, if the other used weapons that would change length at will.

He saw where she had touched Ari and how the magic flowed. Taiga also noted that Takumi took care to keep her scroll dry.

He liked Ari's style of fighting. It was almost unpredictable. So, that had been what they were talking about.

"Oto no hayasa wo himeshi mono yo. Ware no gohu ni chikara wo ataeyo."
 Taiga murmured softly. Something near his waist gave off a soft glow. It seemed he would need it.

Takumi had lowered her defense for a second, obviously satisfied with her work so far. Taiga's eyes didn't miss it.
Slivers of ice mixed in with water hurtled at her back as fast as she  herself had moved. He doubted it would hit her at that speed, but it was test. Nor did he think that they would hit Ari, but even if they did, they most likely wouldn't damage him too much. After all, it was his specialty.

He, too, scattered water around him and let it swirl around him.

Anonymous

Takumi smirked slightly as she felt Taiga watching her. Hmph...He's very observant... She mused to herself, watching the young man from the corners of her eyes. There seems to be something special about his eyes, however...So troublesome...I suppose it really is good that I plan ahead...

The rush of ice and water mingled and slashed through the woman. However, instead of bleeding, her body whittled into a torn piece of parchment, fluttering slowly to the wet ground. A decoy. Somehow...She had made a decoy.

"That was clever...Watching from the sidelines...Only to attempt an attack while both opponents are distracted..." Her accented voice was suddenly behind Taiga...That ruthless glint once again in her eyes as she stood, untouched, on another unfurled scroll.

"However, I am resourceful as well...I don't limit myself to creating only creatures, you see. An artist must be well-versed in all forms of life and any objects otherwise needed. Men are always such cheats..."