Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stupid bunny. [Zombieczarina!]

Started by Rhindeer, November 20, 2007, 09:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Yarra's long tail lashed out behind him irritably as he knelt on the earth on his hands and knees, peering intently down a hole in an earthen river bank. In that position, and with the intensity of his stare and his swishing tail, he kind of resembled a cat that had cornered a mouse. Kind of. Unless you counted the fact that he was humanoid in shape and a good six feet tall with smooth, pale red skin, a long, powerful tail that resembled a dragon's--even if it was devoid of scales, though it did have dark red stripes that continued all the way up his back--and some rather lethal-looking feet that were also draconic in shape and design, each toe ending in a sharp, hooked claw. His hands had claws as well, also black, and they were currently curled into the soil in his frustration.

No, he was no cat. He was a full grown Drygan, a proud and noble creature--and he was staring into some small animal's burrow.

"C'mon, you stupid bunny..." he growled softly, shuffling forward on his knees so he could bend down so his face was level with the burrow. But all he could see was darkness. The burrow was deep. Exhaling through his teeth, which made a hissing sound, he lifted a hand and reached into the burrow as far as his arm would go, which wasn't very far; it hit a wall, and after some feeling around, he realized the tunnel broke off into two tunnels heading in different directions. Growling again, he withdrew his hand and sat back on his ankles, brushing some orange bangs out of his face and smudging some dirt across his forehead in the process. The rest of his hair was tied back in a thick braid that reached the middle of his back, a stripe of white streaking his hair on both sides.

For a few moments he was silent as he appraised the situation, and for another moment he considered just giving up and setting the snare back up again in another location--only new and improved, you know, something that would actually catch and hold the unlucky critter this time. But then as he sat there his stomach gave a loud rumble and he winced at the sound. No. He had the rabbit cornered, and he was not going to let some stupid bunny outwit him! He was a Drygan! A big, tough predator! He would never be able to live it down if some rodent defeated him!

That decided, he rose to his feet, bent his knees--and promptly started to dig with his hands, sending dirt and unlucky plants flying out behind him through his legs and into the river behind him. His sharp claws sliced through the soil, making easy work of it, and whereas a human's hands might have cracked and bled, his skin was tough enough to handle it. All the while he grumbled as he worked though he sorely anticipated the moment when his claws would finally strike something soft and fluffy and fleshy, that stupid bunny that thought it was just so smart. Hah! It should know better than to mess with Yarra!

Then, suddenly, he heard something, his long, pointed ears picking up the sounds of scrabbling and rustling bushes somewhere over the bank. Instantly Yarra froze, even his tail went rigid and motionless as his yellow eyes stared up toward the top of the bank.

And there he saw it. The rabbit. The same fluffy brown bunny that had evaded him as it popped out the emergency exit of its burrow at the top of the bank. That brat!

With a snarl of rage, Yarra launched himself up the bank in one inhuman motion, tail lashing to balance him and hands forward and ready to grab the creature--which leaped nimbly out of the way.

Yarra hit the side of the bank hard, but he was a little short of the top, and try as he might to scrabble at the earth and pull himself up, the soil was moist and slippery. His claws slid uselessly through the mud and, with a yelp, he fell backwards and tumbled back down the bank.

And right into the river.

He resurfaced quickly, sputtering and spitting out water, for a few seconds too shocked by the chilly water to remember what he'd just done and how he'd ended up here, but once he'd stopped coughing and had parted the curtain of wet bangs that flopped over his eyes it all sank in.

"...Stupid bunny..." he muttered, and then, when he remembered he had no spare clothes but the vest and pants he was wearing, he amended, "Stupid me."

On the bright side, at least no one had been around to see that.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

That wasn't quite true. There was a soft chuckle, though there was a very slight hiss to it.

Ra'rin was trying not to laugh, she really was. But it was rather hard. She had been watching him for a little while, too amused to have disturbed him earlier.

She was a strange sight. She looked similar to Yarra, though her coloring was different. Her skin was a pale green color, almost white in places, though darker green on her tail, feet and arms, lightening the closer it got to her torso.

She moved forward, smiling. Her walk was strange, a her knees bent backwards, like an animals. Though she moved with an easy grace. She held her hand out to the dripping wet man, "Do you want some help out?" Her smile got a bit wider, "You can never be to careful. That rabbit might come back."

Rhindeer

As if Yarra's pride hadn't been bruised enough already from getting defeated by a rabbit and falling into a river as the result of his own horrid clumsiness, someone had to come along and kick his pride while it was down.

Yarra's eyes widened humorously, his mouth dropped open to reveal rather sharp teeth, and his cheeks darkened with what could only be a blush as a female walked into view--a female who looked terribly amused. That only made his blush deepen. Oh Gods. How much had she seen?! For a few moments he was too horrified and embarrassed to really register her appearance; the shock of someone else turning up in a place that he was certain was secluded, and right in time to witness one of his less-than-stellar moments, was enough to erase everything else.

Why did that always happen?! Only weeks ago and three--count that, THREE--people had run into him while he hung pitifully by one leg from a rope in a tree after getting caught in some trap. He had the greatest luck.

But then, as she held a hand out to him and teased him, he snapped his mouth shut and glared at her, his usual stubborn pride returning. "No, I don't," he growled, though it came out a bit sulky. He slapped the water with his tail and began waded forward toward the shore, body stiff. "And I had that rabbit, too. It was the bank that got me," he added sullenly as he started to climb his way out, grumbling to himself. He nearly slipped a few more times just hauling himself out, but finally he managed to climb out and stand, water pooling at his feet as he started to wring out his hair and clothes, shooting the woman even more glares here and there as though it were her fault this whole thing had happened.

Somewhere between wringing out his clothes and glaring at her, some vital chunk of information finally sank in.

Waaaait.

He looked at her again, but his eyes were no longer narrowed and his eyebrows were raised in inquiry as he looked her up and down twice. Wait. Smooth skin. No scales. Tail. Retillian look. White in her hair. The only thing weird were her knees, but...but...

"...What are you...?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

As he had climbed out of the bank, Ra'rin chuckled again, steping back to give him plenty of room, "Well, those banks can be very tricky. Or so I am told."

She waited for him to wring his clothes out, a smile still playing at her lips. As she studied him, her expression started to shift from amusement to puzzlement. She had first thought he was a lizardfolk. But as she got a better look at him, no longer half hidden by the river, she began to see the differences.

She blinked at him, moving closer, circling him as she moved in that strange, graceful walk, "I am many things. But I think that you are like me."

She reached one clawed hand out, then hesitated just before touching him, as if unsure wither he would be real or not, "Are you a Drygan too?"

She had never seen one of her father's people before. She had just heard her mother describe him.

Rhindeer

Yarra watched her closely as she neared him, his body suddenly gone stiff in a way that had nothing to do with his wet, cold body. Why hadn't he noticed it before? Of course he'd noticed her, but he hadn't thought anything unusual about her looks. She looked perfectly normal to him, considering he resembled her, but now what that resemblance meant was finally sinking in. Strangely, his eyes were mostly focused on her hair, studying the number of white stripes running through it. He only had two thin ones; if she really was Drygan, she would be stronger than he, not to mention that she was also much taller, though he hadn't realized that until he'd gotten onto level ground with her.

He took a step backwards when she reached out to him, watching her cautiously all the while, though he still allowed her to touch him.

And then came the question.

Yarra swallowed. "Y-yeah..." She was a Drygan. Or part Drygan, at least. She said she was many things, after all, and her knees were on wrong, anyway. But she was still Drygan. Even though he suspected it, it was still a shock to hear her actually say the word...it was a word he'd heard spoken by no other but his mother--and a woman that had a vendetta against Drygans and had been hunting them.

For a few seconds, Yarra was torn between two very different instincts and impulses: leaving and staying. He'd never met another Drygan, and his mother had warned him to be cautious; some killed each other for their blood and power, though this one certainly didn't seem the type. She looked curious, not homicidal, but one instinct told him to leave now, regardless. She was bigger and had more power.

Curiosity defeated caution, though, and after a few moments he let his shoulders slump and muscles relax. "Yeah, I am," he repeated, voice more confident this time. And then, eyeing her shrewdly. He took a step forward then and leaned toward her, sniffing at the air between them before straightening again and crossing his arms over his chest. "And I take it you're...part Drygan." He tilted his head to one side then, birdlike, and his eyes narrowed a little. "Are you for the Chosen or against?" he asked suddenly.

That would decide it, he thought. That would decide whether or not she could be trusted.

Anonymous

It wasn't hard to see how much white was in Ra'rin's hair, as her hair was clumped into chunks of various lengths, held together with a brightly colored bead at the end. About half her hair was white, mixed in with the dark blue.

When Yarra moved closer, she didn't move, just calmly watched him. Only her head moved, studying him, memorizing as much as she could. She had never met another Drygan before. Not even her father.

She wasn't afraid of him. She couldn't compare how much white was in his hair verses hers, as she didn't know it mattered. But he was smaller then she was. Less powerfully built. And he didn't seem to mean her any harm.

At his comment, she nodded, "I am half Drygan." Then she leaned forward, sniffing lightly at his scent. It was exciting to have someone that smelled like her. Like her Drygan half.

At his question, she frowned, her expression puzzled, "Chosen? I don't know anything about a Chosen."

Rhindeer

He didn't back away when she leaned forward to sniff at him, only stood there and let her since he'd just done the same to her. Half Drygan...interesting that the first other Drygan he would meet would be a hybrid, and it looked like for once he was having good luck, too, since she obviously wasn't hostile. Still, he needed to have that question answered before anything else. It was an issue he felt rather strongly about, and he refused to be around someone who didn't support the Chosen.

Funny. He felt intensely loyal to someone he'd never even met, someone he didn't even know was alive or dead. But the loyalty was there nonetheless, and it didn't matter that he didn't even know that Drygan.

He still believed in the Chosen, regardless, and when Ra'rin answered his question with confusion and ignorance...Yarra blinked several times and raised his eyebrows in surprise, though his body also relaxed. If she didn't know one way or the other, there was no harm, after all. It was just...bewildering.

"What? You...you don't know about the Chosen?" Well, she did say she was half Drygan, so...maybe it was natural that she wouldn't know who the Chosen was? Still, it was strange. His mother had taught him everything, educated him about his kind, about his heritage, about their laws and customs and lore. Maybe a hybrid wouldn't get the same treatment? Hell, for that matter, did a hybrid even count as one of the one-hundred Drygans in the world?

In any case, her not knowing was far better than her being against the Chosen. "The Chosen is only the most important Drygan out there! Don't you know anything about Drygans?" he asked, then winced. That sounded more snappy and rude than he had meant it to sound, but he wasn't used to dealing with other people, anti-social Drygan that he was.

He sketched a quick, apologetic bow. "Sorry. I mean, no one told you? That's really strange. Ah, well, the Chosen is the One With Power, the...er...the one Drygan that is destined to free himself from the Drygan's curse if he can survive to do so. He's the most powerful among us. Or she. I don't know, I've never met the Chosen nor do I know if he's even alive right now. There are two sorts of Drygan--the ones for the Chosen, and the ones that wanna kill the Chosen and take his power for their own...and...um..."

He paused, swishing his tail back and forth behind him thoughtfully. "Do...do you know any of that? Anything at all? Ah, well, in any case, I'm for the Chosen. If you don't know anything about it, just...you should be for the Chosen, too. Just know that." He gave a decisive, pleased nod, as though he'd just decided her allegiance for her right then and there.

And of course the whole thought of introductions and giving his name flew right over his head, but at the same time he'd also forgotten how she'd laughed at him earlier. That was probably a good thing.

Anonymous

Ra'rin frowned a little at his rather rude comment and utter shock at her ignorance. Though she didn't say anything at his long speech, just listened. Her mother had known very little, so this was the first she really got to learn of her culture.

She shifted her weight a bit, her muscles moving smoothly under her skin. The power and strength in her frame was evident. When she finally spoke, her voice was rather neutral, the earlier warmth of it gone, "I know almost nothing about the Drygan. I never knew my father and my mother is a Lizardfolk."

She then tilted her head, unconsciously mimicking his motion from earlier, "Before I choose to be for or against this Choosen, I think I would like to meet them. What if they are cruel? Or insane?"

She frowed again, chewing on the tattoo on her lip, "And what is the curse?"

Rhindeer

"Ah...well that makes sense. Whatever Lizardfolk are. But didn't your mother know what was rooting her?" Then his eyes widened and he blushed again, ducking his head and rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm sorry. That was rude. Forget I said that, I didn't mean that." Ergh. Think, Yarra, think! He really needed to remember to think before speaking...

Still, he stared at her as she spoke. Meet the Chosen first? Yarra shook his head. "It doesn't matter. Even if they are insane or cruel, they're the Chosen," he said simply, raising his eyebrows in disbelief at her. "If they don't survive, the curse can't be broken, and--"

He stopped, mouth hanging open at her question. She...really was ignorant. "You don't know about--alright." He took a deep breath, trying for patience. He really was trying, she was the first Drygan he'd met aside from his mother and she was sane and not all hostile. He didn't want to chase her off.

"The curse...alright. Don't look so worried, you've probably already experienced it without even knowing. The curse is, well, not belonging. We're all bastard children," he said with a shrug. "We can never belong among humans or dragons, we can't even belong among other Drygans, and our souls can never rest, blah blah, all that good stuff. Basically, when we die...we reincarnate. The cycle repeats. If the Chosen survives and dies naturally, he or she won't reincarnate and someone else will become the Chosen. This keeps going until all one-hundred of us finally find peace. That's all. It's not likely, none of the Chosen have made it. We're our own worst enemies."

He crossed his arms over his chest, eyeing her hair, and then grinned, baring sharp teeth. "Speaking of that, word to the wise since you obviously don't know much. You're lucky I'm a 'nice' Drygan or I'd have killed you a hundred times over by now, just so you know. You gotta be careful, and your ignorance could cost you. You have power. Drygans kill for that. Just a word to the wise, since you kinda came up on me all friendly-like with all your defenses down. You might not wanna do that next time."

He didn't really mean it to sound threatening and rude, but he really didn't have the best people skills. If that wasn't painstakingly obvious.

Anonymous

At the comment about her mother, Ra'rin looked angry for the first time. She looked ready to punch the other Drygan, but she took a deep breath, calming herself. And he apologized. Her voice came out lower, the anger not totally hidden, "My mother knew what my father was. But that doesn't mean she knows much about his people."

She listened to him talk, trying to calm herself again. Which wasn't very hard. She didn't anger easily and tended to not stay angry long. She was frowning again as Yarra kept talking. This was all very strange to her. She was no stranger to violence and danger, but she hadn't expected to be attacked just for being a Drygan.

She crossed her arms under her chest, thinking. She didn't say anything for a moment, just chewed on her lip. Finally she nodded at Yarra, "Thank you for the advice. I hadn't....I had not realized that the Drygan were such a cruel race."

Then she smiled again, clapping Yarra on the shoulder, "Though I am not very afraid of someone who is beaten by a river bank and outwitted by a rabbit."

Rhindeer

...Oops. Apparently, that really hadn't been the best thing to say, and for a moment there he really regretted it--and not just because it looked like she was about ready to try and hurt him. Yeah, not really the best idea to piss off a Drygan bigger and stronger than you, but...but luckily she calmed and he relaxed again. "Sorry," he repeated, feeling a little bad for insulting her. It wasn't any of his business what went on, after all...yeesh. He really needed to think more.

Yarra opened his mouth, about to correct the "cruel" comment by substituting the word with "intense", but that was when she clapped him on the shoulder. He winced, his mouth snapping shut with a soft click of teeth and his eyes narrowing in irritation, but his cheeks also darkened with obvious embarrassment as he repressed the urge to groan. Oh Gods. She wasn't going to let him live that down, was she? Why couldn't strangers walk in on him when he was doing something utterly awesome and bad ass? Why did they always have to find him when he was being the most foolish?

He jerked away and crossed his arms over his chest, shoulders hunching as he angled his body away from her. Mostly it was just to hide the fact that he was blushing again. "It didn't outwit me, it just...just..." He cleared his throat awkwardly. "You couldn't have done any better," he muttered sourly, uncrossing his arms to pluck at his soaked vest, trying his best to ignore the goosebumps all along his skin or the fact that he was shivering. Defeated by a river bank. Augh. She made one more quip about that, and he swore he'd toss her into that river just to make himself feel better.

Well. Kind of better. He'd still be cold and--

Yarra winced when, right at that moment, his stomach gave a loud rumble and he quickly clapped both hands over his belly. Wonderful. Cold, hungry, and humiliated in front of a female. This was so his day.

Anonymous

Ra'rin gave a short, barking laugh. The poor boy looked so misrable. She shook her head, still grinning ear to ear, "Who knows how I would have done."

As she spoke, she began looking around, trying to see a good spot, "I'll make a fire and you can strip out of those wet clothes." She turned back to him again and gave him another smile, "Make up a little for teasing you. Though I don't have any fresh meat, I do have some that's dried. It will help a bit."

Rhindeer

"I could make a fire," Yarra said, glancing back over at her. The irritation seemed to have faded, along with the blush, gone as quickly as it had come. That could have had something to do with the fact that she was no longer teasing him and was instead appealing to his stomach, and that was enough to make him forget his bruised ego. Getting dry was a bonus. "It's my element."

Well, guess this means I'm sticking around for a bit, he thought as he followed her example and glanced around the area, looking for a place where they could build a fire without lighting up the whole forest--which was also, he told himself, the only reason he wasn't dry and content and munching on a well-done, if slightly crunchy, rabbit right now. Ah well. Now he had company and he really had no reason not to hang around for a while. He would have made a fire around here anyway to get dry.

He kicked and nudged some rocks and pebbles out of the way to make a little clearing in the sand, then shrugged at Ra'rin. "This looks like as good a place as any," he said, reaching behind his back and pulling his braid over his shoulder. "Unless you have any better idea--hey!" Suddenly he squinted at her as though seeing her for the first time. "We didn't give our names, did we? I'm Yarra."

Then he pulled the tie free of his braid and raked his fingers through the thick hair to undo it, keen on getting it dry. No longer tied up, his hair nearly reached his waist; he'd never cut it in his life, and certainly didn't plan on it. Luckily he didn't have to worry about it reaching his ankles or anything as it didn't seem to want to grow any longer than it was now. It was still a pain in the ass, but he prided himself in it nonetheless and it was pretty obvious that he took good care of it. Probably a little strange for a male.

Anonymous

Ra'rin gave a small laugh and gave a small curtsy, bow thing, "It is a pleasure to meet you Yarra. I am Ra'rin."

She glanced down at the place he had indicated, nodding, "This seems like a good a place as any." She gave him another toothy grin, "Fire is one of mine to call too. What other one do you control?"

Ra'rin enjoyed being around people. She liked to have someone around, even if they weren't talking. And Ra'rin was a very good listener. So she was quite happy to have run into the rather funny Drygan.

She settled herself, her sit rather odd due to her knees. It took her a moment to adjust herself and for the first time seemed to lack that easy grace she moved with. But once she was comfortable, her attention turned back to Yarra, "You have very nice hair. Would you like help drying it?"

Raising children was rather communal where she grew up. So Ra'rin was no stranger to helping people. And she liked to brush hair.

Rhindeer

He nodded in acknowledgment as she introduced herself, repeating the name quietly to himself as though to commit it to memory. But then when she went on, announcing the fire was also one of her elements...

Yarra's eyes widened humorously, his entire body going rigid. Even his tail stopped moving. "Wait, wait, wait! One of yours to call? Other element?!" he repeated, gaping at her. "You...you have more than one? I only have one...fire. Most Drygans only have one..." he said, eyes moving to her hair again, studying the white strands. She really was powerful. It wasn't unheard of for other Drygans to have two elements to call, but it certainly was a mark of a stronger Drygan, that was for sure.

Finally his body relaxed as she settled down on the ground, and he shook his head, reaching up to smooth his damp bangs out of his eyes. "Unbelievable. Man, am I glad you're both ignorant and nice," he muttered before he began to undo the clasps of his vest, eager to get out of the sopping clothes. Jeez. He really was lucky. She could have killed him in a heartbeat if she wished it.

He shrugged out of the vest and let it fall to the ground with a wet plop, and then he actually smiled for what was probably the first time in this whole encounter as she complimented his hair. "Thank you. But no, I got it. Ah, do you got the fire or do you want me to get it?" he asked, changing the subject. He didn't like people touching his hair, and even the thought made him a little uncomfortable, especially coming from a stronger Drygan.

Anonymous

Ra'rin was a little surprised to find out that calling two elements wasn't normal. She had just figured that everyone could. It was probably very good that her first encounter with a Drygan was with a rather nice one.

She nodded her head, "I can call fire and earth." As Yarra began to strip, Ra'rin didn't even bat an eye. She was quite used to nudity and she hardly noticed it anymore.

She rolled her shoulders, the muscles rippling under her skin, "I can get the fire." She reached her hand forward, concentrating a moment and a bright flame appeared. She didn't bother looking for any wood to keep the fire going naturally. With how wet everything around the river would be, it would take to long.

She then reached over and lifted the wet vest up and wrung the water from it as best she could before stretching it out in front of the fire to dry better, "When you are ready, I have food. And once you are dry, we can hunt something fresh if you like. It was one of the reasons I came out here."

Anonymous

Right about then, the fire burned white, just for a moment. There was a sound like... like the sound of glass under pressure- a bright sound, although it was so high-pitched that perhaps the ears of the Drygans didn't pick it up.

--
A few seconds earlier, in a cellar somewhere in Necromantia..

It all happened very quickly. Cinder saw events in freeze-frames, as one often does when one's heart is beating very, very fast. The apprentice's cowering face, the open lantern door, freedom at hand! almost - and then the ham-fisted hand of her captor, speeding towards the latch... Quickly, quickly, any fire, any fire, far away from here... ah, there!
The master's voice: "You shrew of a f-" Cinder did not hear the rest of the sentence. She winked, and vanished. Fist met latch and the lantern door swung shut. Too late.

Cinder felt the familiar diminisment of self, felt herself dissolving into, merging with, becoming the fire that roared within her veins; the fire-in-all-things that was transporting her many millions of miles, across seas, to a little magical fire by a riverbank in the middle of the Draconi forest.
--

As the fire returned to its normal shade, all was not as it had been before. Something small and dark could be seen, floating suspended in the midst of the flame. It was pixie-shaped. And it was laughing, raucously.

"Take that, you weasel-faced worm of a magician! Let that teach you for taking on apprentices. Ha! Use me for your parlour tricks, will you? Let's see what they think of you now, Mr-so-called-amazing, when they find out you're about as magical as bean curd..." Cinder stopped shaking her tiny fists in the direction of Necromantia, and danced a little gig to herself. Only then did she pause to take stock of where she was, and whose fireside party she'd gatecrashed this time.
Ah, Drygans.
Oh. naked Drygans.
Well, one, at any rate.
Cinder realised at this point that she had probably been monologuing. She was not in the slightest bit abashed. She adressed the Drygans.
"Well, don't get all dressed up just on account of me."
She looked from face to face.
"I do hope I'm not interrupting anything," she said, her little rosy face clearly emanating the hope that she was.

OOC) So, this thread is still open, isn't it? If not, I'll happily skidaddle - its just that she needed a thread with a fire in it, didn't she? And this one kinda looked like fun ^^ But yeah, you can tell me to go away if you like. [/i]

Anonymous

(Normally the thread will say open if it's open for anyone to join and if there is a name instead, that means it's open to that name. But no worries about jumping into this one.)

Ra'rin blinked slowly at the pixie. She was a little surprised to have something suddenly appear like that, but it didn't seem dangerous. She tilted her head to the side, the beads in her hair clicking slightly, "I wasn't planning on putting anymore clothes on."

She glanced over at Yarra, wondering if he had a better idea about what this was then she did, "You are not interrupting anything. We were just going to eat some food."

Rhindeer

Yarra had been about ready to answer Ra'rin's question--and strip out of his breeches now that a nice fire was going--when raucous laughter that certainly wasn't coming from either he nor Ra'rin split the air. Yarra jumped and looked around the area for the laughter's source, tail curling upwards and body alert and tense, when his eyes finally landed on a little...thing...in the fire. A little thing that was yelling at something. Bean curds?

Blinking several times and furrowing his brow, Yarra crept closer to the fire and bent down so his face was level with the strange little bug thing. Was it a bug? What the hell was it doing in a fire? Shouldn't it be dead? He narrowed his eyes against the heat and brightness, and then frowned. It was a little person-thing...

Then that little person-thing addressed both he and Ra'rin.

"No...you're not interrupt--oh." Suddenly Yarra blushed and straightened, the implications sinking in. Oh. He was a male, Ra'rin was a female, and...He glanced down at his partially undone breeches and coughed. "Right...er, no. You're not interrupting anything," he finished, glancing over at Ra'rin briefly before, with a soft growl to himself, he finished undoing the laces, stepped out of his breeches, and promptly sat down with his tail curled around his body and across his lap. Stupid person-thing. He wouldn't even have thought about that otherwise, unconcerned with nudity as he was, but it wasn't like it mattered anyway and he wasn't going to let it get to him!

He rolled his eyes and glanced back at Ra'rin. "Yeah, about that food...mind if I eat the bug here?"

Anonymous

Ra'rin was a bit puzzled at Yarra's blush. She still had even made the connection that the little spirit might have though they were in the middle of having sex. Nudity didn't really equal sex where she was from.

When Yarra pulled his pants off and quickly sat down, the female Drygan didn't even bat an eye. She just kept her good eye on the little spirit. It hadn't made an aggressive actions so far, but as she didn't know what it was, she would rather not assume she was stronger then it.

She did glance Yarra's way at his question and she gave a short laugh, "I have no problem with you eating her. But I think she would burn your mouth."

She turned back to the fire thing, tilting her head in the odd, birdlike motion again, "What...are you? If I may ask."