Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lumenari -- Sun Worshippers

Started by Tally, March 09, 2005, 12:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

I've started up a group of fanatical sun worshippers called the Lumenari. Most of them are NPC right now, but it'll be more fun the more people we have. ^^ So here's the basics, for anyone who's interested.

What they do:
Basically, they're a band of outlaws who will ride around and cause trouble for everyone else. They will be harassing many areas, including Serendipity, Adela, the DMV, and any other place they please. They especially like to go after Drow, and they are not above torture, sadism, or the murder of innocents. They're a pretty tight knit group, too.

What they believe:
The basic belief of the Lumenari is that the Sun is the source of all power and life in the world. To walk in the Light of the Sun is to accept Her (the sun is feminine to them) as a conscious force and the ultimate power. They believe the Sun personified herself and walks on earth now. They refer to this person as the Living Sun, and their ultimate aim is to see her rule the world. Creatures of darkness (like drow, for instance) are on the same level as animals. Humans who don't follow the Living Sun (like all of Adela and Serendipity) are considered ignorant savages.

Who they are:
The majority of the Lumenari will come from the desert and belong to a race of people called the Solisi. If you play as a Solisi, all you need to know is that they have fair skin, either light or red-colored hair, and a serious superiority complex. However, what matters to the Lumenari is that you follow the Living Sun; what race you belong to is secondary. So don't hesitate to join up a different race. Anthros—especially bird anthros or anthros of desert animals—are considered on the same level as the Solisi.

And that's about it! You can join up as any kind of character you like...warrior, priest, healer, scout, assassin, etc. Whatever comes to mind. All you need to know is that they are all skilled and devoted.

Also, they draw strength from any kinds of fire, heat, or light, and their weapons are forged with a remarkable substance called Incendia that can burn hotter than fire and glow with a blinding light when they want it to. Ohh, and their leader is my character, Dimitri.

They're all currently in the Light Mage Village under the thread "Loved by the Sun," so just jump on in if you want! ^_____^

Anonymous

Ah! You know the Luminari exsist yes? But they are Italian localization and translation experts....um anyways! Sounds good it does, hey you're making examples of one of my characters that I am using yes? I see three descriptions of my character there :? Heh! It sounds good though :D I think it is a good idea, don't you guys? I like the sounds of these characters I do! Hey those the people in the little roleplay meeting place thingy they wer are in just now?

Anonymous

Currently the little group of sun worshippers are in The Light Mage village.

You would probably have to make a new character or something, or... add one that lurbles the sun :P

You can post there if you like, I think it's titled 'Loved by the Sun'... But I don't really remember O_o

Rhindeer

Hmmmm...

My Zeirne might be interested. I need a good solid plot to toss him into, and I think the thread he's currently in is winding to a close. He's a winged half-human, half-phoenix, and he's quite...chaotic. And sadistic. And the like. And he could easily believe in the Sun as a deity, as I haven't yet specified what deity(s) he worships, so...yeah!

Only problem is that he haaaates humans with a passion, but I'm sure that if he found out that the Lumenari kill and torture humans, too (even if some among them are humans), he'd make an acception. XD

Well, I guess my only question would be: are people born into the Lumenari culture/are they an exclusive culture, or do they accept joinees?

if it's the latter, it's no biggie, I'll just make a new character! XD Because I'm really interested! ^____^

EDIT: Wait, duh...Zeirne wouldn't work for this, actually...because he's not of their race...and he has a superiority complex all of his own. XD So, I think I'll just make a new charrie. And new charries are a blast, anyway. Bwah.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

I'm definitely in. New charrie coming right up

Anonymous

(>.</) Oooooooooooo!!!! I am so in.

I finally sat here and read the thing after having skimmed through it for a day or two. ^^;; -Skitters off to create yet another character.- =^.^=

Tally

Eeee! I'm so happy that people are actually interested in this! ^______^ I think there's good potential for conflict with this group, and not just with outside conflict. I think the in-group dynamic between the members has a lot of potential for interesting plots, too.

Ohh, to answer your question Rhi, yes, they would accept new members. And a character wouldn't have to be of their race to join, just a sun worshipper. It's the religion that's important. AND they'd be open to working with other characters who aren't in the Lumenari if it helps them accomplish their goal. In other words, if you wanted to throw Zeirne at them but didn't want him to join, that would work, too.

Oh, and you don't have to join the group to participate in the thread of course. Feel free to toss any characters you want in their direction, just to interact with them. Makes things more interesting. It's a very open storyline; I'm not taking it in any particular direction right now, so don't hesitate to throw something unexpected their way if you feel like it.

Tally

Okay, I edited my first post to provide much more detailed info! Hope that clears up a few things!

Anonymous

He-ey! What about snakes? ^^;; They need heat to survive and I have my little hates-the-world antho hubby Kyoko Kaishi ^^;; (who is currently int he catacombs with his ever loyal, and ever annoying sidekick Kajioh.

KK and Kaji need some friends.. and since snakes would die with out the sun, he'd basically fall into the organization.. except he's a stubborn lil' bastard. ^^;;

Rhindeer

Hehe...heheheheh...Kajioh (housecat anthro XD) as a Lumenari...

Well, he goes where KK goes, and as he's veeery easily amused and entertained, I can imagine him becoming enraptured by the sun. XP He'd be freaked out about the stuff the group does, but he has the attitude and naivete of a child (even though he's reeeally 16), and if it was rationalized to him, he'd buy it. Especially if KK thought it was okay, since KK is his hero and savior and role model and daddy and stuff. XDD W00t.

*goes to work on whipping up a Solisi charry*
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

Kyoko Kaishi would absolutely be welcome among them. ^^ And if you don't want to alter his whole belief system by making him a fanatical worshipper like they are, that's cool, too. They would work with people not officially in their group if it helped them accomplish their goals.

I got kinda busy in the last few days and I couldn't post Dimitri, but I'll post him again, today. And while I'm on the subject of posting...

*offers Rhi a cookie* Don't forget about Lykoth, now. ^_____^

Rhindeer

Yes sir, ma'am sir! *salutes and scampers to Post Land*

Anonymous

This sounds interesting, and there's a girl character lingering in the back of my mind who might fit!, and could be a Solisi, too! Too bad Mariren isn't a worshiper of the sun, she would seriously be able to do the superiority complex thing. But, the character I have in mind should be good, I just need a few days to let her linger and settle her characteristics!

Tally

Yay, we're getting more people!! I think I'll add a second character in there myself to make things even more interesting. We're still in the LMV, under the thread Loved by the Sun if anyone else decides to jump in! We're gonna go drow hunting soon!

Y'know, I think what I like about the Lumenari is that they do "evil" things but they believe they're doing the right thing. I like antagonists like that. ^^

Rhindeer

Quote from: "Talyafera"Y'know, I think what I like about the Lumenari is that they do "evil" things but they believe they're doing the right thing. I like antagonists like that. ^^
Those're the best breed of antagonist. At least, in my not so humble opinion. ^___^ Playing with worldviews is fun!

Drow hunting! Whee!

Anonymous

heh..if they wanna die ^_^

Anonymous

Question! Do Solisi have magic? I'm wondering if Lejia can have healing power derived from light and fire and heat, or just be very good at medicine, potions, setting bones, etc.

Anonymous

Of course they can have magic! As long as if has to do with 'Mother Sun' and light and stuff... none of this 'water' stuff. ;)

Our Luminari, Die because of Drow? HA! Don't make me laugh, they have one up on your guys they have LIGHT. So, they can see in the Darkness and they don't go blind in all kinds of surface light. (You know, Drow can't stand light if they're just out of the underdark.. You cheater.)

Anonymous

Good! I can give her spiffy healing powers, but depend on  her environment. In the daytime when its sunny, lots of healing. At night, without light = no healing, except in the normal, non magical way. Mother Sun will have to be watching her for her to do anything.

Random thought: Would the moon be the daughter of the Mother Sun or such? It reflects the Sun's light sometimes... Interesting thought. Or would it be the opposite, an enemy of the Sun? Sorry, I like knowing details, if its bothersome you don't have to answer! *scoots off to have Lajia post*

Anonymous

Ohh one of my characters have met the Luminari! They are in my roleplay in the meeting place...they are a mean bunch :?