Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let it begin.

Started by Anonymous, December 29, 2004, 05:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

MOVED THREAD (called "Get ready..")

CHARACTER(s): Vernados, Lilith, Ahlekk AUTHOR: Ivv

In the massive yard of a large house at the very edge of the Light Mage village, burrowed away behind countless trees which almost engulf the house itself, Ahlekk ran through a small obstacle course. A sword in hand and another sheathed on his back, he dashed through the thick vegetation, diving under the space between fallen trees and leaping over obstacles that couldn't be dove under. With his sword in hand, he cut the head off a dummy half way through the course before looking around him and skilfully ducking only moments before a set of arrows flew past him and hit a tree behind him.

He dashed to the house and touched the side of the house. "Done!" He called, gasping for breath and looking over to Lilith.

"That was quick," Lilith said with a smile. "I bet I can do better, though." She added with a grin.

Ever since Sanyu had left Lilith hadn't been quite her self, but slowly it seemed she had gone back to normal--of course, this is all from an outsider's point of view. Vernados and Ahlekk had rarely known her when she was with Sanyu. Yet her change of self was not completely over the loss of Sanyu, but rather an anger at him. She didn't miss him anymore so much as she was angry at him for leaving in the first place. It was as if he found she wasn't good enough to be friends with--like Ahlekk and Vernados were nothing compared to him. The Sanyu she had thought she had known was forgotten after he left and never came back.

Lilith went through the course, opting to leap over more obstacles rather than dive under them as Ahlekk had. She stumbled on one jump but was quick to regain herself. When she touched the side of the house both she and Ahlekk looked up to Vernados who was clad in white pants and a white shirt (in a form without his wings).

"Who won?" The both asked almost simultaneously.

"Ahlekk did, by a small margin." Vernados replied with a grin.

Ahlekk jumped in victory and beamed. Lilith huffed and wiped the sweat from her brow. "He always wins!" She said with a sigh. She had to beat him! If she kept losing to him he'd never let her live it down!

CHARACTER: Lilith AUTHOR: Ivv

Night fell over the village and Ahlekk and Lilith reluctantly went off to bed.

Lilith, as she always did, went to sleep in what had been Sanyu's room. Over time she'd forgotten why she slept in his room and just knew that it was where she felt safe. Ahlekk went to his own room after wishing Lilith a good night.

Lilith went to bed with relative ease, being rather exhausted from the training, well it all seemed like play now, that she and Ahlekk had done outside. At one point Vernados had even challenged them to keep up with him through the forest--they had to watch and follow him as he flew over the treetops. It wasn't an easy task, but it was fun all the same.

Lilith's mind fell into a dream scape. One she'd seen before, but not many times. The dream had reoccurred perhaps three times, as she remembered.

It was pure darkness, but before a bright light came over her, she could hear chaos close by. She couldn't see anything but black, perhaps some light from the corners of her eyes but there was nothing that she could see, and just as she was about to look about her surroundings, she began to gasp--she felt like she couldn't breathe. She couldn't! The dream was changing, usually she could see someone coming for her, but this time she couldn't see anything. Instead, she felt someone pick her up. If felt so real. She felt so hot and when she chances a glimpse, still trying to breathe, she saw a bright light--fire.

She shot up in bed, gasping for the air she had been deprived of in her dream--whether it had actually happened and she'd stopped breathing in reality was beyond her knowledge. She was in a cold sweat and got out of bed and began to pace around the room, trying to calm herself. She felt like she had almost died and couldn't remember much of what she had just dreamt of. It felt like it all had just happened, but in the back of her mind she knew it hadn't. She knew it couldn't have, because she never left the room and she didn't feel anything but shock, really.

She tried to calm herself and finally sat down on the bed, looking out the window at the leafless branches. She felt alone, even though she knew if she called out Ahlekk and Vernados would be in the room in no time.

~*~

Morning came and things calmed down as Ahlekk and Lilith relaxed downstairs. They knew Vernados had gone back to heaven for some time, most likely the whole day, if not more. That meant they had basically the entire day to themselves. What the decided to do with that time was completely up to them...

CHARACTER: Alexandra AUTHOR: Poe

I see the world through rose-colored glasses. I see the glass half full rather then half empty. I’m an optimist. Or that’s the human term for it. I’m the guardian of the light and the protector of the pure. I’m endless. I’ve been worshiped through the ages for something I never asked for. A great warrior once said, “A great warrior does not seek power, but has it thrust upon him. And then and only then, serves with the help of god.� I believe this is true. I was placed in this world with this fate. Many say I have held the world on my shoulders and bared it with the grace of a gazelle and the courage of a bear. I merely see it as the task that I was born to do. Though I can’t remember my birth or ever having this task issued to me from someone above. Perhaps I just told myself I am doing what I was meant to do. Either way, I look upon the earth and I see what it could be and what it should be. What do you see in our earth?

I’m Alexandra, an unknown being of unknown origin. In many cultures, I am different things. In the old world, I was considered a goddess, an angel and even a nymph once. It the future, I will be considered nothing less. But most of all, I am believed to be a myth and a fabled creature of old. But I exist. I stand protect the world from the darkness. In the day, I am the sun that gives warm, light and protection from the cold. In the night, I am the celestial bodies that peek through the dark and watch over the babes below. I am the watcher. I am the guardian. I am the defender. And I am the protector.

Attached to leathery wings, she flew, hidden in the recess of the clouds, shield from the prying eyes of the mortals. She had heard rumors of a growing struggle between the pure and the evil. The possibility of war between the forces that bind the earth had her attention. Alexandra the guardian of mankind merely heard it as another way to stand for the mortals she cherished. So her fabled odyssey would begin with a war of light and dark.

Appearing in the skies above the village, in a flutter of wings, she landed. Booted feet touched the earth and body followed. Knees bent and the black wings tented over her. She was hidden for the moment from the eyes of any other. Slipping with the poise of a dancer to an erect stance, wings spread out behind her. The first steps were cautious as she observed the village for a moment. She spotted no one about. So she would find someone. In lengthy strides, the strides of the determined, she made her way to the house of Vernados, the leader of the lights. Fingers played upon the gate to the estate. Mystical blue eyes taking it all in as if it was the first house she had ever stood in front of.

She slipped through the gate, not bothering to open it and made her way to the door. Fingers tugged upon the pure white robe of silk she was adorned in to keep it from brushing the ground as she ingresses to the door. A dainty hand rapped upon the wooden door as she waited for an answer. She would offer her services to the leader of the pure.

CHARACTER(s): Ahlekk, Lilith AUTHOR: Ivv

Ahlekk had started a pillow fight with Lilith just minutes before Alexandra came upon the estate. Ahlekk, only a year older than Lilith, had jumped behind a chair to hide from a gliding pillow which had missed its mark completely. Lilith, on the other hand, was charging towards Ahlekk, ready to try and get even with him for having thrown a pillow at her but she glided, ungracefully, to a halt as she heard the door knock.

"No one ever comes here," she said quickly, confused. In all the time she'd lived here, she couldn't remember ever having a visitor. They would go out and meet people, but no one had ever came to the house. Strange as it was.

"Oh well," Ahlekk said with a shrug and as he jumped back over the chair, he tossed the pillow Lilith had shot at him earlier at her--only this time Lilith caught it.

He tried to sneak a nonchalant glance out of the window, but couldn't without being too obvious. As he went towards the door, Lilith had slipped into the room where they kept all the weapons and picked up a crossbow. She stood half in the living room (opposite to the front door) and half in the room where she'd gotten the crossbow, hiding the crossbow from view--just in case.

Ahlekk slowly opened the door and of course did not know who he was looking at. "Can I... help you?" He asked slowly.

Leathery wings spread and stretched as if they had grown stiff. The sounds of movement from within had them drawing around her and claw tips clinging to one another at her chest. The ebony wings slowly faded from wings to a leather cape. Hands reached behind her and were held there for the moment. She waited for the movement within to come to the door. Blue eyes were trained upon the door, her body tensing just slightly at the surprise factor. Alexandra was slightly out of her element.

As the door slowly crecked open. Eyes focused on the features of a boy. Most likely not even 16 years of age. A delicate smile crossed her plump rose lips before she answered his question. "I am Alexandra. I am here to see Vernados. I am told he is the leader of the lights. I wish to pledge my allegiance to him and his cause." Her words were spoken in a gentle melodious voice of youth yet with a tone of old. She had an old soul that sprinkled wisdom in her words though she still looked as though she were a youth. A slender hand was removed slowly from her back and extended to him in greeting. "And who would you be, my child?"

Lilith heard Alexandra's greeting from where she stood and slowly lowered the crossbow onto a nearby table before closing the door of the weaponry room and walking halfway to the entrance, still feeling unsure--life as an orphan had infested that insecurity.

Ahlekk listened to Alexandra carefully yet at the same time was aware of what was around him--trying to listen for others in case it was some kind of attack. But her words seemed sincere and he eased is apprehension.

"Vern's not here right now..." Ahlekk said slowly, though maybe Vernados had come back and just hadn't told them? It didn't seem likely, because Ahlekk would have assumed Vernados would have come down if someone was there.

"He's an angel," Lilith said, correcting Alexandra. She didn't quite understand what Alexandra meant by the leader of the lights. Lilith knew that Vernados was an angel, and the guardian of this earth. She didn't think he socialized much with anyone else on earth... he was either at the house or in Heaven, well.. as far as Lilith knew, at least.

"You could wait for him here," Ahlekk said and opened the door more to allow Alexandra to come in, if she wished.

"I'm Ahlekk," he added. "And that's Lilith." He said, tossing his head in Lilith's direction.

Her "sixth sense" as the humans called it slithered through the house exploring for perhaps another being within the house. Finding that the childern were the only beings within, she gave a simple nod to his statement that Vernados was not within the structure. Attention was turned toward the female that was taking up the rear. Her correction was taken with another soft nod. She figured they would not be privy to such issues anyway. She gave a smile as she answered. "I know." Her voice remained as gentle as before. "I shall wait for his return then. And its lovely to meet you both, Ahlekk and Lilith. Students of Vernados, yes? You have a great teacher."

A few steps were taken in to the house. Slender hands drew the string from her cap, allowing the cap to fall within her grasp. She handed the leathery cap to the boy at the door for hanging up. "Where shall I wait?" Blue eyes turned silvery as they were shifted around the entry way, noting objects, pictures and the other decor about the room. Fingers dropped to the silver white robe and lifted the front slightly as she took a few more steps within the room.

CHARACTER: Incus AUTHOR: Atryxion

Alexandra disappeared into the house with the others as the wind seemed to go from calm, to a gentle breeze. After a few seconds a small amount of advection fog began to form right above the ground as Incus's humanoid shell started to take shape. Starting with the feet, then extending up to his waist, then finally up to his head.

Incus stood still a few moments as he waited for all the molecules in his shell to multiply to give him a definite shape which could be touched and allow him to have the feeling of touch as well. He finally walked up to the door as little 'tails' of air could be seen flowing off of him faintly.

He knocked twice and waited for the response, knowing exactly what he wanted to do.

CHARACTER: Rose Petal AUTHOR: Leviatharia

*a rose-colored airicorn glides over the house and lands near the front door. Her wings fold against her sides and her eyes look calmly at the house. It seems to her that this is the place where she can rest and aid others for a time. With one hoof she gently knocks on the door, waiting for an answer. The rose on her hip glows softly in the light*

"Uh...In the living room is fine, I guess." Ahlekk said and hung up her cap.

"Did Vern ask you to come here?" Lilith asked, wondering why Vern would not be around for a visitor... it didn't seem like him to abandon something.

Ahlekk had just gone to sit down when more arrived at the door. This time, Lilith cautiously went to the door and opened it. What was it with all the visitors all of a sudden? If they turned out to be bad, Lilith and Ahlekk would be alone to defend themselves--with a room full of weapons.

Lilith's eyes went wide when she saw Incus and an airicorn. She'd never seen one before! She had heard about them in books when she and Sanyu had behaved good enough, for long enough, to be able to read a book or two.

"Can I help you?" She asked slowly, her eyes still portraying her amazement.

A smile crept up on Incus's face as he came face to face with Lillith. "Yes, I have come to speak with, I believe his name is Vern, about a pledge of allegiance to the Light." He spoke just loud enough for her to hear. "The wind has carried quite a burden and with that, I feel that something catastrophic is about to take place."

After speaking Incus took a peek inside the home to see the interior. "May I come in?" He asked as the smile seemed to grow a bit bigger on his face.

"I am Rose Petal. I am a wandering airicorn and I felt a strong pull towards this village. This house in particular. I am wondering if perhaps I could use some of my magic that has been building over the years to help amplify some mages in this area. Would you and yours be interested? If so, I would be glad to stay for a while and let you use my magic, filings from my horn, hairs from my mane and tail and feathers from my wings to help you. Also, before I got a snack from the clover over there, I wanted to ask permission first."

*she winks at Lillith*

CHARACTER: Vernados, Lilith AUTHOR: Ivv

Vernados came walking briskly down the staircase, in full view of those at the door and Alexandra. His wings had vanished and he wore all white clothes--as he always did. His black hair and dark complexion contrasted against his clothing and had his wings been out, the contrast would have been greater as they were such a pure white, they seemed to shimmer.

"My name is Vernados, and you need not explain your cause," Vernados said quickly as he sided Lilith at the front door, slowly opening it wider to allow the others to get in.

In truth, Vernados was rather unhappy that now Ahlekk and Lilith had an inkling as to what was evolving. He was worried that Lilith might turn to think of Sanyu once more, something her emotions could not tolerate any longer. It kept eating at her the older she got, and the more she analyzed it. It wasn't good for her to dwell on such things, as she would most likely see him when the pot finally boiled over and the war began--but they would be on opposite sides of the fence.

"You're both welcome to come in," Vernados said. There was something very calming about him. Of course, being an angel he did look angelic, but his voice even sounded calming and his motions were liquid; very enchanting.

Lilith stepped back from the door and went to sit beside Ahlekk who had sat down on the couch. Both looked at the visitors with inquisitive looks...

The knock at the door had her shift and turn to focus upon the door. As it opened, she gauged the being before her. Slender brow icked slightly at the appearance of the airicorn. The beings were of little interest to her. She was here to speak to Vernados. Fingers linked behind her back as she remained positioned in the entrance. Call her slightly paranoid, or perhaps protective. Either way, she simply stood gaurd though she most likely didnt have to. The footsteps and the voice behind her had her turn.

Head dipped in a simple nod of greeting. His unhappiness at the arrivals were noted. She had assumed from the beginning that the childern would not be privy to such information. Slowly she moved forward towards the angel and the other two. Mystical blues shifted from the group to the childern then back again. She spoke up, an interruption yes, but an interruption for good reason. "Perhaps we should speak in a less public area. I do not think the childern should be exposed to such information." The talk of war was afterall terrorizing. Her attention once more shifted to the two on the sofa before looking towards Vernados.

CHARACTER: Lilith, Vernados, Ahlekk AUTHOR: Ivv

Vernados turned to Alexandra. "Oh, I have no doubt Ahlekk or Lilith are not old enough to hear of such things," he said rather matteroffactly. No, he knew Ahlekk and Lilith were old enough to listen to these discussions. It was the fact that Mahath was a part of the discussions, and with Mahath was Sanyu. That was why he did not want them to hear. Furthermore, he'd have liked to tell them of the upcoming war himself

Lilith smiled when Vernados showed confidence in both Ahlekk and herself.

"Though, I suppose it'd be best if we spoke privately about some matters," Vernados added. "For now I doubt any of it will interest them and, besides, they have work to do."

Lilith and Ahlekk sighed nearly simultaneously. They knew what Vernados was talking about. The magic books. He left them to learn it all on their own--feeling it was the best way to master it and understand it--but it was rather hazardous to have two beginners toying with magic, though they knew Vernados would not put them in danger.

Lilith and Ahlekk waved to the newcomers and slowly went into the weapon room; a room which was also used for training, with a soft mat on the floor in the center and books lining the far wall.

Vernados stopped to wait to hear what the other two newcomers had to say before he would proceed to a room where they would not be disturbed.

Incus walked slowly into the home up to where Vernados stood. Once he reached him, he slowly got down on one knee and bowed. "For the light I do serve....For the light I do pledge my life..." He whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

He rose to his feet and looked at his fellow newcomer and at the rest of the people inside getting a feel of who all was in the house with him. "As you may already know, my name is Incus Pileu, I'm an Air Elemental. " Incus began with his introduction. "I do hope I am of some good use to you sir."

CHARACTER: Vernados AUTHOR: Ivv

Vernados looked at Incus Pileu and nodded. "You may call me Vernados," he replied with a smile.

"Now, if ther is nothing else, we can talk upstairs." He said, with a glance to the airicorn, unsure if it wanted to make the trek upstairs--if that would be too difficult--or not. He would wait for some type of protest and, if none came, would lead them to his room on the third floor of the house; a room neither Ahlekk nor Lilith had ever seen.

"Alright, I can make it up stairs. Matter of fact, I'll meet you there."

*closing her eyes, she winks out, appearing in the room. Laying down, she makes herself comfortable and gives the rest of them room to move around her*

"That would be very nice." Incus stated as he gave a nod to Vernados. "I do appreciate you taking the time to explain everything to us and allowing us into your residence."

Begining to walk up the stairs Incus followed Vernados to the mysterious room. "So tell me a little bit about what it is that is going on?" He began as he looked around the house. "And how many more people will be coming?"

Vernados nodded and, with a glance to Alexandra to ensure she was coming as well, he lead them upstairs, passed Ahlekk and Lilith's rooms and through a narrow staircase to the top floor.

His room was much different than the rest of the house. The floor was grass, like a lawn outside. It was soft and chilled, but not cold. The hammock he slept in while on earth was hung in a corner and a few other steps lead to a window which he often exitted from to go to Heaven.

Three chairs were already placed in a circle for Alexandra, Incus and Vernados to sit with RosePetal being able to fill the gap in the four corners lay where ever she wished.

Taking a seat in one of the chairs, Incus got comfortable and awaited the news as to what was going on. Taking a moment to look around the room, he noticed that the aircorn took up most of it and also noticed that it was rather different from the rest of the house.

"Wow, such a nice room." He began smiling at Vernados. "So, what is the news you have for us?"

[More to come]

Anonymous

[CONT'D]

The crowd was moving away and up the stairs towards the room Vernados ushered them to. Alexandra remained in the rear. Though she was a strong and most of the time stubborn. For once she remained aloof and quiest. Fingers gripped the front of the pure white gown she wore, lifting it from the grasp of the floor away from the touch of dust and dirt. She flowed up the stairs in silently steps still remaining in the rear. The crystal blue gaze fluttered over the hall and those moving within it. She was quietly making judgements, first impressions of both the ground zero base for the light side and those that she would take up arms with. She had her opinions aready. Vernados was wise she could see. A bit more new age for her taste. Alexandra was apart of the elder class. She viewed things in the old ways. Some had taken up the new ways of the world yet Alexandra stayed strong with the old values and teachings. They suited her. She was both mother and youth all at the same time. She thought of mankind as her childern. Holding them to her bossom and protecting them. Yet all at the same time she was youthful. Filting about daydreaming like a child and playing the creatures of other worlds. She was never the same twice.

The male Air Elemental she had yet to form a full impression of. He was different then most she met. But then again, all Alexandra knew were angels and other celestal beings. Elementals and Aircorns were all a first in her eyes. She had seen them from a far but never really met any. The aircorn was the same as the Elemental. As she entered the room her clothing changed to a silky cream robe that drapped around her much like the old roman garb. Bare feet settled in the cool grass. Her toes wiggled in the blades as a young child would, a content smile washed over her delicately pale features as she slowly moved across the room and took the offered seat. By far, this was her favorite room within the house. The delicate aroma of fresh grass and the chillness of the room. It was all the wonders of spring even though the season outside was turning in to winter. Her leg slipped across the other and slender fingers linked and rested in her lap. Her once blue eyes had changed to a deep brown the color of good Irish whiskey. Glance was pointed towards Vernados waiting for him to address them on the matter in which they all came to inquire of.

CHARACTER: Vernados, Lilith, Ahlekk AUTHOR: Ivv

Ah Ahlekk and Lilith sat on separate sides of the weapon room, each with their own spell books, Lilith's mind became distracted. Ahlekk was busy at work trying to conjure fire in a glass bowl Vernados had given him, but Lilith was writing something on the back of the book cover. Well, she wasn't writing anything, really, she was drawing. It had been ages since she had picked up a pencil with the intention of drawing, but now she just... did. She hadn't even realized that she was off task until she wanted to erase something in her drawing and she had no eraser!

She looked at her drawing and sighed. She hadn't even known what she was drawing until the basics had been done, and now it was clear. Sanyu, her best friend--ex best friend!--just as she had the first time they'd met. She had enjoyed drawing back then, at the orphanage but stopped when she had become too occupied in her and Sanyu's schemes...

~*~

Vernados' room was indeed different. He was the Guardian of the Earth, and would have preferred sleeping in a forest but knew his students would be safer inside a house when he was away. His room was soothing for him when he was not in Heaven.

Well, of course Vernados different, or "new age." He had lived through so much. He'd seen the earth be reborn many times, but always stayed to the general angelic features he had in Heaven. Vernados had adapted with all that had happened over the ages and the rebirths. Of course, his time would one day be up and he would no longer be the Guardian of the Earth, but just an angel to enjoy Heaven. But that wouldn't come for a long time yet.

"They have been quiet for so long," Vernados started, unsure where to begin. "The demons. They had been quiet but they have not been sitting idly, and nor have we. About fifteen years ago two children were born and those children were prophesized--for this earth--to bring the light and the earth salvation from the threat of darkness.

"Those children you met downstairs. I've been teaching them and training them for nearly four years now. Mahath, as you all should know, is basically Satan on earth. He, too, found a pupil and one that can counter us. Not only that, but long has the darkness been training and waiting. Those pure of heart have ignored any threats of the darkness and have lived on--thinking wars will not start again.

"They will, and the first is already looming." He said. "This war will not be the worst--far from it--but it will initiate the rest. The victor of this war will gain strength and evoke fear in their enemy.

"We must be the victors." He said, looking at each of the people in the room. If Mahath and his band won, they would simply continue wreaking havoc and continue winning. If they lost, they would retreat, regroup and prepare once more--giving the light time to become not only stronger, but to find them before anything major started.

"I see, so what signals have you gotten that the war is looming?" Incus asked as he paid attention to what Vernados was saying. "Is there anyway we can postpone the inevitable? That should give us more time to train others, if not much then atleast enough to know what to do in dark times."

"Is there anything you wish for us to do?" Incus asked as he scratched his chin, thinking.

Vernados looked to Incus. Of course he knew the war was looming! Not only did it happen world after world; and time after time, but the Gods--though they were never allowed to tell him much, if anything--had warned him and told him the few prophecies such as Ahlekk and Lilith's roles.

"A war always comes between the two sides. The Gods have told me little of when it will occur, but I know Mahath has been planning and you can expect this war to come in... perhaps less than a year?" He wondered how soon it would occur. He knew Mahath was just beginning to set his plans in motion and currently, the two sides were at the same stages. Which was good, not great, but good.

"Right now, I need those willing to fight to come here and begin training. I also need any willing to fight, or willing to help, to share their knowledge of both magic and combat." Vernados added. He didn't need people to get defensive over their secret tactics. If a certain spell or maneuvre could be taught to others, it was best to do so!

*Rose Petals nods, understanding completely*

Well, it seems I showed up at the right house at the right time. All you need do is ask and I will use my magic to amplify that of anyone that needs it. I will always be glad to help the light. For, as I was flying in, I happened to spot something that worried me greatly.

*with a sigh, she continues. Her eyes grow sad*

There is an ancient evil that has resurfaced. Many thought she was dead. This wolf is an evil that goes back ages. She is more than a wolf. She is magick and evil and darkness in a wolf's body. Her name is Leviatharia. Perhaps you might have heard of her. I have faced her and believe me, it's no walk in the park.

*she looks away, remembering*

There was a time when Leviatharia wreaked much havock on many lands. She would spare no one. Until she fell in love. Then the destruction slowed down a bit. Until that love was taken from her. And now she has returned....alone. This worries me. I know that she is old but to look at her you can't tell. She still looks like a wolf in the prime of her life. She still has all of her speed, all of her strength and skill that surpasses even mine. Before I was even born, she was around. She has only grown stronger over time. I caution you, if Leviatharia gets in this, be wary. She will not be easy to stop. I will do all I can to help but I wonder if that will be enough.

*with that she falls silent once more*

[TRANSFER COMPLETE, CONTINUE POSTING!]