Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Somewhere in the forest...

Started by Anonymous, March 28, 2008, 07:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Amber sat in a tree, her tails waving gently in the slight breeze. She had been travling the whole day, and she needed rest. She was bored and wished she had someone to talk to. She looked up at the sky and saw a bird flying by."I can't fly away like you...Imprisoned by a bad past.." She murmured.

((oh, and sorry it took so long. writer's block. XD))

Anonymous

((Don't worry! I'm used to waiting days for replies! Yours was really fast! 8D))

Spikey hair and a scarred face kept people away from him.  Vulcan, a tall young man with numerous scars, many on one side of his face and back, was walking along the lovely forest path. Bright blue eyes and golden hair back in what looked like gravity defying spikes of hair. He looked like he got the crap kicked out of him then touched an electrical outlit. Needless to say not many people talked to him if they saw him walking. He walked past everyone too, so no need to worry about weird questions. A loose whie tunic tucked into black pants, along with nice leather shoes, his great sword on a hilt on his back. Vulcan was obviously a fighter.

He blinked a few times, stopped, and sneezed four times in a row. Looking around sheepishly, he noticed something up wind. Ooo, a fox. And from the looks of the tails a few foxes. Vulcan blinked and rubbed at his nose, since when was he allergic to foxes? Could you be allergic to foxes? He shook his head and walked towards it, and noticed... a girl? Vulcan leered up at her and spoke before the words could leave him.

"What -are- you? Some sort of fox girl?"

Vulcan, a man with extrodinarily good eyesight, and a great sense of smell, was a falcon anthro. Of course, his fully human form, the one he was in now, was his favourite, only turning into a bird when he had to get away from something. It wasn't fun turning back to normal and being completely naked with everything you posessed left behind in a heap.

"Sorry. Let me rephrase that. Hello, I'm Vulcan, I noticed you have a lot of tails, may I enquire as to what you might be?"

Anonymous

Amber was startled to hear a voice and turned around. There she saw him. "Hmm, I havent talked to anyone in some time... My name is Amber. And the question of what I am..? I'm part kitsune."
She leaped from the tree and reavealed herself on the path. She had a flowing black cloak on, and her eyes glowed like coals. She also carried a Kantana on her back and had a giant collapsable shuriken in her cloak pocket. Another pocket held a large array of throwing needles and knives that were like razors. You could say she was a fighter when needed and was skilled with a sword.

((Crap...g2g..I'll be on tommorow!))

Anonymous

Vulcan stood there, and sneezed again.  Covering his mouth and leaning away, he turned back and smiled at her, sort of. A scar ran from on cheek to the other side of his chin, leaving a scar to cut across his lips. He smiled politely at her and took a step back when she jumped off the tree. Huh, show off. If you couldn't tell from his height, a good few inches above six feet, Vulcan wasn't the most graceful in human form.

"Right. Amber."

He nodded, commiting the name to memory, not that'd he'd need it. He probably wasn't going to see her much after he left, unless something horrible happened leaving him crippled and dependant on her. Vulcan looked over his shoulder suspiciously, life had a keen eye on right when to bite him on the ass.

"I haven't talked to an- You're really short." He rose an eyebrow and took a step closer to her, he had to be at least a foot taller than her. Vulcan shook his head and took the step back. "Sorry." He turned away, stuck his face in the crook of his arm and sneezes again. "What's a kitsune? Is that just a pretty word for a fox anthro?"

Because he was so attuned to fighting and what not, his keen blue eyes took in all the weird looking kinks and folds in her clothing, obviously she carried weapons. All Vulcan had was his lovely sword, a claymore, strapped to his back, easy to fell a foe in one good swoop. Easy to break bones with it, too.

Anonymous

She looked up and sighed. " Kitsune? It means...a certain type of fox. I get a new tail every thousand years. Anyway...If I was in my fox form, I would be about as tall as you are." She was slightly annoyed at the comment about her height. "Just wondering...Do you travel alone also?"
she absentmindedly made a sphere of fire in her right hand and an ice sphere in her left.

Anonymous

Vulcan looked at her when she sighed. She didn't seem to have much patience, he frowned and rose an eyebrow at her exclamation. She couldn't possibly out of her teens, but she said that a tail meant one thousand... Maybe three thousand is really young for the certain type of fox? He didn't care, so he just shrugged. He wasn't sure if he should feel old, being about 23, or really young. He leered down at her and pursed his lips and shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He smiled about the height comment.

"But you're not, so now you're at about my shoulder." He smiled sweetly and blinked again at her question, and took a step back.  That comment with those little balls of magic didn't sit well with him, what was she going to do? Cook him and eat him? His eyes laid on the glowing ball of fire, then they moved to the ball of ice. Or maybe turn him into a humanoid popsicle. Vulcan frowned and moved ever-so-slightly into a good position if he needed to smack her with his sword.

"Why? I don't taste like a falcon in this form..." He eyeed the fire. "So you wouldn't want to eat me." He sighed and shook his head, making the feather hair bob slightly. "Yes, I travel alone." Vulcan winked at her, "I'm to scary for normal people."

Anonymous

"I don't want to harm you, if that's what your thinking...or eat you, for that matter.... Anyway, I don't think you are scary...people think I am scary, because of my past...." She stared into the distance.

Anonymous

He could only gawk at her. Was she for real? Vulcan blinked at her, zoning out. He was ready to pull his sword out and smack her in two... And she was zoning out? Maybe it was so weird foreighn battle tactic, look like you're missing braincells so they don't suspect you to rip out their heart when they aren't looking.  Vulcan looked around, was he being watched? This girl, this... Amber was her name? Was an odd creature to say the least.

"Um.. Right. I'm not scary." Vulcan could only lift an eyebrow and rub the back of his hand against a scar on his face, he thought he was pretty scary looking. "I'm sure, Miss.Amber, that between the two of us, I'm far more scarier looking." He smiled at her politely. "And because I don't know anything of your past, I doubt you'll be scaring me anytime soon."

He looked around, maybe to catch what she was staring at. He couldn't see it, so he turned back to her and smiled lightly. "So, where are you headed? I could... Hm.. I don't know what I could do, but I can leave if you want to be alone." Sure he wanted some company, traveling was horrible alone. As if remembering that he was allergic to her, he turned his head and sneezed.

"No offence, but I think I'm allergic to you."  He shook his head as if to rid if of sneeze dust.

Anonymous

She tried not to laugh, and smiled at the expression on his face. "You must be allergic to foxes. I can help you with that." She gave him a vial of odd liquid. "Drink it, and the allergies will go away. And no, it is not poisoned or anything of the sort."

Anonymous

Blue eyes looked at hers and blinked owlishly. Where on earth did she grab that from?  Vulcan decided that he didn't really want to know after all and smiled at her and curled his hand around it. Vulcan licked his lips and covered his mouth before sneezing again. "I'm not allergic to foxes when I eat 'em." He muttered, refering to when he hunted in his other form, his big pretty bird form.

He nodded his thanks, and closed his eyes for a moment. "I'd take it... but I'm curious as to where you pulled it out from.." He looked her up and down. " I don't see any pockets." Vulcan looked at the vial in his hand and wiggled it frowning lightly.

Anonymous

Amber smirked. She opened one side of her cloak, revealing a pocket. "You didnt SEE it, but it was there."