Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Fire and Ice

Started by Anonymous, March 29, 2008, 05:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Amber sat by a lake, sparkling in the moonlight. The grasses near the lake swayed in the slight breeze. "A beautiful night.." She thought.

Anonymous

Griever made his way through the forest while en route to a neighboring village to squander his time away. Such a burden; time, ever passing, never ceasing. Thoughts such as these always clouded his mind, but he tried to make no notice of it. He continued to walk, occasionally brushing against the foliage that seemed to densely populate this particular region. ‘So bothersome…’ He thought as he leapt onto a tree limb. Passage, would be far easier this way.

Casually, Griever hopped from limb to limb with such grace that one would be led to believe he thought of it as a mere game. Probably was. Finally He came to a clearing. A lake, shimmering in the moonlight; It’s silent beauty glistening in the night. Such simplicity was Griever’s only source of joy these days. As he gazed over the sight, his eye caught hold of a young woman, sitting near the lake. A curious sight to see someone so young in such a place by herself.

Griever leaped from his position and landed a short ways from the girl. He was certain she had heard him, but before she could speak, his words escaped.

“Why are you here?� Griever asked, in a curious but uncaring tone of voice.

Anonymous

Amber turned around, startled, revealing her 3 kitsune tails and ears. "Hmm....I havent talked to anyone else in a while...Anyway, I was just resting from my travels." She got up, the kantana on her back clinking against the large collapsable shuriken in her cloak pocket.

Anonymous

"At least you are well-armed. These forests bemoan such....fiendish creatures..." Griever said as he turned and gazed upon the sparkling waters. "hmm…� Griever sighed, as he turned his head slightly towards the girl. Already, he knew that she felt a glimmer of the loneliness that overcame him; such a wretched world this was. Griever finally snapped out of his mental trance, and returned his full attention to the girl. He took a mental note of her three tails. An odd feature for any soul, but then again, who was he to judge. She held such innocence about her, that he grew curious of her. What circumstances brought her here? He had many questions, and a lot of time to kill, but he felt it adequate to start with the basics.

“What is your name?�

Anonymous

"My name is Amber, but people call me she shadow of the leaf, or just shadow. What is yours?" She replied. She started to groom her tails as she said this, pulling out twigs and untangling them with a comb made of twigs.

Anonymous

His name? It had been so long since the thought of it had even crossed his mind. It held little meaning to him anyway, but he would speak the name that the world spoke of him. A befitting title to one such as he, who sold everything and gained nothing.

“…Griever…� He said simply, but then continued. “I mean you no harm, but tell me…how proficient are you with that blade?� He asked.

Anonymous

She looked up at him at the question. "I am quite skilled with it ,and  have been using it all my life, scince..."she said this quieter,"they died..." She looked up at the sky. Her hair waved in a slight breeze. She knew she must not stay in her past, but sometimes it was hard not to. Such a horrible event cannot just simply be ignored by her, or anyone else for that matter.

Anonymous

Griever caught the meaning. It seemed that her parents too, had died, leaving her behind at such a young age. He knew her pain all to well, and this only spurred him to accompany her; perhaps ease the burdens of her soul, but something darker within him urged him to test her ability. He needed to show him the extent of her ability; prove if she was in fact as capable as she claimed to be.

“I understand your loss…� Griever said, “….all to well…� He mumbled beneath his breath.

He turned his back to Amber and slowly took a few paces, putting a fair deal of distance between the two. It grieved him to do this, but it was necessary for him to see her ability; His life was far more dangerous than norm, and he would not drag her into such things without first preparing her for what was to come.

“Can you prove something?� griever asked, as he raised his left hand, and snapped his fingers. Instantly, a small group of lesser demons materialized around Amber. The scuttling beasts shifted across the ground, snarling and lashing out at the young woman.

“Your worth….� Without words, Griever leased the creatures which quickly lunged towards Amber.

Anonymous

Amber transformed into a kitsune in seconds, being at least 5 feet tall at the shoulder. She slashed them all with razor sharp claws. They all fell down, dead. one was still alive and slashed her shoulder. She killed it instantly after the attack. "Is that enough..to prove my worth to you..?" Where she had been slashed was crimson with blood. She twisted around to look at it. The cut was not too deep, but it hurt.

Anonymous

"....Almost." Griever replied, as he turned to face her. he extended his right hand, and slowly began to clench his fist. As his palm closed, a dark energy manifested itself within his hand; within moments, transofrming into the shape of a blade. He could see that she was already slightly injured, but he could show no pity, not now.

"Seal of Sloth-Release." Instantly, Griever's body was enveloped within a cacoon of brilliant platinum armor. The scales of the fabled Leviathan crept over his body, engulfing him within it's protection. From his wrists and calves; blades extended, streamlining themselves against his body. As the final pieces of armor fitted themselves, Griever spoke again.

"Reveal to me...the full strength of your soul..." Were his only words, as Griever bent his knees slightly, and lunged towards Amber with his sword poised to run the kitsune through.

Anonymous

A roar like a lion ripped the scilence of the night. Her claws extended a conciderable amount, and white flames circled her paws as she leaped up into the sky. Her eyes glowed with the fury of battle. A thundercloud hovered above now, the thunder deafining. "The battle has officialy begun, starting now." She said this as she sailed to the ground.

Anonymous

Griever quickly stopped himself after the kitsune leaped into the air. He was certain that something within her had finally snapped, a restraint unbound by their momentary feud. He was unsure of her degree of control over this, but whatever was taking place within her fragile mind he knew one thing. He liked it. In a hushed moment, Griever took a moment to gather his composure as he gazed skyward towards Amber. This was what he wanted to see; now he would learn just what this unbridled beast was capable of.

With a devil’s grimace, He lunged toward the heavens, meeting Amber in the air. Positioning himself directly in front of the kitsune. For a moment, Griever gazed longingly into those war-crazed eyes, that seemed to consume her. The two now began their decent to earth. Without a word, Griever placed his hands on the young girl’s shoulders, but not to attack, but instead used her as a base to flip himself upwards, directly above her, and without a word, he brought his leg around in an upward sweep and brought it down in full force, in attempt to knock Amber back to earth.

Anonymous

Amber spun around and landed safely in a roll. Her eyes blazed of fire that could send a chill through the spine of the greatest warrior. A tornado of fire surrounded her and scorched the ground. A demonic smile was on her face as the tornado spun faster and faster. The flames were not affected by the water in the ground.

Anonymous

Griever landed gracefully and quickly turned to face the kitsune. He could feel her flames from where he stood, and he nodded slightly as a sign of approval. This was what he desired; what he needed to know. He stood motionless as he stood in satisfaction of what he witnessed, but he quickly regained himself and regained his previous stony composure.

Without a word, Griever raised up his hand and gazed at it momentarily before finally resealing the great Leviathan. Instantly, the scales that coated his body, began to receede back into his hand, until he returned to his previous form. He clenched his fist tightly and brought his attention back to the blazing kitsune. His facial expression held little to display his enjoyment, but with a solemn voice, he spoke out to the young girl.

"Hmm..." Griever breathed, but only began walking past the blazing feline as though she weren't there. Walking past her, he stopped himself a few feet before entering the forest.

"You comin'....?" Griever said simply, as he turend his head slightly.

Anonymous

The fire stopped as quickly as it had started and she stood up in kitsune form. "If you dont mind me in this form...I would wish to stay like this." She followed him into the forest.