Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In the forest..

Started by Anonymous, March 30, 2008, 04:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Amber nodded. "I don't have enough magic to turn into my true size, so allright!" She licked her new sister and climbed on.

Anonymous

*she licks Amber back and starts running at an easy pace, heading to the east so maybe they can find a den to stay in. After about an hour of running she finds a cliff with a nice cave in it*

Looks like we're home, Amber. This seems like an easily defended spot and should provide plenty of shelter. I'll go see if I can find the nearest stream so we know where the fresh water is while you explore the cave. By the way.....

*she pushes energy and magic into Amber so she has plenty to defend herself with*

Now you should be able to change and take care of yourself while I'm gone.

*she sits down, letting Amber slide off her back and then stands back up. She sniffs the air and heads to the north where she smells water*

Anonymous

Amber used some of the magic to grow about as large as a horse. "hmmm...." She looked around for a spot to rest and sat down, grooming her fur.

Anonymous

*she finds a clear spring close to the cave that has a waterfall flowing from it. She bathes under the waterfall, making her white fur shine brightly then gets a drink before trotting back to the cave*

Amber, there's a great place to get a drink and a bath about an eighth of a mile to the north. It's cold, clear and has a waterfall!!! How's the cave???

*she shakes her fur dry, showering Amber playfully*

Anonymous

Amber yawned and shook her coat of the water. "I'll go check it out. I need a bath anyway. She sniffed her pelt and made a face, then trotted off to the north.

Anonymous

Randver used his staff to pick his way amongst the rocks and trees, slowly moving towards the sound of the river. It was harder to find his way when there were less creatures around. There was not enough warmth for him to sense and it did not conform to streets like people in cities did: life was everywhere above him and around him. it was a bit confusing.

He sensed the warmth of a large creature nearby.

'Who goes there, show yourself!'

Anonymous

*she lifts her head at the voice, sighing softly. She knows rest is not hers to be had just yet so she reaches out with her mind*

Hello. I am Lobo, an ancient wolf with great powers. If you turn a bit more to your right, you'll see my current resting spot. The cave is slightly hidden behind the brush. You're welcome to join me if you like. I mean you no harm. I am not......evil......like my sister.

*she shudders at the thought of evil. Randver can tell by the way she expressed the word "evil" that she finds the thought distasteful. She lays her great head back down on her paws, her blue eyes watching for Randver to show himself*

Anonymous

Randver stratled, he ahd never felt anyone in his head before. He didn't like it. Get out. There was no anger in the creature, or want of fight. It didn't have enough fire in its blood. He swung his staff out, using it to negotiate his way to the large...wolf? He could sense the warmth of its body.

He could smell the wolf now. In fact, the whole place smelt of it. This must be the cave. He stumbled on a rock, not for the first time wishing that he had been an earth elemental, 'I am here.'

Anonymous

*she looks up at the centaur and stands up, looking into his blind eyes. She lays her head against him, nuzzling him in a friendly manner. Finally she speaks.*

Welcome centaur. I am Lobo. I found this cave and decided to make it my home for the time being. I can tell you are blind. You are in no danger here. Please, make yourself at home and rest here. You will not be allowed to be harmed or disturbed.

*she clears all the rocks and sticks and branches so they can't trip him anymore. She stays between the centaur and the cave wall so he has a clear path inside*

I'm sorry I startled you by speaking mind-to-mind. That is natural for a Wolf of the Earth to do. I don't think about it sometimes. If you wish, I might be able to heal your sight in time.

*she licks his hand in a friendly manner, letting him know he is with a friend now*

Anonymous

{OOC: I was hoping he would stay blind}

'Thank you,' Randver said aloud as he heard the wolf moving branches. He understood that she could not speak in the same manner as him but he would still speak aloud.

'I am blind, not weak. I have faced many battles and won. I feel the fire in people around me and their heat reflecting off other objects. there are less creatures here so there is less for me to detect.'

He indicated his whip and staff as proof. He did not like the idea of being incapable of looking after himself, 'as for my eyes, they are magically burnt. Even if you could heal the wounds, I would still not be able to see through the fire.'

He patted the she-wolf with his free hand. He liked dogs, so he guessed wolves were no different.

Anonymous

*she leans into the patting, enjoying the friendly feel. She can't help but nuzzle his hand almost like a friendly hunting dog.*

If you want to come in and get some rest, I will set up wards so you can rest easy. Are you thirsty or hungry, friend?? And what is your name??? I would like to make you as comfortable as possible. You're with friends here.

*she uses her magic to make a soft bed of moss and pine needles appear for the centaur so he can lay on the softest area possible*

Anonymous

Randver's eyebrow twitched, she was treating him like he couldn't take care of himslef, like a pet even. He felt the warmth of magic and realised what she was doing. He moved away from the soft spot and sat on the hard earth.

'Centaurs are built tougher than that. What is your business here, I'm on holiday. Damn enjoyable time I've had,' he said sarcasticly. He did not like the contry, not enough fire.

He used his staff to scrape some sticks into a pile. He lit a fire and sat down. 'There, now I can see.'

(Seeing as in he can sense the heat relecting off other objects).

Anonymous

Amber shook her pelt of the water and as she neared the cave, she smelled a scent that was not that of the wolf she had befriended. She growled softly as she entered the cave. Due to her defencive status, the water on her pelt turned to steam and sizzled. When she realized the other creature was of no harm, she sat and waited for an explaination of who this was.

Anonymous

*she nods in acknowledgement to Randver*

I'm well aware how tough centaurs can be. One of my best friends is a centaur. I haven't seen her in ages. She was an excellent archer and mage. I merely thought to give you some comforts since you are among friends. I like doing nice things for friends.

*she looks to Amber and smiles wolfishly*

Welcome back, Amber. Did you enjoy your bath??? This is Randver. He may be staying with us for a bit. He's a friend. Randver, this is Amber. She's a kitsune.

*she curls up around the fire, enjoying the warmth as her eyes start to droop closed*

Anonymous

Ranvder sensed the kitsune walking towards the fire.

'Greetings Amber,' he said as he offered out his arm, 'you're a kitsune I see. We have a lot of trouble with them back in the city.'

He turned his face towards the large wolf, his red eyes pointing towards what was probably her head, 'who was the centaur? I know most of them near the city. I might know her.'

Anonymous

"Hmm...nice to meet you. Trouble..? Sorry if I caused any back at any city...."
She nodded. Her pelt was glowing like fire and radiated heat. She litteraly stepped into the fire and lay down. Her pelt now looked black as coals, and looked like lava rock. Her eyes were all red. "Night'."

Anonymous

Randver grumbled and blew fire out his nose. He was not tired and did not want to sit around. He decided to go for a walk, then glanced at the two resting creatures.

'I need water, you can come if you must.'

He headed out, swinging his staff to and fro to guide him over the uneven parts of the floor.

Anonymous

She watched after him, and ran twords him at speed that made her almost invisible. I could use a good walk!! sparks flew from her fur, which was flame. She stopped by his side. She saw the sun setting. "Ahh...when the sun sets...my pelt turns to flame and ashes...like the dreams I once had..." she sighed. "Shattered in my face, they were. Broken and cast into the sky...the endless night sky of broken dreams..."

Anonymous

Randver sensed the fire dog (for he did not know what it really was) and stepped aside. Her fire stung his skin slightly but at least it enabled him to sense his way clearer.

'So, I'm blind and you don't see me complaining. Get used to it.'

Anonymous

"My family was killed. I dont complain often. Forgot that you probabaly wouldnt care about my troubles...anyway, is there anything I can do to make your stay with us more enjoyable...? Ah, i'm talking too much...you probabaly want me to leave...if you need anything, i'm over here..." She walked onto a hill with long grass and sat. the grass didnt burn at all. She stared up into the moon and a tear fell from her eye. It turned to stone as it hit the ground. "I need to stop crying, it's stupid...I must stop doing this.." she whispered into the night.