Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In the forest..

Started by Anonymous, March 30, 2008, 04:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

There was something in the girl's voice that made Randver follow. Admittedly, he wanted to slap her across the face for being such a coward.

'Yes, crying is a sign of weakness, men take advantage of that,' he sat down next to her,' well, I guess I could listen if you need a shoulder to cry on.'

Anonymous

She looked over at him. "really?" The fire died down, and stopped. "Sorry about the fire...It does that...anyway..when I was only a one-tail, my parents were murdered by hunters for their golden pelts that were resistant to fire. They had magic too powerful for me to defend them, and they gave me this scar." She shifted and a large scar accross her shoulders.

Anonymous

Randver turned his eyes to look at her, 'fire does not phase me.' His eyes were balls of fire and they flared as they focused on where her face would be. 'Fire needs love; it is unfortunate for anyone to lose someone who feeds that love. Many would think you angry and emotional for being a creature of fire. Fire is greedy and changeable, those with affinity to it are often brash.'

He felt her back with his fingers in order to feel what she had shifted to show him, 'there is a deep mark. The warmth from your body moves strangely around it. Your heat leaks from it.' He turned and spat in disgust, in anger the spit burst into flame and burnt the grass, he didn't want to admit it but she was beginning to "light his fire"

'Stop this talk or I shall have to leave. Tell me something else,' he grumbled.

Anonymous

She nodded. "hmm...I have tried to heal it with magic...but it wont ever heal... anyway, the fire that I have isn't of the normal type. It never burns unless I wish it so. In it's fury, It can scorch the earth and make it ash in seconds. Out of the subject of fire....I have a sister. She is one of evil...she posseses demonic powers beyond imagining...As so do I. But...I use mine for good purposes...Her fire is black, mine is amber...my name. She also has power that resides in her eyes. Anyone who gazes upon them...is paralyzed instantly. They used to kill, but we had a battle..and I stopped that."

The fire on her flared up again and it wasnt hot...it was only warm, like a blanket. "I talk too much..."

Anonymous

'Yes, you do. Are you done sulking now or shall we get the water?' her fire was distracting him from being able to sense anything properly and he needed to bathe in the cold stream before his emotions hieghtened any further.

At least her fire reflected in part on their surroundings. The lack of heat meant that other objects did not warm so he could not tell where they were. He got back on his hooves and lit the end of his staff. It would not burn the perfectly straight staff but5 unlike Amber's, it would burn anything else it touched. Heat radiated from his staff and he swung it out in front of him so as to light his way. To others it would light the arrproaching dark like a giant candle.

'Well?'

Anonymous

She nodded and followed. She closed her eyes to concentrate and a flare of fiery lava shot out from behind her. "hm. This is a volcanic area. So, therefore...." She She leaped onto a rock above the water. The water directly below her began to bubble. She stood atop the rock and looked into the water. Her 3 tails blew in the wind. When she dived into the water, the small area of water around her became a fiery whirlopool, while the rest was all calm."There is no need for me to go back to the den...I dont sleep, anyway.." The water around her also glowed.

Anonymous

Randver sensed the water boil. If he had been able to see he would have noticed a few fish floating to the top of the water. After the water cooled enough he hopped in and began rubbing himself down. A dead fish hit his back and he snatched at it. He realised what it was and threw it on the bank. 'Take that when we leave. One of you two will eat this,' he said in a gruff voice.
He sank down into the water as far as he could go and drank the warm water. The fire creature would have to find something to carry water in. he rose out of the water and shook himself off before making a soft fire to help dry him yet not hot enough to burn. The air smelt of wet horse.

Anonymous

She eyed the dead fish. It suddenly burst into flame and appeared cooked. She got out and grabbed it, then bit into it. She spit out it and ash spilled out. "Nice, Amber, you just fried you meal." She grumbled. She went back in and disposed of the dead fish that were unneeded. She got out and sat atop the rock. Her pelt radiated heat that scorched the grass nearby. "My fire sometimes has power that is much more than expected...it doesnt help things much.." Lava erupted with such force from behind her that it shook the ground. "like that.." Fire suddenly scorched the whole area where she was sitting, and it looked like a small bomb had gone off. "Damn."

Anonymous

'Watch yourself!' he growled before stopping the fire. 'You cannot control yourself: need training.' He thought for a moment. he was meant to be on a peaceful holiday but he could always spare some time for training. The girl would doubtless cause more trouble the way she was. Perhaps if he knew more about her species he could figure out how to go about doing it. His senses surveyed the scene and then her heat, 'what are you?'

Anonymous

"I'm a kitsune...most people dont know much about us. We age by thousands, and a new tail grows every thousand years. Each tail also gives us more power. I think i'm nearing my fourth, and am not really used to the new power. Most of us are terrified of dogs..but i'm not. I come from a family that all control elements, and that is why I can control fire/lava. This is nothing of my real power..the last time I fought, I created the sahara..heh." The ground around her stopped radiating heat, and her pelt was now composed of fire that didnt burn. "I think it would be best not to use the fire that burns, or else it probabaly will disinigrate everything in a 1 mile radius." She felt stupid, and if she was in human form, she would be blushing.

Anonymous

'Sahara?' he asked. It sounded foreign.

He needed to do something, all this holidaying was worse than waiting before an attack. What was he supposed to do if he was not training, tracking and following orders? Being lazy was not in him. Perhaps he should train with this woman, there was bound to be a lot they could teach eachother. 'Get up,' he ordered. 'We're going to go back to the hill and train.' He swung his staff out in front of him and began walking.

Anonymous

"Oh? The sahara? It's one of the biggest deserts in the world....Dont ask where. Too hard to explain." Stupid portal...It lead me to the world of humans. At least I got back. She sighed. "Good idea..." She mumbled, "Considering how stupid I am..." She figured sulking wasnt going to help anyone. She turned to him, curious. "Where do you come from anyway? I just travel...I havent really found a purpose for myself..." She ran up to the very top of the hill. She was an orange blur. She sat down and looked up at the full moon. She began to glow with a white energy and it suddenly dissapeared. "I gather energy from the moon. It helps."

Anonymous

'Don't insult youself, others are there to do it for you. Don't sulk either: it's bad for your character.' he swerved around a rock as he spoke, 'I am from just west of Adela. I am a soldier. There was a commotion and I was sent away on holiday to "cool off".'

Once they got to the top of the hill he paced it to firgure out size. It seemed big enough, so long as they stayed near the center and didn't use too much force, mainly on the girl's part. Amber she said her name was. He shoved his staff into the ground in the middle of the circle.

'Okay, girl. See this fireball in my hands? You are going to take control of it. When I let go you are going to make sure it doesn't burn me. It is not to get larger, smaller or move in any way. He pointed his face towards her, 'ready? Three two one. Go!'

He let go of the fireball. It was up to her now.

Anonymous

Her eyes seemed to shift colors and she concentrated carefuly On the fireball. It floated in perfect place. She tilted her head. "I did this exersise...so many years ago." The fireball had a white tinge to the edge of the flames.

Anonymous

'Good.'
Ranver moved one hand from underthe fireball and placed it above. He spread his firgers so they went around some of the ball. His voice was calm but it demanded control, mainly because the girl seemed volatile, 'now I am going to move around. If you do not follow my movements exactly you will burn me. Also, I cannot see and I'm going to use my fire to move around looking for rocks. If you do not keep an eye on them, they are the type that will hurt you.'
Fireballs moved around his body and spread out around the ground. They burnt a ring of fire around the edge of the hill, making sure to stay clear of anything that relfected heat. They then came back and swirled around the two fire elementals.
'This is all about control, not strength. You have the strength already. I am going to move my hands apart now, you will enlarge the ball. Tell me to stop when you can't control it very well.'

Next he would test her with a fireball around him.

Anonymous

Her eyes shifted colors again, and just as he let go, The fireball enlarged just enough to serve it's purpose, but small enough to control. She watched his movements carefully and in about two minutes, she felt an unusual surge of power, allthough she contained it. "I can't control it anymore...I think I'm getting my fourth tail." She ran up the hill. "I suggest you stay back..." Her pelt glowed white and a thin gold outline of her tail began to appear. Suddenly , a giant tornado of fire began to swirl around her. The fourth tail was formed, and there was a surge of power that went through the ground, and shook it. tree's leaves blew around. It stopped in one sudden moment, and everything was still. " I am 4000 years now...hard to belive."

Anonymous

Randver made a ball of fire surround his body. Hopefully that would be enough to act as a barrier. He expanded the fire barrier so that the explosion wouldn't be strong enough to kill him.

He crouched to the ground but was still managed to be knocked over and his hair smelt a bit burnt.

Anonymous

She turned and right before he fell on the rocky ground, she went to his side so he fell against her instead. His fire was burning her, but she didnt care. "You ok?" She winced and backed away. Her pelt was black where his fire burned her. "augh..." She tried to ignore the pain. She began to walk away. She walked to a large rock that faced the moon and sat down. She was rather ashamed by the fact that she almost killed someone. She lay down and closed her eyes. She knew that she couldnt sleep if she wanted to, but rested anyway.

Anonymous

'I'm blind not fragile, you dolt! I don't need anyone to help me,' snapped Randver. He needed a stick, The explosion would probably have knocked his staff.. Oh CRAP! The blasted girl would have burnt his staff.

'You! Where is my staff? if that staff is burnt I'm going to personally send you to whatever hell you came from!' snarled Randver as he got up. He strode over to Amber, his eyes were burning to the point where his face was beginning to blister. He lit up his arms and bent over her. 'Find it NOW!'

Anonymous

Her head slowly turned. "hnn..." The staff appeared infront of him, hovering at about chest height. It was wrapped in a soft golden cloth (with the exeption of the fire part) and was in better condition than it was before it returned to him. "No need to overreact. It's right infront of you, and you are neither hurt nor dead. Also, I know you arent fragile...I just spared you a lot of pain..unless you would like to fall on a couple boulders and razor sharp rocks, I could arrange that." She said this rather coldly with little emotion, and her eyes glinted with a wisdom that wasnt there before. She moved from his burning gaze and sat on another rock, oppisite of where she was originally sitting. When she moved, it showed that her pelt was spiked up and therefore she was annoyed.