Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Keeper's Call (Brer92)

Started by Lion, May 06, 2008, 11:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

He walked across the dimly lit hallway and perched his back against the stone wall beneath a burning lamp, his arms crossed over his chest.  It was a posture that could be construed as both of waiting and pondering as was wont of a man when he was silence.  There were few times in Dietrich's life in which he was forced to stop and think about a situation.  He usually was one to just do was he please when the whim suited him most, not caring much about anything but himself.  It was a way of life that he found not only suited him but benefited him many a time and would probably not be given up any time soon.  But things were different now, that he could tell.  Because, after all, it was like it was everyday that he came across a nigh dead youngling straggling on his door step.  And furthermore it wasn't every day that he actually had the nerve to take in a stranger into his domicile to be nursed and cared for.

Still, he wondered to himself, just what he was going to do with this young vampire that called herself Quillin.  One thing was for sure, he wanted to see her gone as soon as was possible.  However, considering the state he had found her in, he knew that she was probably not yet strong enough to enter the wilderness on her own and survive to see the light of the moon.  Dietrich himself knew better than anyone (except Cronus perhaps) the hazards of living on his own, the ever-present fear and danger of hunters, of the sun, of wild creatures that would perhaps be too much for him, of if he was going to find his next meal.  True, the experience had left him haggard most of the time but surviving on his own also hardened him, made him stronger in spirit and moreover fortified his will to survive.  Thusly, he became ruthless and learned how to save his skin in sticky situations but nonetheless he allowed his experiences to teach him, to mold him, to make him stronger.  He was younger then, at least four hundred years or so, and did not have the benefit of a teacher to show him how to survive on his own.  He had nothing but himself.

Dietrich grimaced to himself, though only the heavens knew why.  Perhaps, he considered, I could teach her something while she's here.  Show her a few things about how to survive in a world that hates her kind.  He did not have much time to ponder on this before she appeared out of Lady Beniste's room in a nice little frock.  The scarlet velvet was well set against the gold trim of the bell sleeves.  The torso itself had a built in bodice in which did not seem to need tightening as far as Dietrich could tell.  There was no empire waist as one would have thought would be apart of a dress of such an old age.  Though it was medieval in itself, it had a retro charm to it and Dietrich nodded to Quillin in approval.  "Good choice," he said before motioning her to follow him to the dining room.  "Did you see anything else you like so far?" he questioned her when they reached the hall where the room was being set across a long table.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

As the door swung open, the shadow, which was cast by the torch on the wall, conveyed the mysterious man that was giving Quillin refuge.  "Does he always look like this?" she wondered to herself.  As she followed Dietrich, she heard him say, "Good choice."  Assuming it meant the dress, Quillin said, "It's a gorgeous dress, all of them are.  The Lady had an exquisite taste in clothes," as the dress float around her, making her feel beautiful, and confident.  "Did you see anything else you like so far?"  "Everything is beautiful, Dietrich.  I don't think I have seen anything that hasn't awed me.  Or spiked my curiosity, apparently," Quillin though vaguely that she should have felt awkward and embarrassed, but she only smiled vaguely, watching Dietrich's every move, a look in her eyes that matched her curiosity.  

[OOC: I am so sorry I have been such a bad partner.  School started back up, and with all of the work I havent' been able to find a spare minute to even think about getting on and posting.  I'm also sorry my post is so short, and horrible.  I will try my hardest to get on more, and post better, thoughtful posts, but I cannot promise anything.  Again, I'M VERY VERY SORRY!]

Lion

Dietrich sensed something boring into his back as he strode across the dining hall.  It was a rather voluminous room with its arching ceiling and half a dozen bright crystal chandeliers.  It was perhaps the second most beautiful room in Beniste Castle; the dungeons were the best according to Dietrich.  Yet there was a nostalgic essence to be had here; the walls themselves simply emitted the longing for the ages of old and, somehow, Dietrich felt lost in it.

He paid no heed to the feelings such thoughts summoned for they were of the past and were forced to remain there instead of resurfacing.  "Indeed," was all he had to reply for the moment as he flourished his arm and revealed the meal that had been set out before them.  Vampire digestive systems were curious things.  While they could survive solely on blood, it wasn't rare to see them enjoy such tasty morsels as a fresh turkey or other fair game.  "But what an odd thing to say," he finally commented, leading her to a seat and doing the gentlemanly duty of holding it out for her to sit.  "Would you care to sit and have dinner?"

[Don't worry about it.  Life's like that.]

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown