Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To fall awake (hikaru.dream)

Started by Anonymous, June 03, 2008, 11:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

When Deidre awoke, the sun's warmth had only just begun to creep into the forest.  Deidre was nestled into the space between the trunk of a tree, and a branch growing out of it, high in the tree.  As she began to wake, she disrupted the leaf she had pulled onto herself as protection, the night before.  Deidre uncurled herself from the ball she had managed to roll herself into, and began to flex her muscles, stretching out the sleep in her.  Big yawns stretched her face, and she rubbed her eyes, trying to get used to the light, dim as it may be.  Rustling her hair, the fairy began to listen for the familiar sounds of the forest.

Something was different today.  The bugs and insects still buzzed, but it seemed more like a panicked frenzy.  The birds still chirped, but there songs no longer played, and when they did peep a sound, it was curious, and unsure.  Even the breeze that floated though the forest seemed disrupted somehow.  This could only mean one thing.  "Great, visitors."

Deidre decided to go on in her day as she always had.  She flew to the west side of the forest to watch the baby deer wake up, and make its clumsy way though the forest, behind its mother.  Then she greeted her empty, grumbling stomach, with a berry patch, she had found on the north side.  When sticky, rd, juice covered her face and hands, Deidre took herself to the little stream, and dunked herself in.

Curiosity, about what had disrupted the forest, itched on her mind all morning.  For the most part, this depressed little fairy could keep her nose on a chain, but for some, today was not her day.  After her hair and clothes were dry, Deidre made her way over to that side of the forest.

As she flew, Deidre saw less and less wildlife roaming around the forest.  If anyone knew were to look for wildlife, they would find plenty, but Deidre had lived here for so long, that she could tell that the amount of animal's had decreased by half on this side.  The further south Deidre flew the more odd sounds she heard.  Not talking, or axes like she had heard in the past, but odd popping, clicking sounds. Then, when Deidre was right on the sound, it stopped.  "What the hell..." Deidre began, but was cut off.  This something, or someone, walked right through the trees at Deidre, scarring her into a large bush.  Unfortunately for her, the bush had needless, and the leap into it caused a large gash on her upper right arm and right calf.  "Great," she said aloud, "another freakin' scar." Deidre wrapped the wounds with a bit of leaf, and barrowed some of a spiders web to tie it off.  She tied it, not to stop bleeding, for she hadn't bled in 170 years, but to cover the place where her skin fell off of the bones.  She didn't want to scare this person.

Deidre missed bleeding.  Not because it made a crimson mess, and the stains never came out.  And definitely not because of the pain that never felt worst than the emotions.  She missed bleeding, because it made her feel -ALIVE-.  Now she was just an empty soul, wandering around, waiting for something, but for what, she didn't know.  She just flew around her mistake of a home, whishing she were alive, or truly dead.  Wondering what kept her tortured soul here, and yearning for a companion., or even just someone.  They didn't have to be a friend.

Deidre fallowed the sounds of this person for about five minutes when it stopped, and sat down.  Deidre pocked her head around a couple of leafs in order to see them, and then she quickly stole over o the other side of the large tree, to hid herself.  "Just go introduce yourself. But what if they just freak out or something?"  Deirdre always did this, when trying to meet new people, who stubble across her path.  The problem was, she would argue with herself and before she made up her mind to do it, they would be gone.  "Deidre, they will leave soon!  Just do it!"  Finally, the little fairy flew around the tree and landed on a rock not far from where this person sat.  Walking to the en d of the rock Deirdre looked up to the towering figure in front of her, and said as loud as she could, "Hello, my name is Deidre."  

((: You can be the person, or you could come in another way, it doesn't matter to me.  If you have any questions about the post or Deirdre, feel free to ask :))

hikaru.dream

Forests were nice.
The smell of it, the sounds of the leafs on the trees, the small glimpses of animals she could sometimes catch a sight of.
She also liked the fact that it made her feel thankful to be alive, and happy to be in a place full of life. She suspected most animals were running away from her, she was such a clumsy walker.

The small girl hummed as she walked along as carefully as she could through the forest. It was hard to sing while walking around, so usually her humming ended up playing mostly in her mind, coming out only when she breathed out.

Hikaru and co had arrived at the outskirts of the forest the day before. Their search took them everywhere. It wasn't a bad thing, she liked the traveling, but it was very tiring. The others had not been very pleased in letting her go into the forest alone, but she had insisted. They were all tired; she felt hadn't done anything.

Hikaru stopped and looked around. She could have sworn she had just bonked into something. But all that met her eyes were the green of the forest and she shrugged.
She left an apology hanging in the air; but in a language that only three or less on the current Earth could understand.
She assumed that she had crashed into the home of a spider, or a bug of some sort. Surely they could understand that language just as well as any other one. Hikaru took care to stay away from an evil looking bush that had appeared between two trees. She wasn't in any mood to be gashed by thorns.

Hikaru walked for a while more (she wasn't sure how much) and decided that her legs were tired. She had refrained from resting a couple of times now and her legs were beginning to buckle as she walked.
Finding a large tree, she squatted down to make sure there were no bugs or flowers underneath. Although she hated to admit it, the reason for this was not only because of fear of crushing living things, but also because she wasn't fond of the idea of having squashed bugs on her clothes.

Hikaru sighed and sat down.
Now she could really hear the sounds of the forest.
There were the buzzing insects, some birds far aw "Hello, my name is Deidre."

Hikaru let out a small cry without meaning to. She covered her mouth with one hand, turning a little red. It wasn't hard to find the fairy, or she thought it was a fairy, anyway. Looked like one to her.
 It took her a moment to think that she should reply to this greeting.
She opened her mouth, and closed it again. Her heart was still pounding in her ears.
"Hello. Nice day, isn't it?" Hikaru replied, almost automatically.

The creature is so small, she thought. I must look like a giant.
It occurred to her that next time she felt down that she was so small as a human, she should go see a fairy.
Looking down on the small creature, Deidre, it had said, made her feel huge and slightly happy. On the other hand, she was so used to looking up at people that it was unsettling.

((OoC: Thanks :) I'll do that. But now, I am horridly sleepy, so I shall go to slee....zz))

Anonymous

Deidre hadn't meant to frighten the girl.  Judging by her own size, Diedre had only startled the girl with her presence.  The girl had dark hair, and brown eyes, and was seemingly innocent, with a childlike look to her.  She couldn't be more than 16 or 17. As Deidre looked up at the girl, she sensed something different about this girl.  She wasn't from here, maybe from the past, or just another country.  She decided to leave it to rest for the moment.  

As she took in the girl, Deidre suddently felt much older than she thought of herself.  Even though she new if this girl had arrived here from far away, she had gone through a lot.  She might have time traveled, and probebly gone through hastles of the people in this time and world.  Who knew what this girl had gone through, but it still wasn't as bad as what Deidre had gone through.  She had died, actually died, and was still alive. The thought hit her as something as a side thought, but it made her open her eyes to the fact she was a lot more mature than she had given herself credit for.  Again deciding to let her thought go for the moment, Deidre looked back up at the girl.
Deidre realized how far up she was looking in order to see the girl.  She looked down at herself and smiled.  She often forgot how small she was, since she turned into a fairy.  (She doesn't often come in contact with people to compare herself with.)  "I'm a fairy, if you hadn't noticed.  And if you don't mind, i'm going to fly so I can talk with you face to face."
((Sorry it's a little short, I'm in a bit of a hurry.))

hikaru.dream

Hikaru removed her hand from her mouth.
She stared at the fairy. Realizing her mouth was open, she hastily closed it. After she had come to this Earth, it seemed to happen a lot. Maybe she should make herself not be surprised. She must look so stupid with her mouth open and staring.

The small thing had leaves for clothes, or was it cloth? Hikaru wasn't sure. Sometimes she thought it was nice to have leaves for clothes. It looked natural. Then she would think how itchy it would probably be and very thankful for her clothes now. This happened just now.
Speaking of clothes, she wondered vaguely if the leaves on the right side of the fairy were a type of armor. Then it struck her. The fairy was hurt.
She bit her lip and resisted the urge to heal Deidre immediately. Images of blood wafted through her mind and didn't help any whatsoever.

Hikaru gazed at the silver eyes. She liked the color. But something told her it was a sad one.
What was this fairy, Deidre, thinking? Was she seeing right through Hikaru, seeing all her secrets? Was she thinking what a ugly girl she was? Or maybe she was thought pretty (This she doubted)? Was she mad at Hikaru for marching into her forest?

The last thought was pushed away as the fairy spoke. Maybe not so mad.
Hikaru shook her head in reply, then stopped with her head still to one side.
She looked down again.
"Er, no, I don't mind, but my breath may smell bad so it might not be the best place to be." She just realized how dry and nasty tasting the inside of her mouth was. Quickly, she took a drink of water from the canteen that she had by her side. That felt better.

((OoC: Don't worry about it:) I'm not the best at writing long things anyway))

Anonymous

Deidre smiled at the girl's honesty.  She seemed a little embarrassed, so Deidre reassured the girl, "I'm sure I've been subject to worse, darling."  Grinning at the girl, Deidre started to rise a little in the air, and then hesitated, about a foot off the ground.  She didn't want to startle the girl to much, so she rose slowly, until she was level with the girl's face.  When she got to this level, she noticed something about her.  Deidre sensed something familiar about this girl, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it, so she once again pushed the thought to the side.

An awkward moment followed, as the girls just took each other in.  Deidre could tell that the girl knew something about her aggravating depression.  Everyone she had come in contact with had commented on how sad she seemed, or how dead her eyes look.  That was the reason she had left them all at the forest's edge.  Deidre began to get curious of the girl that had happened upon her.  Why was she in the forest?  Why was she on her own?  Or WAS she actually alone?  Where had she come from?  Where was she headed?  As all of the questions fought for dominance on her tongue, Deidre saw the girls eyes pass over her makeshift bandages.  Then in dawned on her what she had noticed before.  This girl was familiar, because she, too, could heal.  Deidre looked from the girl to the bandages, forgetting her questions.  "I would show you," she began, touching the leaves on her arm, "but I believe I've startled you enough for one day."

hikaru.dream

((OoC: I'm really sorry to be so late. I didn't have the time to come on the computer to finish writing it. ))

"Oh." Hikaru said.
"It's ok, I just didn't think there were folks around. That was my fault." She finished laughing cheerfully.
"When I'm alone, I get really caught up in my own thoughts."
She was lucky that the fairy hadn't tried to kill her at once, she added darkly to herself. Her guard had been down; she could have very well died. Very lucky.

But why would Deidre think showing the wound startle her?
The thought made her look at the makeshift bandages again.
Perhaps there was a lot of blood. Maybe it was horrid, worse than anyone could imagine.
But wouldn't it need healing of some sort if it was so bad?
As far as Hikaru could see, the fairy wasn't it in any particular pain. So maybe it wasn't that important.
Hikaru shrugged.
"I'm usually startled anyway, it's not something I'm not used to." She said with a small grin.

"Oh!" She exclaimed, making a fist with one hand and pounding the palm of the other hand. "I've completely forgotten to introduce myself. My name's Hikaru. Pleased to meet you."
Hikaru attempted to stick out her hand, thought better of it, and stuck out the smallest finger of her hand. Although her hands were small compared to most people, her pinky was even smaller, barely reaching the the second knuckle of her ring finger. To add to the size, it was pudgy. She never really liked her hands much. But there was not much she was able to do about that, so she left it at a couple of complaints.

Anonymous

((OOC: Don't worry about being late, I understand.  And I also like the suspense ;).))

As the girl began to speak, Deidre found it hard to keep up with what she was saying.  She was talking about how she didn't think there was anyone around, but Deidre didn't understand why anything would have been her fault.  She hadn't said anything about how it had been the girl who pushed her into the thorns, but maybe she could read minds?  

"I'm usually startled anyway; it's not something I'm not used to." the girl said, grinning slightly.

"Oh! I've completely forgotten to introduce myself.  My name's Hikaru.  Pleased to meet you." Hikaru almost shouted.  Then she stuck her hand out, changed her mind, and stuck her, very small, finger out.  Deidre remembered this from when she was still human, so it didn't surprise her in the least when the girl attempted to shake her hand.  "Like I said before, my name is Deidre," she said, flying over to wrap her hand around the girl's finger.  Instead of shaking it, she just wrapped her hand around it, and let go.  Trying to end the awkwardness it left behind, Deidre said, "I'm sure you haven't seen anything like this," motioning once again at her bandage," unless you come into contact with fairies a lot.  And by the way you reacted to me popping out of no where, I'm assuming you don't."

hikaru.dream

((OoC: Thank you))

Hikaru cocked her head slightly to one side.
"Do you understand?" She said after a while. "If you don't that means you're a completely normal person." This was followed by a laugh. She always laughed and smiled or rather, grinned.
"I meant it was my fault that I was startled."

The awkwardness after the 'handshake' was not just because of the fairy's way of it, but also because Hikaru wasn't used to it at all. She had been living for the past four years in a culture in which people bowed as a greeting. It seemed handshakes were used the most here, so she had reverted to that. Plus it was hard to bow to someone so much smaller than yourself.

"I ..." Hikaru began, but thought better of objecting.
"I've met some, but I have to admit that I haven't recently."
Her eyes followed Deidre's motion to the bandages.
"Can I do something for it?"

Anonymous

"I don't, I don't talk to people very often," Deidre replied sheepishly.  "I say that, because I want to apologize for not catching on to a lot of things.  Just so you know, I seem quite slow when I'm in a conversation, because sometimes it takes me a while to try to get out the right words.  And I completely disagree with you.  It was my fault you were startled, if I hadn't have just come out like that and started talking, you would have been startled at all."  

((OOC: That part goes after when Hikaru says "I meant it was my fault that I was startled."  Just so you know.  And the rest of the post goes afterwards.))

Deidre smiled up at the girl.  She recognized the way the girl asked her if she could help Deidre with her wound, instead of asking if she could heal it.  "This is really nothing; it will heal up in a day or two." And to squash any confusion that might have been kicked up in her statement she fallowed, "When I was still... (Deidre seriously considered saying 'alive' at this point, but decided that a more gentle approach to letting the girl know she was undead would probably work better) When I was still a human, I had healing power, but now it takes my body a few days work to heal itself.  The reason I hesitate at showing you, is..." Deidre hesitated here, she didn't know how to say it without it sounding so awkward, but she searched her mind franticly for a few seconds to try to find a way to say it less awkward.  When she found no better way, she spit out, "I. Have. No. Blood."  She almost had to just spit out saying the few simple words, because they almost seemed like they were getting caught in her throat.  

She never liked to talk about her new form, because she didn't like to admit that she was dead.  She could get used to being small, being weak, having wings, being stuck in the past without a present, and wishing she didn't have a future.  What she couldn't get used to is that she didn't have a heart beat.  No pulse, no blood pumping threw her blue veins, just flesh hanging to bones.  But of course, she would never tell anyone that.  She would deal with her depression on her own, she was strong enough.  (In all reality, she was afraid to show the weak side of herself.  She was already physically impaired; she wouldn't allow herself to be seen as psychologically crutched also.)

Deidre hoped Hikaru didn't have the look on her face, which all the other's had on theirs.  It shamed Deidre to a point that she would have to swallow the emotion, and leave the people or person at the first chance she got.  She looked up into Hikaru's face, waiting for the look of disgust, shock, pity, and interest that she was so loathingly accustomed to.

((OOC: Just so you know, you can give Hikaru any look on her face that you want.  Deidre is just accustomed to seeing that particular look.  I just don't want any confusion with that.  So, do whatever you want with her face...))

hikaru.dream

Hikaru blinked blankly.
"I'm glad that it'll get better." She said vaguely.

What did Deidre mean by having been human? Meaning she was changed into some type of vampire thingie? But how would that connect with not having blood? What was not having blood anyway? If you cut the thing open it would be all whitish?

Somewhere in the back of her mind a memory stirred. A memory of someone talking about a type of fairies that were like, perhaps, ghosts. Thoughts connected like puzzle pieces in her mind. Although she tried, she couldn't quite crush the little bubble of satisfaction of remembering.

But she still didn't understand what the 'no blood' meant. She had only heard of the fairies and wasn't particularly detailed on it.

Even Hikaru could tell that Deidre disliked talking about herself 'now'. On the other hand, someone who couldn't must have something wrong with them.

Hikaru was feeling some pity, but there was more of a quiet acceptance. Deidre must have been through a lot.
There was also a confusion on how to react. She couldn't see ghosts, she'd almost never talked to one. She didn't know how it was like to be dead, nor how it was to 'not have blood'.

"What do you do here?" Hikaru asked.
She didn't know what she could do for the fairy, and the fairy didn't like to talk about it so she didn't see why they couldn't talk about something else. A couple seconds later she realized that she hadn't asked a very good question. Knowing that what was said couldn't be taken back couldn't stop her from adding,
"It's a nice place here, isn't it?"

Anonymous

"I'm glad it will get better."

'I'm not,' the fairy thought.  The fact that it would get better meant that she was -STILL- not dead.  It still had not affected her the way it would when she was alive.  She wished that she could just jump off of something really high, and it would just split her into a million pieces, but she would feel that, and her body would heal itself on its own anyway.  'JUST KILL ME ALREADY!!!!' she thought.  But she still was still "living" enough to notice the confused look on the girls face.  

She must have been confused about how she didn't have blood, or maybe what was there in the absence of it.  Deidre contemplated telling her everything.  About how fairies are souls that can't move on.  Stuck in between this world and the next.  How they were more dead than living, but they still had enough life in them to be depressed and miserable.  Yes, she debated telling her how there bodies weren't really living, so there was no need for blood, (or organs, really).  And how the absence of blood meant that when they were sliced open, the dead pieces of skin just hung off of the bones.  She thought she would tell Hikaru that she was a lucky one (if you could call her that) because she still possessed some of her healing powers, and her body would reheal itself, over and over again, instead of just remain in the pieces it was broken into.  Deidre was going to tell the girl, but that would just bring pity.  She didn't need anyone's pity, and sure as heck didn't want it.  

When Hikaru spoke again, the little being jumped a little, she had been more wrapped up in her own mind than she had known.  

"What do you do here?" Then, as Deidre had gathered her thoughts, and was about to put them into words, "It's a nice place here, isn't it?"  Hikaru was choosing her words carefully, afraid she would offend Deidre.  That was okay with Deidre, she didn't want to have to loath this girl, she was nice.  The nicest person she had met in well over a century.  "Yes, it's a nice place here.  Big enough to have room to adventure, but small enough that you can always find your way back home.  I usually just watch the animals, there's a fawn on the other side of the forest that I like to watch.  I watched her mother grow up.  Occasionally someone will come through, like you are, but I always stay here when they leave, they're normally always rude, or they don't like me."  She paused a moment before she realized she should ask something, (she doesn't talk to people very often) "So, what brings you here?"

hikaru.dream

Big enough to have room to adventure, but small enough that you can always find your way back home, she repeated mentally. What more could a soul wish for? Especially for a child like she had been and still was who loved exploring. She realized she was a little jealous of this fairy, but she crushed the feeling.

"I'd love to see her." She said a wistfully, but still with a smile on her face. She usually always smiled. Of course she was annoyed easily as well, but she usually never stopped laughing. Although it had hurt her, when once, she had been told that it was disgusting that she smiled so much, but now she figured it was better since she didn't get cancer.
"That's the problem with humans, we're so clumsy that only a few people get to see animals up close. And I'm even more clumsier than most people." She said finishing with a little laugh.

In Hikaru's opinion, she didn't think herself polite at all. But if Deidre said so, she supposed that was okay, so she refrained from saying anything. Anyway, why should they have been rude, they're the ones who intruded into the forest.

There was a short pause after the fairy asked why she was here.
What could she say?
Oh right, I felt this enormous magic source somewhere in or near the forest and I'm looking for it, but it's probably some sort of natural thing.
Anyway, that would lead to why she was looking for it, and although she often itched to explain why they were here properly, it was way too long.
Erasing all signs of lying of her face, she looked up at the tall trees.
"A walk. I happened by, and it was a wonderful day to have one."
And it wasn't completely lie. It was just that there was more behind it then a simple stroll.

Anonymous

"I'd love to see her," the girl said laughing "That's the problem with humans; we're so clumsy that only a few people get to see animals up close. And I'm even clumsier than most people."

Hikaru seemed to be fighting with herself internally before she answered Deidre's question.  Looking up at the trees, she finally replied "A walk. I happened by, and it was a wonderful day to have one." Even after she answered, Deidre could tell that she was keeping something back.  She didn't mind really, that the whole truth wasn't just spilled.  If she had been asked the same question she wouldn't have answered truthfully, and plus, she had kept the fact she was dead from the girl.  She wouldn't ask for more truth than she had given from the girl.

"I'd love to take you to see the fawn, if you really want to see her.  Though her mother is still jumpy with letting other's close to her.  But nevertheless, we could probably get close enough to see her. Are you alone?"  Deidre seriously considered smacking herself on the forehead for asking the question.  She had just asked an unnecessary question of a girl she hardly knew.  Trying to cover her mistake she quickly replied to herself, "You don't have to answer that."

[Sorry it's so short :( I couldn't really think of anything to say.  And I also wanted to let you know that from June 26 untill July 14 I will be gone.  I'm going on a student trip so I wont have access to any computors.  But I will be sure to get back on as soon as I can.  I will probebly be on untill then, if you want to post something in the next few days.]

hikaru.dream

"Really??" Hikaru said, her eyes sparkling. Somewhere in her brain there was a warning to be careful, not to go with people you don't know. She practically ignored this. One, she probably wouldn't get another chance to see a fawn up so close other than in the zoo. Two, she just couldn't think that Deidre a bad person. Anyway, even if there was a danger of some sort, she could either get herself out of it or if it was really bad, he'd come help her out.
"Yes." she replied. If she was lowering her guard enough to go with the fairy than there was no point in holding back that truth.

She stared into space for a moment. Or more, she looked like she was staring into space. Really, she was quickly checking the spot where her original destination was, the big clump of magic that hung in the forest. It didn't seem to be going to move anytime soon, so that was ok.

((OoC: Alrighty, no problems. Have fun! I'll post as much as I can while you're still here))

Anonymous

"Alright, just a moment, and we will be on our way," Deidre said, smiling.  Then, she flew up to the top of the trees, and looked at the sun.  In all truth, she knew what time it was, by the amount of time she had been up, but she needed time to think.  

If she took this girl into the forest two things could happen.  One, the girl would take advantage of the trek through the forest, to reek havoc on the natural state of things, or two, it would be a quiet day.  Could she chance turning the forest she had lived from and in a way loved for all of these years, against her, and against itself?  She knew, to well, what people, humans and otherwise, could do to nature.  She had seen it with her own eyes, and even, at times, participated in destruction.  Yet, for some reason, this girl seemed different from others.  The way her face lit up when Deidre offered to take her to the fawn, showed a little of the girl's nature.  It was almost like she yearned for nature.  Even the thought of her face made Deidre guilty for considering not taking the girl.  

After she came back down to the girl, Deidre looked in her face with a curiosity, which she knew reflected off of her own face.  "If I take you into the forest, you need to promise me one thing.  That you will touch the least that you have to.  And, that you will disturb nothing.  This forest is not only my home, but home to hundreds of animals.  It is crucial that you don't disrupt the natural way of things more than you already have, by stepping into the forest itself. I don't mean to be rude or condescending, but it's very important you give me your word."   Deidre wondered as she waited for an answer if this girl knew how she felt.  If she knew how it was to live your whole life trying to destroy something, and not until your death did you realize you should have been defending it.  If she knew how it felt to be a disappointment, even to yourself.

hikaru.dream

"'kay." Hikaru said, but Deidre was already up in the trees. She watched the fairy for a while, squinting her eyes then finally, giving into the brightness of the sun, looked down and took in the scenery around her. It was beyond her what Deidre was doing. Maybe she was checking where the fawn was. Maybe she was calling someone to get rid of Hikaru. The thought chilled her, and Hikaru tried not to think of it. It wasn't too hard, considering she was so excited to see the mother and child.

Hikaru put her head against the tree and closed her eyes. There were birds singing. She felt rather sleepy, and just as her head began to tilt sideways, something told her Deidre had come back. She smiled at the fairy.

Hikaru nodded as Deidre talked, her brown eyes serious.
"I understand," she said, then hesitated. She really didn't want to say this, Deidre may not take her to see the fawn. She had really wanted to see it! But Hikaru thought that protecting the forest was much more important her own wishes. She continued.
"But I'm very clumsy, so I'm afraid I may hurt more than normal people would."
Although she was indeed rather good at sporty things, she was always forgetting to be careful.
"I will promise to do my best though."
She looked straight at Deidre's eyes. The fairy had a look on her face, one that she couldn't be sure what it was but she was pretty sure it wasn't a happy one.

Anonymous

As Deidre listened to Hikaru admit her clumsiness, she began to think.  Biting on her dry lip, she thought back to her past, to find a solution to this dilemma.  

When Deidre began to talk, she didn't realize she had bit threw a couple of layers of her lip.  "I knew someone who had the same problem.  She would usually take off her shoes, when she could.  She also always watched her feet, and keep her arms out and to the side.  That might help, and we'll go slowly."

Deidre nodded her head and smiled at the girl, reassuring her.  "Are you ready? Oh, and do you have any food, if not, we can stop by the berry patch.  Of course that's up to you."

[I'm so sorry it took so long to get up!  And it's REALLY short, but my creativity is really lacking at the moment.  Things should be getting back to normal here soon.  Again, I'm really sorry.]

hikaru.dream

Hikaru could hardly believe what she was seeing. At first, she had just been observing Deidre think, and wondered what she was thinking of. She couldn't help noticing as Deidre bit through her lip and winced. That much hurt a lot, she thought, but considering Deidre started speaking without seeming to notice this, maybe it was something that fairies did. Ouch.

Hikaru considered Deidre's suggestion and took off her shoes and socks. She folded her socks and put them in her bag, for her shoes she tied them to the bag so that they wouldn't get in the way.
She was born and raised in the city, so to tell the truth she was a little frightened of being barefoot. It wasn't as if she didn't usually run around the place without her shoes on; she did. But this was different, somewhere she didn't know entirely, with bugs armed with pincers crawling around and, and....
She put her now bare feet in the soft earth of the forest floor. It had been a long time since she had done this and it felt pretty good.

"Yes, si--ma'am!!" Hikaru saluted, correcting herself just in time.
"I do have food, but if you don't mind, I love berries."
A little food anyway, she added silently. She had left most at camp.

((OoC: Don't worry, I really don't mind as long as you post in the end (: Welcome back))

Anonymous

Deidre watched as Hikaru took off her shoes and socks and smiled at the look on her face.  "I'll take you to soft spots so you don't hurt your feet."

She laughed as the girl corrected herself and her smile didn't fade when she asked if they could stop to get berries. "That's great with me!" Deidre laughed, "I love them to!"  Deidre started heading towards the berry patch, looking back every now and again to make sure Hikaru was doing okay behind her.  

When they finally got to the patch, Deidre turned around and said, "SEE!"  and sped off towards the strawberries.

(OOC: I am so sorry its so short... I can't think of anything elso to put though...)

hikaru.dream

Hikaru nodded, relieved that she wouldn't have to be stepping over rocks. She bet it would hurt, having been such a long time since she had walked on the sharp objects barefoot.

It occurred to Hikaru as she followed Deidre that she would probably never get out of the forest by herself. She was pretty bad at directions and a forest was probably as bad as a city or worse; most people wouldn't be able to tell between one tree and another, whereas in the city there were some recognizable landmarks. Hikaru did her best to walk (and run a little) quickly to stay right behind the tiny creature, for Deidre was constantly checking on Hikaru. It was hard at times when there was a lot of plants, and she would have to think of a way to get past them at top speed.

So the berries were strawberries! Hikaru exclaimed silently. She loved fruits of all sorts but strawberries were one of her very favorite. She stood in awe for a few moments, it was the biggest wild berry patch she had seen. Then, realizing that Deidre was long gone, she trotted over to the berry patch, and carefully picked a juicy red one.
She looked very happy indeed to taste the sweet flavor of the berries.
"Thank you." Hikaru said before reaching out to take another.

((OoC: Don't apologize so much. You're fine! Anyway I should be the one apologizing for not being able to perk your imagination :/))