Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Fiery Wind

Started by Anonymous, June 06, 2008, 02:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Shadow gazed accross the open expance of the large lake in the middle of a forest. She sat in a tree, her hair waving in black spirals. She looked at the pale moon and sighed. This night was beautiful. She took off her sunglasses. At least, unlike her sister,Amber, She was better at hiding her kitsune tails...and they only showed in kitsune form. She wondered where Amber had gone scince the incident. She could be anywhere in this world, or maybe in this very forest...She shook her head.

Anonymous

Taeo had been doing a very recent very entertaining thing he'd found out he could do.

Tree hop.

Being a demon he found that he really did have supernatural... well.. Everything. Taeo and his spikey white hair, the cloth wrapped around his arms to keep from freezing everything they touched. His eyes were closed when he jumped and sailed into the next tree, and unfortunately opened them too late to notice he was going to smack into someones back.

"Gaaah!! Look out!"

Anonymous

Shadow snapped out of her thoughts and whipped around, and right when the guy was 5 inches from her face, a wall of air stopped the crash and cushioned the impact. It floated and gave him something to stand on. "As long as you were having fun, I dont care if you crash into me or not." She smiled with an evil tint and turned around. "By the way..who are you?" She put her sunglasses back on. She knew that anyone who stared into her eyes directly, they woud be paralyzed. She had used the air wall for that very reason. She didnt want to practically put some person she hasnt ever met in a coma. She creeped alot of people out just by looking at them..because her eyes were anything but normal. they were redish orange and had a look that reflected true darkness.

Anonymous

A low groan and he sat up and shook his head. Ow. Who knew invisible walls would make your face ache? "Eh...You should care. I might have hurt you, hmm?" He offered a kind smile and stood up and even though he didn't really fall to the ground he still patted non-existant dirt off of his bottom.

"Who am I?" Taeo looked around then leaned forward, smirking at her. "I think the better question would be...."

He showed off his arm and tightened the knight holding the cloth to his chilled skin. "What are those funny things on your face?"

Anonymous

Iria's head jerked up as he heard a sound from off to the side, the boy starting to shy their body away from the potential danger at the same moment that Shir took over, and they glanced curiously towards it.

"What was that?" Shir asked, moving their hominid body slowly towards a lake they had spotted earlier in the day.

"Something yelling. Why are we moving towards something yelling?" The boy snapped back silently, though he didn't make a move to take over their body. Stupid curiosity, he could blame that on Shir, he supposed. Either way, the jaguar was moving them quickly towards where the sound had come from, and what soon proved to... Well it looked like two people had collided.

Before Shir could start laughing (They couldn't do that, they were far to close to go unnoticed!), Iria pulled control back to himself, tilting their head curiously and blinking at the two people, watching more the swirls of emotion over them than the people themselves.

They weren't close enough to catch more than glimpses of the conversation, so after a brief mental argument the pair edged closer, easily in full view now, slitted eyes still fixated curiously on the pair.

Anonymous

"I dont care if I get hurt or not...." She turned back around and a light blush could be seen. "....heh." She smirked, unusually large canine teeth glinting in the moonlight. "About the face thing...Let's just say I'm anything but the average creature."
She sniffed the air. "I sence another presence...who's there?"
((She is only really evil when she hates someone or is just ticked off. XP))

Anonymous

Taeo could only blink at her. What an odd lady. He rubbed at the bandana that covered his forehead and ran a hand through his white hair before stretching and tilting his head again. "Eh, I don't think anything here is an average creature." He held out his hands and wiggled his cloth covered fingers, "I'm anything but average too." He paused to purse his lips and tap his foot, pretending to ponder. "Well, here anyway."

He blinked a few times he looked at her large fangs and made a funny face. "You have the same kind of teeth a dog has." He pointed out and then looked around when she mentioned sensing someone.

A smirk played on his lips when he looked around and spotted the person the large toothed lady sensed. Well, it wouldn't be too hard to sense anyone when they were right there anyway, right? Taeo offered the person a smile and walked over. "Hi, I'm Taeo." A quick nod and he looked over his shoulder at the woman in the tree. "I have no idea who she is."

Pausing, blinking, he looked over at her. "Who are you?"

Anonymous

Iria sighed as they were noticed... or... sensed? How did that work? Neither of the boys had ever run into anyone who could just randomly know that someone was there like that. Imagine if prey could? They'd never catch a dang thing!

At least the pairs colors hadn't switched much when the noticed him. So unless they were already mad at each other, it didn't look like they were mad at the eavesdropping. At least hopefully, it was hard to tell with people he didn't know.

Before Iria's mind had focused enough for him to respond, the man started walking towards them and their minds merged as they tensed, watching him carefully. The person was smiling but body was generally the best way to tell... Or they could just wait for him to offer his name, probably a good indication that they had read the colors right in the first place.

Both of their suspicion faded at the same moment, and the expression was replaced by a bright smile. "Iria." He answered, though the question hadn't been towards him. His ears flicked as he filed away the emotion-color over the man as a safe one, and while he did so Shir glanced to where the man was looking, saying before Iria could stop him, "You two are noisy."

Anonymous

She sighed. "Hn. I'm Shadow. Well, I'm technicaly not a human, so that's why my teeth are 'weird.'" She transformed into her true form, a kitsune as big as a horse. She had a spikey colar on, silver and black. She also had 2 silver earings in her right ear. She was also all black and had black fire surrounding her feet with green tinges on the ends. Summed up, she looked badass. "Just dont freak out. Everyone freaks out when I go into kitsune form."

Anonymous

An owlish blink was presented to the Shadow lady as he turned around and stared at her. A giant fox. Of course she was. She was burny too. Taeo hissed slightly and took a few steps back, heat didn't agree with him. Ice demons did not like fire and heat. And she was standing it it. He licked his own fangs and rubbed his thumb against his middle and index finger before pressing his lips to them and blowing out a chillingly cold wind.

Then he smiled good naturedly. "Well, obviously i'm not human either." He gave a flourishing bow. "Taeo the Ice Demon, at your service Madam Foxy." He turned around again and smiled at the boy, Iria. Taeos breath came out in white puffs, the way he breathed made it look like the temperature was in the negatives, when it was actually a good night. Just warm enough but not too hot to make you sweat.

Not that Taeo ever sweated, while he didn't like the heat he could survive it. Deciding he was turned of turning from person to person, he took a few steps back to form a sort of Triangle between them. Now he wouldn't have to turn around to look at one of them. Fantastic.

"So... I was tree hopping." He pointed to himself with a cloth covered hand, "She was star gazing," His finger pointed towards Shadow, "And you were... Out for a midnight run?" A smile, Taeo might be a demon, but he didn't seem to grasp the concept that demons were generally evil.

He was never one for follow a stereotype.

Anonymous

She sighed again, and the fire around her feet turned into ice. "It always does that stupid fire thing when I turn kitsune. Ice and water are my speciatly." The ice was...weirdly black. She ajusted her sunglasses with a claw. "Well. I wasnt stargazing, exactly....the moon gives me my power. I cant go out during day...and I dont really sleep, so there is nothing to do really."

Anonymous

Iria hissed slightly as the lady changed, eyes narrowing and his ears flicking back to lay flat on his head as his mind instantly put her into the 'bigger predator: do not screw with' category.

He took a small step back, looking at her closely. The colors flickering over her form hadn't changed at all, so that probably meant she was still safe... Unless she hadn't been safe in the first place, though the words were comforting.

"What's a Kitsune?" Shir asked, before Iria could stop him, for a moment the two mentally jostled each other for dominance, Shir being curious and Iria a bit cautious, then they happened to glance towards the man. Curiosity got the better of the pair, and they merged again, staring at the out of place puff of air. He frowned again, head tilting and eyes flickering over the man as he said he was a demon. He'd always heard they were rather nasty things... But this guy seemed to be safe enough.

They shifted slightly, then decided to stay silent. They were never sure what to say when someone asked what they were. Technically, at the moment they were human. Human with a jaguar's ears, eyes, and fangs, but human. Just with how they looked it seemed like a fairly preposterous thing to say.

"I..." He trailed off, slitted eyes flickering to the Kitsune for a moment before he answered with a shrug, "I was finding out where the deer have settled in for the night. I'm not hungry enough now but come dawn I'll be wanting to hunt, and it's easier to ambush them knowing their general area."

He paused, then blinked at the man, asking "What's tree hopping?" before flickering his eyes back to the Kitsune and blinking with surprise as the sudden change. That was just... Strange. How did fire switch like that? And how could someone not sleep?

Anonymous

She glanced curiously at the odd being below her. "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you or anything. And, A kitsune is a large fox-like creature that gets a new tail every thousand years. I come from a bloodline of kitsune that all can use special elements, like I can use ice and water, and a small bit of fire. My sister...is the oppisite. She is light, I am darkness. She is fire, I am ice. I'd rather not mension her.." She looked off into the distance.

Anonymous

Taeo only stood back and blinked. Curious.

Did he miss something?

His mouth opened and freezing air puffed out before he closed it again and placed his hands to his side. Better not mention anyway. He blinked at the Iria boy. That was so cute! He had kitty ears!! Taeo smiled at him again and looked back towards the Kitsune-thing. Oh, she didn't sleep either? Taeo felt himself stand a little taller, moving oh-so-slightly to act as a sort of guard thing between the weird fox lady and the boy.

Judging from the fact the kid was hunting, Taeo figuered he could defend himself. But better safe than sorry.

"Wow, you're old then, eh?" He spoke without thinking, his eyes widened and he clapped a hand over his mouth. Ladies hated it when you mentioned their age being anything below twenty. Something like that. He could remember women from Home smacking him the back of the head when he asked their ages. Ice demons could live for a very long time. Taeo could barely remember how old he was. Actually, scratch that, Taeo didn't know how old he was.

He did know he was an adult.

"Tree hopping?" He blinked then smiled, "My familiar taught it to me." Then he put his hands on his hips. "Basically, you grab a tree, jump into another one, swing off of that and see how long you can last before you fall on your ass." His current record for fifteen.  Would have been sixteen if he hadn't bumped into the fox-woman with the funny things on her face.

"So, I'm Taeo, you're Iria, and you're Shadow." He nodded to himself then looked around again, "I turn things to ice, you have cute kitty ears, and you ... drink... Moon beams, I guess." He blinked and tilted his head, how did that work? The opposite of what Plants did? No, wait, it's still light.

Bah, he didn't care.

Anonymous

She nervously ajusted her sunglasses. "I havent talked to anyone for a long time." She mumbled. "In human years, i'm 3000. In kitsune years, they would call me a teen. I become more powerful every tail I get." She curled her 3 tails around her. "I know you want to ask some questions...all of you. Go ahead...I dont care, and I sure have time. And I dont really drink them moonbeams..." She sweatdropped.

Anonymous

"Oh." Iria answered as the Kitsune spoke, eyes widening as he tried to imagine a thousand years. A thousand years per tail, at that? How many tails did she -have-? His eyes flickered to behind her, but he couldn't tell for sure.

He noticed the demon's movement, though he didn't realize exactly the reasoning. If nothing else, it was a little comforting to have someone else between him and the bigger predator. Maybe she was safe, but instincts said that bigger predators generally tended to be not so safe things, and instincts were hard to battle. Especially since she was so much bigger than him. And could use magic. She probably could freeze him before he could even pounce.

He was about to ask how old the kitsune was when she answered, and his eyes widened more. 3000... What did you do in 3000 years? That seemed like forever! Iria didn't doubt that his shock and inability to process the number was written all over his face, but it was hard to look otherwise!

His eyes flickered back to the man, and he decided to not ask what a familiar was. It wasn't something that had been mentioned during the times he was in the villages... Plus, he was distracted by the explanation. "I'd probably fall fairly quickly" He said, somewhat sheepishly. He was great at climbing trees, not so much at jumping.

A slight blush spread over his face at the man's next statement, his ears flicking. Cute kitty ears? How were ears cute?

Anonymous

She looked at the expression on the person (she wasnt sure if it was 'people') below her and a small smile crossed her face. "Ah, that must seem ages to you. What I have done all that time...I have avoided my revenge-seeking sister, gained control of my powers, avoided beings that want to kill me for my element-resistant pelt and my potential powers against them." She tilted her head. "If you dont mind me asking, what exactly are you? I sence 2 presences, but I see one."

Anonymous

Iria shifted, feeling a bit uncomfortable as the lady looked at him. With everything she was saying it was almost like she was reading their minds and the things that had gone through them... Or maybe those were just the questions everyone had asked? Iria wasn't so sure, but Shir was quick to latch onto that explanation, and Iria figured that it was as good as any other one they were likely to come up with. At least unless they asked, and they certainly weren't going to ask the big scary Kitsune if she could read their minds!

Her next words just reinforced that feeling, and his ears flicked back to lie flat on his head. Yeah, reading minds, sensing their minds... Not to much of a difference there! Unless maybe she was sensing their souls or something.

Iria was caught off balance, hanging back cautiously as he was apt to do, and like usually happened in these cases, Shir's mind bounded forwards to take total control. He paused for a moment ears flicking and eyes focused on the kitsune, then answered, "We're just two people in one. Iria's the human, I'm the jaguar." A moment later they were more merged as Iria mentally crept forwards again, their voice a bit quieter from his influence as he added, "We're still the same person, just two different people in the same person, so don't start trying to differentiate between us, since it's never all one or the other."

Anonymous

"Okay, I get it now...You are 2 in one.." Was anyone here the definition of normal..? She looked into the distance and her eyes widened as she saw another kitsune step out of the forest. Oh sh**. Is was her sister. She whispered to the guy sheforgothisname, "She uses fire. You dont want to go near her."

Amber looked around. She had heard voices. She saw..her sister!? She growled menicingly and flattened her ears. "It's been a long time...sister." fire formed around her feet.

Shadow leaped from the trees and sat about 10 feet infront of her. "I am not getting in this again. This is useless...all that is going to happen is that we are gonna hurt eachother." She walked past her and suddenly slashed her side. "not."

Anonymous

Taeo felt like smacking his head against a tree and sobbing.

There were two.

Not two of the cute kitty-eared one. Only one of him. Well, physically anyway. Taeo eyed the pair and rubbed at the bridge of his nose.

They were three thousand surely there couldn't have been anything quite this bad to make siblings hate one another so much. He pursed his lips and watched, fasinated at their childish fight. Okay, childish in the fact they were fighting, getting slashed was rather well... Bitchy really.

He tilted his head to the side and tapped a cloth covered finger against his chin. Was he expected to jump in and help? Rush in and break it up? Lean back and watch? Taeo personally liked the last option. Getting between two pissed off fox-girls wasn't high on his list on 'ways to die' so after making sure he was close enough to pick up Shadows carcass, okay possibly passed-out-body or keep the kid. Iria? Taeo eyed the boy with near bright blue eyes and blinked a few times. Eh. Didn't matter. "This is their childish fight. Don't stick your neck out for 'em."

Okay, so he was demonish in some ways. No way was he going to get himself hurt for someone he almost pounced on. Wasn't his style. Sure he'd be more than happy to help a friend, freeze a foe, shatter them into a million pieces so they couldn't be put together again. But not for someone he met less than five minutes ago.

Taeo 'ahem'ed and looked at the two of them. " You know, you two should have more class than to start a fight on a lovely night in the forest."