Ketra at nightfall

Started by Anonymous, September 12, 2008, 11:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[center:2e1st9lg]
Who:  Carnagie Tylphe
When:  3 years ago (she was barely 14)
Where:  Ketra[/center:2e1st9lg]

Night was beginning to fall and darkness was making its way into Ketra.  Many locals snubbed their lights, looking for the darkness and quiet to put them to sleep.   Cara walked quietly down the road, arms pulled tightly to her chest.  Her face, usually fixed with a porcelain smile, was stained from the pour of tears.  The darkness, for her, was no comfort this night.  Her head hung low, but shifted very slightly each few steps, unsure of what she was exactly hoping to find at this point.  

A small chill coated the night air.  Her arms weren't covered by the light shirt she was wearing when her mother asked her if she would ride to town with her.  She stopped at an intersection, the smell of the town had even changed as nightfall covered it.  The smell of the bakery, the smells of freshly cooked meat and pies that usually peppered the town were all gone.  She took a deep breath, searching for any scent on the air, but only managed to pull cold night air into her lungs, which made her even colder.

She had been so excited when her mother sent her in to buy herself something to eat.  Her mother had never let her go unattended in town, let alone trust her with money.  That excitement gone now, replaced by the fear and sadness, she randomly picked a direction.  She didn't even try to keep her directions now, she was already too lost among the maze of Ketras streets to do any good.  When she left the shop and discovered her mother gone, along with the wagon they came in on, she ran into the streets looking, but only managed to get herself lost among the streets.

A brief excitement came to Cara as the street opened up into the now empty shopping area where she had last seen her mother.  It only lasted a moment, as she realized, that if this area was empty that it really wasn't the happy sight she first took it for.  There was no mother patiently waiting on her to return.   There was only more empty darkness.  She stood staring, unsure what to do next.  She felt a familiar touch on the shoulder, and imagined her mother standing behind her.  Before she could even look up, the coldness of the touch brought a shiver to her spine and shoulders.  She looked up into the sky, and a cheek that had felt so many warm tears now felt the splatter of a cold raindrop.

This isnt a RP anyone should join in, rather a story I've wanted to write out since I made Carnagie.   I may continue it later, but I may leave it as is.   We'll see.

Anonymous

Cara looked around for a spot to get in from the sudden rain.  With each second, the sound of raindrops got more and more numerous.  Looking towards the shops, she was aggravated to see that not even one had a porch or any type of covering.  Panicked, she turned and ran down the road behind her, her hands tucked under her arms.  

As she passed the next intersection, she saw no cover from the rain.  She turned another road and another.  She ran thru the town, completely lost and completely soaked.  Her body shaking and teeth rattling.  Eventually she stopped, tears and rain coated her face.  She let out a scream of aggravation, with a cry for help hidden inside it.  Almost immediately this cry was answered by the oddest of helpers.  

Something, most likely her own scream had startled a nearby cat, who rumbled and crashed inside a small shed.  Rushing into the rain, the cat knocked the door to the shed open.  Cara had found her dry shelter, if only for the night.  She snuck in quietly and closed the door behind her.

This isnt a RP anyone should join in, rather a story I've wanted to write out since I made Carnagie. I may continue it later, but I may leave it as is. We'll see.

Tags: