Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where did you find SotE?

Started by Rhindeer, November 22, 2008, 11:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alegretto

I was browsing tvtropes and somehow found a link to this guy's page explaining how to resolve trouble with magic differences when playing free-form online RPGs. That of course lead me to look up what a free-form online RPG is. Upon finding out, I immediately googled that topic and picked the most inviting looking link. And here I am.

Regios

I was googling for a freeform rp forum and i found this site.

Elphaba

I saw the banner in Rhi-Rhi's signature on RPG-D.  ^^  I joined because I liked the no character limit and account per player 'cause it reminds me of the first forum I RP'd on, and the community/world seemed really cool.

ManimalJr

I had always been a huge fan of any roleplaying, and fantasy themes as well, and I just googled "Fantasy rp boards", and after going through a bunch that didn't sound fun, I found this one, and realized how awesome it is, after wondering if I should join or not, I saw how nice people were, and realized immediately I would be welcome :3 and here I am~

Halkyone

I saw a couple people with the site banner in their signature on RPG-D, so I decided to give it a look.

Ignis Unis

Google.

Google solves all problems.

NaotasForehead

I was on reddit and came across /r/askreddit and a question was "best and worst of 4chan?" And a user submitted this CRAZY story on how he got on here and created this crappy character and despite all odds he beat some mod and was then kicked off this site.
It sounded legit so I looked it up and here I am.
(Idk what I'm doing help lol)

SolariaGoldleaf

Ethereal-Star

RPG-Directory advertisement. The site looked pretty nifty so here I be.

Sunstripe

wow! I was just looking for an rpg fantasy and i found sote! I am so excited to be on it and cant wait to play!!!

SillyGoy

I was actually looking for a play-by-post freeform RP site in the past few days since the Roleplayer Guild site was down. I hit up Google and visited Spirits of the Earth, and was glad to see that the lorebooks weren't too thick and overbearing, and the world not too strange and alien, unlike another site which I had tried to get into.

Ethereal-Star

What site was that might I ask? Curious minds wanna know... You can also PM me too if you don't want to say on here.

LamiaGirl

I found this one while searching through RPG directory. I wanted a place where I could bring one particular character to life. Sadly finding a site where I could build a Lamia is very difficult. Needless to say I was lucky to find this one :)

SillyGoy

Aaawwww yiss, I love lamia.

They're among my most favorite monster girls.

Psykofreac

I just heard of roleplays a lot and thought it might be something fun to do as a writer. So I googled it, I looked for something fantasy/adventure and here I am.

Ren-senpai

Introduced by a friend, looked really interesting, simply couldn't resist.

Creed Hunter

RPG-Directory advertisement.

JackieCat

Google search!  I must have spent hours looking for a RP site!  Then I found this one!  I signed up as soon as I read the rules and only one or two forums!  Glad I did!

(Sorry!  Too many exclamation points! Yay! ;D)
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Rankun

entered tex search key words something to the letter of: forum rpg

Valo

I've been playing for years in this one rpg Lyrath, but it has been super quiet there for the whole spring. I wanted to play so badly, and didn't find any good Finnish rp sites (they were all quiet! Where are you fellow Finns?!), so I simply googled "English forum rpg". Aaaand SotE was the first one. I didn't even have to open the other ones.