Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

More than just a falling star...

Started by Anonymous, January 15, 2009, 02:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hikaru.dream

"Why Dragon?" Hikaru began, than stopped. The little boy had been born alone. He would't have a name. He had no parent to name him, to care for him as soon as he came out of the egg. Speaking of...

Before 'Dragon' could reply to Raus's question, she turned around quickly and went back the way they had come. It might have seemed as if she was trying to run away from the affable older man but she didn't care. She was sure he would understand if she explained things later. At least she hoped.

Huffing, she reappeared at the clearing, and picked up what pieces of the egg she could find in thirty seconds. Stuffing the little pieces into a little waist pouch, she once again fled the clearing, and not a moment too soon. Someone -she didn't look back to see who- had appeared there. She was glad the thick underbrush covered her footsteps. Unfortunately, she couldn't do anything about the noise she was making and could do only hope that whoever or whatever had come into the clearing didn't notice.

"Tadaima," she said, panting, when she had returned to Raus's side. It took her a while to catch her breath, but she refused to put the boy down and refused to stop walking. "Oh, that means 'I'm back' in one of the countries I'm from," she added, when she saw the blank looks directed at her.

"And I forgot," she continued when she had finally managed breathe normally. "My name's Hikaru. Some people call me Hikka, but whatever's fine. And you," she said, looking down at the boy in her arms. He must have had quite a ride while she was running. "I'm sorry about the running. It must have been uncomfortable. Anyway, since you don't seem to have a name, I'm going to call you 'Haku'. It means 'white' from where I was from." She patted his head affectionately, then looked up at Raus. "Perhaps we shouldn't call him Dragon. It would be easy to track us."

Anonymous

He started to point up at the sky in response to Raus's question, but before he could say anything, the girl took off running.  Dragon watched in confused silence as she frantically scooped up egg fragments, then took off again, letting him only catch the barest glimpse of more people arriving.  He simply wrapped his arms around her shoulders and hung for the ride, assuming the girl knew what she was doing.

Dragon waved cheerily at Raus as they caught up with the man, clearly not the least bit perturbed by the interruption.  "I 'unno why.  I came here cuz..." the boy's voice trailed off as he thought.  "...I'm s'pposed to be here?  I 'unno."  He shrugged and smiled, unconcerned with the lack of information.

...Haku?  He liked that name.  He smiled happily as Hikaru patted his head, and leaned back against the girl, quite comfortable with her already.

((OOC:  Sorry about the wait. I'm plotting a little something for whenever they settle down for the night, early emergence of some abilities or whatever.))

hikaru.dream

"Okay then." Hikaru said, seeing that no one was going to lead. "Let's get outta here."
She began walking quickly, as quietly as she could, as she heard men shouting behind her. Her heart was beating so hard that Hikaru was sure that the little boy in her arms could hear it.

This isn't good, Hikaru thought, biting her lip. Although the underbrush might hide their footsteps temporarily, hunting pros would know find them. It would be much quicker if she called up something, but what if someone tracked her down by finding the source of her magic? Her magic was slightly different from the most magics on this Earth, but she figured it was best to not try it, just in case. You could never be too careful.

Well, if she wanted to hide her foot steps, there was one thing she could think of. Where could she find water?

Hikaru was sure there was a stream nearby because she had had to jump over it on the way to the clearing. Unfortunately, she hadn't done a very good job; her left boot was soaked.

Hikaru cocked her head, hoping to hear the strickle of the stream, and trying not to hear the men in the clearing. Following her ears to the stream she breathed out in relief. This would delay pursuers a little more.
Grimacing at the thought of soaking boots, she slide into the water. Or at least she attempted to. Despite her efforts there was a soft splash as her foot touched the water's surface. Slowly, she headed downstream.

"Sorry if you get a little wet," She murumered to Haku. Perhaps she should have left Raus to hold him. She was small and the stream was getting deeper every step. What if Haku caugha cold? Wait, did dragons catch colds?

It was these times where she wished she could use her magic (She hated soaked shoes), but she might as well let the enemy think she as a helpless little girl.

Once she decided they had come far enough, Hikaru hauled her feet out of the water and continued on through the forest. It was getting darker. She had hoped to find a village before the sun set. It didn't seem likely, though.

She supposed she could keep on walking through the night. The only problem was that she had no idea how long she would last.

"So." Hikaru said, when she could no longer hear shouts behind them.
"Do you want to keep going or do you want to stop for the night?"

((OoC: Sorry for the loooong wait ><
I wasn't sure whether Raus would do something, so I just went ahead and moved))