Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sea Salt Perfume

Started by Anonymous, February 28, 2009, 04:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Work. It was now almost Farrari's whole life. Wake up, maybe eat, go to work, eat, sleep. The routine now seemed to be the only lot in life that she was going to be served. Yes she did meet some nice people but serving men in a bar and inn near the beach wasnt what she always wanted to do. Her heart lusted for adventure. Perhaps, one day she would find it.
Today she had her very long deep brown hair pulled into a poney tail. Slightly damp from just coming from her ocean home. Her skin shimmered in teh light, and if one looked very closley you could see small shimmery scales on her porcline like skin. Her eyes were an electric purple with black boardering the iris, her pupil a little bigger tahn the average persons. Still her eyes were magnificent. When at the tavern, like she was now taking yet another drunk mans order she wore a dress that cut off at the knees with a purple corset with short black sleeves.

As she was working a new man came into the bar. She walked over and smiled. "Welcome! Let me get you a table." She walked over to a corner table, her hips swishing as she walked. hair damp from coming from the ocean. Her diamond anklet sparklign as hse walked. The smell of sea salt still lingering. After waiting for him to sit she rested her weight on one hip.
"What can I get ya?" please dont get drunk.

Anonymous

"You."  
The man smiled up at her calmly, seeming to ooze sensuality with his very presence.  After a moment, a thin chuckle escaped his lips, and he waved towards the bar.  "Get me a nice glass of absinthe, if you will.  I can't exactly afford to get drunk right now."  He turned back to the table, pulling out a small scroll, and a quill.  He peered distastefully at the quill, then sighed as he pressed it against his thumb, hard.  Thick black blood began to well forth, almost as dark as any ink.  He began to scribble in silence, and he rose his head towards the woman after a minute.

"The bar isn't too busy today.  Get a drink for yourself, too.  I'll be happy to buy it, and we can sit and drink together."  His very demeanor seemed to imply that he held some wonderful secret that she couldn't NOT hear.  His eyes were a soft orange, and the tophat on his head seemed almost held in place by several rose vines wrapped around it.  He continued to scribble despite the fact that he wasn't looking at the scroll.  "I promise you, I won't bite...unless you ask me to."  He gave an enticing smile, one that seemed almost to demand she return it.  "I aim to please, miss."

Anonymous

Farrari smiled. "Coming right up!" as she turned her hair swirled about her body. She hadnt even moved a couple inches when she heard his black velvet voice again. To have a drink with him? Break when she was not told to? Not what the boss wouldcall an appropraite thing. But he looked at her as though he had every thing and anything that she neededto know, an adventure hidden behind topaz eyes. She narrowed her own bright purple eyes at him. Slowly she walked to the table. She bent down and put her arms on the table and used a hand to prop her head up.
The light played on her shimmering skin. She returned it, parting her full lips to a smile that revealed white teeth. Rare for this part of town. It was also rare for her to be alone, or not owend by a man. But she was strong and could play the game well. "Forbidden fruite tastes the sweetest right?" She slowly stood and grazed her hands on teh table. "Maybe another time."[/color]

Anonymous

The man looked at her in silence, and finally give a wise nod.  "I understand completely.  I can wait until another time to continue our little game."  His smile turned mischevious, and he let out a musical chuckle.  "At least tell me the name of the wonder the gods have sent me.  Perhaps...Fara?"  He watched her for a second, and then nodded.  "Yes, you certainly do look like a Fara."  He turned away, and began to scribble once more, speaking mildly.  "I'll take my drink when you get a minute."

He began to hum softly as he scribbled, finally bursting out into song as he did.  "She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
She no longer cries to herself, no tears left to wash away
Just diaries of empty pages, feelings gone astray...
But she will sing, 'Til everything burns..."  He rose his head now, his voice honeyed and mellifluous.  "Oh, Fara!  Now is another time, is it not..."  He cocked his head, the mischevious smile back once more.

Anonymous

Farrari laughed and couldnt help but smile. She ran her tounge over her front row of teeth, shook her head and walked away to serve her other customers. Whenever she would plate a drink her head turned to check him. Until, what felt like forever she was told she could take her break. The moment she was told so she got his absanthe and a tigers blood for her. Seh came to the table and sat down sliding his drink over to him.
"Its not Fara. But its close enough. You can call me what you want." She said a smile on her lips. "that drink isnt free you know." She said pointing to the glass. "Your going to have to pay somehow."

What specise was he...? Not human. Not merman. Something darker. Farrari's feet began to ache, as though seh were stepping on very small glass shards, she needed to be in water and soon. The night began to fall. It would be dangerous for her to walk alone to the beach.
"So. I havent seen you in here before. Posidon knows I work here enough to know everyoen that comes in and out. Whats a guy like you doing here? Or should I jsut leave and not ask."

Anonymous

Yaksha looked at her for a minute, and then laughed wildly.  "Posiedon!  Oh, gods, I had a feeling you were a mer.  I have quite a nose for that sort of thing, you know..."  As he said this, a small forked tongue darted forward, seeming to test the air before her.  "Saltwater, fish, and some other...much more enjoyable scents."  He leaned forward, and then waved a hand over himself.  "I think you can tell I'm not normal, either."

His eyes seemed to shine with an ethereal power, and he waved a hand over his face, this time.  "Does this form please you?  Would you perhaps like something a little more rugged?"  At this, his hand moved away, revealing a man of about 30, his hair much messier, and a beard crowning his face like a mane.  "Or maybe something a bit more learned."  At this, a pair of glasses formed on his face, his hair a wonderful brown, and a small book in his head.  "Perhaps you like older men."  His hair was now salt and pepper, and agelines were obvious in his face, making him look a lovely 40 or so.
"I can be anyone or anything you want, Fara."

Anonymous

Farrari couldnt help btu want to cover his mouth. No one knew she was mer. If they did they would capture her, other would hunt her, some would use her. It was something that she didnt always tell people. She recoiled when she saw his forked tounge. He could taste every thing on her. This was discomforting but at the same time sent a shiver of seduction down her back.

Farrari raised an elegently shapped black eye brow. The scholar with the thick hair she wanted to run her fingers through. The rugged man that she wanted to tackle, the older man she wanted to embrace. All a certain appeal. She closed her eyes shut for a moment then opened them and looked at him. "Nothing is free in this world. You could be anything i wanted you to be, but at what cost?" She asked starting to stand. "That drink is free, this time." She smiled and winked at him. The darkness had fallen, it would now be dangerous for a woman to go out in the night alone. "How about this, if you can catch me, without changing itno something super fast..." Farrari shrugged and ran out the door.

Anonymous

Yaksha laughed, and then waved a hand at her.  "I would lose by default, Fara."  As soon as he spoke, time seemed almost to blur.  The man stood beside her, his arm around her waist and a warm smile on his face.  "Any form I have is quite fast, and it's no competition to catch up to you."  He smiled down at her calmly, seeming to enjoy his contact with the woman.  His eyes twinkled warmly, and his entire body seemed to entice without any active effort on his part.

"Your secret is safe with me, I've no reason to tell anyone you're a mer.  And as to the cost of anything your heart could imagine..."  He smiled mischeviously once more, leaning forward.  "Is that you join me on my journeys.  It must be so very stuffy in that bar all the time.  You must get out in the world, you have to EXPLORE, Fara!  And if you come...you could get closer to me."  He chuckled, and pulled her closer.

Anonymous

Before being even two feet away from the door she felt strong arms around her waist, she inhaled sharply and practically melted into his body. Her body felt electric but at the same time as though it were melting. No, she couldnt out run him. Or probably any man in Adela. But one thing was for sure. she could outswim them.

His face was inches from hers, she could feel his breath on her lips when he spoke. "Adventuers, are dangerous, they walk on a borederline of fire. The bar..its exhausting bu-" At that moment her feet felt as though they were being relentlessly pricked. "Shit." She cursed and ran for the water, the moment seh saw the tide she dove in with a splash.

The moment her body hit the water it shifted, feet into a shimmering purple tail, diamonds shparkling on the lines on her tallon, she came up and looked at him, laying on her stomach the surfe bobbing by her chest seh raised her tail to the moon.

Anonymous

Yaksha laughed, and dove forward.  "Mind if I join you, love?"  He slid beneath the surface with a surprisingly small splash.  After a minute, he rose, his hair damp and the same consistancy, as his face had taken on the simultanious appearance of the older man, and the rugged form of his other self.  He stared at her calmly, his topaz eyes seeming to draw her in.  "It's all yours if you come with me, Fara.  Anything you ask for, anything you could ever desire."

He swam towards her slowly, stroking her cheek with a soft hand, before laughing invitingly.  "Why don't you dive underneath, Fara?  Tell me what it is you see."  Had the mermaid chosen to go under the surface, she would've seen a perfect, turquoise tail where his legs had been.  He twitched his tail just slightly, his voice carrying neatly.  "I aim to please, Fara.  Don't tell me this doesn't excite you just a little."

Anonymous

Farrari's tail was far more majestic than his, thei rwas a smiple magic in that of a merperson that you could never immitate. The daimonds and opals on her tail shimmered lightly, the scales came up her sides to cover her breast, but still had a bear stomach with a diamond in the belly button. Her hair pooled around her face as her tierd fin, from being on land for so long, treaded water.

Though his inentions seemed clear she squinted her eyes a little and looked at him as if he were building a mystery infront of her eyes. Coming out at night when the vampires roam, and that smile on his lips, that the tide could not was away. He had changed again, buliding another block to the mystery, thick hair that looked rugged but dignified, still the same eyes. The kind that would give a tantrum but a know it all grin. Beautiful twisted man. She thought to herself.

With a flick of her tail she swam backward. "You an imitatoin of a mermaid. Is your charm, desire and adventure as well?" She asked folding her arms. "If not then prove it to me." With a smile she jumped out of the water for a moment and tackled him, dragging both under the waves. She whispered in his ear, lips just bearly grazing the skin: "Come on leave me breathless."

Anonymous

Yaksha laughed at her, and wrapped his arms around her carefully, pulling her close and then beginning to nibble at her earlobe playfully.  "Oh, Fara, if I wanted to take your breath away, I wouldn't need your permission.  I'd simply DO it."  As he said this, his voice seemed to turn into something musical and lilting, the sort of voice that one could expect to burst into song at any moment.  "But I do think it's time I show you how to really have a great time."

The false mermaid began to dive deeper into the water, beckoning her to follow as he did.  "I don't know too much about these waters, but I'm sure we could find something you won't soon forget down here."  He smiled mischeviously, and began to swim forward with his tail once more, darting through rock formations and coral reefs silently.  Suddenly, he snapped his fingers, though the effect was greatly dulled underwater.  "I know something we can hunt for.  Something I beleive you'd love to have."  He waved her forward conspirationally, seeming to have a great secret.  "How'd you like to control the very flames that burn, Fara?"

Anonymous

He held her as if she were to break any moment, this slightly annoyed her. Gentle wasnt always her thing. Farrari followed easily gliding through the water, tail propelling her forward. When they finally stopped she swam toward him and looked around. His smile again showed conspiricy she couldnt help but smile back.
"Mermaids cant, no matter what. The flames hate us. The only way that we could possibly to to..." She looked at him, her eyes growing wider. "Oh no we cant! Thats in the castle. We would never get in. Out of the question." She said looking at him as though he wree a little boy that needed repremanding.

Anonymous

Yaksha laughed happily, and then held out a hand.  "Oh, my dear Fara!  Don't you think I know what I'm talking about?  I KNOW it's in the castle.  I don't care.  If I wanted to, I could stroll right in, have them give me the ring on a silver platter, and let me leave with a king's ransom in gold, as well."  He began to push for the surface, shouting calmly down to her.  "Nothing in this world is out of the question when I'm around!"

He finally broke the surface, his tail having reverted into a pair of human legs once more.  He beckoned Farrari towards him silently, seeming unable to take no for an answer.  "The castle isn't as well-fortified as they'd think.  The entire defense is run by humans."  He leaned forward, giving a grin that seemed almost wicked and terrifying.  "And humans are oh so simple to get to.  I could have them open the very gates for us, if I chose to."

Anonymous

His wickedness was their, but it was all part of the carefully built mystery that seemed to be constantly added on to with every glance, wink, and smile. "No one can take that ring, but if this is your idea of breath taking..." Alice swam up to the surface, to the surf and onto the beach regaining her legs and reaching for her clothes to cover herself up. "So; where do we start?"

(sorry for the uber short post! why dont you start the new topic with them searching for the ring with ric)