Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bored and Alone *open*

Started by Anonymous, April 19, 2009, 09:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Kallirrhoe Aedus had nothing to do, and she was bored. She needed something to do...someone to heal or rescue. At this point, Kalli was so bored she would have settled for a fight just to have the opportunity to kick someone's behind. But no one was around for miles, that she'd seen, and now she was here in the middle of the Draconi Forest. She should have been in her element, being a ranger, but it would have been nice if there was someone around to talk to.

Anonymous

It wasn't every day that you got stuck into a forest and forgot how to get out. You would think that just walking straight would get you somewhere, but not for Ayvuen Saewun. He had the worst sense of direction ever. The teenage elf could never get anywhere without getting lost or finding himself in a very uncomfortable situation. Sighing, he plopped down onto the ground and took a break. It could be a while before he found a way out. Looking into the bright blue sky, he decided to play a little music. After all that was what he was good at. He guessed it made up for his lack of direction. Removing the violin case from his back, he carefully took out his violin and bow and began to play.

It was a slow piece really, more suited for a funeral than anything, but he loved to sound of his vibrato and how each note he played rung. He felt so alive when he played an instrument, he just wanted to fly. In a way, he was.

Anonymous

As the young elf began to play his violin, its sad strains weaving in and out among the trees of Draconi forest, an unusual scent wafted along the wind.
Was it sulfer? Smoke?
The woods suddenly quieted around him, leaving nothing but the sound of his instrument - no birds chirping, no small creatures fighting over a morsel - even the breeze seemed to die with the smell.

A shape approached Ayvuen from behind.

Moving with all the grace of an eel, the creature stole its way up close enough until the elf could have reached out and touched it.
Two massive wings unfurled with a leathery rustle and seemed to eclipse the very sun, the shadow they cast stretching out as far as... as the corners of his eyes could see, anyway. Claws glinted in a shaft of sunlight, wicked horns curved cruelly from the monster's head - was this the end? Would Ayvuen become a pitiful red stain on the ground in mere moments? Would he even have time to scream? And then a mighty paw was raised high, higher, higher still, preparing to swipe his head from off his shoulders-!

And unhooked a teacup from one of its horns.

And tapped Ayvuen on the shoulder.

"I say, old chap, would you happen to have any tea? I'm afraid I just ran out this morning, and it's awfully hard to come by some decent tea in these woods," the shadow lamented. "I purchase what I can from travelers, but it's rather weak stuff. Lovely music, by the way."

Anonymous

Kalli's senses went on high alert when she smelled the sulfur-smoky smell. What in the world was that? She was supposed to be protecting the forests from smells like that. With a sense of relief, she realized that she wasn't alone anymore when strains of violin music drifted her way. Someone was talented, very talented.

She went up to Ayuven and tapped him on the shoulder, too.

"Excuse me. I was just noticing your violin playing. You're very good. I apologize for interrupting, but would you happen to know the source of that smell? The sulfur-smoky one. It's making me gag and it seems to be coming from this direction. I'm a ranger, so if anything is going on, I need to know."

She didn't notice the shadow for a moment, just that the closer she got to Ayuven, the worse the smell seemed to get. Then she noticed that a shadow was looming toward Ayuven. It looked about to swipe off his head.

She let out a yell and whipped out her staff, ready to try to kill it. But then it asked for some tea and she had to laugh. It was friendly!

"I must learn to calm down, and not think that everything that moves is an enemy," she said to herself. She lowered the staff and smiled. "You both will have to excuse my rashness. My name is Kalli, by the way."

Anonymous

Avyuen had been lost in his music when a certain smell wafted around him. It was not particularly a pleasant smell; it smelled like smoke . . . sulfur to be more exact. He did not seem to notice when the sounds besides his melody vanished, as if they had all been silenced all of a sudden. He felt a tap on his shoulder, actually, two. He turned around to see . . . well it was hard to explain, he couldn't really even try, so he addressed the lady who had said she was a ranger first.

"Ah, well, uh, thanks?" Ayvuen smacked himself inwardly at his inability to talk for just that moment. " Uhm, no, the sulfur-like smell is coming from the, uhm, dragon I think?"

He paused; this had to be one of the strangest conversations he had ever had.

"Sorry, I don't have any tea, actually, I'm quite thirsty myself, after all, I have been walking around in the forest for quite a while trying to get out . . . thanks, its been a while since anyone has heard me play music, and I hope you enjoyed it."

He waved away Kalli's apology. "At least now I have company, it was getting boring wandering around here looking for an exit."

"So, uhm, Mr. Dragon," Ayvuen didn't know what to ask. ". . .how's it feel to fly?"

Anonymous

The creature let out a yelp and flinched away from Kalli as if stung. "Please don't wave that around so carelessly, you could have injured someone!" he said, all aflutter until the girl managed to calm him enough with her explanation. Bipeds! They could be so touchy...

"Well then, glad that's settled - oh, but pardon me, I seem to be blocking your sun..." With a soft grunt, he plopped down on all fours to a more reasonable height of nine feet and took up a new position in front of the pair - as the light hit him full-on in the face.

What they saw was a healthy reddish-brown dragon wearing a slightly worried expression and several teacups dangling from various horns. He squinted pitifully in the suns' rays but still cut a menacing figure, if only from sheer size (the teeth and claws and other pointy bits helped as well).
"No tea, you say? I'm sorry to hear that. I'll just have to find someone else I suppose, probably closer to that lovely city of yours. Assuming you live there, of course? Oh, how I long to feel the cobbled streets beneath my paws! To experience the hustle and bustle of everyday life, to "window-shop" as your people say! ... Forgive me, I seem to have gone on another one of my tangents," he sighed. "Tea is all that keeps my dream alive, you see. A taste of civilization in those horrible Thunderblacks!"

The dragon's tail suddenly lashed out at a nearby tree, scoring a jagged line across its trunk. While bipeds were a tad on the moody side (nevermind the tree, he was in the grip of a powerful emotion - far, far different from primal 'mood swings'), he respected and admired them for their crafting skills - especially their fine china! - and would much rather spend the rest of his days among them than, say, his vicious cousins in the mountains.

"Excuse me, where are my manners. I'm Yestin - it's a pleasure to meet you, Kalli and...?" the elf had never stated his name. "If you're indeed thirsty, I know the location of almost every pond, lake and stream in this forest. Just... no tea..."

Yestin's eyes took on a dreamy look at Ayvuen's question, sinking into a happy reverie for some moments. He sighed and glanced up at the sky. "Flight? Oh, it's pure ecstasy. So much so, I get distracted and forget to beat my wings," he said. "Do you know how awful that is? I've landed on livestock, cottages, gardens, not to mention in lakes, rocky outcroppings and... and trees."
The coppery dragon shuddered.
"I'm sick of trees. I would be quite pleased to give one or both of you a ride, as it's much easier to find your way looking down on it all. Just, er... give me a pat every now and then, would you? I don't want any accidents as a result of my daydreaming. If you wish to fly, that is."

And Yestin very carefully did not let himself remember the last time he gave someone a joyride.
They lost their lunch.
Everywhere.

Anonymous

"Oh . . ." Ayvuen smacked himself inside and was a bit embarressed that he forgot to introduce himself. "My name is Ayuven Saewun, a musician of sorts."

The elf jumped when Yestin suddenly swung his tail into a tree, but he relaxed again afterwards. He smiled at the dragon's words. Yestin really was a nice and funny fellow, and he couldnt help but smile whenever the dragon spoke. He did make a note to remember what the Yestin had told him and Kalli about riding him and his accidents from daydreaming. Laughing softly, he said. "I am quite sick of trees too, after all, I have been wandering in here for quite a while . . . oh, I would quite remember to tap you, I don't want to spill my guts any time soon . . ."

Anonymous

Yestin smiled at that, for he loved music (not to mention fine art) just as much as tea. He was a very cultured sort; one could picture him in a fully tailored suit and monocle if he only hadn't been so... so... scaly. And around nine feet tall.

"By all means, just say the word! I can either fly above and bellow directions at you or we can do it the more 'exhilarating' way. Just try to make sure none of the teacups slip off my horns if we do," he added. "I've lost many delicate antiques that way. Very sad."

Giving a gentle yawn, the dragon stretched out his wings and gave them an experimental flap, sending out a great whoosh that almost stripped a few trees of their leaves. Sometimes it wasn't so bad, being a large winged reptile.
Sometimes.
When people weren't chasing after you with swords and all that.

"What say you, old chap? I don't want to just suddenly whisk you through the air or anything, since I haven't gotten a confirmation or decline..."

Anonymous

Ayvuen was by all means a person of normal standards. He was neither very courageous nor too frightened to do anything. He had been thinking of whether or not to take up Yestin's offer for a while, rolling over the idea of flying through the sky. Oh, he would love to fly high in the sky, feeling the wind go through his hair, feeling the adrenaline rush as Yestin would dive . . . sighing, he decided against it for now.

"Maybe another time, Yestin, I'd rather get something nice to drink then anything, my throat is parched." Ayvuen smiled. "I'll be looking forward to it though."

He walked into a random direction, disappearing into the forest, then a few moments later walked back, appearing very flustered.

He looked around. "Uhm, does anyone know where good to go and have a nice cup of tea?"

(OOC: Sorry if I took long to post, my computer broke, it wouldn't start up, just kept on restarting, on and on and on . . . . >.<)

Anonymous

"I'd try the town if I were you," Kalli said to Ayuven. "And thanks for the offer, Yestin. I'll take you up on it sometime. It'll make it easier to check on the birds. But I don't really like to fly so soon after breakfast. Maybe later." Kalli really wished she had more to say, but she didn't. "Feel free to stick around, though, both of you. It's nice to know there are people around here who are just as bored as I am."

Anonymous

"Ah yes the life of the everyday person seems to evaporate into boredom once in a day." Ayvuen smiled. "I think I will stay, though there there is not much to do here, I might as well explore around."

He paused for a moment, pondering a question. He choose his next words carefully. "Hey Yestin, want to come and explore a bit with me? we might just find some tea . . ."

Anonymous

"If you're really feeling adventurous, I'll make you some tea myself, Ayuven," offered Kalli. "All it takes is a pot, some water, a fire, and some leaves. In fact, there are some sprigs of mint growing right over there by the lake. Would you like to try it?" she wanted to know. "If not, I'll leave you alone, but I just thought I'd ask."

Anonymous

Ayvuen did not truly know whether or not to stay or not. It took him a while but he came up with a compromise. "Hey, sure why not? We'll have some tea then Yestin and I will go exploring."

He paused to listen to some birds go about their business, chirping happily along. "You can come along if you like."

Anonymous

"Thank you," said Kalli. "I think I will." She went to the lake and picked some of the mint sprigs that grew there. Then she found a pot and got some water from the lake. As she started the fire with some sticks she found, she wondered what kind of mischief these two newcomers would get her into.

The tea was ready in about five minutes, and she couldn't wait to taste it. "Can you spare a cup?" she asked Ayuven with a grin.

Anonymous

Ayvuen looked in his bags then gave off a slight groan. The cups he had in his satchel had disappeared, probably stolen at the last city he had been. He looked up and around, passing over Yestin then back. There were cups on his horn. Well,teacups to be exact. Wincing, he decided to ask. "Yestin, could you spare a few teacups? It seems we have tea now and I seem to have lost my cups . . . "

He paused and stared at the tea, then he looked at Kalli, then to Yestin again. He opened his mouth, then closed it, like a fish out of water. "If you can spare some, we would be quite grateful I should say." Ayvuen finally said, smiling.

Anonymous

Hachen groaned, "We're lost."  He looked down at his small companion who was happily walking at his side.  "This is the last time I let you navigate.  I thought we should follow the road but no, we had to take your short cut."  He looked down at the companion again and sighed, "Well pig, at least you have a good nose on ya."  After walking a little further Hachen's pig ran off through the woods following the scent of the tea.  Hachen reached the clearing a minute or two after his pig did and he almost stumbled when he saw the two people and the dragon.

"Uh, hi," He said rather suprised to see other people in such a large forest.  His pig slowly walked over to the tea pot to take in the pleasent smell as if nothing strange was happening.

Anonymous

Kalli giggled as the pig approached the teapot. She had no idea who he belonged to but he was so cute! She had never heard of a pig liking tea before. A couple minutes later, his owner appeared.

"Hello, would you like some tea?" she asked casually as if it were totally normal to have tea with a dragon. " My name is Kalli and these are my friends, Ayuven and Yestin. Your pig may have some too, if he wants."

Anonymous

Ayvuen was sitting happily on the ground as he waited for Yestin to answer him about the problem with teacups. Sighing content fully, he collapsed fully onto the ground and stared at the sky. Puffy cumulus clouds rolled along, a few birds flew across as he watched. Then he heard it. A faint squealing sound as a small figure jumped over him. Ayvuen sat up quickly to see that it was a pig. It was so straight out odd that he grinned, restraining himself from laughing. A moment later another figure stepped out of the forest. He had to smile again when he looked slightly scared and confused.

"Hey there," Ayvuen waved. "The name is Ayvuen, Ayvuen Saewun."

He collapsed again to rest when the same question came back to nag him. He sat back up and looked at the young man, once again debating the question of whether or not to ask.

"You don't happen to have any cups do you? We are a bit short on them." Ayvuen grinned ruefully.

Anonymous

Hachen regarded everyone and said, "My name is Hachen, sadly I don't have any cups.  It seems though that there are some cups on Yestin's horns."  Hachen's pig walked over and nudged Hachen's leg.  "Oh, and it seems my little friend here would like some tea too."

Anonymous

Ayvuen grinned ruefully. He looked at Yestin then back at Hachen. "He seems to have fallen asleep or something 'cause he isn't answering me when I asked for cups."

He sighed and finally decided. "I'll go look for a town or some rocks that are shaped like rocks, nice to meet you by the way."

He set off in a random direction, and as the dragon, the elf, the pig, and the man disappeared behind him, he sighed again, knowing he probably would never find them again, then again, that might be a good thing, for he had a meeting to attend.