Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Political Intrigue in Serendipity - Movers and SHakers HERE

Started by Anonymous, April 23, 2009, 08:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Alright, so, we need some movers and shakers. Let's see what I can come up with.
[center:3n3lnevf]Updates:
-- Zane, Atharon, Katarina, Orphelia, Vincent, Kyrala added.
-- Katarina's Tutor open.
-- Family Summary added.
-- List of notables the family needs to acknowledge and may be potential allies.
-- Eursi family summary
-- Estate Description and image[/center:3n3lnevf]

The family I'm going to make (coming up with all of this as I type this post) will have the name of Verot'dess. Now, what does every family need that plans on taking the throne? Connections, and family members. I was thinking of having a Duke and his lovely wife, and their children, siblings, and cousins. Since they'd be an older family, I'm sure people would love to be known as a relative.

The primary race of the Verot'dess will be half elf.
Being in Serendipity, what with all the various races around, we'll say an ancestor mixed with one awhile ago. So the main line of Verot'dess will have some elvish traits. As to any particular class or job, anything fitting their noble family will suffice.  

Now to give this family some viable claim to the throne, they'll have to have some family that are rather important. I was thinking one of the commanders could be a sibling to the Duke or Duchess. Which would depend on who is interested. There would also be a smattering of other important figures spread out amongst the nobility. This would include their own Scribe (who would manage a lot of the records for the important family), their own Captain of their guards known as the Verot'dess Commander (cause every important family needs their own protection), Auditor (the main man behind Verot'dess treasury and the managing of it), Agent (all of their business is managed through this guy), Herald (someone has to be responsible for staying up to date on the other families), and they'll need a spy. Who will be paid under the table, of course, and claim some other title so as not to arouse suspicion. The Apothecary is the family doctor, herbalist, and medic.The Master Armorer will oversee the production of weapons, armor, as well as any other metal work required. The Steward manages all the cooking, cleaning, and attending staff of the estate. All of these people double as advisers to the Duchess and Duke. The family will be shelling out quite a bit, actively being power hungry, crafty, and cunning. This -is- the throne we're talking about.

There are also more minor roles to be offered, such as those that work for the Verot'dess family. If you're interested in that, let me know.

People can play more than one position, and it's first come, first serve.
Tell me who you want to be and why. I'm looking for people who want to actively promote the Verot'dess name and want to help me take the throne. *giggles*

Recap, I'm looking for ->

Commander in Serendipity Army (sibling):
Scribe:
Auditor:
Agent:
Katarina's Tutor:
Spy #2:
Apothecary: [ TBA ] - ransom-requiem
Master Armorer:
Steward:

Any position you think may be important to the family may be suggested and accepted. You are not limited to the list I have here. Family members are a definite must. So cousins, aunts, uncles, and other siblings are welcomed. ^_^ Even pretenders to the Verot'dess name.

Seeing as how this'll be a main plot point, or at least affect it somewhat, I'm willing to commit the time required to manage the family if people are interested in playing.

----

Notables: (( people we need to keep an eye on ))
Lorin - Current Prince
Lady Hatshepsut - Noble, whose favor may be important
Draesen Corrigen - Lord Knight Commander, whose military might would be a good thing to win over
Alestra - Cavalry Commander who may be vital to winning over Draesen... or equally useful as an ally.

Rival Families:
Eursi ( NPC )
Siilan ( Talyafera )

Also, if anyone wants to make a rival family... >_> Could be fun. If no rival family crops up, we'll be using an NPC one of Eusri. I'll get some information typed up on them so we all know who the baddies are. Granted, even if someone does make a rival family, we can still use the Eusri as well. ^_^

----

Filled Positions:
Duchess Verot'dess : Senoniya [ Countess ]
Duke Verot'dess : Atharon [ Lion ]
First Born : Zane [ Juno ]
Second Born : Nyx [ Atali ]
Third Born : Katarina [ Hiya ]
Herald : Orphelia [ Cleoni ]
Spy : Vincent Leonine [ Hiren ]
Verot'dess Commander : Kyrala Verot'dess [ Xphyre ]

----

Verot'dess Threads
-- Banquet of Decadence - Open - Senoniya is attending.
-- Black and Burned - Flash Back - When Senoniya and Atharon met.
-- The Bittersweet Days - Zane and Katarina around the Verot'dess estate.

(( Let me know if your Verot'dess member jumps in any threads, and I'll include them here. ))
----

Brief Family Summary : Verot'dess

Unlike many families whose first born takes over when the parents are deceased, the Verot'dess do things a little differently. They recognize that Ruling merit should not be based on -when- you were born, but what you do afterwords. The Verot'dess Heir is therefore named and picked by their parents. This means the third born may claim the estates over older siblings.

The Verot'dess name is so old that the records of its origin have been lost. This is part of their noble claim though, as there are few who have been around as long. Some generations have managed better records than others; so much of their more recent history can be constituted as reliable. A notable change came about sometime after a Duke married and sired children with an elven maiden. The Verot'dess have been proud of this union of bloodlines, claiming to receive the best of both races. It means the Verot'dess family generally lead longer lives and remain fair of appearance well into their senior years. It also means they look for those traits in potential spouses.  Other than their natural beauty, the Verot'dess have always been a relatively strict family. While there have been variations and embarrassments as with most older families, these have been promptly forgotten and erased. Asking a Verot'dess to admit they had a drunken ancestor is asking the sun not to rise every morning. Marrying into the Verot'dess family is like diving into cold water. If you're not well prepared and ready for it, it will sap the life out of you. It takes a special sort of person to be a Verot'dess, and that is something they take extreme pride in.

Verot'dess Lands : Castle Reim'Von Lyr + |Image| by Angelreich of Deviant Art
The land of the family Verot'dess has not always been as it was now. In the beginnings of the family's early years, dating back more than eight hundred years ago, the land that became known as Reim'Von Lyr was nothing more than a damn little squat with an abandoned fortress overlooking a small lake bordered by a forest. But the land itself soon became a representation of the growth of the power and influence of the Verot'dess as with each new generation more was added to the once small fortress.

To the fortress was added, at first, a few extra rooms until it became the size of a small castle, suitable for a barony. But alas to truly make the estate suitable for a Duchy, countless generations passed before it became the multi-leveled castle it is to this day.

Covering several acres in area, the castle of Reim'Von Lyr is spread wide across the northwestern plains of Serendipity, having the mountains to its rear and steadily facing the direction of Arca to the south. Different sections of the fortress differ in the number of floors but as a whole, the castle has at last fifteen levels built into it, the pinnacle being the castle keep and a few spiring towers surrounding it. The numbers of rooms is enormous, counting to more than a hundred rooms total. Many of them are decored in the latest fashions as well as a number of rooms that focus on keeping the lineage of the castle, with portraits of ancestors hanging in several different sections.

The architects hired by the Verot'dess family to pursue the building of the castle made excellent use of dark colors, broad shaping and detailed carving to make it as daunting as it presently is. Many rooms bear the wide, pointed arches that spoke of the styles of the past while windows, particularly in the east end of the building, are broad in shape and decored with colored glass. Flying buttresses extend from the outer walls to the structure itself along the west end. It is this part that houses the castle guards. There is nothing soft about the appearance of Reim'Von Lyr, for the generations of the past had every intention of making it as foreboding a place to approach as possible.

The outer walls of Reim'Von Lyr, in its growth over the centuries, are angular and wide in their protection of such a place of ancient power. The walls' thickness measure several feet in length and houses the courtyard to the southwest part, beside the entrance. There plant life thrives, thanks to the dutiful hand of the recent Lady Senoniya and the gardens are perhaps one of the most exquisitely designed portions of the castle next to the surrounding estate. In addition, about twenty-one years ago, a green house in its vicinity was built to serve as the Lady's retreat. But far beneath the roots of life, resides a dark, dank underworld.

Reim'Von Lyr's basement is split into two main parts, the crypt and the dungeon. The dungeon, as the name states, is the place where criminals and traitors are kept, not in the best conditions but most likely far better than hiding in the sewers. The family crypt on the other hand, used to house the corpses of dead relatives. This section of the basement delves several floors deeper than the dungeon and there is rumor that secret caverns lurk beneath the castle itself. Only the nether realm would know just what truly lies beneath.

Outside is where the dominating form of the fortress truly reigns. The grounds extend for miles all around (with the exception of the north where it leads up to the base of the mountain range separating Serendipity and Connlaoth) and are primarily consisting of the fertile soil of grasslands and prairies. Tenants work these fields, giving a portion of their earnings to the Verot'dess family and doing what they can with the rest. Where once there was a small lake, that puddle of water has expanded to a great body of water, connecting to a plethora of rivers in the forest to the east. The windows of the castle actually are close enough to over look the beauty of this eastern end, seeing where the water meets the forest. To the edge of the wood (and a small portion within) and southward are the edges of the land of Reim'Von Lyr.
[ Supplied by Lion ]

Brief Family Summary : Eursi
Eursi. What is really in a name? In this one...power. Strength. Intellect. Drive. Passion. As much as though it sounds like the fodder of one the seedier bookstores in the city, it is the birthright of one of the greatest families in Serenity.  The family has risen like the sun, casting everything beneath it in shadow. One could almost say that the heat and power of the sun is inherent in the family; certainly, the characteristic red hair and freckles that seems to be endemic to the line is one piece of evidence.  The Eursi family is relatively young in the group of nobility; its pedigrees and timelines are dwarfed by the other, older great houses. However, their power and influence in the kingdom can't be denied; indeed, they seem particularly focused on making up for quantity with quality.  However, the Eursi have another, unique characteristic. Their overwhelming, total, and complete disdain for everything and anything resembling the Verot'dess family. They are representative of everything that they view is wrong and contemptuous with the world.   Old, a has been, a 'something in the past'. Worst of all, they are mongrels. Half-breeds. Freaks. Why on earth they would adulterate their supposed 'pure' and 'ancient' bloodline is beyond them.

Furthermore, with this added lifespan, it has only served to make the Verot'dess family indolent and weak. They seek to wait, and cultivate their family. To uphold honor and move in the shadows. It is no surprise that, behind closed doors the Verot'dess Duke and Duchess are referred to as "Lord and Lady Spider".  The Eursi stand for action, deliberate, controlled, but not hesitating. They do not apologize for what they do, what they say, and hell with what others think or say of them. Their peculiar lifestyle has won them many enemies...but, it has won them their share of allies and admirers.  It would be utter folly to challenge their courage with anything less than a blade in your hand and an army of bared steel at your back. And even that may not be enough to stand before the inexorable tide of their intention.

They pride themselves on their ability to immediately and entirely exploit a situation, even before all the pieces fall into place...and it has worked out to the benefit of the family so far. With the current situation in the kingdom, it is all indicative that it will do so again.
[ Supplied by Abhorsen ]

(( approved by Gold ))

Anonymous

Ooh, this looks fun and very interesting. =) I would gladly play their first child if it's okay with you, I think this could be really...fun! xD

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Lion

Oo!! I'd like try this out.  I'd like the spy position if you don't mind.  I like espionage and intrigue.  If not that then maybe the Duke position since I enjoy playing nobility.  The whole rules and gossip thing really gets my gears a-grinding (and not in a dirty way, for all you gutter brains out there DX]

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

*giggles* Which one do you like the most? And Senoniya's profile is up so peer over that and let me know if you wanna make the Duke with her. ^_^ I do need crafty people.

Anonymous

Anonymous

This does sound like fun indeed!! Mind if I take the Duke position? My qualifications are as follows:

I respond in a timely manner
I know fairly good engrish
You already know we rp good together.
I can handle the responsibility of a higher ranked character

Um....that's all I can think of right now. Let me know if I can make him!! ^_^

Anonymous

Wonderful, Juno. ^_^ I like him. He and Senoniya will be amusing. I can see where he takes after his Mother. Good, good.

Since Lion asked first about the Duke, I'll have to see if he wants him. I'll pm Lion and get back to you.

EDIT

Lion went ahead and claimed Duke. Sorry. ^^' That does mean the Spy is open now.

Anonymous

...I haven't even posted as Kaylin yet and I'm tweaking out over this XD

I would LOVE to make a child of the Senoniya! Can I, can I?!

Edit: *Light Bulb!*
Could... could Kaylin be a cousin? Her father biological father is from Serendipity, and she was born there. She would have to find out about it. That would be a fun post! ^o^

Lion

Hmm, I think you could work things out both ways.  You can still create a new character even though you haven't quite started playing with.  You should discuss this with Countess with further details.  But I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

*grins* I can reserve a child slot for you, and if you'd like, we can prolly work out Kaylin being a cousin. Shall I save a slot then?

Anonymous