Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Peace and Solitued (OPEN)

Started by Anonymous, May 13, 2009, 10:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Alone.

Karta was completely alone.

It was a nice solitude; a welcoming silence as he walked through the broad-leaf, temperate forest in hope that he would be able to relax. He had heard the Draconi Forest have plenty of prey be they animal or human-like. It's the perfect place to get away with killing something. Karta thought.

It was far away from civilization, what with the forest had been able to grown dense with under bushes and trees. Though by just looking at the path that he was walking on you could tell that this was one of the places in the world that had yet to be touched by those that could damage it.
I wonder will my feet take me today. Karta thought.
 He noticed that most of the animal tracks seem to head off to the side.
Must be one of the water sources here.
He decided to follow them, as dark was about to set in.

Finding the water source, which turned out to be a lovely clear lake, Karta started to set up a camp for the night.  His small tent and fire was easily to start after clearing a small section free of debris and rocks. Looking at the camp, he was pleased to see that he had remembered how to set a basic small camp site up without disturbing the land around it much.

"Now all I have to do is catch some fish from that lake for a nice meal. It would go nicely with that herb bread that I bought in the last village. Too bad I have no butter that would go nice with the fish and bread." He said to himself.
He went in to the trees to find a nice long stick to use as a fishing pole, as he had yet to buy one.

Coming out with a five foot pole like stick, walking toward the lake he got ready to catch his first fish. He had never actually fished before, but he had read about it.
Walking over to the lake he held the pole outward over the lake. Karta did not know that he needed a line and bait to actual catch the fish only that he needed a pole.

What had seemed like many hour (really it was only 2 hours at the most), his patience ran out. Karta throw down the pole yelling YOU STUPID THING!! WHY ARE YOU NOT CATCHING ME ANY FISH, ARE YOU DEFECTED OUR SOMETHING! While pointing at the inanimate object in anger face flushed slightly red.

Anonymous

Wether or not Chime had really seen the man at the river, she would have stopped anyway.
Seeing people, or, rather anyone, for that matter, in these parts was not abnormal. Chime liked seeing new faces.

The forest was a gorgeous place, that was why Chime returned to it so often.

She emerged from the tree she had been standing behind. She trotted forward, she was holding her dress in her mouth, she had just shifted into her wolf form, thus meaning, she had become naked, again.

In the long run, Chime didn't mind that slight defect in her shifting, she was used to it now, no matter how much trouble she got into for entering inns or peoples houses wearing nothing. The only other slight problem with her gift was the possibility of loosing her clothing after shifting, thus why she held them in her mouth now, gently as to not puncture holes in them.

She stood on the opposite bank, watching him, he was using a stick to catch fish. Chime did not move when he screamed at the stick, throwing it down angrily. Though if she could have smiled, she would have.
She wriggled out of her bag, settling it down on the bank, nudging her flute, she didn't want it rolling into the water. She placed her dress on top if it, carefully.

She turned to the water, locking her amethyst eyes on him for a moment. Before she dove into the water, catching a fish in her jaws. She surfaced again, and paddled over to him. Seting the fish down in front of him.

She lowered herself into a sitting position, settling her paws in front of her canine body. Her eyes shone with curiosity. They were her only feature that remained the same when she shifted, canines had slitted pupils, but Chime didn't. He'd be able to tell she wasn't just a wolf.

"Thats how i do it" she said, that canine lash still in her voice, when she poke while shifted, her voice lacked that musical ring it had when she was human. She cocked her head to the side, "Hungry?" she asked, a kind touch to her words, maybe she should shift back to her human form, so she didn't scare him too much...

Anonymous

A second set of eyes, small, yet wide and facinated, had seen the throwing down of stick and everything after... little ears had heard the man's mild curse and the talking wolf.  Little chest had been still, breath held.  Little limbs had gripped branch firmly, the desire to wiggle held under control.  Just barely... ohhh, yes!... just barely.  But... ahhh, as in all things so young, such restraint just doesn't last.  It all started with tail's tuft, and worked its way forwards, as little eyes focused on the...

...  "Sticky stick!"

A ferret-sized creature, long of body, long of limb and tail, eyes a pale blue touched by lavender, ears large and very mobile, odd crystaline forehead "badge", fur shades of golden brown both pale and not, scales... yes, scales on lower limbs, silver, with a bit of dark tarnished highlights here and there... yes yes!... this small creature, marked as female most positively by her tail's tuft, if by nothing else, went from wiggle to gleeful jump.

She landed with a small thump and scatter of leaf-litter...

... then snatched up the rather large and heavy stick, hugged it with delight...

... and seemed suddenly to notice the man.  And the wolf, with fish.  Giggled.  Then made big, moist eyes up at the man...

...  "You's a'still wanters sticky stick...?"  This... Little One gave her prize a lick...  "Ifs you's a'don'ts, canna please keeps it, pleasey cheese...?"

With wide, soft, moist eyes, laid-back ears, and little pawhands touching each other, while little forelimbs supported her prize without apparent effort, she kept her expression focused on the man... on the one who had thrown the stick away... and...

... ohhh, added a small tremble to her muzzled lips, all four of her tiny nostrils flaring as she inhaled for a great big sigh.........

Anonymous

Karta stopped his rant and looked at the mutt like dog, staring at it as it climbed out of the lake like the filthy beast that he saw it as. When it came closer he noticed the fat juicy looking fish in its mouth.

Why did it have to show me up like that, really and bringing that oh soo good looking fish. he thought his mouth watering at the thought of eating that big ugly looking fish.

He was startled out of his fantasy as the dog dropped the luscious fish at his feet. Karta lifted his eyebrow and thought what the hell?  Did it just give me the fish that was in its mouth? When it opened its mouth he was startled to find the mutt had enough intelligent to speak as it was a dog or was it something else all together he thought.

When Karta heard it ask if he was hungry, he glared at the mutt. Am I hungry, am I hungry?! Why would I not be here at this stupid LAKE if I was not hungry? No do not answer that as you apparently don't know why I had that lame ass of a stick in my hand trying to fish! he yelled in a loud and overly angry voice pointing at the said stick.

When all of a sudden a small exited voice asked him a question, he turned to look at the stick that had been behind his back to see a small creature. Karta thought about the question but as soon as he saw the lips tremble, his thoughts changed interesting species but why would it want such a useless stick, as it had failed to catch him any fish .

Asking the small thing in front of him, "Why do you want it? It doesn't work. I tried to fish with the stupid stick but it has not caught me no one."

Anonymous

Chime turned her canine head to the tiny creature, her expression softened, it was... well to say the least, adorable!

She was about to move over to it, when the angry man turned his screaming on her.
Now Chime was angry.
She held back the growl that threatened to escape her throat, and shifted simply, back into her human form, pulling her hair over to hide her breasts.
She faced the man.
".. I was only trying to help..." she whispered, her voice sounding like golden windchimes.

She sat down and hugged her legs to her chest. Beside the tiny creature. She lifted a slender hand to stroke it's head. She had never seen the like of it before, a kind smile touched her lips. She turned back tot he man, her elfan ears erect.
"You ought to keep down your noise, you're scaring the animals" she smiled, "It's probably why you haven't caught any fish, have that one if you like" she pointed tot he one she had caught.

She refused to retaliate to his anger, Chime was proud of herself in that respect, she could remain calm when she wanted to, it more often than not calmed the opposing force too.

She pointed to her chest, "I'm Chime" she smiled a kind smile. She turned to the tiny creature, and reached for the stick. "You want your stick?"

Anonymous

Even though it was late, the sky lit with stars and the forest-near, lit by campfire, this small, ferret-sized alien child had no fear of the dark, nor any fear towards the two she shared the night with, in the here and now.  So young, so ever curious, so filled with life and bright energy, she couldn't help but take in everything life showed her.  Yes, like most young and intelligent creatures, she soaked up knowledge and experience like a great, big, humongous sponge.  Her small-sized brain eager to learn and grow... to figure out life, the universe, and everything.  All at once, if she could....

But no, no... she had to settle for bits at a time.  Had to look and listen and touch and taste and sniff.  And ask questions, too.  Strange, how this obviously grown human also asked questions!  Well...

...  "Poor Sticky stick... you's a'don'ts wanna be 'is friend anymores?  I's a'be 'is friend, 'anna......... *"

The talking wolf... the lady talking wolf?  Well, she wasn't a wolf any more, and she was... ohhh, that felt sooo nice!  Stick slipped slowly from crook of forelimbs to tiny pawhands to ground, as her wide child-eyes closed under the touch of fingers, ears drooped in pleasure, while her little head offered itself for more...

... only, this once wolf, now naked lady person had pointed to herself, and given her name... and then asked her if she wanted Sticky stick...

...  "Yes yes!"  This Little One accepted the stick back from Chime, hugged and licked her prize, then suddenly...

...  "Oh's no's!  I's a'called Honalee... you's a'two hungry?"  She pointed one end of Sticky stick towards the other side of the lake... towards a now evident glow of soft, steady light...

...  "Mama and Dada shoulds a'haves supps all's a'doners by's a'nows... if's they's a'nots hanky pankerin'...."  A roll of child-eyes, a chirpy giggle...  "They's a'somes times doozers that...."

Anonymous

Karta glared as the mutt turned into a naked female. Disgusting, not only a flea ridden mongrel but a humanoid female .  "You may have been trying to help Female , but you should have stayed in your mutt of a dog form. As no one here wishes to see was the Gods gave you, unless of course you are nude for easy access for any rapist that comes by" he said with a sneer.  

Karta just hated the fact that a female had been able to catch a fish like the one she dropped at his feet.   Its just not fair that a she was able to get a fish! Yet I could not catch a one with the stick that I tried to used . Just then he heard What-Ever-It-Was start to ask the lame stick a question. But the female caught his attention again when she said that Karta was noisy and he was scaring away the animals, as well as the fish. This made him gape at her. Is she stupid! I was quiet until that stick did not do its job and did not catch me any dinner .

"No you can keep your fish! I would rather eat my bread without the fish that you have touched."

Karta knew that he was being a bit rude but he did not care. In his mind, Humanoid women were useless, all untrustworthy bitches! At least when she was the mutt she had a use. He watched as she introduced herself to the creature. He snorted when she said her name was Chime, really who would be proud of a name like that. Only a whore that's who!  

Karta watched as she reaches for his stick and offers  it to the tiny, dare he say cute, creature.  He was angry because she thought she had a right to give away his stick. It might not be doing its job but it was still his. He had found it, therefore she had no right to try and give it away.
"That is my stick Female !" Karta muttered under his breath, refusing to call her by her name. He would never call a female by their name. Unless of course they prove themselves trust worthy. He was sure that she had heard him with those ears of hers but she had already given Karta's stick away and the creature had already taken it.

Karta folded his arms over his upper body and glared at the female, Chime, muttering about stupid hags stealing his stick. He never made any such comment when the creature, Honalee, introduced itself.  He heard Honalee invited both Chime and himself over to its campsite.  
"Wait just a minute Honalee, I need to pack up my tent and put out the fire. I can't just leave it here", he said, in hope that the little creature would wait. Why Karta was actually thinking of sharing his bread if Honalee was going to share food as well. He was not sure about that Chime mutt though.

As he was throwing things back into his pack, Karta thought maybe he should introduce himself. Karta double checked that everything was back in place and all his belongings were in his pack. He retired his sword that had been disturbed.
 As he was throwing his pack on he introduced himself, "My name is Karta, Honalee."
Karta ignored Chime and made sure not to brush against her as he patted Honalee on the head as one would a cat.

Karta felt horrified to see that even after all his carefulness. His hair betrayed him when a slight wind came over the lake and brushed his hair against her. I will have to wash it tonight. Hopefully I will have time and there will be water where we are going .

Anonymous

Chime raised her eyebrows upon hearing his reply.
Sexist too? Now thats just... low...
He snorted too as she stated her name, Chime flinched a little, she liked her name, it was one of the few things she had kept from her past. Albeit, she did not let his insolence get through to her, he couldn't have seen more than she had. Surely he hadn't seen his own parents ripped apart before his eyes.

She became aware of her blurring vision... tears.
She wiped at her eyes hastily, and kept her eyes downcast.
Chime wrinkled her nose as he said rapist. That hit a nerve. But she kept quiet. He then proceeded to insult her further by stating he would not eat anything she had touched. She was hurt, she had to admit, he barely knew her... why was he being so... crude?

She kept her amethyst gaze locked on him as he pretended she didn't exist, packing up his belongings and speaking only to Honalee.
Chime's brow twitched as the man proceeded to pat the tiny creatures head. Chime had to smile at that.

He's nicer to something he's never even seen before... than he is to me...

Something had obviously happened to this man to make him so... inconsiderate of women. That or he just really didn't like Chime.
She sensed discomfort stream off him as he stroked Honalee, his hair blew in Chime's direction, lightly brushing against her.

She smiled in spite of herself, "Karta is a fine name" she murmured.

She turned back to Honalee, "It'd be a pleasure to join you little one" she laughed a bit, the tiny creature, seemed to love being stroked.

"Allow me to gather my belongings also" she said, she stood again, and crossed back to the lake, she shifted into her wolf form again, swam across and retrieved her bag and dress. Lifting them in her jaws, before she swam back, keeping her head afloat as to not wet any of her clothing.

Once she was on the other side again, she shifted simply back to her human form, slipping into her dress, and pulling her bag over her shoulder again, adjusting her flute.

She walked back to were she had dropped the fish, she picked it up,
"What a waste.." she sighed, and threw the silver thing back into the lake, at least there something would eat it.

Chime turned back to her two fellows, smiling at the both of them. She didn't care what Karta said to her, words were only words, they could only hurt her to a slight degree, it was nothing Chime couldn't shake off.

Anonymous

Actually, Honalee hadn't been asking the stick any questions... that would have been silly.  She'd directed that question towards the man, even though it might have seemed otherwise.  She may have been young, but she was sharp enough to fully realize her Sticky couldn't ever talk.. sharp enough to play games with her words.  To pretend.  After all, this man had thrown this stick down on the ground, and rejected it.  Honalee knew a tree once "owned" this stick, and since all trees deserved respect, same as all living things, so too did their discarded branches.........

But this is all neither here nor there, really.........

This male human was acting rude.  Honalee couldn't quite figure why... couldn't figure why he rejected Chime or her fish.  Very nice fishy fish!  And even more strange, how this human spoke nice to her.  Why was that?  Rude to one, not rude to another... made no sense, but Mama and Dada would figure it out.  They always figured stuff out!  Well, he had his own camp packed up now, and the fire out, aaand...

... ohhh, so nice!  Honalee accepted his pat on the head... she'd never rejected anyone in her short life, even if they were very rude.  Her parents had taught her to always be polite, even towards those who were not.  Even though they'd also taught her... sometimes, certain people do need a good spanking.  Perhaps they'd teach this human not to be rude?

But... her friend Chime was crying.  With one tiny pawhand, she held her stick, as she began to reach up towards her new friend.  But Chime had wiped her own tears away, the head-pat had distracted.  And then Chime had accepted her invitation, laughed a bit, stood out of reach...

... wolfed herself...

... came back with her belongings...

... re-humanized, dressed, and...

... threw Fishy fish back in the water.

Honalee joined her in a sigh, sorry to see Fishy fish go.  But glad she had two new friends... for dinner, if no other time and place.  Excitement welled up.  She couldn't help but point Sticky straight up towards the stars, between these two, before she shot up the  stick to its top, and perched there, now much, much closer to eye-level...

...  "You's a'twos a'gonna likes Mama and Dada.  They's a'be funners to plays with...."

The stick at that moment tilted and fell, but Honalee dropped swiftly to ground, caught Sticky... then, while she held him overhead with a "Wheee!" and a giggle, she dashed off towards the glow on the other side of the lake, making aeroplane noises as she went.  Then...

...  "You's a'can'ts catchers me!"

Ahhh, yes... a dare!  A game in the making!

Anonymous

Karta watched as Chime she shifted back to her mutt form thinking, I really should find out what breed of mutt she is when she is in that form. He waited with Honalee as she swam across the lake to gather her belongings. It had barely been an hour when she came back to the shoreline of the lake.

He watched Chime shift back to her humanoid form he was glad to see she finally had the common sense to put some clothes on. Thought seeing her throw the fish she had caught backing to the lake, when she could have thrown it into the bushes for the scavengers animals to eat. What a waste! Even if I would not have eating any of it Honalee and herself could have eating it.

Chime had turn to look at Honalee and Karta with a smile on her face Arg! I think I almost lost what little was in my stomach just seeing that smile of hers.

Honalee then crawled up to the top o f the stick to perch there and told Chime and Karta how much they both would like Honalee's parents and how more fun it would be with them. I really need to find out if Honalee is a female What-Ever-It-Was like I think it is? Or if I am wrong and it is male? Most of what he wanted to know was what type of spices Honalee was.

Before Karta could voice he question Honalee took off into the woods toward what looked to be anther campfire making weird noises as it ran. He then herd Honalee yelling, "You's a'can'ts catchers me!"

He stared after it before speaking to Chime, "We better follow and be quick on our feet if we want to keep up with Honalee, Female." Karta did not wait to see what she would say and quick ran after Honalee with his hair and robe-like shirt flying out behind him.

He quickly caught up to Honalee but it was still faster than him. Karta kept Honalee's tail in his sights as not to lose sight of it, as anything could be out in the woods at time of night. As he ran he listen to the running feet behind him of Chime, he may not trust or like her, because of her sex, but he would never wish harm on her. He would also never admit it but she was slowly growing on him even if she was still disgusting to look at most of the time. Of course he would never admit that out loud to anyone.

His sword was lightly tapping against his leg as he ran but he paid it no mind, as Karta started to enjoy the light night breeze, buzzing of the insets and the night songs of the birds and other animals in the Draconi Forest.

Anonymous

(OoC_ hehee, 'Wolfed herself')

Chime raised her gaze to Honalee as the creature scampered up upon her stick, at eye level to Karta and Chime.
Chime laughed lightly, as Honalee challenged them to a race of sorts. Without hesitation Honalee uprooted her stick, and fled, calling to Chime and Karta.

Chime looked at Karta as he suggested they be quick ont heir feet if they want to keep up with Honalee.

Chime nodded, in silent agreement. With that, Karta was off, his billowing robe flying out behind him. Chime smiled and ran after the two of them. The longer part of her dress, a long piece of material behind her, flew out as she ran. The front piece of material, that attached to her belt dancing in between her legs, blue hair flying behind her.

She ran beside Karta, occasionally pushing off one of the trees, using a branch to swing forward. She was having fun. Despite Karta's attitude toward her.
She swung herself up into a tree, leaping from one treetop to the other, landing just behind Honalee, she didn't stop her running. Her flute in her bag was bumping against her behind, but she didn't mind.

She turned to look at Karta, not slowing her speed, he looked like he was enjoying himself, she gave him a kind smile, before turning her attention back to following after Honalee. She clould only just see the creatures tail, but she was keeping up, slightly faster than Karta. She made sure she could hear his footsteps behind her, if he fell behind or got lost, Chime'd help him find Honalee again. She knew the forests like the back of her hand.

Chime knew she'd be faster in a beast form, but honestly, she couldn't be bothered changing again. Karta didn't seem comfortable with her when she was naked either..
She snaked a hand behind her, and gripped the neck of her flute, frightened of loosing it. She shoved it in again, and kept Honalee in view.

Anonymous

Honalee was indeed a female What-Ever-It-Was.  A very young and energetic female child, member of a very unusual species.  Born to average parents out on their second WorldWalk.  And, yes, quite fleet on her little hind feet, while her forelimbs' pawhands held Sticky stick overhead... somehow, without hitting anything, as she raced through the woods around the lake.  All the while, fully aware of her two new friends.  Holding herself back, really, so they wouldn't lose her, tuft never still, so they would have something to grab their attentions.  Oh, not to mention her giggles, coos and various "pretend" noises, as she played with her stick.  Pretended it was many things, from rocketship to birdie bird to...

... well, animal things not familiar and/or native to this world.  This also, so her "followers" would know where she was, even if they lost sight of her tail's tuft.  Honalee knew the forests even better than Chime, through the benefit of her biosenses.  She couldn't get lost.

Honalee just enjoyed herself, living in the moment... she hadn't run about two-legs for this long in some time, and what with all the skipping and hopping, it was a wonder she never tripped and fell, or whacked anything with her Sticky stick, the way she waved it about.  Young, yes, and at times, she did have her awkwardnesses.  After all, she was a growing girl!  Another year, perhaps less, and she'd be too big to fit under her Dada's shroudruff feathers.  Not to mention...

...  "We's a'here!"

Not that her companions couldn't have failed to note the light through the trees.  A cool breeze, buzz of insects, songs of night-birds and sounds of animals, this was expected... yet, as they drew closer to the other side of the lake, what Karta had thought another campfire turned out not to be so.  Campfire-like perhaps in color and intensity, but no flicker.  A steady light coming round the trees, and casting shadows.........  

In fact, little Honalee led the two around one last tree with a sqeal of happiness, so much so, she dropped her Sticky stick just on the other side, started to dash forwards on all fours, then...

... hesitated, stood back up on twos, tiny pawhands to furry little chest, and rolled her eyes as she snorted.

Why?

Well.........

... as Chime and Karta would discover upon rounding that last tree that blocked their view, the steady light came from seven lamps hung on poles... artificial camplight set to light a small meadowed-clearing campsite, not too near but not too far from lake's edge.  But these were not the most unusual things present... a low table, partially set, no chairs... a preparation cart loaded with cooking gear and goodies, next to a large, gleaming portable grill, upon which food was still making wonderful scents, as steam and sizzle worked its magic... off to one side, opposite, an open tent-cabin, loaded with soft pillows.  But even these things couldn't really hold attention, except...

... well, there'd obviously been some form of incident, given part of the table settings were scattered on the ground, the prep cart had a few overturned bottles, and a bit of a mess still dripped over the edge.  However, the most remarkable thing was the two creatures present in this scene.  Much bigger than Honalee... one, with a tufted tail just like her, crouched down near the table, one plate still in hand, faraway look in eyes...

... the other?

Well...

... ummm....

No tufted tail's tip, but a shroudruff of blue-tipped, blood-red feathers covered shoulders and back... actually, like the tail of a bird, this shroudruff was partially raised and flared, as this obviously male creature... ahhh, hmmm... licked his not-so-private parts, while he sat on his haunches next to the prep cart, one digitigrade leg stretched out, hunched over in a very impressive display of flexibility.........

Honalee finished her snort, and waved in the direction of her parents...

...  "Brother-sister must'a kickered agains...."

Anonymous

Karta heard Chime's steps disappear. He jumped a bit when she fell out of a tree and kept running. He watched as she grabbed something to push deeper into the bag she had. I wonder what that is. It looks kind of like a small wind instrument s. As they came closer where Honalee was leading them, Karta noticed Honalee drop the stick.

He also noticed that Honalee, and Chime slowing to a stop. He stepped off to the right of Chime when the three of them came to a stop. What he saw what not what he would expect; it looked like a miniature outdoor nature type of home. Though there was no roof, but the leaves of the trees to stop any rain or snow from falling in to Honalee's home.  He noticed two more of What-Ever-It-Was They must be the parents.

One was just standing there it had the same features as Honalee, meaning the tufted tail, the other who had feathers covered its shoulders and back. Karta could tell it was male do to the ...
well ....activity he was doing. Well this is not awkward at all. Nope, looks like the male is not that self-conscious at all. he thought with a slight blush rising to his cheeks.

Honalee startled Karta when she had snorted and then saying how her/his brother or sister must have kicked. Karta figured out Honalee was definitely a female while thinking, The females of her race must have the tufted tails and the male the feathers. Makes it easier to tell them apart now just to find out what type of race they are.

Karta cleared his throat lightly in hope to startle the two What-Ever-They-Are out of their dazes. But also a chance to ask some questions maybe.

Anonymous

It was not too long after that Honalee halted. Chime stopped beside her, feeling Karta move to stand on her other side.
She surveyed the area they now stood in, it seemed like a nice place to live, the lamps that lined it gave the area a warm feeling. Chime liked it.
She looked at the other two creatures that stood there, she could tell by their aura that they had just missed something, and Chime what somewhat grateful.
By just a glance at each, she knew the feathered one was male, and the other, was female.

A light laugh bubbled to her lips upon seeing what the male was doing. She heard Karta clear his throat on her other side, while Honalee snorted.

"You have a fine home, little one" she mused to Honalee, lightly scratching her head. The trees above them held off any rain that would have threatened to fall, Chime's smile flickered as she looked at the canopy, she couldn't see the stars anymore.  

Albeit, she liked Honalee's home, the place had a unique quality too it.
She sensed a change in Karta's aura, casting a sidelong glance in his direction, she caught a blush, making itself known on his cheeks.
Her smile only broadened.

She heard around her, the sounds of small animals, calling to one another, insects buzzing loudly, calling to their mates. She tilted her head back and lost herself in their calls, listening to each separately, the atmosphere was... peaceful.

Anonymous

No, the male was not at all self-conscious.  However, he was very self-aware, not at all in a daze.  No living thing within a hundred miles escaped his notice... however, he was "conducting business"... his other senses focused on the sound of voices, various scents, the taste of what he was... ahem!... licking.  And the sight of what still needed cleanup, which lead to his tongue working away from private area to the inner thigh of his extended leg, were a bit of.........

The female?  Well, yes, the hormonal euphoria had left her a bit dazed, as it always did when the unborn child within kicked, and yet.........

Honalee clasped tiny pawhands to face, and giggled again, this time in response to Chime's laugh and compliment...

... which only served to catch her father's attention.  He paused in his work, looked over to where his daughter and two guests stood, gave a lick between his four nostrils that, mixed with his "exposed" posture, turned out unintentionally suggestive, and then said...

...  "Better a bottle of barbecue sauce, and not a tray of knives, hmmm...?"

A big, toothy grin cracked his muzzled face.  Anyone observant enough would have noticed the tray of assorted knives sat right next to the bottles, on the prep cart.  Oh, and the meat cleaver sharing the tray, as well.  Each one of them looked very... sharp.  And pointy.  The cleaver, very... heavy duty.

Honalee cleared her throat and spoke up...

...  "You's a'see...?  I's a'tolds you Dada was funners...."

She wiggled, dropped down to all four, dashed up to her Dada... who, right then, had returned to licking that last bit of sauce off his thigh... well, she dashed up, patted him on the head, then four-footed it over to her Mama...

... pounced, grabbed hold of maternal tail, and gave it a great big hug.

Mother shook herself, her focus once more back on the here and the now.  Father finished that last lick, stood fully upright, stretched, flared his shroudruff in display... licked his lips... and then.........

Mother set plate in her grip down on the table, briefly touched her belly with both hands, eyes aglow as she looked down, her face warmed by a smile.  Then she collected the fallen silverware, caught up her daughter by the simple expedient of lifting her tail, with child attached, and paced gracefully over to the prep cart.  Once there, she set the dropped impliments in the cart's washbin, snatched an apron hanging off the cart's handle, and somehow managed to dress her mate in said apron, while he stretched...

... an apron that said "Kiss The Cook!" in big red letters on the front...

... which she did, with a lick to his cheek and the words...

...  "My Love, better safe than neutered...."

... before separating daughter from tail and cradling her in her arms, as she paced towards their two guests.  Father?  Well, he briefly tended to grill and hurred chuckle, even though the grill had already tended to the delays.  Then he followed his mate, to greet their guests...

...  "I am Thoee, of the Bloodline Rurrumm...."  Her voice soft and gentle, yet firm...

...  "And I'm Deen, of the Bloodline Ahvviyinn...."  His voice, rugged and strong, yet loaded with humor... his teeth, white and sharp in his grin....

As one, Thoee and Deen bowed to their guests.  Honalee?  Well, she'd snuggled into her mother's arms, and fallen asleep.........

Anonymous

Karta looked at Chime from the side of him head; she was looking around so she probable did not see him look at her.  He looked to see the male What-Ever-It-Was look up and say something. What a weird fellow, though by what Honalee had said. I should have expected this.

Honalee spoke up, "You's a'see...? I's a'tolds you Dada was funners...."she then ran toward her parents. Karta thought it was cute, seeing them interact with each other. When he heard the female say "My Love, better safe than neutered...." he had to tilt his head slightly for his hair to block out his slight snicker. Through the veil of his black locks of hair he peeked over to see Chime's reaction, but the What-Ever-It-Was's introduced them.

The female with her soft, gentle yet firm voice stated that her name was Thoee, of the Bloodline Rurrumm, and the male with his strong and rugged voice filled with humor introduces himself as Deen, of the Bloodline Ahvviyinn with a grin that showed off his teeth, white and sharp in his grin.  

When they both bowed Karta stood up straight and bowed from the waist and with a velvety yet smoky voice he said back, "I speak for only myself as I have no idea what the female thinks, when I say thank you. My name is Karta, and I have only this herbal bread to offer in thanks for your hospitality."  Karta slowly rose from his bow and took off his pack and pulled out a loaf of herbal bread that luckily had not been squashed in his travel from the town from where he bought it. He held it out for Deen to take, it was only then that he noticed that Honalee had fallen asleep...

Anonymous

The older creatures, much like Honalee, welcomed them then, Chime smiled, seeing the smaller of them run to the parents.
She thought the sight of them heartwarming, and chuckled once as the older female spoke. She longed for her own family too, it had been too long since anyone had held her like that. Heh, Chime was a little green with envy, that was true.

She looked up again as the female spoke, introducing herself, followed by the male. Unusual names, though Chime had expected as much, what with them not being human. Thoee and Deen.
She turned to smile at the male, his voice was a pleasant one to hear, she could tell he was a kind... creature. His voice told her that much.

Honalee was asleep now, in Thoee's arms. Chime's expression softened. It truly was a peaceful sight, yeah... she really did miss her parents...
Shaking her hair out with a hand, she bowed back to Deen and Thoee, doing her best to keep those haunting images of her parents last moments from her mind.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Chime" she smiled at the pair of them.
Her expression didn't falter, even when Karta said 'Female' again in that tone, she merely turned her smile on him.
Maybe with enough kindness from her... he'd be a little more accepting of her.

When Karta offered them some bread, holding it out for Deen to take.
Chime nodded, and opened her own pack, sticking a hand inside, when she withdrew it, she pulled out a beaded necklace, deep sapphire with an amethyst stone at the front. She took a step closer to Thoee, and held it out.

"Please" she said, "I make many, th-the size is adjustable, if.. if it doesn't fit" she grinned slightly. "Lovely apron, by the way" Chime laughed lightly.

Anonymous

A bare moment after Karta's use of the word "female"... his tone of voice and flux of biosignature... Thoee's ears turned back slightly, and a subtle smile curled the ends of her muzzled lips.  Deen couldn't help but notice this, as well, both directly, from Karta's tone, and due to his mate's reaction... ahhh, yes!... he knew her quite well, indeed!  Knew that twitch of ears and tweak of smile intimately.  But... Karta was their guest, and he offered bread.  Perhaps his attitude focused on Chime?  Deen had seen this enough times in his travels, people refusing to use another's name, even when known.  Thoee also was willing to wait and see if her suspicions were correct.  After all, they had only just met...

... and this Karta person had also given them a return bow, before offering that bread.  Very nice bread, by the look and smell.

Deen?

Well...

... as Chime had suspected, he was indeed a kind sort, though not at all weak.  Not at all the kind of... hmmm... person anyone would want to be on the bad side of.  After all, Honalee had hefted that very large, heavy stick as if it weighed nothing, though she was very young and very small.  Her mother, Thoee, in fact, stood eye to eye with Karta, while she had to tilt her head just to look at his kneecaps!  And her mother could lift a thousand pounds of tiger as easily as Karta could lift a kitten.  While her father, Deen, stood even taller, his maleness not only evident in feathered shroudruff, lack of tail's tuft, and... ahem!... "other" details, but in his greater muscle mass.  Not to mention the claws and teeth both male and female Nism possessed.

Not that either Thoee or Deen would use what their Creators had given them in any irresponsible manner.  They were, after all, civilized creatures, despite the first impressions their lack of clothing may have provided.  So, Deen accepted the bread Karta offered, with grace.  And a bit of distraction.  With a twitch of ears and tail, and a "pardon me" nod to both elf and human, he paced over to where Honalee had dropped her Sticky Stick, and picked "him" up.

Thoee?

Well...

... Chime had caught her attention, smile and biosignature's flux speaking volumes.  And her gift, beads and stone.  Her step closer, a bit nervous of word.  But Thoee understood.  Accepted the gift with one hand, while the other still cradled her daughter.........

Her mate returned then, stick in one hand, bread in the other, a bit of wind ruffling both fur and apron.  His ears and attention, caught by Chime's comment and laugh...

...  "My Sweetness picked it out...."  A wide, toothy grin, followed by a flare and chuff of blue-tipped, blood-red shroudruff feathers...  "Even matches my most attractive feature, doesn't it?"  Indeed.  The lettering on the front not only red, but the rest of the apron, a matching blue, as well.

Thoee gave her mate a look, and a shake of her head, as she slipped Chime's gift over her ears and around her neck.  Just in time for Honalee to wiggle and yawn and open her eyes... her youthfull attention immediately fixated on the pretty shiney hanging within reach.  Little, cautious pawhands reached up and played gently with the bauble, as another yawn overwhelmed her wide-eyed wonder at this new thing.  Deen?  He gestured towards Karta with the bread, swept his own eyes over bauble and mate and child.  A grateful look to Chime, for her gift, that look to mate and child filled with love and affection and...

...  "Is'a pretty shiney, Mama...."  Little tail waved tuft, and curled around maternal arm, as tiny nostrils flared, and little tongue licked little snout...  "I's a'hungry...?"

Good question, given the scent wafting from the grill...

... so, with a chuckle, Deen turned his pace back to camp, to tend to the meal.  And to the bread.  Thoee?  Well...

...  "Yes, it is, Hun... and I imagine we all are, indeed."

A warm smile towards Chime.  A... slightly different smile, reserved for Karta, as she also turned towards camp, wave of tail sweeping tuft's tip lightly under Karta's chin, a mere tickle of fur.  Glance over shoulder, inviting both to follow.........

Anonymous

Karta was surprised that Chime could make lovely sparkly jewellery, even though it was just a beaded necklace. I really thought I was over my crow faze, but the moonlight hits the amethyst stone just right. Too bad it is not set in silver or some dragon's gold.  When he heard Chime comment on Deen's, um lovely apron.

When Deen took the bread from Karta's hand, Karta quickly moved out of the way when Deen went to grab the stick. To think this all started because of that stupid sick. Though I do not see why they want it, it is not that usefully. That's when he noticed Thoee put on Chime's gift, it looks lovely on her, but I seem to have insulted her somehow.

What Karta did not get was that most did not like how he treated most of the female humanoids, but then again no one really knew why he had such a strong distaste for them as well. Though deep down Karta wished he could get over his.....

.... well he did not even know what to call it other than distaste.

Just at that moment Honalee woke up, Karta saw her eyes light up as she said, "Is'a pretty shiney, Mama....", Honalee then comment on how hungry she was. Deen had chuckled and Thoee agreed with Honalee stating that most were probable hungry.

Thoee had given Chime a warm smile, Karta knew right away that the smile she had giving him was different. Though when she turned toward the camp she had waved her tail tuft's tip lightly under Karta's chin, the mere tickle of fur reminding him of his mother before his father had killed her.

Karta never saw Thoee's glance over her shoulder to invite them in, as his dark brown eyes had glazed over and his black hair shifted in the wind some of it flew in front of his face without him noticing. For he just could remember his mother and how she had brought that female in to their home while his father was away. He had never told anyone what had happen those two nights before his father had come home and killed the female that had given birth to him as well as the other one. He remembered them running their hand over him, and him crying "noo, please momma stop, I'll be good, please no more", but both never did stop. They just kept touching him and running their tongues over him, their eyes glowing and him shutting his eyes hoping to be anywhere but there....[/u]

While Karta was caught in his nightmare of a flashback, tears had started to fall from the corner of his eyes. This had never happened to him, not since his last lover who had been his friend helped him over his fear or so they had thought. Of course they never took in to fact that they were both males and the offenders had been females. Another fact was that Karta had not known was thought one of the offenders looked like his mother, she was in fact not. Shape shifters had killed him mother, and one had taken her form. For virgins blood where a high selling profit be it from male or female. Male virgins of course were harder to find since... well male tend to lose it as soon as they hit puberty.  

Anyway... so tears were falling from the corner of Karta eyes leaving small salty trails down his slightly tanned checks which then fell down from his chin landing in the dirt.

Anonymous

Chime's heart welled when she saw Thoee slip the necklace around her neck, rousing Honalee, who gripped the round amethyst at the end.

Shiny indeed, Chime agreed, internally.

It must have been nice for Honalee, having such loving, caring parents. Oh, how Chime wanted to return to her past, her sixteen years with her parents had been great while they lasted, but of corse, shapeshifters were rare, thus why Chime and her family had ben hunted to the ends of the earth, and her parents cut to shreds for their blood. Only Chime had managed to escape... Thanks to her mothers generosity.

It wasn't likely that Chime would forget those events, they had after all, shaped her into the woman she now was. As much as she would like to change her past, she wouldn't. She wouldn't have met all the lovely people she now knew, Kain, Honalee, Thoee and Deen, Karta... and even Revis.

She swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat, rubbing her eyes with trembling hands. She looked back at the small family of three. A dead-eyed smile was all she could offer, hoping to the goddess that their family would stay safe.

"Indeed it does" Chime agreed, the apron was nicely coloured. Chime nodded, and stepped to follow Thoee, but she paused, feeling a shift in Karta's aura. A big shift.
She turned to look at him, his eyes were glinting with something dark, as if he was remembering something. Something much like what Chime had been, that haunted look she knew so well was twinkling in his dark eyes.

"Karta..." Chime murmured, but he didn't look at her. His eyes were watering, Chime's expression softened, she took a cautious step closer, "K-Karta?" she asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

A tear rolled down his cheek, and her brow ceased, the sound of that tear landing on the dirt was suddenly all Chime heard. She would have touched his cheek... hugged him... tried to make him stop crying, but she didn't want him to push her away, in disgust. As she knew he probably would, if she tried any more physical contact, other than that hand on his shoulder.

Her eyes flashed, as she looked back to Deen and Thoee, still heading back up to their home.