Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Travelin' Soldier (open)

Started by Anonymous, July 09, 2009, 04:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The dark, qquiet streets were shattered by an earpiercing scream. A man was trying to rape a woman, little did he know that up on the rooftops, a young creature watched, preparing to pass his judgement on this man. The weredragon was in his dragon form, but was plenty small enough he could sit atop the roof and not have to worry about it caving in beneath him.

With a loud shriek and a roar, the weredragon dove from the rooftop, pinning down the man and slashing at him, making sure he was wounded, but not fatally. Just a message to him and those who dared to bring down any weak person. This weredragon bowed to no man, neither did he fawn over anyone he didn't find worthy enough. Why? Because he was a weredragon prince, the great Ziggy Zarrodi, he was truly a mark of inspiration to any who found him as a friend, but a hell-like nightmare to any he marked as his enemy.

After the man ran off, he turned to his human form, turning to the woman, "You OK?" He asked her softly. When she nodded, he asked if she needed anything, she shook her head and said that she should be fine from here to home. Ziggy nodded and turned to walk off, when she didn't stop him, he figured she would be alright and kept walking. He may have made a freakishly tall human, but he was actually very small for a weredragon. He looked around, looking for a source of interest or entertainment.

Anonymous

She sat on the opposite rooftop, watching the.. Dragon. The nighttime always offered some sort of peaceful state of mind that she adored.
The woman who crouched there wore her usual clothes. Blue sleeveless coat that hung down to her ankles, leather gauntlets covering her wrists, and her Pinwheel sitting at her back. The large weapon always stuck out at awkward angles, but Yuna never minded it. The weapon had dome much for her.

She watched the dragon through crystal blue eyes, dark brown hair hanging down to her mid-back, some tangled around the handles of her pinwheel.
She remained still, even when the dragon swooped down and brutally struck the rapist. Then to Yuna's surprise, he turned into a human.
A very tall human.
He spoke to the lady, his words unbeknown to Yuna, she was out of earshot. When the now-man began to walk away from the woman, Yuna stood.

She waited until she saw the woman turn to walk in the opposite direction before she leapt down from her perch with surprising grace. Landing with a soft thud, she stood again, and ran after the man. Laughter bubbled past her lips again, as she got closer, the man's height was intimidating, that was for sure. Intimidating, to Yuna, usually meant funny.

She caught up with him, now only a few feet behind him and called out, "Hey!" She took another step forward, narrowing her eyes, "Good call back there, you beat me to it..." she raised a hand to scratch the back of her head, moving around so that she was now in front of him, she balled her hands into fists and stood on her tip-toes so she could see his eyes, she raised a hand and poked his chest with it, "... You look human.."

He wasn't though.
Then again... Neither was Yuna.

Anonymous

Ziggy stopped, hearing the woman behind him, and turned his head just enough to see her walk around in front of him. He tilted his head when she poked him and raised an eyebrow. "Yeah...?" He said, in response to her 'You look human...' comment. "Oh, you saw that back there?" He asked, smiling. "Yeah... I'm not -exactly- human... partially, not exactly." He said, sighing softly. "But still, whatever I am... I am merely a defender of justice... and the enemies of my enemies are my friends..." He said with a shrug.

He looked around for something to talk about. Seeing nothing, he asked instead "What would you say if I asked you if you would be interested in joining a type of non-human army I'm thinking of putting together?" Yes, he could sense that she wasn't human. She didn't smell like a human, anyway.

Anonymous

Nodding as he asked if she had seen what he had done, she blinked, "So you're a dragon, huh?" She'd only ever read about dragons... ones that could turn into people anyway. It was.. odd to meet one.

She laughed as he spoke his next few words.
"You sound like a soldier on his first mission!" she resisted the urge to reach out and tickle him, instead she leaned back slightly and crossed her arms, looking up the two feet there was between their heights and grinning slightly. "I had a friend like that, told me he was gonna be a hero! ...too bad he's dead now though." she chuckled once. She'd never really liked that 'friend' anyway.

Non-human army? Yuna blinked, confused. He'd known she wasn't human?
She un-crossed her arms, "Hey, hey... How'd you know I wasn't a human?" did he knew exactly what she was?
Not even she knew that. "Non-human army for what?" she was confused as well as curious.
She shifted slightly, shifting the massive pinwheel. One of it's spikes sticking into the small of her back. Damn.. she really ought to find a newer way of carrying the thing.

Briefly she wondered if the spikes on it were strong enough to pierce dragon scale.
Who knows, if this man was some sort of weirdo like so many of the other men in Ketra, she'd be able to figure that out.
But she doubted that. He was a 'defender of justice' type. Those didn't usually last very long. She'd known a couple people like that, spoken to them... then the next thing she'd hear about them was their deathday reunion. It really was depressing sometimes, seeing all that spirit die.

Anonymous

Ziggy shrugged, "I can sense that you're not human... for one thing, you don't have a human-aura anywhere near you, another thing: you don't exactly smell like a human..." he said, then said "I'm a weredragon." he said to her 'You're a dragon' question. Her last question he noted, seemed to make her cautious of him. "If I told you, you could never tell anyone... I dunno how many people I can trust with my secrets... last three people I told -any- secret of mine to, I had to run from the cities they resided in so that nobody would find me..." He said softly.

Anonymous

Yes! Weredragons!
She'd heard of them, here and there. Mostly from the people in Arca, there was rumored to be a dragon-girl living below the castle, but Yuna didn't know how much of that she was willing to believe.

She cocked her head to the side and poked his arm. His skin felt normal too. Well.. maybe dragons werent so bad after all. Plus, the goddess seemed to have been very generous when she chose what he was going to look like, he was handsome.

He had stated what he was, she felt obliged to do the same, "I have no idea what I am... but to make up for that, I know my name. It's Yuna. Yuna Locket. Your turn." she laughed once.

Ooh, a secret that had made him run? Yuna clapped her hands together then, and grinned widely, "I won't tell anyone." she said simply, lowering her hands again, wrapping one around her pinwheel, "Depending on what the secret is of corse." she wasn't going to tell anyone anyway, she had no-one to tell.

Anonymous

Ziggy paused at the name thing. And said "Very well," then bowed humbly like a modern Japanese schoolboy to a headmaster. "I am Prince Ziggy Zarrodi, from the kingdom of Merisitirthe. I have been banished from my own kingdom by order of my uncle, for reasons I myself am not sure of..." He then sighed, standing straight again and said, "I plan on building a respectable army to overthrow my uncle and his own army." His eyes had gone from black to silver, silver for a weredragon meant they were nervous or anticipating something bad was going to happen.

Anonymous

A prince?
This just kept getting odder.
She had to back up a step as he bowed, standing so close had limited his movement slightly. But she grinned and gave an eyebrow quirk, "Ziggy?" she lifted a hand to muffle her laughter, "Fitting name for a prince, if I do say so myself."

She listened to the rest of what he said, overthrowing his uncle who had banished him. Then.. well.. then his eyes changed colour. Yuna took one step back, before re-gaining it. "Man you dragon types really are something else..." she murmured, before meeting his now silver gaze with her own blue one, "You don't even know how strong I am! You can't just go around asking anyone to come overthrow your uncle!" but she grinned, "Even though I'd go without a second thought, I just think.. its kind of strange.. y'know?"

Then she stepped closer to him again, till she could feel his body heat, and stood up on her tip toes again to get a better view of that face of his, "are the eyes a dragon-thing too?"

Anonymous

Ziggy smiled, "You're strong enough to carry that weapon of yours... should be enough. You don't even have to be a very close distance to throw that thing, do you?" He asked, smiling a bit. "Besides, battles are won with strategy and planning, not with strength or numbers." He said, then laughed only slightly as he said "But I'll bet they help..." as he smiled a bit at her. He then sighed, and said, in regards to her eye question "Yes, all weredragon eyes can change colors... it all just depends on our mood..."

Anonymous

She nodded, that was true. The Pinwheel was much heavier than it looked. He was right again, she could use it for hand-to-hand as well as long distance. He was smarter than he looked. Yuna smiled, "Thats true, the pinwheel serves some great purposes," she tilted her head and looked at him, "But I'm sure being a dragon serves even greater ones."

She had to wonder how great it must feel to be able to fly like he did. Flying was probably one hell of an experience, too bad Yuna could only was stay in the air for longer than normal if she switched directions or used what little magic she could get into contact with to keep her up.

Listening to what he then said, she nodded, So the eyes were all about their moods, huh?
She grinned and leaned up so her face was mere inches from his, "All about moods," she laughed once, "So... that would mean... silver is for nerves? And what colour is for embarrassment I wonder?" she pressed her hands against his stomach to brace herself as she leaned a little too far forward, she laughed and danced back again. Eyes really were a window into his soul, in this case anyway.

Anonymous

"Weredragons rarely feel embarrassed, or at least I don't anyway... but I suppose, white is fear, silver is nervous, red is angry, any shade of green indicates we don't feel well, so, I'd imagine, possibly pink or violet would be embarrassed..." He said, and shrugged a little. "I wouldn't know, I've never had much purpose for my life..." He then sighed sadly, wondering why he was basically pouring his Harry Hard-luck story to this girl.

Anonymous

Her face softened instantly, and she nodded, "Yeah... I get that," she scuffed the ground with the toe of her shoe, "I'm the same.. Never really had much purpose to my life. Just making people smile is what I like doing."

That was true enough, her life had been terribly boring lately. After giving up the search for her parents, she'd pretty much been wondering around doing nothing.
Occasionally, she'd take a job, a mercenary of sorts. But that was only occasionally.

Yuna shrugged, and smiled brightly at him, "But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy what's happening now though, right?" She stepped forward again, and tickled him playfully, wanting him to smile, "Lighten up, Ziggy!"

Oh, she was never going to tire of saying his name.

Anonymous

"What're you doing?" he asked when she tried to tickle him. Obviously he wasn't the ticklish type. "Is that some sort of..... mating ritual for your kind?" he asked, raising an eyebrow a bit. His eyes had gone back to black. He then shook his head, asking "Am I just -that- irresistable...?" mostly to himself. Wow, this guy must never have played a game in his life.

Anonymous

Yuna snorted, then fell into irrevocable laughter.
She was gripping her sides, as she panted. Finishing off with her onslaught. She stood again, "It's called tickling!" she laughed again, "If I was trying to perform a... 'mating ritual' I'd have you by now. This-" she placed her hands on his stomach again, "It tickles most people, it feels funny! Makes them laugh." She shrugged, "Makes me laugh anyway."

She quirked an eyebrow at him, "Don't get me wrong, you are a pretty guy, but... " she paused and dropped her hands from his stomach, crossing them over her chest, "Not enough play time for you, Ziggy?"

That couldn't be right.. everyone needed play time. Though Yuna's came more constantly and frequently that everyone else's, she was sure of that.

Anonymous

"What is 'play time'?" he asked, tilting his head a bit. He couldn't have been lying about this, weredragons were incapable of lying. You'd be able to see through their lies in an instant. Hmmm, maybe he never had any fun before? Maybe he was the 'all work no play' type?" He tilted his head once more at her, the other way this time. If he had never had fun before, how was anyone going to change that?

Anonymous

Yuna was taken aback, he really didn't know what 'fun' was?
Fun was the meaning of her life, it was what drove her to do what she always did, she found it odd that Ziggy didn't know what play-time was!

She watched him as he cocked his head each way, and realised he was serious, "thats it, I'm gonna help you have some fun, forget about your uncle for a little while, okay Ziggy?"

She blinked, and glanced around at their surroundings. Before an Idea came to mind. "You can fly right?" she grinned, "Try and catch me!" she laughed once before leaping up and using his shoulders to launch her to the roof above and running along the building's foundations. Still silent as ever, only soft thuds that could easily pass as a cat walking over the rooftops, were made.

She leapt to the opposite roof. Whatever her heritage, her parents must have had some great agility tucked away. No, Yuna couldn't fly, but her agility allowed her to stay in the air far longer than any average human. Not even the pinwheel dragged her down much.

Anonymous

Ziggy watched her for a moment. What was the meaning of this? She was laughing while running around like some invisible, terrifying enemy was chasing her. He then shook his head, changing to his dragon form. He'd never find out what 'fun' was unless he actually tried to find out, right? He then jumped into the air, and flew after her, gaining speed and accelerating with every beat of his wings. It wasn't much more than 15 seconds before he was beisde her, he looked a bit bored actually, obviously a game of 'Tag' wasn't an option for a guy that got bored of chasing things.

Anonymous

He had followed, that was enough. Yuna kept running until he flew up next to her, with that, she grinned at him for a moment, and leapt from her place on the roof, turning half-way in mid air, and using his neck as a vault, launching herself onto the roof opposite them, landing just as quietly, and running the opposite direction.

She turned to look behind her, "Come on Ziggy! Loosen up a little!" she laughed, and sped up, leaping onto the next roof. She was having fun at least, and she had a ton of energy left to burn before she got tired. One of the perks of being... whatever it was she was.

Anonymous

He was rather surprised when she vaulted over his neck, turning abruptly as he kept flying after her. Weredragons got bored so very easily, if you can't keep them entertained, you may as well try to befriend a tree. Now that he thought about it, this was -kinda- like a hunt chase or a mating flight of some sort. Well, whatever 'fun' was, he usually enjoyed himself during those types of chases. The last five weredragon years had been an enjoyable experience, mostly because he had been on about ten mating flights each year, and he had enjoyed them, but he never truly caught any of the females who had challenged him and other males to -try- to catch them. So, the best he could do was stand off to the side while the victor claimed his prize and hope to pick up some tricks he didn't already know for when he did win a mating flight. But he shouldn't get his hopes up, he continued to follow her, flying up beside her again. This time falling back a little, then coming up directly behind her, and slipped his head (no horns or anything that would hurt, mind you) between her legs and let her slide onto his back. She had said that she wanted to know what it was like to fly, didn't she? He then beat his wings stronger than before and pulled up into the air. He had a long, horselike mane she could grab if she felt she would slip

Anonymous

She had seen him out of the corner of her eye when he had come in behind her again, she was prepared to vault off him again the same way she had earlier, but she was surprised when his head came up between her legs.

She tried to speed up but he had already lifted her off the ground. Before she knew it, she was laughing again, sliding down a little on his neck and gripping onto his mane. She made sure her pinwheel wouldn't stick into him in the movement.

Her long blue coat flying out behind her as they flew. She leaned up so that her lips weren't too far from his ear, and spoke, "Having fun now?" she laughed again as she slid back.

She was beginning to wonder if he even knew what the word fun meant, but it seemed he had a slight idea!
Yuna was beside herself with laughter, this feeling, now what she felt was like nothing she had experienced. Even if it wasn't really her flying, it was as good as. The wind felt so much better from their height than it did from down below. She had to resist the urge to let go of his mane to spread her arms many times as they flew. She hunkered down a little lower, listening to his wingbeats, watching the sky fly past them.

She hadn't felt this way in a long time.